The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome (POIS)  (Read 6450325 times)

Offline Gbolduev

• View Profile
Re: Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome (POIS)
« Reply #17600 on: 08/01/2013 22:12:37 »
Vincent,

Honestly , there is not such thing as POIS. It is  one of the  many metabolic imbalances. And I know  as much about this as there is... I am not claiming  to know everything about  body and  the system,  it is like playing  golf, yoeu can  always get better and better at it...But my swing  is pretty  damn good .  And I am  POIS free.  And I am here to  share my joy with you and help you  with what  I can . I spent 3 years on  this
You can be sceptical  , it is your right.. But I still  feel you and I would always help  you.

Good luck ,
Herman

Offline Gbolduev

• View Profile
« Reply #17601 on: 08/01/2013 22:26:37 »
And by the way , serotonin/Ne  ratio  is the same as   Dopamine/Serotonin ratio,   same as  Aldosterone   /Cortisol  and  same as Sodium/ Pottasium.   Which are all    Adrenal /Thyroid  ratios.    And the gap between  your adrenal and thyroid  is the  problem for  POIS sufferers/         

I hope you see this, sooner or later. 
Herman

P.S  this will be my  last post on this forum... You always can  contact me on my  e-mail gbolduev@mail.ru.  Thanks , it was a  pleasure/   Save my posts , read thru them, look for  proves for yourself , and you will realize that I am correct.

Offline nathan123

• View Profile
« Reply #17602 on: 09/01/2013 15:19:34 »
@ Heman,  Are you a doctor.  How are u describing your post in such technical way.

Offline Robtabasco51

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #17603 on: 09/01/2013 21:09:13 »
I've been having O's without any symptoms since I started on Trileptal 150 mg twice a day

Offline Nightingale

• View Profile
« Reply #17604 on: 09/01/2013 21:52:08 »
I've been having O's without any symptoms since I started on Trileptal 150 mg twice a day

That's really interesting.  Are you on any other medications besides Trileptal?  I was put on Trileptal and had serious intolerance to it.  I was in a psychiatric hospital at the time, and had such extreme dysphoria (feeling of being extremely unwell otherwise unexplained) that I was desperate to commit suicide.  Worst mental anguish I've ever experienced.  It's cousin, Lamictal wasn't as bad for me but still caused serious dysphoria.

Lithium has helped me a lot, have you been on it before?

Offline Nightingale

• View Profile
« Reply #17605 on: 09/01/2013 22:08:47 »
Robtabasco51, I saw that you posted early last year regarding Trileptal and your success with it.  Would you mind describing your symptoms after ejaculation before you started on Trileptal?  How long had you been suffering from those symptoms?

Offline jerryw

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #17606 on: 10/01/2013 06:20:29 »
Herman, thanks for taking the time to work with the rest of us POISers.  You have a good suggestion of putting all our blood work together.  There's a possibility that POIS is caused by different things in different people, but you're right, without tests and data, we can't know, and shouldn't assume. 

Offline B_Daniel

• View Profile
« Reply #17607 on: 10/01/2013 07:20:53 »
Has anybody taken Genova Diagnostics' NutrEval test???  I would be very interested to compare results if so.  I just got back a 21 page report with a crapton of data.  As Dana the blogger on Dana's Journey so elequently wrote on her blog " ...basic blood tests are Kindergarten level compared to the results you will receive from the NutrEval."  Suffice to say it's confusing.

Offline JACKMAN

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #17608 on: 10/01/2013 10:10:59 »
Pois is just a chasity belt, to stop us from being promisicuous as hell  >:(

Offline kurtosis

• View Profile
« Reply #17609 on: 10/01/2013 10:51:46 »

Similar to flunarazine it may reduce the onset / severity of seizures. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7936231
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oxcarbazepine
Interesting.

Offline kurtosis

• View Profile
« Reply #17610 on: 10/01/2013 10:53:01 »
Pois is just a chasity belt, to stop us from being promisicuous as hell  >:(
How promiscuous is that? :)
I don't know that POIS stopped me doing anything I would have otherwise done. It may even have caused the problem.

Offline JACKMAN

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #17611 on: 10/01/2013 12:44:45 »
if i didnt have these symptoms after ejaculation, i would of had alot more notches on the bedpost,  ;D
chasity belt was a bit strong it hasnt totally stopped me, but feeling  xx( afterwards certianly stops you being more impulsive when out and about.

Offline kurtosis

• View Profile
« Reply #17612 on: 10/01/2013 19:23:23 »
ah ok, I understand :)

Offline JP

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17613 on: 11/01/2013 15:16:23 »
Mod Interjection:

Hi folks.  As you know, the two moderators who kept an eye on this thread (demografx and daveman) left to start a new forum for POIS (poiscenter).  Due to this, and our limited moderator staff, we haven't been able to keep tabs on this thread as well as we'd like.  We'd greatly appreciate your help in keeping this thread on topic and preventing abuses of forum rules.  If you see posts here that seem out of line with forum policy (http://www.thenakedscientists.com/forum/index.php?topic=8535.0) or find that posters are prescribing experimental and unfounded treatments, please report those posts using the "report to moderator" button at the bottom of each post. 

Thanks in advance for your help!

Offline kurtosis

• View Profile
« Reply #17614 on: 11/01/2013 16:56:05 »
Mod Interjection:

Hi folks.  As you know, the two moderators who kept an eye on this thread (demografx and daveman) left to start a new forum for POIS (poiscenter).  Due to this, and our limited moderator staff, we haven't been able to keep tabs on this thread as well as we'd like.  We'd greatly appreciate your help in keeping this thread on topic and preventing abuses of forum rules.  If you see posts here that seem out of line with forum policy (http://www.thenakedscientists.com/forum/index.php?topic=8535.0) or find that posters are prescribing experimental and unfounded treatments, please report those posts using the "report to moderator" button at the bottom of each post. 

Thanks JP. Perhaps one of us could agree to moderate the forum in future?

Offline Nightingale

• View Profile
« Reply #17615 on: 11/01/2013 21:56:21 »
Mod Interjection:

Thanks for dropping by.  Will do!

Offline Omen 30

• View Profile
« Reply #17616 on: 12/01/2013 03:48:43 »
Today I have experienced a new symptom,I have got a stiff neck soon after an orgasm.is it something to do with the blood vessels in the brain?I am worried.

Offline kurtosis

• View Profile
« Reply #17617 on: 12/01/2013 12:40:56 »
Today I have experienced a new symptom,I have got a stiff neck soon after an orgasm.is it something to do with the blood vessels in the brain?I am worried.

Have a look at http://www.everydayhealth.com/neck-pain/stiff-neck-pain.aspx
I don't think that just because you have a stiff neck you should be worried that there's a problem with the blood vessels in your brain. Perhaps there is but the stiff neck doesn't help you decide either way.

Can you speak to your doctor about it?

Offline gabin

• View Profile
« Reply #17618 on: 12/01/2013 19:58:08 »
It's one of the most severe my symptoms (neck and back of head muscles become stone-solid after orgasm, causing severe headache). The only thing helps - NSAIDs.

Offline B_Daniel

• View Profile
« Reply #17619 on: 14/01/2013 05:28:44 »
I'm taking 200mg of sam-e and some methylcobalamin (B12) each day and I've been feeling 50% better than my baseline.  I at one point was taking 800mg of sam-e everyday, but now think that was too much.  I don't have all the answers, but just wanted to let others know that this has been helping me.  I've been taking these supplements, among others, for 3 months now. 

Offline Prancer

• View Profile
« Reply #17620 on: 14/01/2013 07:32:27 »
I'm taking 200mg of sam-e and some methylcobalamin (B12) each day and I've been feeling 50% better than my baseline.  I at one point was taking 800mg of sam-e everyday, but now think that was too much.  I don't have all the answers, but just wanted to let others know that this has been helping me.  I've been taking these supplements, among others, for 3 months now.

I'm really happy that you're feeling better! :D I'm about 40% better, but mainly it's because I've been abstaining from orgasm (not from sex or masturbating though) for about 3 weeks. I'm taking B12 too (cyano, but I realize now that the methyl B12 is better). I gotta buy more sam-e. I plan to keep abstaining for as long as possible to see what happens. Also, I want to be sure I don't have constant POIS, because that would really suck!

PS: I noticed that stress can also trigger POIS symptoms in me. Keep us updated!

Offline kurtosis

• View Profile
« Reply #17621 on: 14/01/2013 19:48:14 »

I'm really happy that you're feeling better! :D I'm about 40% better, but mainly it's because I've been abstaining from orgasm (not from sex or masturbating though) for about 3 weeks. I'm taking B12 too (cyano, but I realize now that the methyl B12 is better). I gotta buy more sam-e. I plan to keep abstaining for as long as possible to see what happens. Also, I want to be sure I don't have constant POIS, because that would really suck!

PS: I noticed that stress can also trigger POIS symptoms in me. Keep us updated!
I found an interesting paper that proposes a connection between the active forms of b12 (methylcobalamin and adenosylcobalamin) and BH4 in the creation of Nitric Oxide which plays a role in managing inflammation in the body.
http://www.encognitive.com/files/Cobalamin%20in%20inflammation%20III.pdf
Without sufficient NO blood vessels will not dilate adequately which can lead to ischemia.
I think this is interesting as migraine and indeed post coital headache may be caused by excessive constriction of blood vessels, perhaps in combination with excessive glutamate and histamine release.

There's also a connection between low bh4, Methyl-Cbl, mast cell disorders and chronic fatigue.
See http://www.thetenthparadigm.org/therapy.htm
which has links to other papers.

Currently, I'm taking the 3 capsules of thorne extra nutrients, evenly spaced throughout the waking day, and a fish oil with added vitamin D3.

Offline kurtosis

• View Profile
« Reply #17622 on: 14/01/2013 22:18:53 »
POIS has been a really unpleasant experience. Not fun at all. But if there's something POIS has thought me it's patience. Another is perseverance.

We may have an illness but that's no reason to treat people cruelly or to lash out at those who we feel do not understand our situation. True grace is knowing that you have a problem but facing the world with courage, kindness and humility. These are what I aspire to and curing POIS will always be secondary to these ideals.

Guess that's my thought for the day.

Offline Nightingale

• View Profile
« Reply #17623 on: 15/01/2013 03:12:55 »
POIS has been a really unpleasant experience. Not fun at all. But if there's something POIS has thought me it's patience. Another is perseverance.

We may have an illness but that's no reason to treat people cruelly or to lash out at those who we feel do not understand our situation. True grace is knowing that you have a problem but facing the world with courage, kindness and humility. These are what I aspire to and curing POIS will always be secondary to these ideals.

Guess that's my thought for the day.

Thanks for the thought kurtosis.  I have developed a radical patience in dealing with these challenges.  This illness has honed my humility into something I rely on as my primary coping tool.

With those connections you make from those papers, I have only to look at my mottled hands to find some supporting evidence.

Offline Omen 30

• View Profile
« Reply #17624 on: 15/01/2013 07:17:18 »
Should we get ourselves checked for brain aneurysm?I think I have one,cause the symptoms I have after orgasm like stiff neck,headache,confusion.I will talk about it to my doc,and I wish I am wrong:(

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #17624 on: 15/01/2013 07:17:18 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums