The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome (POIS)  (Read 6460790 times)

Offline greengrass

• First timers
    • View Profile
Re: Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome (POIS)
« Reply #16250 on: 27/04/2012 10:33:35 »
Thank you for your information, badgerstripe.   Its greatly appreciated.

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16251 on: 27/04/2012 22:47:10 »
Does anyone see a connection between niacin and testosterone?

They both work for some people, so I'm really curious if there is a similar physiological mechanism at work here?

Offline Vincent M

• View Profile
« Reply #16252 on: 28/04/2012 00:07:36 »
About niacin and testosterone, from what I've read from past posts it seems likely that both may have some connection to histamine whether it's to histamine levels, some effect on h-receptors, or on more complex histamine cycles and feedback loops.

It's also likely that both improve blood circulation and thus have an anti-inflammatory and improved overall healing effect.

I doubt that I have a vitamin b3 deficiency. I'm pretty sure the flush or some other effect of niacin is what improves my POIS.

I've been reading up on our posts about histamine and I've decided to buy Ranitidine, an h2 receptor antagonist, and try that out even though it's used to reduce stomach acid and not for allergies.

On the subject of stomachs I finally realized that honey was causing me stomach pain. During the time I was taking betaine hcl I was also taking honey, which leads me to believe it was the honey and not the betaine hcl that caused my stomach pain at the time. This leaves me confused as to whether the betaine hcl, the honey, or something else that was responsible for the temporary worsening of my symptoms. After taking the betaine hcl I believed that my stomach acid was too high, but now it seems more likely that my stomach acid is normal. After more time passes I'll be able to tell whether honey causes a worsening of my symptoms in addition to the stomach pain it oddly causes in me.

In reading past posts I've realized how helpful the new forum at poiscenter is since all I had to do was find one thread about histamine and just scroll down through it to find most of the info on histamine that I wanted. I know the thread on niacin holds even more information despite the fact that much of it is repetitive.

Edit- I've also been thinking more lately about an odd duality of my personal manifestation of POIS. The duality being that my high ejac rate and relatively severe symptoms are on one side and on the other side I appear to heal relatively fast (3-4 days) from my symptoms compared to many here (on the few occasions I have the willpower to abstain that long). I've thought for a while that high testosterone levels may be a cause of that duality for me. The other indicators of high testosterone for me include a number of factors. One being my thick and fast growing facial hair. The others being my high libido and high muscle to fat ratio. Since my current GP refuses to test my T levels I'll have to wait to find that out for sure.
« Last Edit: 28/04/2012 00:27:52 by Vincent Marcus »

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16253 on: 28/04/2012 01:31:06 »

All of us can do plenty of damage by carelessly recommending a "cure" to anyone.

When trying out a POIS treatment, we must be extremely careful.

Because we are all different!

Please: any POIS medical treatment here should be CUSTOM tailored to YOUR BODY and YOUR medical history, and should be done under a good doctor's supervision!

Example: my own very successful POIS treatment could be a disaster for the "wrong" person, i.e., someone else.

And regarding your doctor, POISers need better-than-average help, because the condition is so unknown - and complex.

So find a better-than-average physician or medical practitioner to help you with your POIS!

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16254 on: 28/04/2012 01:47:39 »

It's also likely that both [testosterone and niacin] improve blood circulation and thus have an anti-inflammatory and improved overall healing effect.

Thank you, Vincent Marcus!

I think testosterone's anti-inflammatory action is a BIG explanation of my POIS success.

"Improved overall healing effect" also happened to me, with a fairly immediate, noticeable and very pleasant lift in my mood!

Since my current GP refuses to test my T levels I'll have to wait to find that out for sure.

Get rid of him!!

Quick!!

Or give me his phone number and I'll tongue lash him! That is outrageous.

But...the same thing happened to me: they refused.

It's not my personality, I'm kinda reserved, but after 30+ years of POIS *H*E*L*L*... I DEMANDED that they (my GP + my urologist) test me and give me testosterone!

(A highly recommended Czech Republic sex researcher convinced me on the telephone in 2002 that testosterone was THE cure for my POIS.)

I was skeptical, but didn't have a better answer in 2002, so I GOT AGGRESSIVE with the docs (GP AND urologist). I made POIS sound like it was a mainstream ailment that these "country doctors" (I live in a big city : - ) needed to read up on!

It worked.

I finally got my testing...and Rx for daily testosterone patches (10mg Androderm).

This took a few years. My longwinded rambling posts tell the story. After a number of false starts with testosterone (it's not a simple thing) I'm now POIS-free for over 2 years.

I wish that for all of you.

I hate to say it, but WE MUST GET TOUGH WITH DOCS!
« Last Edit: 28/04/2012 02:09:40 by demografx »

Offline CertainlyPOIS

• View Profile
« Reply #16255 on: 28/04/2012 01:54:56 »
Since my current GP refuses to test my T levels I'll have to wait to find that out for sure.

http://www.lef.org/Vitamins-Supplements/Blood-Tests/Blood-Tests.htm
r u in us
you can do testosterone test with them with no need of doctor prescription. They send you their doctors prescription, you go to a questdiagnotics lab around you to do your test.
This is how i did my testosterone,couple of vitamins and catecholomine test.

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16256 on: 28/04/2012 02:08:24 »
CC, do you feel these guys are as good as a local hospital lab?

Offline CertainlyPOIS

• View Profile
« Reply #16257 on: 28/04/2012 04:08:42 »

i cant really compare them to local hospital labs, Most private doctors use either quest or this other lab(forgot name). two biggest  labs in us.
lef is going send patient to quest.   
am going to say they are good because doctors use  them alot

Offline Stef

• View Profile
« Reply #16258 on: 28/04/2012 04:14:02 »

It's also likely that both [testosterone and niacin] improve blood circulation and thus have an anti-inflammatory and improved overall healing effect.

Thank you, Vincent Marcus!

I think testosterone's anti-inflammatory action is a BIG explanation of my POIS success.

"Improved overall healing effect" also happened to me, with a fairly immediate, noticeable and very pleasant lift in my mood!

Get rid of him!!

Quick!!

Or give me his phone number and I'll tongue lash him! That is outrageous.

But...the same thing happened to me: they refused.

It's not my personality, I'm kinda reserved, but after 30+ years of POIS *H*E*L*L*... I DEMANDED that they (my GP + my urologist) test me and give me testosterone!

(A highly recommended Czech Republic sex researcher convinced me on the telephone in 2002 that testosterone was THE cure for my POIS.)

I was skeptical, but didn't have a better answer in 2002, so I GOT AGGRESSIVE with the docs (GP AND urologist). I made POIS sound like it was a mainstream ailment that these "country doctors" (I live in a big city : - ) needed to read up on!

It worked.

I finally got my testing...and Rx for daily testosterone patches (10mg Androderm).

This took a few years. My longwinded rambling posts tell the story. After a number of false starts with testosterone (it's not a simple thing) I'm now POIS-free for over 2 years.

I wish that for all of you.

I hate to say it, but WE MUST GET TOUGH WITH DOCS!

Absolutely right on,Demo!!!

BIG RED FLAG when a doc refuses to perform a blood test that you feel is important.

Fire him, Vncent Marcus! Find someone else!  Word of mouth often helps -- just ask around for a GP who people like and trust.

He has his nerve refusing to test you! 

And he just lost a customer!

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16259 on: 28/04/2012 04:40:52 »
THANK YOU STEF!

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16260 on: 28/04/2012 04:48:59 »
Let's all forget about "making nice" to doctors.

More important is our POIS-free future!

So STEP on their toes. Your life is MORE important than their painful, stepped-on toes!!
« Last Edit: 28/04/2012 04:51:51 by demografx »

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16261 on: 28/04/2012 04:50:46 »
To set the record straight, I am no longer obnoxious with doctors.

I finally found a great endocrinologist and a teriffic GP.

Took a few years and a few firings, though!
« Last Edit: 28/04/2012 05:06:19 by demografx »

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16262 on: 28/04/2012 05:01:30 »

i cant really compare them to local hospital labs, Most private doctors use either quest or this other lab(forgot name). two biggest  labs in us.
lef is going send patient to quest.   
am going to say they are good because doctors use  them alot

Thanks, CC!

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16263 on: 28/04/2012 05:15:56 »
Great Job for the TV Documentary !!!

DO NOT HESITATE TO SHARE YOUR BLOOD TEST RESULTS ON THE OTHER FORUM : http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=98.0

It could help us to see some common disfunction... we could even split into sections (hormonal, immunology, vitamin and others) like a real database.
Of course, the most important stays the NORD fund !
Thank you !

Thank you very much Habibou. I dont have access right now to my blood test results, but i will post them when i get them.

Thank you for sharing that with us, Observer!

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16264 on: 28/04/2012 05:26:55 »

According to the dailymail.co.uk, the Who recognizes adrenal fatigue as a real condition. But I don't find anything on the Who site.

B_Jim, my guess is that DailyMail.co.uk doesn't know what they're talking about : - )

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16265 on: 28/04/2012 07:32:59 »
Thank you, B_Jim, I am of course only guessing.

Nordnurse has given me some excellent input regarding this possibility.

Offline GoingCrazy

• View Profile
« Reply #16266 on: 28/04/2012 08:08:53 »

Im trying this and it's not working for me.

Really, Im feeling even worse.

This is a perfect example of the harm we can do by irresponsibly recommending a "cure" to anyone.

I did not recommend a "cure" to anyone.  Just stated what has been really helping me.  I guess I could agree with you if I had said to him "try this it is the cure" but I didn't say that.  I'm sorry if people misunderstood me.  Maybe I shouldn't even be defending myself as you're right, that could be the consequence of somebody recommending a cure.

Anyway Fidalgo and everybody else,  I've sinced stopped the Sea Salt and vitamin C since I ran out of vitamin C.  I am now taking nothing and surprisingly I am having very good sleep.  I am so exhausted right now and am sleeping very well.  So far I haven't had any orgasms but I will update in the future of the affects.  I actually feel better now than I was taking any vitamin C, claritin, or sea salt.  Sleep is like heaven to me, I haven't slept this well in quite a while.  Perhaps (in my previous posts), when my headache "left", POIS "left", but I will know soon.

I am not sure if it was the C and sea salt that has done this to me.  I am leaning toward the prolonged use of high doses of vitamin C that is making me currently immune to POIS, the sea salt and C I am not so sure about but it still was part of the equation and could have possibly played a role.  I will update in the future.

Anyways about the 2 weeks rule, yes I did wait 2 weeks, and even more than that, I've waited 2 months after taking high doses of vitamin C, and another 2 weeks while on the sea salt & C, I was just feeling so good that I had to say something.  I will update on my future O's
« Last Edit: 28/04/2012 08:10:53 by GoingCrazy »

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16267 on: 28/04/2012 21:44:37 »

This is a perfect example of the harm we can do by irresponsibly recommending a "cure" to anyone.

I did not recommend a "cure" to anyone.

No one accused you. 

All we're saying is: let's  A L L be EXTRA-sensitive when it comes to our fellow POISers, some of whom are desperate and will try ANYTHING! - even a lupus test lol.

So our POIS TREATMENT EXPERIMENTS language should be as "non-promotional", non-emotional as possible - not easy for anyone here who finally "finds" something that works. It's exciting!. But for our vulnerable, often silent readers we must be subtle, factual, scientific. As objective as possible.

GoingCrazy, your intentions are good. Thank you for your many contributions.

« Last Edit: 30/04/2012 18:31:29 by demografx »

Offline observercenter

• View Profile
« Reply #16268 on: 29/04/2012 00:23:51 »
I want to share with the forum that there is a major newspaper interested in publishing a lenghty article/report about P.O.I.S. and the health journalists/a prominent doctor  have asked me for help. This could have wider and very positive repercussions. I will update shortly on this issue.

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16269 on: 29/04/2012 01:40:21 »
observercenter, thank you for the wonderful news!
« Last Edit: 29/04/2012 02:48:10 by demografx »

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16270 on: 29/04/2012 02:36:59 »
Testosterone fertility risks

At the suggestion of forum members who wanted to know,  I once did a Sperm Count Analysis at a fertility lab.

My Sperm Count is zero.

I will never know if this is because of my high-dose/my choice TRT (testosterone) - my primary treatment for POIS - or something else.

I have two adult sons, so I was obviously fertile 30 years ago. And I don't plan to have more children - so it's ok now.

But if you're younger (most of you are), starting/expanding a family, fertility risk is something worth exploring if you are considering TRT as a possible POIS cure.

« Last Edit: 29/04/2012 02:58:19 by demografx »

Offline Vasian1980

• View Profile
« Reply #16271 on: 29/04/2012 07:54:23 »
Do you have a white coating on the tongue and not a pleasant smell? Even if you have sweaty palms? We are constantly wet hands. Answer please.

Offline acronym

• View Profile
« Reply #16272 on: 29/04/2012 08:01:21 »

I did not recommend a "cure" to anyone.  Just stated what has been really helping me.  I guess I could agree with you if I had said to him "try this it is the cure" but I didn't say that.  I'm sorry if people misunderstood me.  Maybe I shouldn't even be defending myself as you're right, that could be the consequence of somebody recommending a cure.

Anyway Fidalgo and everybody else,  I've sinced stopped the Sea Salt and vitamin C since I ran out of vitamin C.  I am now taking nothing and surprisingly I am having very good sleep.  I am so exhausted right now and am sleeping very well.  So far I haven't had any orgasms but I will update in the future of the affects.  I actually feel better now than I was taking any vitamin C, claritin, or sea salt.  Sleep is like heaven to me, I haven't slept this well in quite a while.  Perhaps (in my previous posts), when my headache "left", POIS "left", but I will know soon.

I am not sure if it was the C and sea salt that has done this to me.  I am leaning toward the prolonged use of high doses of vitamin C that is making me currently immune to POIS, the sea salt and C I am not so sure about but it still was part of the equation and could have possibly played a role.  I will update in the future.

Anyways about the 2 weeks rule, yes I did wait 2 weeks, and even more than that, I've waited 2 months after taking high doses of vitamin C, and another 2 weeks while on the sea salt & C, I was just feeling so good that I had to say something.  I will update on my future O's

I've been doing the Vit-C and sea salt routine for a bit over a week now and I think its helping me. Its certainly not a 'omg this is fantastic' outcome, but i've felt a bit better than normal. I should point out I started taking P-5-P two weeks prior, which is helping with my sleep/dreams as well.
Both the sea salt + high dose vit-c could easily play a part in any improvement, but it may not be the same for everyone as a number of us could have other concomitant health issues....for instance parasites or mineral deficiences which the salt will help with.
I actually took high dose (30-40gm) Vit-C injections years ago as part of the treatment to recover from CFS. In later years I have also taken the Myers cocktail when really run down (high dose Vit-C,  Vit-Bs, Ca, Mg, Zn) and felt wonderful on them, very diminished pois symptoms. The catch with continuing to take these injections....I had to go to a special clinic an hours drive away, expensive ($150/wk), and there is no residual benefit...within 3-4 days of stopping you feel the same as you did before taking them.
I didn't think GC was irresponsible at all. These substances are hardly risky, and for those of us who have had pois for years, feeling temporarily worse for trying a new 'prospective' treatment is better than not trying anything beyond abstinence. I think its wonderful whenever I read of someone getting an improvment when trying something new (that I've never tried), as it gives me hope, even if its short lived. People here know the posters here are not medical professionals (and even then with my experience of medicos over the years they are not experts when it comes to something that is not in their textbooks). Its up to the individuals to read up on any substance or discuss it with their doctor or continue ignore it and wait till there is an official treatment protocol.

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16273 on: 29/04/2012 09:05:12 »
Thanks, acronym!

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16274 on: 29/04/2012 09:15:42 »

People here know the posters here are not medical professionals.

The more active, astute ones do.

Sadly, there are desperate readers who will try - indiscriminately - any strong, lengthy, enthusiastic reporting about POIS experiments.

We have had members here who have been suicidal, extremely vulnerable and not thinking clearly.

We have a responsibility to them, too. I don't want to get a Private Message one day saying "Forum Member X is in the hospital (or dead) after trying what was very enthusiastically reported by Forum Member Y."

This could have happened with a member who had GREAT ideas (carried forward expertly now by Victor.kons). In this case, his enthusiasm for injectable XN went as far as publicly and privately offering to mail XN+hypodermic syringe to every member on the forum. Even me, who found a cure!

So...there is no way am I going to think, "Well, tough cookies, Forum Member X should have studied it better." Not if we inadvertently contributed to lead him astray!

We are not medical practitioners, true, but in the absence of true medical knowledge "out there" about POIS in MedicineLand...we're IT!

All I'm simply suggesting, acronym, is to let's keep these people in mind when posting experiments.
« Last Edit: 30/04/2012 18:29:49 by demografx »

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #16274 on: 29/04/2012 09:15:42 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums