The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome (POIS)  (Read 6427322 times)

Offline makrofag

• View Profile
Re: Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome (POIS)
« Reply #16925 on: 10/07/2012 16:38:39 »

There are so many possibilities left for you.Does your liver function properly? Do you know what is methylation or gut dysbiosis? Do you have high histamine levels or low dopamine? Can you get a stool analysis test done to check for parasites? Did they check HPTA function? Are your adrenals healthy?

If you go through the forum you can see that people have been through pretty much all of the diagnostics possible. Why the tests didn't really bring anything to the table is probably because of the ad hoc fallacy thinking that people and doctors tend to fall into. Think about it.. what was first? POIS or low dopamine? What if the low dopamine, bad vitamine levels, high noradrenaline, leaky gut, dysbiosis or etc are just symptoms of underlying POIS and so treating them is useless if one wants to get rid of POIS??

Offline desperate man

• View Profile
« Reply #16926 on: 10/07/2012 16:53:03 »

There are so many possibilities left for you.Does your liver function properly? Do you know what is methylation or gut dysbiosis? Do you have high histamine levels or low dopamine? Can you get a stool analysis test done to check for parasites? Did they check HPTA function? Are your adrenals healthy?

If you go through the forum you can see that people have been through pretty much all of the diagnostics possible. Why the tests didn't really bring anything to the table is probably because of the ad hoc fallacy thinking that people and doctors tend to fall into. Think about it.. what was first? POIS or low dopamine? What if the low dopamine, bad vitamine levels, high noradrenaline, leaky gut, dysbiosis or etc are just symptoms of underlying POIS and so treating them is useless if one wants to get rid of POIS??

It could be anything from heavy metal poisoning to damaged pituitary to rare blood disorders and so on.That's why I mentioned genetic testing... That and your history of traumas in your life,you can find the root cause.
You ask what was first,POIS or low dopamine? I've had ADHD behaviour and OCD type of personality as a child while POIS started like 3 years ago.But then again POIS could have been there all along giving me just one symptom,low dopamine thus resulting in ADHD.
I will be checking MAO-A mutation which means one is unable to break down dopamine and it just builds up causing trouble.I want to help you guys as well as myself!
« Last Edit: 10/07/2012 17:27:04 by desperate man »

Offline Starsky

• View Profile
« Reply #16927 on: 10/07/2012 17:07:17 »
First I want to apologize that i will not donate this year to NORD to seek the cure. Today I decided to GET THE CURE. I started to search Urologists here in Poland which will help me in the realization of the plan:
-banking my semen
-doing a close-ended vasectomy (cost about 200 US Dollars and no problem in my country with doing this)
-removal of the seminal vescicles
-eventually TURP, but perhaps I wont need them if I will take finasteride

As you can see its a little bit modificated Animus Solution, because no one in Poland is willing to do a orchiectomy on demand and as Animus says it does not help a lot. The two other parts of the plan, I think I must do aborad: I hope I will find someone in Romania or Hungary (you can have there even Kidney transplants from a living donor).

Please help me and say what do you think about it?

Wow, that's a bold move Starsky!  Can you explain the thought process behind each procedure?

You'd have the procedure done one step at a time, too, so if just one of them "cures" you we'd be able to pinpoint which one, right?

Does insurance cover any of this?  How much does each part cost? 

What side effects are there for each procedure?  If your doctors think the risks are on the low side, then i'd be inclined to think favorably about it.  If we're talking strictly benefits here and not looking at the risks, I'd guess (completely unknowingly) that these 3 procedures would capture the problem. 

People have these procedures done for a whole variety of reasons... cancer, enlarged prostate, not wanting kids, etc.  I think this is as good a reason as any.  The only difference, and the only reason this is scary in my opinion, is that the cure isn't guaranteed. 

I'd actually be willing to donate towards helping you get this done.  The knowledge we'd gain from your procedures would be helpful to any future research and might teach us a great deal.

I will not do it in one operation because i dont want a POIS Overkill and want to let anybody to know which of those are really helping. EDS had a vasectomy (a closed as he remembers) and it does not helped so the whole Waldinger theory is ruined. I think Walldinger has a treatment but he has a false theory. And i dont want the SCIT, its too much pain and side effects and there are just ONE totally cured.
 Yes, i will sacrifice me in the name of the research. Besides i give so much for suplements and laboratory testing that i think i could have done this surgery so many times. But dont be affraid, the decision was not made because im depressed. I was thinking about this solution for more than a year. I wanted to say that i begin just with the preperation, because i want to know how much it costs and who can do it. With vasectomy (closed with a titanium clip, without cutting) there is no problem, the problem is with the vesiculectomy beacuse its more complicated and i must find a private clinic and a sympathetic doctor.

Offline Animus

• View Profile
« Reply #16928 on: 10/07/2012 17:08:17 »
First I want to apologize that i will not donate this year to NORD to seek the cure. Today I decided to GET THE CURE. I started to search Urologists here in Poland which will help me in the realization of the plan:
-banking my semen
-doing a close-ended vasectomy (cost about 200 US Dollars and no problem in my country with doing this)

As you can see its a little bit modificated Animus Solution, because no one in Poland is willing to do a orchiectomy on demand and as Animus says it does not help a lot. The two other parts of the plan, I think I must do aborad: I hope I will find someone in Romania or Hungary (you can have there even Kidney transplants from a living donor).

Hi Starsky,
There's 2 things I want to do and respond to your plan. First- let me say I don't "advocate" surgery as "the cure". But it has the potential to remove the POIS symptoms, and for me surgery combined with meds and maintenance was effective.  I want to Support Starsky in what must be a hard decision- which I think he's been considering for a couple of years.
The other thing was to give you all an update on my condition. It has been 3-1/2 years since I had surgery.

I just wrote a long reply, and lost it! so I have to reconstruct this...!
« Last Edit: 10/07/2012 17:40:27 by Animus »

Offline desperate man

• View Profile
« Reply #16929 on: 10/07/2012 17:28:38 »
Look guys.I want to help you all but don't want to read back 699 pages.
So if you want to do the vasectomy I will accept your decision but only after you have answered my question: Do you share symptoms of mercury poisoning? http://www.mercurypoisoned.com/symptoms.html
Myasthenia Gravis is mentioned also.

Offline Animus

• View Profile
« Reply #16930 on: 10/07/2012 17:29:39 »
-banking my semen

Sometimes I really hate computers!
Anyways.

The guiding principle for my surgery was to achieve "dry ejaculation" and "minimize semen production". I think it's good to keep that in mind in weighing the surgical option.

1. Of course it's a good idea to bank your semen before you do any surgical procedure. Where I did it they recommended at least 2 deposits. They separate it by motility, which reduces the total amount, and also some of the sperm will die during the freezing process. I just did 2 deposits, and I still pay a monthly storage fee for that at Idant Labs in NYC. They were very good.

2.You are considering a close-ended vasectomy. I believe there are some others here who have done vasectomies, for various reasons, so that might help to inquire of them too on their experiences.  From my limited knowledge of the Vasectomy- it will prevent Sperm from joining the Semen during ejaculation- thereby preventing pregnancy. One question I have regarding the vasectomy is whether it causes "Retrograde Ejaculation" which is an internal ejaculation of Semen fluid into the bladder- this would still trigger semen production.  Be aware of that possibility. The alternative is no Sperm transfer at all, and the Sperm is slowly re-absorbed into the body. I think the latter has a better chance of working in my view.
« Last Edit: 10/07/2012 17:43:27 by Animus »

Offline Animus

• View Profile
« Reply #16931 on: 10/07/2012 18:14:39 »
-banking my semen

(continued..)

3. The removal of the Seminal Vesicles. I did this too. These glands contribute up to 60% of Seminal fluid- if I remember correctly... I think there is a chart somewhere here with the information. Their purpose is solely to provide a component of Semen, and also are fairly well isolated physically, and purposefully, I believe. So removing them will effectively reduce your Semen volume and will cut down your Semen production. However, they are located deep within the pelvis, and this is an invasive surgery. I was given full anesthesia for a few hours for this operation. Be vigilant and take all possible precautions if you pursue this. From the best doctor you can afford, to keeping focused on safety. There is the possibility of nerve damage which could cause the loss of erection. I was in the hospital for about 5 days in recovery, and there is a long scar on my lower abdomen. However, the procedure was successful, and I would do it again...

4. The TURP- or surgery to shrink the Prostate. The Prostate is an important component to address because it contributes a proportion of the Seminal Fluid. I had a TURP too. It went well. TURPS are fairly common and partially remove the inner Prostate. It is also somewhat non-invasive- as it is done without any incision. I think it's a good idea to first try the Medicine as you say, before the TURP. The medicine is quite effective for shrinking the Prostate- and I use both the Saw Palmetto, and Avodart in addition to having done the TURP. The prostate is always growing throughout life. But it is better to keep it inside, and under control, rather than to remove it they say, because it also functions to control the bladder, and it is in a densely populated nerve area.

I will keep posted on the topic. I also want to give you a personal update re. my POIS- but I've got to get to work...I have a lot of s--t to do!  Best regards,
Animus
« Last Edit: 10/07/2012 18:35:21 by Animus »

Offline Starsky

• View Profile
« Reply #16932 on: 10/07/2012 21:51:47 »
Ad. 2 If you have vasectomy sperm is reabsorbed in the scrotum. It does not cause retrograde ejaculation to the bladder.

What have you done with the vas deferens, they are about 30 centimeters long? The vas deferens do not secrete any fluids?
So you had the gibson incision?

I would rather tend to laparascopic procedures.

Offline Animus

• View Profile
« Reply #16933 on: 11/07/2012 01:45:55 »
Ad. 2 If you have vasectomy sperm is reabsorbed in the scrotum. It does not cause retrograde ejaculation to the bladder.

What have you done with the vas deferens, they are about 30 centimeters long? The vas deferens do not secrete any fluids?
So you had the gibson incision?

I would rather tend to laparascopic procedures.

Ad2. that sounds good.  It sounds like you will disconnect the testicles but leave them. The sperm generated will be reabsorbed, so this should minimize sperm production...also it should reduce semen volume.  By keeping the testicles you won't have to do testosterone therapy.

I'm not entirely sure what he did with the Vas Deferens... when the Testicles were removed, one end was cauterized.  but I believe he left the rest. does your doctor recommend about the Vas D?

Yes, I had the Gibson incision. Laparascopic surgery is much better and less invasive.

I think what you're doing is very interesting & has a chance of working... I wish you all the best luck in the world!

Update on my "life"- it's been 3-1/2 years since my surgery. Things are pretty stable. The last few years have been very productive in my work. I have started a small company, and I'm working for myself now and very busy and happy with that. I had a very long stretch of good health, peace, and personal growth. My business has had some success, and I can say it wouldn't have been possible without this cure. I have started dating again, and I'm becoming more serious about a relationship. There are many more possibilities for me now than there were before.
However, my prostate is still growing and needs management. During the last years, I've started on Avodart, and I've been slowly increasing my Saw Palmetto to combat the Prostate. My prostate seems to grow rather aggressively. This has kept it under control for the most part. But I think there might come a time when I may need another TURP, or some stronger Avodart. Because I've needed to increase the dose over the years to be effective... for me that's the situation.

Offline FireCat

• First timers
    • View Profile
First time post..
« Reply #16934 on: 11/07/2012 01:48:27 »
I have this, too, unfortunately, for decades, since when I was 14...
I wish to join this forum to search for a better living.

Offline FireCat

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #16935 on: 11/07/2012 02:07:09 »
The youtube video linked from this forum was very impressive.

context=C4685843ADvjVQa1PpcFPtj6SqqT-_CSu69uM0joq7jnxafsz81gU=

However, I have to say that I belive there is a fallacy in the doctor's research method.
From my own experience, I think things go crazy after orgasm for sure.
And I think immuno-defection is one of the big problems, and this is why we would tend to get a cold after orgasm.

What I mean is that probably we get allergic to almost anything right after orgasm.

I do wonder what the result would be if the sperm is kept for a week and then do the allergy test.
Strict control on patients' orgasm is probably impossible during the wait week, so this research wouldn't be doable anyway...

Still, I insist that I am skeptic to the sperm-allergy theory.

Offline kurtosis

• View Profile
« Reply #16936 on: 11/07/2012 07:38:23 »

But POIS is just a phrase. It means nothing by itself. We can't even say for certain we're all suffering from the same thing. I don't think it's reasonable to say that the causal link is between something called POIS and the symptoms when it's equally likely that the symptoms are of something more fundamental (auto-immune disease, genetic disorder producing fault metabolisation of vitamin/mineral, etc.) than something that just occurs when we orgasm. I'll tell you why I believe that. Because I had minimal O's for over 2.5 years and, while I was definitely better than I was up until I started aggressively trying to treat the low dopamine effect (quite recently), I still wasn't right.

I was basically celibate for about 30 months and, after the first few months, I had minimal NE's but it didn't fix the gut pains, some of the confusion and fatigue. So I concluded that, whatever I had, it was worsened by O's but existed whether I had an O or not.

I also can't accept that it's just an allergy to sperm. I have so many allergies that started around the same time as POIS that it seems more likely that it's an immunological disorder. Lastly, I have a sister who has a range of allergies also. She suffers from fatigue and brain fog but she clearly can't produce semen or suffer from a semen allergy. If I didn't have another O again, I doubt that I'd be OK without some kind of treatment for whatever the real condition is that's causing the allergies and fatigue. I'm not dismissing POIS as an idea but my belief is that we 1) have a rare disorder OR a rare compound of 2 or more less rare disorders 2) this is why doctor's can't diagnose it as they're not thinking holistically 3) it's worsened by O's because of the chemical reactions they precipitate but exists independent of O's. With that in mind, after 2 decades of this problem, I still wouldn't get a vasectomy.

A full genetic test would be more useful if it gave any idea as to what was going wrong.

Offline Starsky

• View Profile
« Reply #16937 on: 11/07/2012 10:13:17 »
Look guys.I want to help you all but don't want to read back 699 pages.
So if you want to do the vasectomy I will accept your decision but only after you have answered my question: Do you share symptoms of mercury poisoning? http://www.mercurypoisoned.com/symptoms.html
Myasthenia Gravis is mentioned also.
Just when im in POIS! I dont think i suffer from mercury poisoning when I ejaculate. For me POIS is POIS and nothing else.
« Last Edit: 11/07/2012 10:15:35 by Starsky »

Offline FireCat

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #16938 on: 11/07/2012 12:06:48 »
I also can't accept that it's just an allergy to sperm. I have so many allergies that started around the same time as POIS that it seems more likely that it's an immunological disorder. Lastly, I have a sister who has a range of allergies also. She suffers from fatigue and brain fog but she clearly can't produce semen or suffer from a semen allergy. If I didn't have another O again, I doubt that I'd be OK without some kind of treatment for whatever the real condition is that's causing the allergies and fatigue. I'm not dismissing POIS as an idea but my belief is that we 1) have a rare disorder OR a rare compound of 2 or more less rare disorders 2) this is why doctor's can't diagnose it as they're not thinking holistically 3) it's worsened by O's because of the chemical reactions they precipitate but exists independent of O's. With that in mind, after 2 decades of this problem, I still wouldn't get a vasectomy.

Interesting observation. I think POIS symptoms were referred to as part of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome in the past. CFS was unfortunately dismissed due to failure of finding the real cause. Of course women had CFS as well, but I did notice that certain number of male patients expressed POIS along with CFS symptoms.

The shock that orgasm brings to both the body and mind seems to be the issue. I wonder how to measure this, though. I assume that a combination of weak muscles, weak nerve system, high stress level and some sort of defection in the brain - probably around the hypothalamic area, is causing POIS.

By writing this down, I believe that women may have POIS as well. However, I think they would also have mensural issues, and women would be treated at a women's clinic.

Both ejaculation and period are part of the metabolism of our body, and I think we need them in order to live healthy. Ejaculation comes with orgasm, unfortunately, and this seems to be the major difference between the two phenomena.

I've ordered Sodium already, so I will see whether it helps. It will come in a couple of days.

Offline tonytwoton

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #16939 on: 12/07/2012 03:53:04 »
I have been reading this thread for some time now, and I have some thoughts...

1) POIS is most likely not just one disease with a specific cure. Although symptoms may be similar, the underlying cause may vary with the individual. In western medicine, if a patient has stomach pain and is diagnosed with a peptic ulcer, there is one treatment protocol for everyone. In Traditional Chinese Medicine, the ulcer would be considered the symptom, while the root cause may vary widely according to the individual and would thus be treated differently.

2) I suffer from POIS and I have a vitamin B12 deficiency. I realize that this has been covered already, but not in enough detail. B12 is not well understood, but we do know that it is extremely important, and the "normal" reference range is from around 200-800. Thus some people may require more or less B12 according to physical constitution and lifestyle.

3) I had an emission last night and I felt lousy today. I also got my first 1000 mcg injection of cyanocobalamin today, and I am happy to report that my symptoms have completely disappeared now. This has never happened before. I will keep everyone updated as I proceed.

4) Injections are the only reliable way to replete B12 stores once you are deficient. If you can get hydroxocobalamin 1000 mcg injections from your physician, do so. My GP only wanted to give me cyanocobalamin, which apparently works, but it's not as efficient.

I believe I have found the cure for me. Every other essential nutrient can be obtained from a whole-foods plant based diet. B12 is the only essential vitamin that is not manufactured by animals or plants, only microorganisms. We used to eat plenty of B12 from soil borne bacteria on unwashed produce. Nowadays, in our USDA approved sterile supermarkets...no more B12. Sperm volume and motility was shown to increase by up to 30% in some test subjects and there is a significant amount of B12 in semen. I will keep you posted...But based on my preliminary observations, it does not seem logical that POIS is an autoimmune allergy. It strikes me as being a deficiency rather than some rare disorder.

Offline Vincent M

• View Profile
« Reply #16940 on: 12/07/2012 05:23:07 »
tony, I'll be looking forward to your updates on your vitamin B12 injections.

Starsky, good luck with your surgery. I believe it'll likely yield valuable data to our cause.

Offline desperate man

• View Profile
« Reply #16941 on: 12/07/2012 07:11:27 »
Good post Tony! I have been suspecting Lyme for a long time which includes a severe deficiency of B12.
You give hope.

Offline B_Daniel

• View Profile
« Reply #16942 on: 12/07/2012 07:46:34 »
I had my B12 tested 2 wks ago but the damn doctor is out of town for a month and the office won't give me my results without a doctor to go over it.  it's bullshit.  I'll report it once i get it. 
I agree with Desperate, good post Tony, but don't be too hopeful that youve been cured.  I'd imagine B12 is a stimulant, and most stimulants give me short term relief.  Definitely let us know after a couple weeks, good or bad.

Starsky, although your announcement was/is monumental news, it appears as if the forum is starting to chatter about other things and within time the day to day of this forum will be in full swing.  Please make sure to keep us posted every step of the way.  I want to just reiterate that I'm a big proponent of this and am very excited to finally have more proof that this works.  If you can show that Animus's results were not a 1-off case, and get his same positive results while leaving your family jewels in-tact, me and I'm sure many others will have to seriously consider it.       

Offline makrofag

• View Profile
« Reply #16943 on: 12/07/2012 18:10:12 »
POIS is most likely not just one disease with a specific cure. Although symptoms may be similar, the underlying cause may vary with the individual. In western medicine, if a patient has stomach pain and is diagnosed with a peptic ulcer, there is one treatment protocol for everyone. In Traditional Chinese Medicine, the ulcer would be considered the symptom, while the root cause may vary widely according to the individual and would thus be treated differently.

Well.. how many diseases are known to cause trouble after an orgasm?? Yes there is a sort of post orgasmic migraine but other than that - just POIS. Seriously it is actually very very unlikely that there could be main core causes to POIS. Also more and more people are finding that the Niacin actually works for them because they did not used it in the way their body needs it to work. If that is not an example that POIS has probably the same core problem for everyone is not really following the scientific method.

Offline Mer

• View Profile
« Reply #16944 on: 13/07/2012 00:59:13 »
Hi All,

I am wondering if has anyone done a series of complete blood and hormone level tests on a similar interval as following:

1st test: on day 7 of last ejaculation
2nd test: on day 10 of ejaculation
3rd test: a minute after ejaculation
4th test: 30 minutes after ejaculation
5th test: 1 hour after ejaculation
6th test: 5 hours after ejaculation
7th test: 1 day after ejaculation
8th test: 2 days after ejaculation
9th test: 5 days after ejaculation
10th test: 7 days after ejaculation
11th test: 10 days after ejaculation

Of course this series of tests must be set up by a physician to minimize and control the number of random factors that could affect the test results.
I guess whatever the cause of POIS is it could somehow be related/correlated to the parameters obtained from the tests.

Also, if several people do the same series of test with quite similar set up some correlation could be identified that could help us narrow down our focus and some of the factors. We could then start conducting research on them.

There are a lot of us in this forum and we could probably divide the research tasks among us.

I am not sure if anyone has done this yet, however, I think this well provide us with some useful information.

We could use these data as our starting point in the research. Then add a factor and repeat it until something interesting comes up.

Any responses/comments are welcome!

Thank you.
« Last Edit: 13/07/2012 01:01:19 by Mer »

Offline daveman

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16945 on: 13/07/2012 02:04:55 »
Might be a little difficult to coordinate all that HERE.

Offline Stef

• View Profile
« Reply #16946 on: 13/07/2012 03:07:40 »
This type of data would be perfect for Daveman's site -- I think it would get lost in between the many comments and theories that would pop up in between on NSF..

But it's an interesting and potentially helpful idea, Mer!

It's the biomarkers of POIS that need to be discovered. More than anything, I think that the answers lies in discovering those biomarkers.

Just as an aside, unless one has insurance, these blood tests would be very expensive.  I'm not even sure that insurance would pay for most of them.

Try to focus on the research, men.  Without it, there will be no cure.  No donation is too small.

Stef

Offline Mer

• View Profile
« Reply #16947 on: 13/07/2012 03:16:31 »
I am not sure about other countries.. but here in Canada as long as your doctor agrees to take the tests you won't be paying anything for these tests as the provincial insurance covers it.

I have talked to some researchers about this illness, they were so reluctant to say anything about it as there is not data out there to give some insight about this illness.
« Last Edit: 13/07/2012 03:21:08 by Mer »

Offline kurtosis

• View Profile
« Reply #16948 on: 13/07/2012 10:10:48 »
I have been reading this thread for some time now, and I have some thoughts...

1) POIS is most likely not just one disease with a specific cure. Although symptoms may be similar, the underlying cause may vary with the individual. In western medicine, if a patient has stomach pain and is diagnosed with a peptic ulcer, there is one treatment protocol for everyone. In Traditional Chinese Medicine, the ulcer would be considered the symptom, while the root cause may vary widely according to the individual and would thus be treated differently.

2) I suffer from POIS and I have a vitamin B12 deficiency. I realize that this has been covered already, but not in enough detail. B12 is not well understood, but we do know that it is extremely important, and the "normal" reference range is from around 200-800. Thus some people may require more or less B12 according to physical constitution and lifestyle.

3) I had an emission last night and I felt lousy today. I also got my first 1000 mcg injection of cyanocobalamin today, and I am happy to report that my symptoms have completely disappeared now. This has never happened before. I will keep everyone updated as I proceed.

4) Injections are the only reliable way to replete B12 stores once you are deficient. If you can get hydroxocobalamin 1000 mcg injections from your physician, do so. My GP only wanted to give me cyanocobalamin, which apparently works, but it's not as efficient.

I believe I have found the cure for me. Every other essential nutrient can be obtained from a whole-foods plant based diet. B12 is the only essential vitamin that is not manufactured by animals or plants, only microorganisms. We used to eat plenty of B12 from soil borne bacteria on unwashed produce. Nowadays, in our USDA approved sterile supermarkets...no more B12. Sperm volume and motility was shown to increase by up to 30% in some test subjects and there is a significant amount of B12 in semen. I will keep you posted...But based on my preliminary observations, it does not seem logical that POIS is an autoimmune allergy. It strikes me as being a deficiency rather than some rare disorder.
But autoimmune disorders and b12 deficiencies are related. Have a look at http://www.livestrong.com/article/417959-b12-deficiency-and-autoimmune-disorders/
Pernicious anaemia is thought to be caused by an autoimmune disorder that attacks Intrinsic Factor. The jury is still out on whether POIS is a deficiency problem caused by an immunological disorder or an immunological problem caused by a deficiency disorder. Causality is difficult to determine here. We may even develop a cure or treatment without being 100% sure what's causing what. This is the case for some other diseases.

Anyway, for the first time in 20 years, I have no noticeable POIS symptoms. I'm taking Gingko, Huperzine and a high-strength b complex with active co-enzymes of b12 and b6. I'm also taking krill oil. The Huperzine seems to have sorted out the eye problem. I didn't take it yesterday morning and the eye control problem was back. 200mcg of it and within 10 minutes it's fixed and my memory is greatly improved. I've had 4 O's in a week with no diminishment in cognitive performance.

Offline daveman

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16949 on: 13/07/2012 13:32:32 »
I will be looking into testing similar formulations  with more people, especially those who have had problems with just niacin. Also we have to be careful with higher strength B complexes, and find a safe balance.

The tests of course are not practicable here.

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #16949 on: 13/07/2012 13:32:32 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums