The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome (POIS)  (Read 6441355 times)

Offline Тимати

• First timers
    • View Profile
Re: Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome (POIS)
« Reply #17550 on: 07/01/2013 16:49:04 »
Gbolduev, Thanks what are you here , Эмин .
« Last Edit: 07/01/2013 16:50:54 by Тимати »

Offline Vincent M

• View Profile
« Reply #17551 on: 07/01/2013 17:59:15 »
Hello, I am new to this forum, but I have been following it  for sometime.   I  tend to agree with  some people here and I  am 100% sure that  high histamine levels are the  cause of the  problem. Now, the big  question  is how you deal with it. Trust me, nothing will help you  on a longer term basis  if you are going to look for a magic pill or  a shot of  adrenaline or  a calcium blocker( by the way worst thing you can do). This is systematic  problem of your body.  Almost in 90% of all cases   this is  a problem related to copper imbalance.  Copper deficiency , which can be caused by  many factors  will lead to  increase in  Ferritin ( if you are a male  I am very sure your ferritin level  is  higher than normal), which  will cause inflammation and higher histamine.  You will have low  manganese which in turn will lower your dopamine levels.  High copper  low histamine , low copper  high histamine.   Low adrenals = low ceruplasmin = low copper bound and high  biounavailable or toxic copper, which in turn causes  hyper thyrodism and  lowers adrenal even more.    You need to take  manganese 30 mg a day ,  50 mg zinc  and 3 mg  copper,  also 1gr  vitamin  C, B5.   It will automatically  fix your  na/k ratio in your cell and take care of calcium  problem. Also  buy  open  water.  It is the water with the  different angle in the molecule and that will take care of your candida problems , since  no copper  say hello to candida.

Best  Regards, 
Herman Bolduev

Here is your original post. Are you able to link us to any scientific sources which would help verify these claims? I'd like to see a source to back up your claim that copper deficiency leads to an increase in Ferritin and that increased ferritin causes higher histamine levels.

You say that low ceruplasmin leads to low bound copper and high bio-unavailable toxic copper. Can you link a scientific source that shows evidence to support that taking vitamins and supplements can correct this?

Offline Gbolduev

• View Profile
« Reply #17552 on: 07/01/2013 19:15:47 »
Vincent M,

I will  only respond to blood work from now on.  Although I agree what Daniel said about irritability  and understanding. I  am not going to engage in  online research at this time. Sorry.

P.S   from what I am seeing in the blood work.    Most people  are  with low ceruplasmin,  some people  are with high ferritin/
The  major  imbalances seen ,   low dopamine/ serotonin  ratio.    High RT3 ratio which points to copper overload.

Offline Vincent M

• View Profile
« Reply #17553 on: 07/01/2013 19:22:31 »
It would be nice if we could all see these blood tests. It's unfortunate that you are unable to back up your claims with scientific evidence.

Offline Gbolduev

• View Profile
« Reply #17554 on: 07/01/2013 19:27:10 »
I simply dont have time now to  wonder around  the internet and  collect   as you say facts to things that are obvious to me.    It is like  proving  that 2+2=4  and I mean to  disrespect.

On the Russian POIS site, we   have created  a separate topic where everyone posts their tests.( so  after the 15th you would  see a lot of tests there)   I dont know if it is possible to do  here.

Thanks

Offline Gbolduev

• View Profile
« Reply #17555 on: 07/01/2013 19:29:12 »
I dont understand why this was not done here a long time ago..  750 cures  and no blood work to compare. 

Offline Vincent M

• View Profile
« Reply #17556 on: 07/01/2013 19:36:46 »
You don't have time to find sources for facts that you see as obvious and yet you still have time to repeatedly post here about how you know so much more about POIS than us. That is too bad.

Offline Gbolduev

• View Profile
« Reply #17557 on: 07/01/2013 20:21:14 »
I am not  trying to compete with you, dude.   Dont post to me.

Offline CertainlyPOIS

• View Profile
« Reply #17558 on: 07/01/2013 20:32:44 »
We allowed to post here if we keep it scientific. Keeping it scientific means providing evidence.
If you did not just come up with this theory out of nowhere then you should past evidence you can easily provide.
nobody is competing or trying to attack you, we just want evidence.

Offline CertainlyPOIS

• View Profile
« Reply #17559 on: 07/01/2013 20:35:14 »
Hi,

An update after 2 and half months of after starting Calcium channel blocker.  Presently I can say it is best medicine I found for my POIS say 60% of my POIS depth has been cured now.  Further, now after orgasm I am not getting any POIS effects, rather after stress, travelling, nightout i am getting POIS symptoms. 

Disadvantage:  Increased 8 kg in 2 months.  Doctors telling to continue for next four months.  But decided to quit as my weight reached 100.  Will update the more updates.  Soon.

@ German:  I thankful for your help in this site.  Pl explain, how calcium channel blocker i.e. fluneraize helps me in reducing the depth of my POIS.  further, I already done all the tests prescribed by you and I will get the result on 10th of this month.  I will mail you all my results. 

Finally thanking for this forum. 

good to here your improvements. am interested in trying ccb but am already pretty big.  Did you attempt to exercise while you use ccb inorde to curb weight gain. Did you get any serious fatigue.

POis caused by stress, how long did they last.

Offline gabin

• View Profile
« Reply #17560 on: 07/01/2013 21:27:41 »
You don't have time to find sources for facts that you see as obvious and yet you still have time to repeatedly post here about how you know so much more about POIS than us. That is too bad.
He's not trying to sell you anything, he's not a proselytiser. Initially I was also sceptical about the rationale of his postings, but since it's not profit driven and not insane (I mean "psychological" cures), then why do you attack him? All he asks you about is a bunch of lab tests, it's absolutely voluntary not to provide them. And besides that, since you advertise yourself as a much deeper insider of POIS subject, can you provide some scientific papers or books explaining POIS? No, since there is none (except for Waldinger's papers, but it's more of an intro description). So please calm down and just ignore his posts if they touch you so deeply.

Offline gabin

• View Profile
« Reply #17561 on: 07/01/2013 21:31:17 »
We allowed to post here if we keep it scientific. Keeping it scientific means providing evidence.
If you did not just come up with this theory out of nowhere then you should past evidence you can easily provide.
nobody is competing or trying to attack you, we just want evidence.
Imagine you self-cured. How can you provide any scientific evidence at all? There's no official ongoing research, NORD is about it. But still that doesn't eliminate an opportunity to find a cure, does it?

Offline Chaos

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #17562 on: 08/01/2013 02:23:48 »
1) Welcome Sohail! We're very happy that you found this forum. :) We really think and hope 2013 is the year that we can finally get some good research and solve this POIS problem once and for all!
Thank U. ;D i hope 2.

Hi,
We had a big discussion about histamine receptors over on poiscenter.
There's some stuff here newbielink:http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=795.30 [nonactive].
I think it's best not to post about new theories over there (as it's against the rules) but you could read the posts if you want. The h3 idea isn't new. H3 blockers aren't widely available. Alternatives are mast cell stabilisers.

Just so you know, everyone releases histamine when there's an erection. When h2 blockers are given to someone, it impedes them getting an erection.
That doesn't mean there's not an immunological reaction going on here but the question is why are POIS sufferers different rather than why do POIS sufferers have histamine release upon an O.
Hi, Thanks 4 the link. I read a couple of posts there.
Yes clobenpropit is one of them and sadly that's not available(like other h3 A.H.). I take Lorazepam if i get extremely depressed. but i usually only take loratadine because lorazepam is harmful.
I'm not sure if i understand your view. Histamine has many functions in the body. Pois is not related to erection/histamine realese for erection. I don't get depressed or numb because of erection. our symptoms seems like an allergy(allergy to seminal fluid). Probably histamine release for erection is local and little. But allergy to seminal fluid releases lots of histamine in whole body.
Allergy theory is not new. I'm not sure but I remember that was Dr waldinger's theory.  anyway
It seems there are different kinds of pois. Probably...
« Last Edit: 08/01/2013 04:21:08 by Chaos »

Offline Chaos

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #17563 on: 08/01/2013 02:28:51 »
I'm 21 and still there is no beard on my cheeks. is that related to POIS?

Offline GDRTW

• View Profile
« Reply #17564 on: 08/01/2013 05:47:23 »
Great to see all this new information coming out. A couple of power plays from me as my biggest issue is with sensitivity to light. Feels like a very weak retina that makes me lethargic and very easily tired. I found Huperzine to be a big help and I have also discovered that passionfruit seeds (need to be bitten and chewed on) can help alleviate as well. I am in Taiwan where teas are readily available around the corner. I go for a passionfruit green tea in times of need.

Offline acronym

• View Profile
« Reply #17565 on: 08/01/2013 09:54:34 »
"Most people  are  with low ceruplasmin,  some people  are with high ferritin/ The  major  imbalances seen ,   low dopamine/ serotonin  ratio.    High RT3 ratio which points to copper overload."
Gbolduev...so low ceruplasmin. means no carrier for copper in the body...and you say copper overload. why because it accumulates in the wrong places? With low ceruplasmin I thought this would result in copper deficiency symptoms, not copper overload. If any of us have low ceruplasmin, then taking extra copper in a supplement would be a waste wouldn't it because it is not going to get picked up.
I have been taking fairly high doses of zinc for a number of years as part of a treatment for Pyroluria. I wonder if I have screwed up my Cu levels because of this. I had hair mineral test a number of years ago (prior to the Pyroluria diagnosis) and most metals showed up in the normal range except titanium.

Offline Chaos

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #17566 on: 08/01/2013 10:03:34 »
@kurtosis I'm so happy I found you're an INTJ. I'm really interested in personality psychology stuff.
I'm an INTP-big5:RLUAI-enneagram:5.
Do you think asking other members to take personality test is a good idea?
I'm really curious if there is any correlation between personality type and pois.

Offline Gbolduev

• View Profile
« Reply #17567 on: 08/01/2013 10:04:19 »
ACRONYМ,

What happened to me  that I was stressed  and  for some stupid reason I started to take zinc also, and took it for a while.   that is when my Pois started.    it sped my  thyroid  relative to  adrenal gland, and my  dopamine which is  associated with adrenal  became  lower than   serotonin   which was associated with  thyroid.    Basically the gap between  dopamine and serotonin increased//   To tell you the truth from the blood work that I  saw , this is the imbalance  in 90% cases/    So the cure for this imbalance  is to  lower your thyroid, and at the  same time increase your methylation.

Offline kurtosis

• View Profile
« Reply #17568 on: 08/01/2013 10:53:59 »
@kurtosis I'm so happy I found you're an INTJ. I'm really interested in personality psychology stuff.
I'm an INTP-big5:RLUAI-enneagram:5.
Do you think asking other members to take personality test is a good idea?
I'm really curious if there is any correlation between personality type and pois.
Daveman on poiscenter was also an INTJ. Not sure about the others.
Several POIS sufferers experience POIS symptoms upon erection. Histamine release on orgasm is greater. In response to Vincent M, H1 do not appear to be responsible for maintaining an erection. The h2 receptors in the penis are effected but histamine levels increase. Arguably not a problem for most people but it makes me itchy, sneezy and brings about something that feels like a headache that never quite develops.
See http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7850330
for a description of histamine's role in sexual function.
These results indicate that histamine may play a role in human penile erection. The erection-promoting action of histamine is probably due to H2 receptor activation, although another histamine receptor, possibly H3, also seems to be involved. This study suggests that histamine could be a valuable tool in the diagnosis of erectile dysfunction.
The results appear conclusive but scientists are supposed to be cautious in what they say. This is generally considered a good thing :)
There are other articles on ncbi about this also.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3133686

While the H2 antagonists do not always have strong behavioural effects when administered peripherally, there is evidence that cimetidine has a depressant effect on sexual function
Women have been known to get a "sex flush" reaction following an orgasm and some of them experience sneezing and mild symptoms associated with an allergic reaction. I spoke with my doctor, an allergist, about this and she said that it was not thought to be an allergy but rather a result of increased histamine levels.
It's an interesting phenomenon. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flushing_(physiology)#Sex_flush
but doesn't lead to headaches or confusion in most sufferers.

There are some reports of people developing POIS like symptoms following taking propecia. I think this was discussed on poiscenter but I haven't time to look it up now.

One reason the flush might lead to confusion and nausea is an overloaded calcium channel. As Yasko is fond of saying "glutamate is the gun and calcium is the trigger" when discussing excitotoxins and seizures in autistic kids.
http://www.dramyyasko.com/resources/autism-pathways-to-recovery/chapter-4/
But you don't have to trust Yasko on this. She's just collecting a "well known" set of facts about glutamate and Ca ion interaction. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glutamate_receptor#Excitotoxicity

Overstimulation of glutamate receptors causes neurodegeneration and neuronal damage through a process called excitotoxicity. Excessive glutamate, or excitotoxins acting on the same glutamate receptors, overactivate glutamate receptors (specifically NMDARs), causing high levels of calcium ions (Ca2+) to influx into the postsynaptic cell.[34]
High Ca2+ concentrations activate a cascade of cell degradation processes involving proteases, lipases, nitric oxide synthase, and a number of enzymes that damage cell structures often to the point of cell death.[35] Ingestion of or exposure to excitotoxins that act on glutamate receptors can induce excitotoxicity and cause toxic effects on the central nervous system.[36] This becomes a problem for cells, as it feeds into a cycle of positive feedback cell death.

Offline FinalPanic

• View Profile
« Reply #17569 on: 08/01/2013 14:33:35 »
ACRONYМ,

What happened to me  that I was stressed  and  for some stupid reason I started to take zinc also, and took it for a while.   that is when my Pois started.    it sped my  thyroid  relative to  adrenal gland, and my  dopamine which is  associated with adrenal  became  lower than   serotonin   which was associated with  thyroid.    Basically the gap between  dopamine and serotonin increased//   To tell you the truth from the blood work that I  saw , this is the imbalance  in 90% cases/    So the cure for this imbalance  is to  lower your thyroid, and at the  same time increase your methylation.
Hi Gbolduev - how do you go about re-balancing these factors - this is of interest to me, thank you. My POIS started over 30 years ago after a bout of stress and terrible insomnia and anxiety - it all just kicked off and the condition has stayed with me ever since, lasting anything from two days to two weeks after O.

Offline Vincent M

• View Profile
« Reply #17570 on: 08/01/2013 15:54:13 »
In response to Vincent M, H1 do not appear to be responsible for maintaining an erection. The h2 receptors in the penis are effected but histamine levels increase. Arguably not a problem for most people but it makes me itchy, sneezy and brings about something that feels like a headache that never quite develops.
These results indicate that histamine may play a role in human penile erection. The erection-promoting action of histamine is probably due to H2 receptor activation, although another histamine receptor, possibly H3, also seems to be involved. This study suggests that histamine could be a valuable tool in the diagnosis of erectile dysfunction.
The results appear conclusive but scientists are supposed to be cautious in what they say. This is generally considered a good thing :)

While the H2 antagonists do not always have strong behavioural effects when administered peripherally, there is evidence that cimetidine has a depressant effect on sexual function

Interesting. I have taken ranitidine, an H2 receptor inverse agonist, with no effect on my erections. Perhaps I'd need something for the H3 receptor as well.

Offline nathan123

• View Profile
« Reply #17571 on: 08/01/2013 16:10:48 »
@ German:  I have one interesting factor for my POIS.  What I always observe is if I take new medicine for the first time, it will decreae the POIS symtoms.  Later this will not works for reducing the POIS pain.  I experienced this for SSRI, Sodium tablet, all herbal (around 10 to 15 varities) and other medicines.  What is the reason behind this.  We are not able to find the solution to this problem.  Please clarify.
Further I will get my test results after 20th.  In my town some of the test you mentioned is not avialble and I required to go to another big city for this and I am planning to go on 15th.  On 20th I will update all the test you require. 

thanks for the your help. 
with regards,

Nathan.

Offline Gbolduev

• View Profile
« Reply #17572 on: 08/01/2013 16:37:55 »
Nathan, 

it is hard to say ,  since you were taking all kind of  stuff...but I can  guess, that   when you take  something  to increase  serotonin  lets say ,  then it  spikes and then crashes, and the actual effect might be  the decrease,  but if you  take it all the time , may be  it  starts  building up , and thus your ratio stays  impaired, I mean  dopamine serotonin  ratio.  That is why  when you smoke all the time and then quit  you find yourself with really  low serotonin  levels , since smoking  was providing  constant serotonin boost and  the methylation of  serotonin  adjusted.

Offline Gbolduev

• View Profile
« Reply #17573 on: 08/01/2013 16:46:06 »
To me , lets say with  the niacin,   it releases serotonin in the flush,  so  the actual ratio  might  go up , I mean  dopamine  to serotonin , since  niacin has released some of  the serotonin.  after orgasm , your dopamine   goes up and then crashes,  and serotonin  goes up.  So  if you have   low  dopamine / serotonin ratio  from the getgo, I mean before the orgasm,  then after naicin   it goes up   and then  after orgasm  becomes normal, that is why may be some people feel normal after naicin.   Since the  ration of dopamine and serotonin   tells you  about the state,  either  infection or inflammation..   high  or low  is bad.

Offline kurtosis

• View Profile
« Reply #17574 on: 08/01/2013 17:19:57 »
In response to Vincent M, H1 do not appear to be responsible for maintaining an erection. The h2 receptors in the penis are effected but histamine levels increase. Arguably not a problem for most people but it makes me itchy, sneezy and brings about something that feels like a headache that never quite develops.

Interesting. I have taken ranitidine, an H2 receptor inverse agonist, with no effect on my erections. Perhaps I'd need something for the H3 receptor as well.

The theory is that those people with less active mast cells may need less rantidine to reduce libido.  It is a noted side effect of the drug but it doesn't appear to affect everyone & I think the reason is base histamine levels.
http://www.drugs.com/sfx/ranitidine-side-effects.html
h3 receptor inverse agonists are viewed as a potential treatment for ADHD as they may promote attention. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ciproxifan
Again, this is all very new. The classic ADHD drugs are still amphetamines and it's possible that there will be new insights into the role of mast cells and histamine levels in attention related disorders. Similar to those anecdotal reports of kids with autism being more likely to suffer from allergies.
Stuff is related but figuring out how is the problem. I don't know how long it will take medical researchers to integrate their knowledge but a condition like POIS is interesting as it appears to have symptoms from multiple physiological systems which are viewed as different specialities now. I.e. immunology, psychiatry, neurology and endocrinology. So in one respect, solving POIS may yield new light on other illnesses but in another it appears to be a rare disease with limited economic value from curing it...

Great value to us of course :D

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #17574 on: 08/01/2013 17:19:57 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums