The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome (POIS)  (Read 6441747 times)

Offline observercenter

• View Profile
Re: Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome (POIS)
« Reply #17175 on: 01/09/2012 17:49:37 »
I am really impressed with the medical pioneering many here are doing. But at the same time, dr. Waldinger had a research paper that showed over 80% were positive at an intradermal allergy test. So in my humble opinion, over 80% should pursue desensitization. If slit doesn't work, try scit. Of course you could be the 20%. But be aware that there is also "evidence" that says testosterone and vitamines like b3 suppress allergy symptoms. And supplements can have side-effects, who wants so be on medication or supplements for life?

Dr.Waldingerīs research paper falls short. Some doctors say that if someone gets an injection with ketchup, he will show a positive reaction, the same will occur with semen, so we have here some questions to be answered. I believe that POIS is at least partly inmunological  because these treatments work, but we only can wonder about it until we get a serious research done...

Offline rock27

• View Profile
« Reply #17176 on: 01/09/2012 21:25:33 »
We need more research for sure and donations at the NORD fund. If we not make this happen, we can talk about it till we die. From what I read on the internet, allergy tests are somehow difficult to be conclusive, so I think we should focus on getting as many people on desensitization. If let's say 90% get cured we consider that as evidence. Problem is getting them on desensitization as most allergists won't start without conclusive evidence. Solution will be the research fund (and get advanced allergy tests done) and us going to allergists and hitting them with the Waldinger paper and also telling about the huge impact pois has on our life (it is not just sneezing a few times).

Offline B_Daniel

• View Profile
« Reply #17177 on: 02/09/2012 06:36:07 »
I've spent a lot of time and effort believing my POIS experience reconciled with Dr. Waldinger's crappy research.  I brought my 1-hr old semen to be tested on me via a skin-pr1ck test by a distinguished allergy professor at UCSF hospital.  It was negative.  Not believing him though, I bought 26-gauge needles and performed my own intradermal test, a few diff times (after thoroughly researching how to do it).  This came up Negative every time.  Still not convinced that I wasn't allergic, I performed Sublingual treatments for many months, going from 1:60K dilution down to 1:100.  I got no results. 

Guys, it's time we move past this guy and stop putting him and his crummy research on a pedestal.  Frankly, I'm pretty upset that I've allowed myself to be led down a blind alley for such a long period of time.  If you think you're allergic, find a way to get tested and get that answer solved for yourself.  I know that for myself, and a lot of other people here, semen allergy is not the answer.

What makes a whole lot more sense to me is dopamine depletion.  It absolutely jives with how I feel and it's one of the only conditions which properly explains my cognitive impairment, fatigue, etc.  I've been taking Kurtosis' cocktail of dopamine-restoring vitamins for the last few weeks and am definitely feeling better.  The treatment takes months to fully work, but slight improvement is seen within 4 weeks.   I'm working with numerous doctors who all think the dopamine depletion theory is reasonable, given my symptoms, and they also have confirmed that it takes time to fully restore dopamine.  Perhaps this is why we hadn't found this solution yet.
« Last Edit: 02/09/2012 07:06:16 by B_Daniel »

Offline pois

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #17178 on: 02/09/2012 12:04:03 »
Is it possible that is is some sort of Psychological reaction?

Do you have a background in psychology/psychiatry?  If not, I really don't think this deserves an answer...

The medical field does not appear to be aware of Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome(POIS).

Oh really?  If they did, do you think we would be doing all that we are doing here on these forums???

why did you respond so harshly when he asked so nicely, he is just a curious person.

For the benefit of Joe L. Ogan, POIS sufferers can be very touchy about any suggestion that the disease is psychiatric in origin. The reason for this is quite obvious when you think about it. The natural response for doctors hearing about such an illness is to assume some psychosexual condition brought about by anxiety and stress related to sexual acts. Some of us have experienced severe cognitive symptoms which have rendered us unable to function including displacement, severe memory loss, inability to concentrate accompanied by headaches, pain behind the eyes etc.

From what I've read most POIS sufferers have been referred to psychiatrists (or variations thereof) but, despite taking the range of meds prescribed, not a single POIS sufferer has been cured by treatment of an anxiety disorder.

That's really important to understand. There are sufferers who have taken their prescribed medication for months or years while still suffering POIS symptoms. I can't speak for everybody but I do feel a bit let down by the greater medical community. Apart from NORD, people suffering from a rare condition are being treated like lunatics, malingerers or both.

I myself have experienced this whereupon a psychiatrists attempted to find anxiety issues that weren't there over 2 sessions. Whenever I said I wasn't worried about something, he'd ask "are you sure?". The psychiatrist decided that I was simply suffering from an acute anxiety disorder and needed yet more medication. Eventually I got to see another shrink who decided I wasn't demonstrating any of the normal symptoms of an anxiety disorder and sent me to an allergist. This is proving fruitful and after several blood tests it's clear that, for whatever reason, my body is constantly fighting some allergy.

This has left me with a very dim view of psychiatrists and the prescription of drugs with uncertain actions and severe interactions to cure illnesses that may or may not be in someone's head. You will find that view elsewhere on the forum as there are anecdotes about telling the psychiatrist / psychologist that whatever treatment isn't working and effectively being told that you / the problem is stubborn and needs more drugs.

That's why questions, no matter how well intentioned, about psychosomatic origins for POIS are like red rags to bulls.

Indeed far from generalised anxiety, the POIS sufferer seems solely anxious with what happens when they have an O but oddly remains optimistic of finding a cure. Personally, I'm not depressed. I've found ways to alleviate my symptoms but it's not "cured" and I do feel some frustration that a cause & cure haven't been identified. That's why we want to get a NORD research grant. 

Despite the condition, there's very little fighting or arguing on this and the other forum. Indeed, it seems that most of us have quantitative jobs like engineering and finance and just want to figure out a way past this as cognitive and memory problems are frustrating as are accompanying other symptoms which sometimes resemble hay fever.

Things that have brought some relief include niacin supplementation (so long as there's a flush of prostaglandin from mast cells and we can feel it), vasodilators, testosterone supplementation, supplements that boost testosterone and anti-allergy medications such as non-steroidal anti-inflammatories and steroidal anti-infllammatories.

So our working hypothesis is that POIS is at least partially caused by an allergy and that its cognitive symptoms may be caused by problems in neurotransmitter levels. That's where we are. It's been a long road getting there.

Kurtosis,

I was impressed by your willingness to look at "touchy" topics on this forum.

When I discovered four years ago that I had POIS, which had decimated my relational life for forty years, I struggled with the solutions and found nothing offered on this site to be successful. When I contacted Waldinger, he assured me that abstinence would stop the problem. At that point I had a decision to make, to keep fighting to find a way to be actively sexual or to find a way to accept the only known solution and find ways to live happily without sex, and in ten days it will be three years since I've been sexual with myself or others. I have not had one trace of the symptoms that plagued me since I was thirteen.

People say to abstinence " Well we still have nocturnal emissions", but is that really the activity that is causing the lion's share of the symptoms? No, it is not.

And the problem starts much earlier than "post" orgasmic. Once again, the second time I contacted Waldinger he assured me that that was true, too. Discussion of this topic was warned not to be talked about, under the threat of banning from this site several years ago, so be careful, this is 'touchy' too.

The point is there is a way to solve this problem. It may not be what I like, but I care about solving the problem...not if I like the way it's solved.

Offline kurtosis

• View Profile
« Reply #17179 on: 02/09/2012 14:00:05 »

Do you have a background in psychology/psychiatry?  If not, I really don't think this deserves an answer...

The medical field does not appear to be aware of Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome(POIS).

Oh really?  If they did, do you think we would be doing all that we are doing here on these forums???

why did you respond so harshly when he asked so nicely, he is just a curious person.

For the benefit of Joe L. Ogan, POIS sufferers can be very touchy about any suggestion that the disease is psychiatric in origin. The reason for this is quite obvious when you think about it. The natural response for doctors hearing about such an illness is to assume some psychosexual condition brought about by anxiety and stress related to sexual acts. Some of us have experienced severe cognitive symptoms which have rendered us unable to function including displacement, severe memory loss, inability to concentrate accompanied by headaches, pain behind the eyes etc.

From what I've read most POIS sufferers have been referred to psychiatrists (or variations thereof) but, despite taking the range of meds prescribed, not a single POIS sufferer has been cured by treatment of an anxiety disorder.

That's really important to understand. There are sufferers who have taken their prescribed medication for months or years while still suffering POIS symptoms. I can't speak for everybody but I do feel a bit let down by the greater medical community. Apart from NORD, people suffering from a rare condition are being treated like lunatics, malingerers or both.

I myself have experienced this whereupon a psychiatrists attempted to find anxiety issues that weren't there over 2 sessions. Whenever I said I wasn't worried about something, he'd ask "are you sure?". The psychiatrist decided that I was simply suffering from an acute anxiety disorder and needed yet more medication. Eventually I got to see another shrink who decided I wasn't demonstrating any of the normal symptoms of an anxiety disorder and sent me to an allergist. This is proving fruitful and after several blood tests it's clear that, for whatever reason, my body is constantly fighting some allergy.

This has left me with a very dim view of psychiatrists and the prescription of drugs with uncertain actions and severe interactions to cure illnesses that may or may not be in someone's head. You will find that view elsewhere on the forum as there are anecdotes about telling the psychiatrist / psychologist that whatever treatment isn't working and effectively being told that you / the problem is stubborn and needs more drugs.

That's why questions, no matter how well intentioned, about psychosomatic origins for POIS are like red rags to bulls.

Kurtosis,

When I discovered four years ago that I had POIS, which had decimated my relational life for forty years, I struggled with the solutions and found nothing offered on this site to be successful. When I contacted Waldinger, he assured me that abstinence would stop the problem. At that point I had a decision to make, to keep fighting to find a way to be actively sexual or to find a way to accept the only known solution and find ways to live happily without sex, and in ten days it will be three years since I've been sexual with myself or others. I have not had one trace of the symptoms that plagued me since I was thirteen.

People say to abstinence " Well we still have nocturnal emissions", but is that really the activity that is causing the lion's share of the symptoms? No, it is not.

And the problem starts much earlier than "post" orgasmic. Once again, the second time I contacted Waldinger he assured me that that was true, too. Discussion of this topic was warned not to be talked about, under the threat of banning from this site several years ago, so be careful, this is 'touchy' too.

The point is there is a way to solve this problem. It may not be what I like, but I care about solving the problem...not if I like the way it's solved.

Hi Pois,
I agree that's a touchy subject. I tried abstinence for about 4.5 years. It was enough to get a 1st class degree and to mostly finish a thesis in graduate school. This was a decision that I do not regret but if I look back at it, the point of the sacrifice was a great GPA which does not validate my life before, during or since.

I didn't have frequent O's until 2 years after that and I noticed that I was still prone to mild depression which I have since been told is a symptom of not being sexually active.

My experience is that NE's don't cause me much problems but that abstinence is not a complete cure as it is not physiologically normal. I would like to know whether Dr. Waldinger thinks abstinence is an option for younger sufferers? If he does I could direct him to several psychologists who would think it potentially harmful. Having said that, I have no problem with Dr. Waldinger or his research.

However, the problem is that an abstinent life, to me, is a very difficult life. I asked myself why I was alive and came to the conclusion that if the goal was to be as intellectually productive as I could be then I would continue with celibacy. However, I do not believe this is a worthwhile goal and I also do not believe it is possible to live with a fracture in your mind which set the goals of a relatively normal life with a partner and, perhaps, a family and the goals of intellectual productivity in opposition. The pressure between the 2 was too great for me.

This is not really a scientific discussion. It's perhaps philosophical and has aspects of psychology that would seem unverifiable. This appears to me a discussion about choice.  I fully respect your position but you're speaking as someone who has had 40 years of life which may have been
decimated by POIS
but was still varied, involved relationships and both the joy and pain they bring whether there's POIS or not. There are people who have illnesses and circumstances beyond POIS that have affected their relationships. Abstinence is an option but it may be impossible to achieve as it's in direct opposition to our normal human impulses and physiology.

However, I think that your key point is that abstinence deals with the symptoms that we think of as POIS and that's correct in my experience with provisos on age and frequency of NE's.  If I've misunderstood you, then let me know.

Offline observercenter

• View Profile
« Reply #17180 on: 02/09/2012 16:07:59 »

Kurtosis,

When I discovered four years ago that I had POIS, which had decimated my relational life for forty years, I struggled with the solutions and found nothing offered on this site to be successful. When I contacted Waldinger, he assured me that abstinence would stop the problem.

When Dr. Waldinger contacted me, he was shocked to learn that niacin can block completely my POIS. Moreover, he was able to watch me suffering no POIS after an Orgasm. And I learned about niacin from this site, so it is not accurate to say that "nothing from this site is succesful" - Kurtosis method is just another proof. Now I have been in a relationship for +1year, and this is something I believed it was impossible for me...

And itīs true that Waldinger opened a new way, he was the first who coined the name and the first who made a research, but as he said in the last documentary: "We still do not know a lot of things about POIS". The most repeated sentence when I was with he/his teammate was "More research is neccesary". Are we going to get stuck with this indefinitely? We are advancing more and more. Your experience - 40 years with POIS- should have been really awful. For me it was 7 years without relief and it was more than enough - I have been nearly POIS free for more than a year and the difference, trust me, has been amazing - I do not want anyone to experience this hell, so we should fight until we discover the truth. Full abstinence, castration, etc - should not be the "solution". I can understand those who have decided to follow this path... and I think a good research can stop this.

At that point I had a decision to make, to keep fighting to find a way to be actively sexual or to find a way to accept the only known solution and find ways to live happily without sex, and in ten days it will be three years since I've been sexual with myself or others. I have not had one trace of the symptoms that plagued me since I was thirteen.

I do not understand what do you mean saying this. Could you explain yourself better?

All the best,

Offline B_Daniel

• View Profile
« Reply #17181 on: 02/09/2012 17:40:04 »

And the problem starts much earlier than "post" orgasmic..... Discussion of this topic was warned not to be talked about, under the threat of banning from this site several years ago, so be careful, this is 'touchy' too.

The problem most definitely starts earlier than "post-orgasm".  In fact, I don't see a way that we ever find the root cause to this problem if we operate under the assumption that it doesn't.  Is anybody here offended by that statement?  BC if not i say we democratically remove it from the list of bannable offenses :)     
« Last Edit: 02/09/2012 17:44:16 by B_Daniel »

Offline observercenter

• View Profile
« Reply #17182 on: 02/09/2012 17:53:39 »

And the problem starts much earlier than "post" orgasmic..... Discussion of this topic was warned not to be talked about, under the threat of banning from this site several years ago, so be careful, this is 'touchy' too.

The problem most definitely starts earlier than "post-orgasm".  In fact, I don't see a way that we ever find the root cause to this problem if we operate under the assumption that it doesn't.  Is anybody here offended by that statement?  BC if not i say we democratically remove it from the list of bannable offenses :)     

The fact that some of us get symptoms similar to POIS in some special situations - lot of stress, this could be a good example - could point to that direction. But I am waiting for what pois has to say, because I do not understand him completely.

Offline pois

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #17183 on: 02/09/2012 19:50:08 »

Kurtosis,

Hi Pois,
I agree that's a touchy subject. I tried abstinence for about 4.5 years. It was enough to get a 1st class degree and to mostly finish a thesis in graduate school. This was a decision that I do not regret but if I look back at it, the point of the sacrifice was a great GPA which does not validate my life before, during or since.

I didn't have frequent O's until 2 years after that and I noticed that I was still prone to mild depression which I have since been told is a symptom of not being sexually active.

My experience is that NE's don't cause me much problems but that abstinence is not a complete cure as it is not physiologically normal. I would like to know whether Dr. Waldinger thinks abstinence is an option for younger sufferers? If he does I could direct him to several psychologists who would think it potentially harmful. Having said that, I have no problem with Dr. Waldinger or his research.

However, the problem is that an abstinent life, to me, is a very difficult life. I asked myself why I was alive and came to the conclusion that if the goal was to be as intellectually productive as I could be then I would continue with celibacy. However, I do not believe this is a worthwhile goal and I also do not believe it is possible to live with a fracture in your mind which set the goals of a relatively normal life with a partner and, perhaps, a family and the goals of intellectual productivity in opposition. The pressure between the 2 was too great for me.

This is not really a scientific discussion. It's perhaps philosophical and has aspects of psychology that would seem unverifiable. This appears to me a discussion about choice.  I fully respect your position but you're speaking as someone who has had 40 years of life which may have been
decimated by POIS
but was still varied, involved relationships and both the joy and pain they bring whether there's POIS or not. There are people who have illnesses and circumstances beyond POIS that have affected their relationships. Abstinence is an option but it may be impossible to achieve as it's in direct opposition to our normal human impulses and physiology.

However, I think that your key point is that abstinence deals with the symptoms that we think of as POIS and that's correct in my experience with provisos on age and frequency of NE's.  If I've misunderstood you, then let me know.

Kurtosis

>>>This is not really a scientific discussion. It's perhaps philosophical and has aspects of psychology that would seem unverifiable.

My desire is not to be scientific, philosophical or psychological. My desire was simply to stop suffering from POIS symptoms.

>>>>..that abstinence is not a complete cure as it is not physiologically normal. 
>>>>The pressure between the 2 was too great for me.
>>>>...the problem is that an abstinent life, to me, is a very difficult life.
>>>>Abstinence is an option but it may be impossible to achieve as it's in direct opposition to our normal human impulses and physiology.

These thoughts plagued me too, but they did not deter me.

I want to be clear about something. I do not need what works for me to be repeatable in other people. What works for me, may not work for you.  But I do care about truth, and the truth is that, for me, even though I didn't like the solution to the problem...abstinence does work, for me, 100% of the time.

>>>I tried abstinence for about 4.5 years. It was enough to get a 1st class degree and to mostly finish a thesis in graduate school.

This is exactly what I'm talking about. I just applied it to other areas as well; writing books, performances, raising children, athletics.

>>>This was a decision that I do not regret but if I look back at it, the point of the sacrifice was a great GPA which does not validate my life before, during or since.

I agree as well. The accomplishments I have achieved because I am free from POIS do not validate my life. But, I'm not looking for validation.  I am looking only to stop suffering from POIS symptoms and it works for me, as it did for you apparently.

>>>If I've misunderstood you, then let me know.

Thank you for your kindness

Offline Stef

• View Profile
« Reply #17184 on: 03/09/2012 05:47:05 »
Hi All!

A donation of $100 was made to the POIS research grant fund today.

But this is not about the donor -- or the amount of the donation.

This is about Daveman.

It is clearly stated that the donation was made in Daveman's honor -- on behalf of his efforts to help another human being.

Daveman is using his amazing ENGINEERING/SCIENTIFIC skills to help someone in the US who is suffering from a dreadful rare disorder.

Demo once described Daveman as an "architectural genius" --  Demo could not have used better descriptive words. Daveman is undertaking this very complex project essentially for free, knowing that the family has exhausted their bank account. He has already put a great deal of effort into this project (despite working very long hours during the week, being the head of a large household, and doing his best to keep poiscenter.com running smoothly).

Most of you likely see Daveman as a no-nonsense, intelligent, often serious, sometimes very funny, computer-savvy individual.  And you've also likely noticed his stalwart dedication to raising funds for POIS research.

What may not always come through on the forum posts, but which I've recently had the privilege to witness, is Daveman's amazing generosity of spirit -- the greatest attribute that anyone can have!!

He heard about a woman in the US who is struggling severely from a very rare condition, and is hoping that his engineering knowledge (my words here -- "unique engineering knowledge") -- might be able to help her climb out of some of the hell she's been living in.  He's now in the process of putting a very complex engineering project into action on her behalf. He's given her and her husband some realistic hope, where there was formerly only darkness and despair.

Daveman just very well may be able to do for her what various physicians and physical therapy specialists have not been able to do!

But even if Daveman's efforts don't ultimately help this woman, he will have shown that human kindness is very much alive and well, and that we are all part of the human family -- no matter how different our individual lives are and how far apart on this planet we live from each other.

So -- to reiterate -- this donation was made in honor of Daveman and his incredible generosity as a human being.

I'm guessing that he'll be very embarrassed to read this post, which I've also posted on poiscenter.com. I just could not let this this wonderful act of humanity -- by the creator of that wonderful forum and someone who knows all too well the misery of POIS -- pass without acknowledgement.

Stef

Offline observercenter

• View Profile
« Reply #17185 on: 03/09/2012 10:21:38 »
Wow! Congrats to Daveman, we are very lucky to have him in our team ! :D   

Offline kurtosis

• View Profile
« Reply #17186 on: 03/09/2012 11:22:22 »
Wow! Congrats to Daveman, we are very lucky to have him in our team ! :D   

Absolutely, congrats to Daveman.

johanstefansson

« Reply #17187 on: 04/09/2012 10:44:29 »
I also have this condition and I have quite many other allergies, tinnitus, sleeping dissorder and flu like symptoms after ejaculation. Trouble with burning eyes, sneezing, freezing and severe mental problems like total lifeless state of mind. I also had a severe masturbation addiction when i was young which i believe causes this POIS problem, I also had a circumcision when i was 23 yo. Does anyone else recognize themselves with this?
« Last Edit: 04/09/2012 11:15:56 by johanstefansson »

Offline T_J

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #17188 on: 06/09/2012 15:03:09 »
All,

This thread has been tremendously useful and it is comforting to know there are others out there facing the same problem. Thank you all for sharing your experiences!

Before I share what has worked for me, could the admin please post the *latest consensus* remedies on page 1? Or create a poll so that users may vote on remedies that work? There are 700+ pages to read and it will take new members a while to sieve through all the information.

I noticed POIS when I was 15 and have been living with it for 15 years now. I have other problems besides POIS and therefore remedies I follow may not completely transfer to another individual. That being said, the remedies that have helped me are:
1. Abstinence
2. A homeopathic remedy called "Nat Mur" 200C
3. Garlic (2 cloves)
4. Fresh self-squeezed lime juice (5 limes)
5. Completely eliminating sugar from my diet
6. Exercise (1 hour a day)
7. Tylenol 650mg 2x, Vit D, Multi-vit, Triple strength Fish Oil, Vit E, NAC 600, *today I added Niacin to the list thanks to this thread*
8. Eye drops
9. Good nights sleep (9+ hours)

Could somebody elaborate on which vasodilators he specifically uses and what testosterone dosage is recommended?

Thank you!

Offline Stef

• View Profile
Re: Message from a young woman in New Hampshire
« Reply #17189 on: 06/09/2012 19:19:15 »
Hello All!

(This message is also posted at poiscenter.com.)

I had the honor this past July to travel to New Hampshire -- ~ five hours from my home town -- to meet a young woman with an undiagnosed rare disorder.  My reason for traveling all that distance (five hours, one way) was to meet this young woman, coincidentally also named "Stephanie," who had held a fund raiser at her local church. She managed to raise $4,300 in one night!

She'd gone on line, read about NORD, and decided that those funds would go to NORD.  So, we have set up a special fund with her name on it, which will be used to raise awareness through various educational methods about the issue of undiagnosed diseases. Our target audience will be both physicians and non-medical people.  She deeply wanted to meet a NORD representative in person so that she could hand over the check for the fund -- and I was the truly lucky NORD staff member to fulfill this mission.

Since that visit, more donations have come in, in her honor. Her fund is now nearly $6,000.

Stephanie has seen countless specialists --  and yes, when this all began she was told that it was "obviously psychiatric."

That was 10 years ago, when she was 13 years old and the symptoms began. Her parents have spared nothing in trying to get a diagnosis for their daughter -- but to date they have come up empty. Her condition is now at the point where hospice has been brought in.  Obviously, the cause of her illness was not pschiatric.

In my opinion, POIS falls under the term, "undiagnosed disease."  Until there's research that determines the biomarkers, gene, protein, hormone, urological abnormality, or whatever it is that causes POIS --  POIS will continue to be one of the many miserable undiagnosed rare disorders.

My reason for mentioning this young woman's story here is some very simple, yet very profound words from her.  When I asked her how she did what she did, how she was able to put her severely diminishing energy into that fund raiser, her response was -- word for word --

"Ask yourself, what do you want -- and what do you want to do to help others? Then do it!"

I ask that you all think in the same terms -- What do you want?  What do you want to do to help your fellow POIS sufferers.  Then do it!  Do what it takes to reach your research fund goal!  Find the cause of and the treatment for POIS!

If you'd like to read Stephanie's full story (it's not long), you can view it on NORD's website at --
http://rarediseases.org/patients-and-families/patient-stories/.

Stef

Offline kurtosis

• View Profile
« Reply #17190 on: 06/09/2012 19:33:50 »
T_J
Regarding Testosterone. This can only be determined by your doctor. Nobody should attempt hormone treatment without medical supervision.

I take ginkgo biloba and an NO increasing athletic supplement (a form of carnitine) as vasodilators. They appear to reduce anxiety and have made a big difference to my quality of life. I also take a b complex. If you want to learn more you could head over to poiscenter.com where there's a lot of debate about possible treatments.

Offline jferr

• View Profile
« Reply #17191 on: 07/09/2012 05:44:04 »
I also have this condition and I have quite many other allergies, tinnitus, sleeping dissorder and flu like symptoms after ejaculation. Trouble with burning eyes, sneezing, freezing and severe mental problems like total lifeless state of mind. I also had a severe masturbation addiction when i was young which i believe causes this POIS problem, I also had a circumcision when i was 23 yo. Does anyone else recognize themselves with this?

Johanstefansson,

You are not alone. I have many of those same symptoms and even a few more. They are terrible.

Offline aden99

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #17192 on: 08/09/2012 08:33:20 »
Greetings, POIS followers and Medical Practitioners.

I make no pretense of being in expert in the field of medicine and science. Whilst this process has
worked for me, it is recommended one seek medical and specialist advise before self trial.

Over the last 5 years I have been studying the symptoms of POIS and tracking when they
are most extreme and least extreme, in particular when systems appear to be gone in 24 hours.

I have realised, in order to understand where the sensitivities are in the body that afflict man following
the ejaculatory process, one must first understand the ejaculatory system and the components vulnerable
to auto immune response and subsequent symptoms.

So i determined, whilst avoiding the process of ejaculation meant my health was maintained and POIS
symptons were circumvented, I diagnosed the following:

- I was most vulnerable when the ejaculatory system was dim, like a hose without sufficient water pressure

- I deducted that the most vulnerable component of the ejaculatory system was the prostate where the excretory duct of the seminal gland opens into the vas deferens as it enters the prostate gland.

- The prostate secretes a slightly alkaline fluid making 1/3 of the semen back into the seminal vesicles through cowpers gland lubricating the urinal tract for semen to travel through.

That said, when the process is engaged and the system is not fully hardened by blood pressure, it is at the prostate where seminal leakage occurs kicking off a possible auto immune response attacking the left over seminal fluid that had not made it into the urinal tract and now in the blood stream amongst other cells.

Knowing the above, I then trialled two options, first to target a weak ejaculatory system and second to target an auto immune response attacking seminal fluid in the blood stream and good cells.

1) I had read through previous threads taking a ciallis tablet assisted. Through performing the experiment
I found that the evidence effects of POIS were lessened dramatically therefore conclusive.

2) Testing the theory of auto immune response with flu like symtoms I tested the process of the ejaculatory
system by taking one dose of an anti-biotic pill following ejaculation as one would if they had the flu.

Low and behold, indifferent of ejaculatory acuity or not through blood pressure option 2 worked and offered the quickest recovery time.

My parting message, "It's only through personal sacrifice, trials and tribulations where solutions to problems can emerge. Why is it as a society that hopes to evolve is not willing to make the required sacrifices in order to resolve the most obvious issues afflicting man to the point of de-evolution"

Offline nathan123

• View Profile
« Reply #17193 on: 08/09/2012 15:11:44 »
My POIS is back.  Again After one and half or two months of success from Neem, from last one week, I am getting POIS, even though I have taken Neem.  Very bad ......

Hence, what next.

Offline meteo74

• View Profile
« Reply #17194 on: 08/09/2012 16:22:58 »
Hi
jferr

All of us have the same symptoms,but dont forget that masturbation is the reason of pois,i got pois after severe masturbation several times aday per a week,the symptoms have lettle effect when i do it with my wife.but i dont know why!!.
« Last Edit: 08/09/2012 16:29:30 by meteo74 »

Offline nathan123

• View Profile
« Reply #17195 on: 08/09/2012 17:25:54 »
Hi
jferr

All of us have the same symptoms,but dont forget that masturbation is the reason of pois,i got pois after severe masturbation several times aday per a week,the symptoms have lettle effect when i do it with my wife.but i dont know why!!.

Yes, If Masturbation is done under different styles, POIS effect is different.  Very stragne. 

Offline kurtosis

• View Profile
« Reply #17196 on: 08/09/2012 20:50:17 »
Hi
jferr

Yes, If Masturbation is done under different styles, POIS effect is different.  Very stragne. 

People without POIS have observed a similar crash after quick masturbatory O's. It's just not as severe as POIS. You probably spend a lot longer having sex with your wife, meaning you're increasing dopamine levels to a higher plateau before the post O crash. You're also probably producing oxytocin which reduces the post O dopamine crash.

If you really want to reduce POIS symptoms following a solo O :) then take it very slowly. Fast & frequent O's are the problem.

Offline amijgoro

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #17197 on: 09/09/2012 00:34:03 »
My POIS is back.  Again After one and half or two months of success from Neem, from last one week, I am getting POIS, even though I have taken Neem.  Very bad ......

Hence, what next.

I am very sorry and disappointed to hear about the failed neem attempt, i really thought we had something there. Sometime somewhere someone will hopefully stumble upon something concrete that will put us out of this ongoing nightmare. But are you willing to wait until that miraculas day to come while the world passes us by?? Why not take it in our own hands?! Its us who have the power to change our lives! Only we understand the true misery of the problem! Last i checked, we are around 450 members for gods sake! we are not where we were 5 years ago. there is an organization who is taking us seriously, an organization who brought a lot of miseries to peace. all we have to do is give a little bit to receive a whole lot more. My unused guitar is being actioned off as we speak. can you even imagine a day without pois? i know i haven't for a very long time. do it for yourselves. no one deserves this.

Offline aden99

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #17198 on: 09/09/2012 05:43:31 »
Greetings,

Are there any legitimate Scientists on this with a venucular greater than the volume of a reptilian brain?

Please read my previous thread and provide an assessment as opposed to the poor responses equivalent to that of a junior in High School.

All the best.

Offline Starsky

• View Profile
« Reply #17199 on: 09/09/2012 10:36:19 »
Aden99: please make a new topic here: http://www.poiscenter.com/forums/index.php

Its a better place to start with new theories and discuss them.

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #17199 on: 09/09/2012 10:36:19 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums

Login
Login with username, password and session length