The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome (POIS)  (Read 6455368 times)

Offline kurtosis

• View Profile
Re: Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome (POIS)
« Reply #16475 on: 19/05/2012 11:40:39 »
Unfortunately, too much of Vit-C caused me diarrhea, and too much of high-calcium milk caused me sleepy all day long.
So, I now cut down on Vit-C, only take it when I feel the need. Also, I'll only drink one glass of milk at night before I go to bed.

I found the diarrhoea went away after a while. I took a few days to flush out (literally) my system and then I could take more vit c.  I'm holding firm (no pun intended :)) at around 2.5g / day with some effervescent electrolytes added and doing very well on it. The trick, I've found, is to take the 2-3g over 3 drinks during the day.  If I try to take it all at once it gives me stomach cramps but spreading it out helps keep me topped up and energetic. I take some spirulina capsules also and this gives another boost. It's difficult to describe how much better I'm feeling since I started doing this but a colleague commented that I've "come alive" which seems very positive!

Congrats to all on the El Mundo article. It helps give POIS legitimacy for other sufferers who'd like to explain what's happening to their doctors.

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16476 on: 19/05/2012 12:58:34 »
We are the most read/popular article right now!!!

!!!!!!!!! Yea!!!!!!!!

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16477 on: 19/05/2012 13:13:24 »
http://www.elmundo.es/elmundosalud/2012/05/18/noticias/1337359570.html

The article has been published and is in the top of the web-page!!

Muchas gracias a España y a los lectores de El Mundo por vuestra ayuda (Yo soy Víctor).

Congratulations, Victor, David and Michael! Another huge step forward for all the POIS community! Thank you so much!

Huge step forward, Victor K., yes!

Thank you, everyone.

« Last Edit: 20/05/2012 01:19:41 by demografx »

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16478 on: 19/05/2012 13:38:57 »

The article has been published and is at the top of the web-page!!

Muchas gracias a España y a los lectores de El Mundo por vuestra ayuda (Yo soy Víctor).

Click here for the El Mundo article Google-translated into English! 

MANY THANKS TO SPAIN AND THE READERS OF EL MUNDO FOR YOUR HELP!

« Last Edit: 20/05/2012 01:02:58 by demografx »

Offline Habibou

• View Profile
« Reply #16479 on: 19/05/2012 19:13:15 »
Maravilloso, Viva España !!!

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16480 on: 19/05/2012 20:14:20 »
Si, Habibou!!

Offline 0002ppdnuos

• View Profile
« Reply #16481 on: 19/05/2012 22:12:16 »
I found the diarrhoea went away after a while. I took a few days to flush out (literally) my system and then I could take more vit c.  I'm holding firm (no pun intended :)) at around 2.5g / day with some effervescent electrolytes added and doing very well on it. The trick, I've found, is to take the 2-3g over 3 drinks during the day.  If I try to take it all at once it gives me stomach cramps but spreading it out helps keep me topped up and energetic. I take some spirulina capsules also and this gives another boost. It's difficult to describe how much better I'm feeling since I started doing this but a colleague commented that I've "come alive" which seems very positive!
Thanks for the experience sharing, kurtosis.
But, could you tell what 'effervescent electrolytes' is?

Today, I topped my toast with margarine and garlic minces, the garlic cloves work really well for me, I mean whole day long, especially on my stomach.
Weird enough, when I feel good in my abdomen, I feel better in my brain, and sleep better at night. They seems all interrelated. Again, the symptoms do not disappear completely.
« Last Edit: 19/05/2012 22:18:48 by 0002ppdnuos »

Offline Stef

• View Profile
« Reply #16482 on: 19/05/2012 23:11:27 »
Bravo -- Victor, Daveman, and Michael!!!!!

You have each shown great strength.  POIS is now totally out of that dark, miserable closet! :-)

Stef

Offline 0002ppdnuos

• View Profile
« Reply #16483 on: 19/05/2012 23:35:06 »
I'd like to share an experience here.

Every time POIS occurs, I could not sleep at the proper time. And I found out that this syndrome is recognized as the Delayed Sleep Phase Syndrome. A number of website elaborates on this topic, one of which is listed below:
http://www.healthcommunities.com/delayed-sleep-phase-syndrome/treatment.shtml [nofollow]

Out of a number of treatments suggested in the above-mentioned website, I found Chronotherapy works best for me. It meant sleep 3 hrs later than that at which you go to bed the previous night. When I sleep enough, the POIS symptoms is less severe/ more bearable.

Offline silverandcol

• View Profile
« Reply #16484 on: 20/05/2012 00:15:17 »
I'd like to share an experience here.

Every time POIS occurs, I could not sleep at the proper time. And I found out that this syndrome is recognized as the Delayed Sleep Phase Syndrome. A number of website elaborates on this topic, one of which is listed below:
http://www.healthcommunities.com/delayed-sleep-phase-syndrome/treatment.shtml [nofollow]

Out of a number of treatments suggested in the above-mentioned website, I found Chronotherapy works best for me. It meant sleep 3 hrs later than that at which you go to bed the previous night. When I sleep enough, the POIS symptoms is less severe/ more bearable.

Yup, sleep has long been a problem associated with pois.  It gets really annoying when your sleep schedule is thrown way off wack.  One thing that worked for me was to take a few naps if the sleep last night was really bad.

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16485 on: 20/05/2012 00:34:07 »
Occasionally, forced naps and sleep  (with Benadryl) helped me to fight POIS.
« Last Edit: 20/05/2012 15:48:05 by demografx »

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16486 on: 20/05/2012 01:16:09 »
Click here to Google-translate El Mundo's POIS interview/article into OTHER languages, e.g., French, Dutch, etc.

To translate El Mundo's POIS article to another language besides English and Spanish, simply copy/paste this link/url below into Google-translate (above link), and change "French" to Dutch, or Chinese, or German, etc.

« Last Edit: 20/05/2012 05:53:42 by demografx »

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16487 on: 20/05/2012 06:26:15 »

santi, welcome to the POIS thread of The Naked Science Forum!  We believe that 2012 is POIS' Breakthrough Year. We hope to launch serious POIS Medical Research. A great time to be here.     

Please check your mail inbox for a complete list of POIS resources.
(click on "My Messages" at the top of this page)

Welcome aboard!
demografx

Offline kurtosis

• View Profile
« Reply #16488 on: 20/05/2012 10:57:42 »
Thanks for the experience sharing, kurtosis.
But, could you tell what 'effervescent electrolytes' is?

Today, I topped my toast with margarine and garlic minces, the garlic cloves work really well for me, I mean whole day long, especially on my stomach.
Weird enough, when I feel good in my abdomen, I feel better in my brain, and sleep better at night. They seems all interrelated. Again, the symptoms do not disappear completely.
Sometimes I put a little bit of rock salt with the C (not much, a few granules) and others I use one of the popular electrolyte replenishment drinks like nuun or hi5. I put half a tab of these in with the C. They fizz when they dissolve in water, just like effervescent C tabs.

Offline 0002ppdnuos

• View Profile
« Reply #16489 on: 20/05/2012 12:02:01 »
Sometimes I put a little bit of rock salt with the C (not much, a few granules) and others I use one of the popular electrolyte replenishment drinks like nuun or hi5. I put half a tab of these in with the C. They fizz when they dissolve in water, just like effervescent C tabs.
OIC, thanks.

Offline B_Daniel

• View Profile
« Reply #16490 on: 21/05/2012 01:33:51 »
From what I could understand from the translated El Mundo page, I believe this article to be the best and most thorough and accurate POIS article ever written about us.   

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16491 on: 21/05/2012 02:16:30 »

From what I could understand from the translated El Mundo page, I believe this article to be the best and most thorough and accurate POIS article ever written about us.   

Wonderful feedback, B_Daniel!

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16492 on: 21/05/2012 02:40:45 »
Click here to see POIS search results (Google) in Spain for the EL MUNDO POIS NEWS STORY

This is from Google.es (Google in Spain) - translated into English using Google-translate (it's automated translation, not perfect - so please be patient).

If you see a Spanish link you wish to translate, click on "proponer una traduccion mejor".

« Last Edit: 21/05/2012 16:23:33 by demografx »

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16493 on: 21/05/2012 03:40:43 »
Click here to see our beloved POIS story featured in Venezuela News reaching all Latin America!!

And another Venezuelan POIS News story based on El Mundo!
http://informe21.com/orgasmos/12/05/20/sindrome-pois-orgasmos-de-pesadilla

And Argentina, too! With 1.4 million visits to this site!
http://yaerahoraenlaradio.blogspot.com/2012/05/sindrome-pois-orgasmos-de-pesadilla.html

I am signing off for the evening and just found yet another Venezuela story!

This is amazing!

Thank you!

« Last Edit: 21/05/2012 04:32:51 by demografx »

Offline 0002ppdnuos

• View Profile
« Reply #16494 on: 21/05/2012 06:05:25 »
I couldn't find fenugreek tablet in my place, but I managed to buy some fenugreek powder made of its seeds. I'm wondering how I should take it. Could fenugreek be eaten raw? Can I just use the fenugreek powder as topping for my toasts in the morning the same way I did for the garlic minces? Thanks.
[edited] erm, I found it here: http://www.livingnow.com.au/advertise/articles/18-health-and-healing/4124-its-all-fenugreek-to-me.html [nofollow]
« Last Edit: 21/05/2012 11:12:34 by 0002ppdnuos »

Offline lauracostis

• View Profile
« Reply #16495 on: 21/05/2012 08:18:49 »
I see a slight problem for all the Spanish readers who follow the link to NORD, the Spanish read Spanish and the NORD site is in English.

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16496 on: 21/05/2012 14:18:48 »
laurac, you're right.  I'll ask Stef at NORD whether we can accommodate a Spanish form.

Thank you for pointing that out!

Offline Omen 30

• View Profile
« Reply #16497 on: 21/05/2012 15:34:46 »
If I go to sleep on time around 10 pm then I am very active the next day but if I go to sleep late even around 11 or 11:30 the scene is different next morning..pois like situation...

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16498 on: 21/05/2012 15:52:18 »
Omen 30, it would be great if POIS research can inform us of the relationship between sleep and POIS. My forced napping and sleeping have always helped me fight POIS.

Offline observercenter

• View Profile
« Reply #16499 on: 21/05/2012 17:18:53 »
Observer wrote:

"I have no shame. Sex is another dimension of the human life and POIS is not our fault.  We deserve to be treated like every other human and we have the right to ask for a research."

You are so, totally correct, Observer!!!  POIS is slowly coming out of that dark closet -- because of people like Animus and you! You're a hero to a lot of people!!!!

Can't wait to read that article!!!  Perhaps NORD can include a link to it on our FB and Twitter pages -- and who knows what else. (We'd only do this with your and Hoping's consent.)  Anything that will raise awareness -- and maybe bring in more funds for your grant -- is the goal.

Just think of the countless men you'll be helping by coming forward!

Break a leg this weekend, Observer and Hoping!!!!!

Stef

Honestly, I'd like to have a look at the video/article before I commit to putting it on the page. I like the idea though. What do you think about contacting El Mundo and putting the NORD link up with the video and online article?? That could be great for getting people to donate. Unfortunately, I'm not going to be able to check the forum for the rest of the day (going to be at work). Observer, what do you think of the idea? Are you able to contact El Mundo and ask them to include the NORD link since I won't be around today?

I like the idea of putting it into NORD Facebook and twitter pages. Everything would be helpful to spread the word!!

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #16499 on: 21/05/2012 17:18:53 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums

Login
Login with username, password and session length