The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome (POIS)  (Read 6439850 times)

Offline kurtosis

• View Profile
Re: Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome (POIS)
« Reply #17325 on: 04/11/2012 14:09:18 »
I found this article fairly useful and explanatory for many hypothesis people here have proposed, after tons of search here n there I found this article to be the most cohesive in regard to relation between thyroid, disabilities, and POIS "Conclusion".

Learning Disabilities in Patients with Autoimmune Thyroid Disease and Their Families

http://www.thyroid.ca/e1b.php

I think it summarizes my case with POIS, and other problems.

Thanks for the 1st post, maradona, and welcome if you're new! 

i read through the article and nothing in it struck a chord with me.  i definitely don't have developmental dyslexia, white spots on the skin, prematurely graying hair, etc.

Thanks for your attention : ) I've got tested for thyroid anti-bodies, and it returned negative. : P Now I'm confused for the underlying cause of my POIS. If it's autoimmune then what's getting attacked?

Information:
- I'm left handed

I've symptoms of mysterious illness that gets worsen by POIS:

1)Chronic 24/7 lightheadedness (like I'm not in reality) [Worsen without reaching orgasm, and become severe if reached]
2)Chronic dizziness (feeling off balance), very rare vertigo attacks (room spinning, not alleviated by laying down [By laying down headache like state persist, and gets relief by sleep] )
3)Overwhelmed by lights, people [Talking without appropriate thinking specially if information is extracted from memory], driving [Slow in taking action], movement, mental activity [Problem solving n puzzle like activities]
4)Physical activity (working out) makes me feel more lightheaded, more dizzy [ Dreamy state "Day Dreaming"]
5)Exhausted, burning eyes, light sensitivity "Photophobia" [Specially when using computers or cell phones], Drooping eyelid, Visual problems focusing [Specially when reading either a book, or from an screen monitor of any device]
7) Memory problems [Short term specially keeping up with high pace conversations arguing like conversations], and processing speed specially with math, and calculations. [Severe slow down occurs by POIS to a mental retardation level, and very low energy]
8) Depression for prolonged time

Others have it too
http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Ear--Nose--Throat/Chronic-Lightheaded-Dizziness-Vertigo-Sensitivity-to-light-and-movement-Vestibular-Rehab/show/1001434

Why does anything have to be attacked? Some people produce many mast cells (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mastocytosis) . Some people produce too much immunglobulin. Some people have genetic mutations that prevent the effective methylation of histamine, meaning they have too high levels in their blood stream.
See http://www.csupharmacol.com/db/allpaper/117.pdf
and a possible connection to asthma. It's been theorised that a HNMT variation may increase the likelihood of schizophrenia.

Some could be infected by bacteria that produce histamine.

Vertigo in Meniere's disease is understood to be histamine related and is treated using a drug called
betahistine. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Betahistine
Unfortunately, this is a h3 antagonist (good) and a histamine h1 agonist (potentially bad) so all bets are off as to how this would work on a POIS sufferer. More useful h3 antagonists should be available soon.

I first noticed POIS after an O when I was younger. The previous summer I had gotten bad food poisoning with symptoms that resembled http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scombroid_food_poisoning
Histamine enables us to get an erection. It enables the body to have an orgasm and is released in large quantities during an O even if you have no evident allergies at all.

Offline steppenwolff

• First timers
    • View Profile
A few things that help me
« Reply #17326 on: 05/11/2012 07:22:49 »
First, let me say thank you all for existing.
2nd, I have heard a lot of people asking for things that help with the symptoms, without much luck. I have a few suggestions based on what I have learned from trial and error over 15 years.
Here is the short answer: specific mental activities that involve conceptualizing symbols, such as reading and math(the mental state that these activities require seems to counteract the mental effects of the condition for me). Diet is KEY: large doses of B6, B12, fish - especially what I think of fine-fiber fish, like shrimp, lobster, scallops, squid, mussels, etc. Chicken is ok. Whole wheat, especially oatmeal. I avoid crap food - fast food, processed meat, soda, deep fried stuff. Each of these things I mention because they have a noticeable effect on my energy.
I haven't read through all the posts, but there seems to me to be 2 different types - a short term and a long term bunch of symptoms. mine is the long term type. The onset is pretty much immediate - just a few minutes, and the effects are long lasting, but not as severe as some listed here. The mental and weakness last a month or more without the above stuff, but with the right diet and mental exercise, I can bring it down to a few weeks.
My physical symptoms include the light colored and loose stools - but seldom goes as far as diarrhea anymore - weakness, tiredness, eczema, excessive hunger, extreme reduction of the sensation of hunger (weird combination huh?), and of course sexual dysfunction.
Mental symptoms include general crankyness, difficulty finding words, lack of focus, problems with short term memory, 5 turtle doves, and a partridge in a pear tree.
I've had it for 15 yrs, I'm 35. It used to be so bad that I would collapse(slowly) on the carpet and lay there not exactly paralyzed, but not with enough energy to move. Its better now, but still a very frustratingly powerful force in my life.
I have an underactive thyroid, taking Levothyroxine.
I give enough blood to keep 3 vampires healthy - all my other hormone levels and other stuff is fine.
This is my first post, its late - I'll talk to you guys later.

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17327 on: 05/11/2012 17:49:38 »
As I mentioned, I have committed my time elsewhere, but that I would be checking in here from time to time.

I am really excited with all the progress. We are getting very close to the day when world-recognized, scientific-medical researchers will investigate our condition thoroughly and put us all in a better light. When we go for POIS treatment, we will have more respect and hopefully soon, some solid treatment recommendations.

Best wishes to all!

Happy New Year,
demo

« Last Edit: 07/11/2012 03:12:30 by demografx »

Offline maradona

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #17328 on: 05/11/2012 18:32:27 »
Add to above posts that mentions appropriate medications, for me to get off depression and go to a good mental state

I take large amount of omega-3, and average amount of phosphatidylserine [Helps so much with mental problems in POIS, even If I can't take the right actions due to mental fog, I can still be somewhat calm]

Multivitamin INCLUDES: Zinc, Iodine, and the B vitamins family, Magnesium, Iron and the list goes on

Carnitine: Helps with memory a little

Lately I've started testing with DHEA, but now it's just few days to judge the results
« Last Edit: 05/11/2012 18:40:23 by maradona »

Offline kurtosis

• View Profile
« Reply #17329 on: 07/11/2012 13:37:05 »
Actually flunarizine dihydrochloride may block IgE regulated calcium channels and work as a mast cell stabiliser. I can well believe that this reduced the symptoms of POIS.
Some other things to try include methionine (reduce histamine through methylation) and DAOSin (reduce histamine using synthetic DAO in the gut).
The more I think about and research the high-histamine theory (and there's lots of info on poiscenter now) the more convinced I am that this is correct. We're suffering from an odd form of histamine intolerance because we either have too much histamine (for several possible reasons including infection, mastocytosis) or we can't clear it due to methylation or DAO synthesis issues.

Offline Starsky

• View Profile
« Reply #17330 on: 08/11/2012 19:42:14 »
How to increase intestinal DAO without taking this enzyme?

Offline Coreman

• View Profile
« Reply #17331 on: 10/11/2012 13:21:31 »
Dear Demografx and Others!

Iíve been having a BREAKTHROUGH  !!!
(Me: a member for 5 years, suffering from POIS for 10 years.)

To put it short, Iím diagnosed with Hyperprolactinaemia, taking pills and getting way better!  :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperprolactinaemia [nofollow]

The results of my lab tests:
(performed after a release):
Total Testo: 4,2 seriously under the range of 8,6 Ė 26
Prolactine:   1646 (!!) seriously over the range of 86-324

Taking Bromocriptine for 5 days, and feeling much better !!! :)

I met an Endocrinologist with profound knowledge.
->an adenoma tumour (so called prolactinoma) is suspected.
-> I am enlisted for an MRI test to check whether I really have prolactinoma. 

Cheers!! Iím over the moon now! :)

Coreman.

« Last Edit: 10/11/2012 13:38:27 by Coreman »

Offline Prancer

• View Profile
« Reply #17332 on: 10/11/2012 16:16:28 »
That sounds like some pretty good news Coreman. Although it's early, I'm already getting excited! Please keep us up to date on any new developments. Thanks a lot and good luck!

- Prancer

PS: Let's give it the 2-week rule that B_Daniel suggested (wait couple weeks and see if you are still cured or feeling much better) before we really break out the champagne!
« Last Edit: 10/11/2012 16:39:00 by Prancer »

Offline kurtosis

• View Profile
« Reply #17333 on: 10/11/2012 17:11:12 »
How to increase intestinal DAO without taking this enzyme?

Another way may be to look at methylation including supplementary methionine and or supplements containing methylfolate and methylcobalamin instead of their inactive un-methylated forms.

If people have genetic methylation problems, several will be revealed by a genetic test using well known services such as 23andme. I'm not promoting them, just making a statement of fact that there are some things we don't need to merely guess about :)

Offline Coreman

• View Profile
« Reply #17334 on: 10/11/2012 18:20:51 »
That sounds like some pretty good news Coreman. Although it's early, I'm already getting excited! Please keep us up to date on any new developments. Thanks a lot and good luck!

- Prancer

PS: Let's give it the 2-week rule that B_Daniel suggested (wait couple weeks and see if you are still cured or feeling much better) before we really break out the champagne!

You're right, Prancer. Thanks! I'll give it a 2 weeks' go!
Coreman.

Offline nathan123

• View Profile
« Reply #17335 on: 11/11/2012 05:47:03 »

Just an update,

It is after 14 days start taking the calcium channel blockers (Flunarizine hydrochloride). I have an o at the 10th day, 11th day, and 14th day (twice).  My all cognitive symptoms such as lack of mental clarity, Stammering, anxiety, difficulty in thinking, burning sensation are reduced extremely and presently running without Herbal life and Neem. Only taking the above medicine.  The only problem remaining is excess dreaming at night and abnormal breathing.

Hence, it is working superbly.  Now my social life has changing, I am calm, cool and started to present papers & seminars in office. My life totally changed.   I met doctor yesterday and he told that it is only 20 to 30% of recovery and it takes around 3 months for complete recovery from this.  But I am in a feeling that I have recovered 70% as my cognitive symptoms disappeared. 

Waiting in next 3 months, how my life will be after complete recovery.

Request you to consult your doctor and as per his guidance take the above mentioned tablet. Its working.  Initially I shared only herbal remedies with temprovery sucess and without scientific reason.  Finally I have shared my success with scientific medicine with reason for clear of POIS. 

My next proposed findings with the help of this forum and my doctor:
a) I want to know how the Testerone replacement theraphy reduce symptoms (cured)for demo and other person in this forum.  (What is the link between TRT and Calcium Channel Blocker)
b) What is the link between Niacin and Calcium Channel Blocker.
c) How Neem has stopped my POIS for 2 months and then how low diet food (without morning breakfast and dinner  and Herbal life) has helped me in some how temprovery blocking of POIS.

Please try this medicine for atleast 20 days (under guidance of doctor) and see the results.   Please don't expect result in first week. 

Offline elias miguel

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #17336 on: 11/11/2012 06:06:14 »
Firstly, thank God I found this forum, and thanks to you all who have posted here. Now I know I'm not alone! I have been wacking my brains wondering what's wrong with me. I mean I enjoy the orgasms, especially the deep, really explosive ones but now? Man! I can't burden the sickness after, the sadness after, the depression after, the "all the bad things"after. I even went to drinking to overcome my depression. And I could not tell anybody till this forum! So yeah, like most of you guys who have posted, I dread the very "after you shoot" fact. What good is having orgasm when you don't want to shoot or explode? And so, believe it or not, I tend to be "celibate" about it, until the proper and effective treatment is found or posted. I've tried so many things believe me: exercise, fish oil supplements, organic foods, name it -- I have tried it. The sad fact is being healthy men we need to have orgasms. And I certainly don't want to go through the rest of my life not having one or more or all of them or being afraid of having one or more or all of them. I read somewhere that Waldinger is coming soon or publishing a treatment for this. Meanwhile, I also read somewhere that using ProgestaCare for Men, or the Men's formula version of it, might or would work. Has anybody else heard of this? Again, thanks to all you guys. Just happy to be here and "suffer" with you and hopefully soon, "triumph" with you all. Cheers!

Offline kurtosis

• View Profile
« Reply #17337 on: 11/11/2012 11:23:47 »

Just an update,

It is after 14 days start taking the calcium channel blockers (Flunarizine hydrochloride). I have an o at the 10th day, 11th day, and 14th day (twice).  My all cognitive symptoms such as lack of mental clarity, Stammering, anxiety, difficulty in thinking, burning sensation are reduced extremely and presently running without Herbal life and Neem. Only taking the above medicine.  The only problem remaining is excess dreaming at night and abnormal breathing.

Hence, it is working superbly.  Now my social life has changing, I am calm, cool and started to present papers & seminars in office. My life totally changed.   I met doctor yesterday and he told that it is only 20 to 30% of recovery and it takes around 3 months for complete recovery from this.  But I am in a feeling that I have recovered 70% as my cognitive symptoms disappeared. 

Request you to consult your doctor and as per his guidance take the above mentioned tablet. Its working.  Initially I shared only herbal remedies with temprovery sucess and without scientific reason.  Finally I have shared my success with scientific medicine with reason for clear of POIS. 

a) I want to know how the Testerone replacement theraphy reduce symptoms (cured)for demo and other person in this forum.  (What is the link between TRT and Calcium Channel Blocker)
c) How Neem has stopped my POIS for 2 months and then how low diet food (without morning breakfast and dinner  and Herbal life) has helped me in some how temprovery blocking of POIS.

Please try this medicine for atleast 20 days (under guidance of doctor) and see the results.   Please don't expect result in first week. 

Hi Nathan,
I've already explained the link. It's histamine. You're taking a histamine antagonist and calcium channel blocker. It's reducing the histamine production in your brain and blocking histamine's effects on h1 receptors.

Testosterone is an anti-inflammatory and may reduce histamine release. In people with high levels of histamine, the body has to produce cortisol in increasing amounts to manage inflammation and this reduces testosterone levels. TRT helps reduce inflammation, histamine and replenish depleted testosterone supplies.

Taking the anti-histamine with calcium channel blocking helps improve symptoms. Taking an anti-histamine with pseudo-ephedrine may improve symptoms. I'm improving symptoms by increasing methylation. The POIS reaction is all about the histamine.

There's lots of discussion on poiscenter about the relation between niacin, histamine and PGD2 (prostaglandin).

There are anecdotal reports of neem being an anti-histamine.
http://stason.org/articles/wellbeing/health/The-Miraculous-Neem.html
An Indian friend said Neem was known to be an anti-histamine in clinics there but I can't find any papers researching this property of it.

How are methionine, neem, SAMe, pharmaceutical anti-histamines, calcium channel blockers and neurosteroids like testosterone and progesterone related? One good answer is histamine.

Offline Prancer

• View Profile
« Reply #17338 on: 12/11/2012 01:09:26 »
Grrr, that histamine (more like histaMEAN) is causing so much trouble for us!

And heat releases histamine, so maybe that's why some (including me) of us get POIS symptoms from a hot shower (as opposed to a tepid shower).
« Last Edit: 12/11/2012 03:44:26 by Prancer »

Offline nathan123

• View Profile
« Reply #17339 on: 12/11/2012 07:35:21 »
Hi,  I would like to tell one thing.  My body is producing excessive heat and most of the times my testicles is loose. 

Whether this excess heat of the body is cause for excess histamine?

Offline kurtosis

• View Profile
« Reply #17340 on: 12/11/2012 10:23:45 »
Hi,  I would like to tell one thing.  My body is producing excessive heat and most of the times my testicles is loose. 

Whether this excess heat of the body is cause for excess histamine?

Sounds possible. How showers cause histamine release but a longer hot bath can be a really good way to release the histamine and flush it out of your system. Try it, that's one of the reasons people find hot baths relaxing. Particularly those with stressful jobs.

I've found vitamin C capsules are good also but they often make me feel a little hot and dizzy when I first take them and then gradually my sinuses clear and I feel better.

Offline acronym

• View Profile
« Reply #17341 on: 13/11/2012 02:31:10 »
nathan123
That is wonderful news for you that Flunarizine hydrochloride is working well for you. With your doctor, did you describe migraines as one of your main symptoms? I don't get migraines at all. I do get pressure headaches but it is only during the warmer more humid months of the year, otherwise I get brain fog all year around. I did not find much info on Flunarizine hydrochloride and post coital headache on the www. 
Are you experiencing any side effects since taking it?

nathan, as regards your point C. Neem has anti-parasite + anti-bacterial properties I thought. The fact that you feel better skipping meals can also fit in with this. I get the same effect, eating less I handle pois/cfs better, skipping the evening meal and I have a more refreshing night's sleep. Many CFS sufferers report the same. I have had a few bowel/fecal pathology tests and showed up with parasites + numerous bad bacterial overgrowths. I am have had a number of treatments over the past 4 yrs and my pois symptoms are not as severe, but I still have them. I am going to do a follow up path test in a few weeks to see how things are. I am not saying this is the cause of pois, but maybe a contributing factor for some of us that puts extra load on the liver or absorption of nutrients or creation ofneurotransmitters, IDK.

Offline nathan123

• View Profile
« Reply #17342 on: 13/11/2012 03:54:53 »
nathan123
That is wonderful news for you that Flunarizine hydrochloride is working well for you. With your doctor, did you describe migraines as one of your main symptoms? I don't get migraines at all. I do get pressure headaches but it is only during the warmer more humid months of the year, otherwise I get brain fog all year around. I did not find much info on Flunarizine hydrochloride and post coital headache on the www. 
Are you experiencing any side effects since taking it?

nathan, as regards your point C. Neem has anti-parasite + anti-bacterial properties I thought. The fact that you feel better skipping meals can also fit in with this. I get the same effect, eating less I handle pois/cfs better, skipping the evening meal and I have a more refreshing night's sleep. Many CFS sufferers report the same. I have had a few bowel/fecal pathology tests and showed up with parasites + numerous bad bacterial overgrowths. I am have had a number of treatments over the past 4 yrs and my pois symptoms are not as severe, but I still have them. I am going to do a follow up path test in a few weeks to see how things are. I am not saying this is the cause of pois, but maybe a contributing factor for some of us that puts extra load on the liver or absorption of nutrients or creation ofneurotransmitters, IDK.

I never told that I am suffering from Migraine with my doctor.  I explained my POIS symtoms with him which will trigger after an o.  And he mentions it as Post Coital illness syndrome and prescribed medicine.  It seems he knows more on this illness and treatment.  During my next visit, I will ask my doctor to post in this forum how I am getting success with this medicine and how POIS trigger after an o.  so that everyone including me get clarity . Presently there is no side effects after taking it. 

For me in POIS, i gets only cognitive symtoms.  My all cognitive symtoms has been reduced to an great extent so that this can be tolerable like a common headche / fever. Hopefully this small POIS effects will be reduced within next 3 months as per told by doctor. 
In google, there is no more information on Post coital illness as this name we call in our country and neighbouring country. 
« Last Edit: 13/11/2012 04:07:40 by nathan123 »

Offline nathan123

• View Profile
« Reply #17343 on: 14/11/2012 03:02:30 »
I have a confusion about whether I have POIS or Post Coital headche and for my condition doctor told that it is a Post Coital headche illness.  So, please explain me whether my problem is a POIS by seeing the following symtoms.  By Calcium Channel blocker, my POIS has clearing now, so I want to discuss with doctor on POIS vs Post Coital headche illness. 

When I am in POIS, I have the following symtoms,

a) Brain fog, low concentration, low memory, Fatigue, burning in head, confusion
b) Depression
c) Burning eyes,
d) feeling imbalance in head
e) Abnormal breathing
f) High Anxiery
g) Difficult to have eye contact
h) Stammerting at the great extent
i) Imbalance in sleep and excessive dreaming
j) Emotional imbalance
h) Very rare occasion I also had throat infection.
and I don't get any flu and physical symtoms.
These symtoms will be there for atleast one months and very difficult to remove when attacked.  Upto last 2 months, my symtoms as explained above.  Please clarifiy to me.

« Last Edit: 14/11/2012 03:06:04 by nathan123 »

Offline kurtosis

• View Profile
« Reply #17344 on: 14/11/2012 10:34:45 »
I have a confusion about whether I have POIS or Post Coital headche and for my condition doctor told that it is a Post Coital headche illness.  So, please explain me whether my problem is a POIS by seeing the following symtoms.  By Calcium Channel blocker, my POIS has clearing now, so I want to discuss with doctor on POIS vs Post Coital headche illness. 

When I am in POIS, I have the following symtoms,

a) Brain fog, low concentration, low memory, Fatigue, burning in head, confusion
b) Depression
c) Burning eyes,
d) feeling imbalance in head
e) Abnormal breathing
f) High Anxiery
g) Difficult to have eye contact
h) Stammerting at the great extent
i) Imbalance in sleep and excessive dreaming
j) Emotional imbalance
h) Very rare occasion I also had throat infection.
and I don't get any flu and physical symtoms.
These symtoms will be there for atleast one months and very difficult to remove when attacked.  Upto last 2 months, my symtoms as explained above.  Please clarifiy to me.

It does seem like your doctor is just giving this a label because the symptoms aren't primarily about headaches, although I've had some POIS-related headaches they're actually rare.
However, that doesn't mean that flunarizine won't be effective in treating symptoms but I'd be worried about taking calcium blockers indefinitely.

Offline B_Daniel

• View Profile
« Reply #17345 on: 14/11/2012 17:06:16 »
Nathan, is your question whether u have pois or pois coital headache syndrome?

You clearly have pois as we define it. Does the real definition of poist coital headach syndrome overlap with Pois? the answer to that is maybe but probably not. Does your doctor's definition of post coital headaches overlap with pois? He seems to think so. But it doesnt matter what he calls pois as long as he understands it and knows how to fix it. Does he understand it and know how to fix it? Who knows Nathan.

Regardless, as kurtosis points out the calcium blocker is not healthy to take long term. At some point, even if it's is working, u will need to find an alternative. I suggest starting with a supplement that decreases histamine and increases methylation.
« Last Edit: 14/11/2012 17:29:52 by B_Daniel »

Offline daveshan

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #17346 on: 20/11/2012 06:55:57 »
Hi, my name is Dave and this is my problem with what I believe is P.O.I.S.

-The Problem-
*Masturbation and only masturbation causes negative effects on my body and mind that can last indefinitely.
*Sex and nocturnal emissions do no harm.  Itís only masturbation.
*No doctor nor therapists has been able to help.

-Body Problems-
*Decrease in muscle mass.
*Feeling of a lack of connection between parts of the body, as if tendons and ligaments are weak.
*Joints are tense and weak, especially knees.
*Sweat is more profuse.
*Penis feels stiff and tense, but is flaccid and soft.
*Breathing isnít labored or strained, but it is harder breath.
*Slight increase in blood pressure.
*Blood vessels feel constricted.

-Mental Problems-
*Harder to focus
*Harder to stay awake
*Learned skills that require coordination diminish in quality.

-The Only Way Iím Able to Fix the Problem-
*Achieving a full and solid erection using only arousing thoughts and memories as stimulation.
*Cannot use any other stimulation.  Not pictures, sounds, touch, not even muscle contractions.  ONLY thoughts and memories.
*All problems with masturbation remain until and only until a full erection is achieved just from thought.
*While the basic problems that occur from masturbation go away, the parts of body and factors of the mind that were affected donít return to previous levels (i.e., muscle mass returns somewhat but not completely, learned skills donít get completely re-learned,Ö).  More erections purely from thoughts and memories help though.

-Difficulties with Erections caused only from Thought-
*Takes LOTS of time and effort.
*Comparable to practicing to run a mile when being out of shape.  At first, arousing thoughts can only give me a small tingle.  Then a little more the next day.  Then a little more a day or two after that.  Then a little more the next dayÖ  so on and so forth until I get a full erection.  Then I wonít be able to get another erection for a day or so.  After a while, though, Iím able to have a full erection, purely from thoughts or memories with ease.
*However, if I masturbate again, everything goes back to zero and itís as though I have to Ďpractice for the mileí all over again from square one.
*Also after masturbating, whatever thoughts and memories helped me get an erection before typically wonít help again.

-Being well-hydrated seems to help

-Eating pizza seems to help

-Info about my health-
*I donít do drugs, although I was over-prescribed with behavior meds as a child.
*Physically active
*In all around good health
*Not a very active sex life.
*Iíve had an MRI and nothing unusual was found.

Offline John21

• View Profile
« Reply #17347 on: 20/11/2012 10:48:00 »
Nathan, I hope the medication continues to work for you. The histamine theory does sound plausable to me, it would explain how anti-inflammatory foods help reduce POIS for me. I am interested learning any way that high histamine can be reduced, I'll have to read up on calcium channel blockers.  I have also noticed recently that reducing food intake makes me feel better. It seems all too easy to eat too much, so I am making a point of trying to eat only what I need to so that the body has less work to do digesting. Digestion takes a whole lot of energy, and reducing the workload on the body might free it to work on repair, like an energy budget.

Offline Kingkong

• View Profile
« Reply #17348 on: 22/11/2012 00:35:03 »

Just an update,

Hi Natan, I'm taking flunarizine for two day now. Even if I'm taking citalopram since 6 years for anxiety, my doctor don't find any problem for me taking flunarizine. Here in Canada, flunarizine is not use anymore but still available. So, i'll wait ( we'll wait, my wife and me) and I will give news after two weeks.

Offline jferr

• View Profile
« Reply #17349 on: 22/11/2012 07:03:35 »
Wow how much worse my POIS has gotten in the past couple of months. I have muscle tremors, I cant think well at all, Trouble breathing correctly, Fatigue, Trouble sleeping/getting up, Neuro problems so bad that I have trouble controlling facial expressions, Etc.. 25 years old just getting into my family's business and I am not me. I have tried so many things .... I really need help ....

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #17349 on: 22/11/2012 07:03:35 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums