The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome (POIS)  (Read 6429374 times)

Offline desperate man

• View Profile
Re: Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome (POIS)
« Reply #16950 on: 13/07/2012 14:17:57 »
Daveman spoke the truth.Watch out with vitamin B-s! You take in one and you upset the balance of the others.
If I were you I would find a doc who is willing to do a vitamin level test.
It's the best thing you could do.For example I am also following a thread of post accutane sufferers and the drug has made their levels chronically low as a 70 years old person who spent the last few years at home without getting sunshine.
Vitamin D is essential for intestinal,heart,brain health.Vitamin B is essential for brain health and detoxification.I'm sure if you have low levels of vitamin B then your liver is messed up and you are full of toxins too.
If niacin is helpful then you need to find out why is it helpful for you in the first place.Niacin has a relationship with histamine levels.Histamine levels are responsible for allergic reactions.If you have very high histamine levels you will be itchy all day and have watery eyes,constant sneezing etc. because of dust in the air also get severe allergic reaction from certain things,food likes anaphylactic shock for example so it is worth to check out.
If antihistamine works for you then you know that the problem is high histamine levels and a crazy autoimmunity...
But if you think this is not enough then here is a twist: there is something causing the high histamine and autoimmunity which you will need to find out and address the problem.Besides antihistamines come with side effects (you guessed it right,ED is one) and the last thing we need is more drugs for our weak bodies.
« Last Edit: 13/07/2012 14:22:02 by desperate man »

Offline kurtosis

• View Profile
« Reply #16951 on: 13/07/2012 16:18:03 »

Thank you demografx, global moderator for all your time on the forum. We had often need you to share ideas and avoid conflict here. I especially remember the little time you have left the forum after your surgery.  Amazing!
We have a job to finish but since 2012 I have the feelings we have made the largest part.  Friendly.

Many thanks to Demografx. Guess I'll have to keep an eye on both poiscenter and this as there's posts on both. I won't be giving up the NSF as new posters will find this forum and will need help and direction to poiscenter. I think that if we abandoned this outpost of planet POIS we may miss new posters and ideas.
« Last Edit: 21/07/2012 05:57:55 by demografx »

Offline tonytwoton

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #16952 on: 13/07/2012 16:18:05 »
Just a quick update...

I have continued receiving daily injections of b12 cyanocobalamin. I am experiencing greatly increased fatigue. I feel like sleeping all the time. I can only seem to stomach small meals. My Chinese acupuncturist told me that some people do get a reaction to b12 injections, and to take a b-complex multi vitamin.

Taking a step back, my overarching goal is to eat a balanced whole foods plant based diet that will supply me with all the adequate vitamins, minerals, enzymes, cofactors, etc. that my body needs. However, I am beginning to understand that even with a diet that includes locally grown, organic food to the maximum, my body may still be deficient in certain things.

I am not a "locavore" or a fanatical vegan zealot. I wish to be as pragmatic as possible. Local, organic food provides the maximum amount of all essential nutrients. Food grown with chemicals in faraway lands is severely depleted of much of its nutritional value even if it is not spoiled. In this day and age with all the stress from work, pollution, toxic chemicals, electromagnetic radiation, I think eating whole foods is even more important. That said, there are nutrients that cannot be replenished exclusively with food. Here is what I have come up with so far:

1) Vitamin D. Although D3 is the active form, there are apparently hundreds of isomers of Vitamin D that can only be manufactured by skin from exposure to sunlight. It is necessary to expose at least 60-80% of the body to the noon-day sun for at least 30 minutes to get enough D. Also, showering with soap for 48 hours afterwards inhibits absorption apparently. newbielink:http://nadir.nilu.no/~olaeng/fastrt/VitD_quartMED.html [nonactive]

2) Vitamin B12. Only manufactured by microbes and found in animal products. Nonetheless, many omnivores are deficient in B12.

As far as I know, whole grains, vegetables, legumes, fruit, and nuts can provide all the other essential nutrition the body needs. It may or may not be necessary/beneficial to eat meat, eggs, and dairy in small amounts.

If nutritional deficiencies can be totally ruled out for POIS, then research can be focused in other areas, but it seems like food/diet might be a good place to start...

Offline kurtosis

• View Profile
« Reply #16953 on: 13/07/2012 17:19:42 »
I will be looking into testing similar formulations  with more people, especially those who have had problems with just niacin. Also we have to be careful with higher strength B complexes, and find a safe balance.

The tests of course are not practicable here.

Another possibility is supplementation with pregnenolone. This is a steroid and should really only be used if there's a tested hormone deficiency (e.g. progestogen) which it can help resolve. The hypothesis that POIS is related to this is mentioned on the wikipedia page. It would also raise acetylcholine levels which are reduced in myasthenia gravis. It's the reduced levels that cause things like the double vision and drooping eyelids.

Offline desperate man

• View Profile
« Reply #16954 on: 13/07/2012 17:52:24 »
It would also raise acetylcholine levels which are reduced in myasthenia gravis. It's the reduced levels that cause things like the double vision and drooping eyelids.

Can you provide a link to scientifically confirm this? I have droopy eyelids since child age.Do you guys have that too?

Offline CertainlyPOIS

• View Profile
« Reply #16955 on: 13/07/2012 20:17:57 »
I had my B12 tested 2 wks ago but the damn doctor is out of town for a month and the office won't give me my results without a doctor to go over it.  it's bullshit.  I'll report it once i get it. 
I agree with Desperate, good post Tony, but don't be too hopeful that youve been cured.  I'd imagine B12 is a stimulant, and most stimulants give me short term relief.  Definitely let us know after a couple weeks, good or bad.

Starsky, although your announcement was/is monumental news, it appears as if the forum is starting to chatter about other things and within time the day to day of this forum will be in full swing.  Please make sure to keep us posted every step of the way.  I want to just reiterate that I'm a big proponent of this and am very excited to finally have more proof that this works.  If you can show that Animus's results were not a 1-off case, and get his same positive results while leaving your family jewels in-tact, me and I'm sure many others will have to seriously consider it.       

My vitamin b12 and folic acid came out good.

726                out of     211 - 946 pg/ml
15.4                 out of >3.0ng/ml
for folate acid considered deficient if <2.2 ng/ml

i did this test in pois.couple of days after ejaculation

Offline Stef

• View Profile
« Reply #16956 on: 13/07/2012 20:44:57 »
First I want to apologize that i will not donate this year to NORD to seek the cure. Today I decided to GET THE CURE. I started to search Urologists here in Poland which will help me in the realization of the plan:
-banking my semen
-doing a close-ended vasectomy (cost about 200 US Dollars and no problem in my country with doing this)
-removal of the seminal vescicles
-eventually TURP, but perhaps I wont need them if I will take finasteride

As you can see its a little bit modificated Animus Solution, because no one in Poland is willing to do a orchiectomy on demand and as Animus says it does not help a lot. The two other parts of the plan, I think I must do aborad: I hope I will find someone in Romania or Hungary (you can have there even Kidney transplants from a living donor).

Please help me and say what do you think about it?

Wow, that's a bold move Starsky!  Can you explain the thought process behind each procedure?

You'd have the procedure done one step at a time, too, so if just one of them "cures" you we'd be able to pinpoint which one, right?

Does insurance cover any of this?  How much does each part cost? 

What side effects are there for each procedure?  If your doctors think the risks are on the low side, then i'd be inclined to think favorably about it.  If we're talking strictly benefits here and not looking at the risks, I'd guess (completely unknowingly) that these 3 procedures would capture the problem. 

People have these procedures done for a whole variety of reasons... cancer, enlarged prostate, not wanting kids, etc.  I think this is as good a reason as any.  The only difference, and the only reason this is scary in my opinion, is that the cure isn't guaranteed. 

I'd actually be willing to donate towards helping you get this done.  The knowledge we'd gain from your procedures would be helpful to any future research and might teach us a great deal.

I will not do it in one operation because i dont want a POIS Overkill and want to let anybody to know which of those are really helping. EDS had a vasectomy (a closed as he remembers) and it does not helped so the whole Waldinger theory is ruined. I think Walldinger has a treatment but he has a false theory. And i dont want the SCIT, its too much pain and side effects and there are just ONE totally cured.
 Yes, i will sacrifice me in the name of the research. Besides i give so much for suplements and laboratory testing that i think i could have done this surgery so many times. But dont be affraid, the decision was not made because im depressed. I was thinking about this solution for more than a year. I wanted to say that i begin just with the preperation, because i want to know how much it costs and who can do it. With vasectomy (closed with a titanium clip, without cutting) there is no problem, the problem is with the vesiculectomy beacuse its more complicated and i must find a private clinic and a sympathetic doctor.

Starsky,

I received an e-news today at NORD regarding finasteride.  It came in the daily medical updates I receive from the medical-legal online journal, AboutLawsuits.com.
I'm about to post it on poiscenter.com, as a new thread in "General Alternative Causes and Treatments of POIS." 
http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?board=7.0
Please read it (and anyone else who is considering the use of finasteride -- please read!).

Stef

Offline kurtosis

• View Profile
« Reply #16957 on: 13/07/2012 21:46:39 »
It would also raise acetylcholine levels which are reduced in myasthenia gravis. It's the reduced levels that cause things like the double vision and drooping eyelids.

Can you provide a link to scientifically confirm this? I have droopy eyelids since child age.Do you guys have that too?

Read http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0001731/

and http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/myasthenia_gravis/detail_myasthenia_gravis.htm
"In myasthenia gravis, antibodies block, alter, or destroy the receptors for acetylcholine at the neuromuscular junction, which prevents the muscle contraction from occurring. These antibodies are produced by the body's own immune system. Myasthenia gravis is an autoimmune disease because the immune system—which normally protects the body from foreign organisms—mistakenly attacks itself...

Medications used to treat the disorder include anti cholinesterase agents..."

Offline desperate man

• View Profile
« Reply #16958 on: 14/07/2012 00:10:06 »
I had my B12 tested 2 wks ago but the damn doctor is out of town for a month and the office won't give me my results without a doctor to go over it.  it's bullshit.  I'll report it once i get it. 
I agree with Desperate, good post Tony, but don't be too hopeful that youve been cured.  I'd imagine B12 is a stimulant, and most stimulants give me short term relief.  Definitely let us know after a couple weeks, good or bad.

Starsky, although your announcement was/is monumental news, it appears as if the forum is starting to chatter about other things and within time the day to day of this forum will be in full swing.  Please make sure to keep us posted every step of the way.  I want to just reiterate that I'm a big proponent of this and am very excited to finally have more proof that this works.  If you can show that Animus's results were not a 1-off case, and get his same positive results while leaving your family jewels in-tact, me and I'm sure many others will have to seriously consider it.       

Hold your horses! Is that 15.4 folate or folic serum? You know that high value means you are not converting it properly?

Offline B_Daniel

• View Profile
« Reply #16959 on: 14/07/2012 00:40:10 »

K, I finally got my B12 readings back.
754        out of     211 - 946 pg/ml

So it is fine, if not even on the high side.

Offline B_Daniel

• View Profile
« Reply #16960 on: 14/07/2012 06:49:15 »
I take Wellbutrin XL 150 mg tablets.  1 day on, 1 day off, 1 day on, 4 days off, repeat.  It's not perfect, in fact, far from it.  But I'm mostly functional at work with it and it's the closest to normal as I've come in the year and a half I've been on this forum.  If you have a primary care physician it should be easy enough to get.  I've only been doing this for 4 wks so still experimenting, but at this point I don't see any reason why it won't continue to work.  If you have constant pois, like me, i highly recommend you talk to your doctor about trying it.   

Offline POIS-SUFFERER

• View Profile
« Reply #16961 on: 14/07/2012 16:46:10 »
Anyway, for the first time in 20 years, I have no noticeable POIS symptoms. I'm taking Gingko, Huperzine and a high-strength b complex with active co-enzymes of b12 and b6. I'm also taking krill oil. The Huperzine seems to have sorted out the eye problem. I didn't take it yesterday morning and the eye control problem was back. 200mcg of it and within 10 minutes it's fixed and my memory is greatly improved. I've had 4 O's in a week with no diminishment in cognitive performance.

Can you elaborate on the specific brand information?

Offline Prancer

• View Profile
« Reply #16962 on: 14/07/2012 17:48:50 »
it's the closest to normal as I've come in the year and a half I've been on this forum.

That's excellent to hear you are getting some relief from your constant POIS. I still don't know if I have constant POIS, but it's possible. I was recently reading through the archives here and discovered that my symptoms are very similar to yours (90% cognitive). I also agree with you that the times when I have a very strong urge to experience orgasm I feel my best. I plan on abstaining starting later this month for as long as possible. I should know then if I have it.

Offline kurtosis

• View Profile
« Reply #16963 on: 14/07/2012 19:17:51 »
Anyway, for the first time in 20 years, I have no noticeable POIS symptoms. I'm taking Gingko, Huperzine and a high-strength b complex with active co-enzymes of b12 and b6. I'm also taking krill oil. The Huperzine seems to have sorted out the eye problem. I didn't take it yesterday morning and the eye control problem was back. 200mcg of it and within 10 minutes it's fixed and my memory is greatly improved. I've had 4 O's in a week with no diminishment in cognitive performance.

Can you elaborate on the specific brand information?
Now Foods coenzymated B-complex. Also have Solgar Megasorb B. The ginkgo and huperzine are both from Source Naturals. All available in the UK.

Offline lauracostis

• View Profile
« Reply #16964 on: 14/07/2012 20:25:26 »
Good post Tony! I have been suspecting Lyme for a long time which includes a severe deficiency of B12.
You give hope.
I was tested for Lyme and it was negative.  However, some tests are not accurate due to the evolution of lyme disease.  My physician went over the lab results with me and we both determined that Lyme disease was not a factor in my case and the very expensive, accurate lab was not ordered.  If you believe Lyme may be responsible for some of your symptoms you can easily get a Lyme test.

Offline desperate man

• View Profile
« Reply #16965 on: 14/07/2012 20:46:20 »
Good post Tony! I have been suspecting Lyme for a long time which includes a severe deficiency of B12.
You give hope.
I was tested for Lyme and it was negative.  However, some tests are not accurate due to the evolution of lyme disease.  My physician went over the lab results with me and we both determined that Lyme disease was not a factor in my case and the very expensive, accurate lab was not ordered.  If you believe Lyme may be responsible for some of your symptoms you can easily get a Lyme test.

"We are told by manufacturers, health departments and clinics that the Lyme ELISA tests are good, useful tests, but in two blinded studies that tested laboratories for accuracy, they failed miserably. Lorie Bakken, MS/MPH, showed in her studies that there was not only inaccuracy and inconsistency between competing laboratories, but also between identical triple samples sent to the same lab. In other words, identical samples often resulted in different results! In the first study, forty-five labs correctly identified the samples only 55% of the time.

In the latest study by the College of American Pathologists, 516 labs were tested. The overall result was terrible! There were almost equal numbers of false positives as false negatives. Overall, the labs were 55% inaccurate. The labs could only give a correct result 45% of the time. You are actually better off to flip a coin!"

I have been bit by those **ckers more than 4 times in my life.I have nearly all the symptoms.Many CFS sufferers have Lyme but have not been diagnosed yet.The last time I went cycling with a friend and got bit by a tic.I asked my friend and he has never had any tic bites while those little bastards find me everytime I go near a forrest.Somehow I attract them but why? Body odour?

Offline kurtosis

• View Profile
« Reply #16966 on: 15/07/2012 10:58:13 »
You give hope.

"We are told by manufacturers, health departments and clinics that the Lyme ELISA tests are good, useful tests, but in two blinded studies that tested laboratories for accuracy, they failed miserably. Lorie Bakken, MS/MPH, showed in her studies that there was not only inaccuracy and inconsistency between competing laboratories, but also between identical triple samples sent to the same lab. In other words, identical samples often resulted in different results! In the first study, forty-five labs correctly identified the samples only 55% of the time.

In the latest study by the College of American Pathologists, 516 labs were tested. The overall result was terrible! There were almost equal numbers of false positives as false negatives. Overall, the labs were 55% inaccurate. The labs could only give a correct result 45% of the time. You are actually better off to flip a coin!"

I have been bit by those **ckers more than 4 times in my life.I have nearly all the symptoms.Many CFS sufferers have Lyme but have not been diagnosed yet.The last time I went cycling with a friend and got bit by a tic.I asked my friend and he has never had any tic bites while those little bastards find me everytime I go near a forrest.Somehow I attract them but why? Body odour?
Funny / tragic thing is, if you explained to to your doctor, they'd probably just view it as greater evidence of hypochondria / anxiety.

Offline Stef

• View Profile
« Reply #16967 on: 16/07/2012 03:46:49 »
Hi, Desperate Man, Kurtosis, Lauracostis, and All,

The blood test for Lyme disease is very inaccurate! It doesn't test for the bacteria that causes Lyme disease; rather, it tests for antibodies to the bacteria.

It can take two months or more for these antibodies to show up on a blood test, despite someone being actively infected with Lyme disease (caused by the bite of an infected deer tick, for those of you not familiar).

I live in Connecticut -- "hotbed" of Lyme disease. We have deer everywhere. Lyme, CT is where the disease became known as an emerging infectious disorder several years ago -- hence, the name, Lyme disease. 

My husband is very much an outdoorsman, and has had it three times! Fortunately, he had such a text-book case each time that he was treated (successfully!) without even having a blood test to confirm. Besides feeling miserable, he had the infamous bull's eye rash that can occur at or near the site of the tick bite -- he was lucky, as this rash is absolutely indicative. 
But many people just don't develop that rash.

The treatment is 21 days of the antibiotic, doxycycline.

He now uses proper precaution -- DEET when outdoors in his massive vegetable garden (which is adjacent to woods that are loaded with deer) and a self-check every night.

FYI, he had no idea that he'd been bitten by a tick during any of those three episodes of Lyme disease.  The tick only has to be embedded and engorged on you for 24 hours -- and they're tiny -- so it's very easy to miss them.

At any rate, the blood test is notoriously inaccurate.

It's a two part test -- if the first part, the ELISA test, is positive (a completely non-specific test, which can also be false positive or false negative for a variety of reasons), the lab will automatically perform the second part of the test -- the Western blot. That shows the number of IgG and IgM components that are activated. Based on history and symptoms, Lyme disease can be a suspected diagnosis when there are enough elevations ("bands") of the IgG and IgM antibody levels in the second part of the test.

But -- it's all INACCURATE -- and doctors know that.

If you think there's any chance of Lyme disease -- if you're at risk due to living in an area where deer are abundant, and/or if you have a dog or an outdoor cat (they can bring the ticks into the house -- and they can also become very ill with Lyme disease!) , your doctor should take your concern very seriously.  Untreated Lyme disease can have severe consequences.

Just want to emphasize -- Lyme disease and POIS have nothing to do with each other. 

Also, true chronic fatigue syndrome (there are definite criteria) has nothing to do with POIS.  Go to http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?action=search2 for specific information about chronic fatigue syndrome.

By the way, Desperate Man -- I have a suspicion that ticks are attracted to certain aspects of an individual's body chemistry, as are mosquitoes.  I've never had a tick bite, despite being outdoors in MY garden all summer.  Yet, the mosquitoes gravitate to me. If there is one mosquito -- it will find me and land!  However, they ignore my husband completely, unlike the ticks.

Kurtosis -- re: your statement about explaining to the physician about the inaccuracy of Lyme disease testing:
"Funny / tragic thing is, if you explained to your doctor, they'd probably just view it as greater evidence of hypochondria / anxiety."  --

I agree with you, just for the record.  Great point!  And pathetically sad, also.

Stef

Offline lauracostis

• View Profile
« Reply #16968 on: 16/07/2012 22:30:56 »
You give hope.

I believe there is a lab in California that does a very accurate Lyme test, however, it is very expensive.  The ELISA checks for antibodies on a lab clone of the borreliosis bacteria.  The problem is that the wild species of borreliosis have quickly evolved making many of the antigens on the lab strain irrelevant to the actual antigens on the wild strains.

Offline desperate man

• View Profile
« Reply #16969 on: 17/07/2012 12:02:19 »
Just had O 15 minutes ago.Surprisingly the ejaculation felt good then immediately then muscle weakness,hand arms legs shaking.It has settled down but I still feel pain in every muscle and weakness,fatigue.Some brain fog.
I know a guy who is very smart.Doctors call him when they're unable to diagnose/treat a patient who has rare diseases like CFS/ME he finds the root cause of the problems and cures the patients.
He also acts like Dr. House but not because it's fun,because he has REAL Asperger's.Won't answer my PM-s tried it hundreds of times.On another forum he answered this (speaking about POIS):

"Just had a great conversation with one of the actually researchers who have published papers on pub med about Dopamine and RDS as well as gene expression. The reason why people keep relapsing is due to gene expression in the DRD2 on the A1 allele which causes a down regulation of receptors to dopamine which encourages high risk behavior to stimulate dopamine response. I am working on finding a solution to these equation with I may have come up with. The research present may also help people post finasteride with drawl as well."

"75% of Asian have the gene present of the drd2 which is associated with addictive behavior. This goes back to reward deficiency syndrome and low dopamine levels or worse off dopamine resistance."

I'm pretty sure I have this reward deficiency because I have multiple addictions and it does feel like I'm only doing it to get that "high" feeling which is a somewhat normal dopamine level that I can only enjoy for like 10 seconds after an orgasm and I return to the original low dopamine state with fatigue,brain fog and muscle weakness.
Well this is all.I will start abstaining again.Right now nausea,panicky feeling,pressure in head.I feel like I have to throw up. :-\

edit: 2 hours passed.Today I realized and accepted why some people choose vasectomy.I am severly fatigued after the O and bed ridden.
« Last Edit: 17/07/2012 18:56:55 by desperate man »

Offline Nightingale

• View Profile
« Reply #16970 on: 17/07/2012 17:14:03 »

kurtosis, I am following your strategy.  I have bought all the supplements you have mentioned and have begun taking them mostly with the doses suggested by the labels.  You've mentioned that you take a more that the suggested dose, saying you take probably twice what I do.

Could you list the doses of each specific supplement/herb/vitamin that you are taking, so that I can replicate your regimen?  I don't have access to the same B-complexes you do, so I'd love to know the doses of the particular items of importance in those pills.  You also mention "active co-enzymes" of b6 and b12, and I dont know what those are.  I have been supplementing b6 and b12 separately in addition to taking a B-complex.  Otherwise I have all the other items you'v mentioned you use

I saw you have had great success in reducing your mental symptoms and I would love to have the same results!

Thanks!

Offline kurtosis

• View Profile
« Reply #16971 on: 17/07/2012 20:10:48 »

kurtosis, I am following your strategy.  I have bought all the supplements you have mentioned and have begun taking them mostly with the doses suggested by the labels.  You've mentioned that you take a more that the suggested dose, saying you take probably twice what I do.

Could you list the doses of each specific supplement/herb/vitamin that you are taking, so that I can replicate your regimen?  I don't have access to the same B-complexes you do, so I'd love to know the doses of the particular items of importance in those pills.  You also mention "active co-enzymes" of b6 and b12, and I dont know what those are.  I have been supplementing b6 and b12 separately in addition to taking a B-complex.  Otherwise I have all the other items you'v mentioned you use

I saw you have had great success in reducing your mental symptoms and I would love to have the same results!

Thanks!
Coenzymated b vitamins include methylcobalamin (active b12) and pyramidal 5 phosphate (p5p, active b6). These are available in a b complex from solgar and Now Foods. The solgar one has some non-active form of the vitamins. The Now Foods one doesn't. I find the active coenzymated forms easier to take. With the non-coenzymated forms I sometimes feel a bit nauseous after taking them.
I'm only taking 200mcg of Huperzine A once a day and 90mg of ginkgo twice and 3 times on alternate days (so 180mg some days and 270 others).

I also take vitamin c (1g / day) and krill oil (2 caps / day). I take spirulina also but I tend to put it in smoothies or drink it and it's really only if I didn't get a lot of protein that day. I always take spirulina after an O. The protein seems to help me recover.

Ages ago, I remember taking something called "BrainQuick" which contained huperzine, vinpocetine, b vitamins and some amino acids. It definitely had a beneficial effect but it was 1) expensive 2) I needed quite a lot of it and 3) the precise amount of each of the nutrients was not specified. I wish someone would produce an exact huperzine, ginkgo, coenzymated b + protein supplement so I could just take one thing and not be carting lots of pills around with me. I've even considered getting a commercial lab to formulate something.

Apart from that, I don't know what to say. I feel much better. Is it having any affect at all?

Offline Nightingale

• View Profile
« Reply #16972 on: 17/07/2012 22:46:38 »
How much of the B complex are you taking?  That would be my last dosage question.

Also, are you still taking Magnesium and Zinc

With B6, B12, Krill, Magnesium and Zing I have definitely felt different.  I have been abstaining for the past 2 weeks because I became quite depressed and needed to back off the sexual activity, so I can't tell you if I have reduced POIS symptoms.  As far as my other health issues go, I had a very interesting few experiences where I was able to feel anger and act on it.  For the majority of my life, I have been very passive and felt like I had become numb to my anger in order to avoid conflict.  This has been a bad thing, but the past week I have been able to act upon subtle feelings of anger with positive results.  Some people might not see this as positive but I definitely do lol!  I have had such an issue expressing my anger thus resulting in depression.

This has been the main positive effect.  Other than that, I have felt "different" in ways I can't quite describe, which is why I'm wondering if I need to increase my dosing to really see what is being effected.

Bottom line is it has given me desire to keep it up!

I am taking medications for my psychiatric issues which could be making this hard for me to figure out what is going on.  I want to pick up those Coenzymated vitamins.  I'll let you know how I do!

P.S.: Join poiscenter.com/forums!  Demo will make sure you get thru the spam filter :)

Offline acronym

• View Profile
« Reply #16973 on: 18/07/2012 01:53:17 »
Krill Oil.
I have in the past taken fish oil capsules (good quality brand) and never noticed anything for the better while on them, so was off and on them over the years. Recently I have started taking a good quality distilled artic cod liver oil which has DHA/EPA/Omega3.
I have been reading good things about krill oil, but then I have also read other articles that say that while its is a great supplement it is over hyped and over priced compared to regular fish oils. I realise its hard to isolate a specific item, when one is taking multiple supplements, but for those that are taking Krill oil, do you think it is any better than fish oil, just from personal experience?

Offline B_Daniel

• View Profile
« Reply #16974 on: 18/07/2012 07:11:51 »
Krill Oil.
I have in the past taken fish oil capsules (good quality brand) and never noticed anything for the better while on them, so was off and on them over the years. Recently I have started taking a good quality distilled artic cod liver oil which has DHA/EPA/Omega3.
I have been reading good things about krill oil, but then I have also read other articles that say that while its is a great supplement it is over hyped and over priced compared to regular fish oils. I realise its hard to isolate a specific item, when one is taking multiple supplements, but for those that are taking Krill oil, do you think it is any better than fish oil, just from personal experience?

I've taken fish oil very consistently for a very long time.  I switched over to krill oil for a week or so a couple months back and couldn't tell much of a difference.  Perhaps a week wasn't long enough, but I stopped using it because I wasn't seeing any additional improvement.

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #16974 on: 18/07/2012 07:11:51 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums