The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome (POIS)  (Read 6458203 times)

Offline kurtosis

• View Profile
Re: Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome (POIS)
« Reply #17800 on: 25/02/2013 09:01:12 »
Kurtosis' methylation helping some hurting others
Who did it hurt?

Well if you're an over-methylator and take sam-e, that'll make you worse, no? perhaps hurt was a poor choice of words, but didnt Jon try it and have to quickly stop

Hey it helped me, thats for sure. Just trying to make the point that we're not all the same

Not 100% sure about Jon. The methylation idea involves doing some genetic tests, seeing what mutations turn up, and adding / subtracting some supplements based on that. Taking SAMe is just one way of knowing if someone doesn't have enough SAMe.

Offline Gbolduev

• View Profile
« Reply #17801 on: 25/02/2013 09:29:00 »
Dear friend  and Nathan/

Testosterone shots are worthless/    Estrogen  dominance  is  copper imbalance/   Copper  equals  estrogen.  Zinc  equals  progesterone/     I keep telling you this  all for months now.  But you dont get it..  All this methylation   gene expresions,  HPAT axis  all  depend on  copper zinc thing/    Most of you  if not all of you  have pyroluria .  It is a  fact/  And  pyroluria is not cured only by zinc B6,  it depends which  side you are ,   either dopamine dominant or  serotonin  dominant/ 

Nathan in your case your thyroid  looks shut down as I told you before.   what will testosterone do  to you ?   decrease your  LH even furthur/    You are crazy if you do those shots/

Offline Gbolduev

• View Profile
« Reply #17802 on: 25/02/2013 09:43:14 »
Nathan  ,  you will  take testosterone and  most of it will convert back to DHT and estrogen /     fix your  copper imbalance  my friend  and you wont be estrogen  dominant/   Also   adrenals glands  when they are tired they use  progesterone to form cortisol,   when that happens  your body uses a lot of zinc  to do that and also  progesterone levels decrease,   this was   you become  estrogen dominant/    What does  testosterone has to do with it?    Shots will help you  for a little while and  then you will be even more estrogen  dominant.    DONT DO THIS/ 

You have to block  SBHG -  DHT -Estrogen bindings    with zinc  and  support your adrenals  by taking the stress off of them( with Calcium and Magnesium)  ,  and your estrogen dominance will  evaporate in  weeks/

Unreal how people just go for hormones,  Your LH and FSH levels are non existant now as it is, since your  hypotalamus  adrenal testicles axis is  totally blocked now.   Taking  testostrone  will  lower it even more.

Offline Vincent M

• View Profile
« Reply #17803 on: 25/02/2013 13:39:26 »
Herman, by what mechanism does copper increase estrogen?

Offline nathan123

• View Profile
« Reply #17804 on: 25/02/2013 14:30:32 »
Nathan  ,  you will  take testosterone and  most of it will convert back to DHT and estrogen /     fix your  copper imbalance  my friend  and you wont be estrogen  dominant/   Also   adrenals glands  when they are tired they use  progesterone to form cortisol,   when that happens  your body uses a lot of zinc  to do that and also  progesterone levels decrease,   this was   you become  estrogen dominant/    What does  testosterone has to do with it?    Shots will help you  for a little while and  then you will be even more estrogen  dominant.    DONT DO THIS/ 

You have to block  SBHG -  DHT -Estrogen bindings    with zinc  and  support your adrenals  by taking the stress off of them( with Calcium and Magnesium)  ,  and your estrogen dominance will  evaporate in  weeks/

Unreal how people just go for hormones,  Your LH and FSH levels are non existant now as it is, since your  hypotalamus  adrenal testicles axis is  totally blocked now.   Taking  testostrone  will  lower it even more.

Hi Herman, pl specify correclty which medicine at what does required to take to fix this problem.  Further whether you required copper blood and zinc blood test. 

Offline nathan123

• View Profile
« Reply #17805 on: 26/02/2013 13:42:41 »
Hi,  friends,  as Herman suggested, today I undertook measurement of zinc and copper in the serum.  Interestingly my zinc level in serum is normal i.e. 110 whereas the normal range is 60 to 120.   Further, I am not copper toxic or deficient, my copper serum level is normal, it is 96 whereas the normal range is 80 to 140.  So, it is clear that I am not having imbalance in metabolism rather the problem is hormonal imbalance i.e. high estrogen.  It seems there are different varities of POIS exists like hormonal imbalance, metal imbalance as per herman and many more. 

I consulted the doctor to increase TRT and decrease estrogen.  But here the risk factor is there is chance of loss of sperm count.  Hence, I decided to not to take the risk, rather I will try natural food to increase Testerstone and decrease Estrogen.  Hoping for success in this time. 

with regards,

nathan.

Offline gondal4

• View Profile
« Reply #17806 on: 26/02/2013 16:55:52 »
which tests should i do? goldbudev ,please name them.

Offline gondal4

• View Profile
« Reply #17807 on: 26/02/2013 17:20:45 »
what is test name for gene thing?

It's done through 23andme.com
~$108 in the US and it takes 4-6 weeks to get the results.
But what is the name of test?

Offline CertainlyPOIS

• View Profile
« Reply #17808 on: 26/02/2013 18:31:43 »
what is test name for gene thing?

It's done through 23andme.com
~$108 in the US and it takes 4-6 weeks to get the results.
But what is the name of test?
https://www.23andme.com/health/
this is the health test: it is basically a genetic test. Just add it to cart, to buy it. They will ask you to created a profile.

Offline Gbolduev

• View Profile
« Reply #17809 on: 26/02/2013 20:39:43 »
Nathan

Who cares about  zinc and copper in serum.  Those tests are crap.  Estrogen dominance is copper toxicity  inside of the cell, brain and liver.  I would never suggest you to test serum copper or zinc,   those are completely inaccurate/
When estrogen is high  copper is high  and vice versa,   pregant women retain copper  as their estrogen skyrockets,  that is done against  infections. 
What hormones?  hormones are  secondary to minerals/   YOu have   shut down  thyroid , take what I told you to take, and you will be cured.    Naturally raise testosterone?       that is the funniest thing  I have ever  heard.    You will increase LH or   you will   unbind  estrogen from  SBHG  ,   both are done with zinc.    ZINC increases progesterone,  and   take estrogen down, since  it chelates copper

Offline kurtosis

• View Profile
« Reply #17810 on: 26/02/2013 21:18:28 »
Make sure you're not vitamin D deficient if you want to increase testosterone levels.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21154195
Oral d3 is not as efficient as exposure to sunlight.Oral D3 is only toxic in large dosages of over > 40k IU. http://www.vitamindcouncil.org/about-vitamin-d/what-is-vitamin-d/vitamin-d-toxicity/

You won't get that from a multivitamin so multivitamins are safe.  I've noticed that the POIS sufferers who shared their genetic profiles with me & my own have VDR mutations indicating we may need extra vitamin D. I've been wondering if anyone actually has a double mutation & generally what our bone density is like.
An extreme form of vitamin d resistance produced by multiple mutations leads to rickets.  http://jcem.endojournals.org/content/82/9/3156.full

Offline CertainlyPOIS

• View Profile
« Reply #17811 on: 27/02/2013 03:01:53 »
Nathan

Who cares about  zinc and copper in serum.  Those tests are crap.  Estrogen dominance is copper toxicity  inside of the cell, brain and liver.  I would never suggest you to test serum copper or zinc,   those are completely inaccurate/
When estrogen is high  copper is high  and vice versa,   pregant women retain copper  as their estrogen skyrockets,  that is done against  infections. 
What hormones?  hormones are  secondary to minerals/   YOu have   shut down  thyroid , take what I told you to take, and you will be cured.    Naturally raise testosterone?       that is the funniest thing  I have ever  heard.    You will increase LH or   you will   unbind  estrogen from  SBHG  ,   both are done with zinc.    ZINC increases progesterone,  and   take estrogen down, since  it chelates copper

He has also done the test you asked for and you still havn't given him a proper regimen. If you can't help him what is your goal asking others to the same test.
we are not your test samples for your theories that you don't give any scientific papers to support or tell us the source of your theories.

This are the test you asked for.
electrolytes
2) Thyroid, TSH  T3 T4
3) ionized calcium and magnesium
4) Ferritin
5) Iron
6) Ceruplasmin

Offline Gbolduev

• View Profile
« Reply #17812 on: 27/02/2013 06:17:17 »
CertainlyPOIS

Nathan was given his regimen. You would know that if you carefully read  my previous posts. 
I am not here to prove anything to anyone. Plus  I  am not taking  any more people/ I dont do this for living and I have an agreement with some people on this forum. B_Daniel  specifically  that after he is cured  ,  he would  help and direct others/   
So the proof of  this theory will come as a cure not as some bs studies. 

Every single doctor  knows that  estrogen dominance  and copper imbalance  are  like twins.  it is like proving that  2 plus 2 is 4.

Offline nathan123

• View Profile
« Reply #17813 on: 27/02/2013 11:07:42 »
CertainlyPOIS

Nathan was given his regimen. You would know that if you carefully read  my previous posts. 
I am not here to prove anything to anyone. Plus  I  am not taking  any more people/ I dont do this for living and I have an agreement with some people on this forum. B_Daniel  specifically  that after he is cured  ,  he would  help and direct others/   
So the proof of  this theory will come as a cure not as some bs studies. 

Every single doctor  knows that  estrogen dominance  and copper imbalance  are  like twins.  it is like proving that  2 plus 2 is 4.

Hi, I want to clear to this forum that, German has not insisted me to undergo copper and zinc serum test.  He just seen my estrogen report and other test such as electrolytes, iron, ceruplasmin and suggested me to take some vitamins to overcome POIS.  I on my own behalf has undergone copper and zinc test, to test.  That's all. 

I will follow what german suggested and let's see the result.  Thank you for the help german.  Another interesting thing is I am vitamin D deficient, and I am thinking whether it is the cause for low testerstone.

Offline kurtosis

• View Profile
« Reply #17814 on: 27/02/2013 11:21:12 »
A classic from the Journal of Biological Chemistry from 1988.
http://www.jbc.org/content/264/10/5598.full.pdf
This study also indicates that resistance to metal toxicity in copper-resistant hepatoma cells is due to increases in both cellular GSH and MT. Furthermore, it is suggested that elevated levels of GSH peroxidase allows cells to more efficiently accommodate an increased cellular hydrogen peroxide flux that may occur as a consequence of elevated levels of cytoplasmic copper

Offline kurtosis

• View Profile
« Reply #17815 on: 27/02/2013 11:31:42 »

Offline romies

• View Profile
« Reply #17816 on: 27/02/2013 17:01:13 »
What I wish I'd done a few years ago is listen to a friend who suggested that my symptoms suggested sleep apnea.  I thought that was very unlikely as I don't snore much, am thin, young etc.  It turns out that the myth about sleep apnea being mainly for fat old men has long been disproven, with all ages from young children upwards being diagnosed with Obstructive Sleep Apnea  or Upper Airway Resistance Syndrome: both sleep breathing disorders.

I've done a sleep study last year: despite pretty severe POIS symptoms, no sleep apnea was found. oxygen levels were good throughout the night

if you have problems with CAPS, you could try nasal strips, if the obstruction comes from mucus in your nose.
http://www.amazon.com/Breathe-Right-Advanced-Nasal-Strips/dp/B005VLURWO [nofollow]

This double strip type works particularly well to keep my nasal passage clear than the old  single-strip type.
you may want to use rubbing alcohol to clean the skin oil on your nose before applying the strip at night.

Offline romies

• View Profile
« Reply #17817 on: 27/02/2013 17:07:14 »

DHT can be easily blocked by low dose of finasteride (1mg/day)
and excessive Estrogen can be quickly (in days) corrected by Clomid without the side effect of T replacement therapy.

Both are prescription drugs, and you need to consult your physician.

Offline romies

• View Profile
« Reply #17818 on: 27/02/2013 17:10:39 »
I was Vitamin D deficient and have a VDR mutation. taking oral D3 2000IU every morning has a marked effect on day-time alertness and better sleep at night. If I miss the dose 1 day, i will notice poor sleep the night after immediately.

Make sure you're not vitamin D deficient if you want to increase testosterone levels.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21154195 [nofollow]
Oral d3 is not as efficient as exposure to sunlight.Oral D3 is only toxic in large dosages of over > 40k IU. http://www.vitamindcouncil.org/about-vitamin-d/what-is-vitamin-d/vitamin-d-toxicity/ [nofollow]

You won't get that from a multivitamin so multivitamins are safe.  I've noticed that the POIS sufferers who shared their genetic profiles with me & my own have VDR mutations indicating we may need extra vitamin D. I've been wondering if anyone actually has a double mutation & generally what our bone density is like.
An extreme form of vitamin d resistance produced by multiple mutations leads to rickets.  http://jcem.endojournals.org/content/82/9/3156.full [nofollow]

Offline kurtosis

• View Profile
« Reply #17819 on: 27/02/2013 18:11:08 »
I was Vitamin D deficient and have a VDR mutation. taking oral D3 2000IU every morning has a marked effect on day-time alertness and better sleep at night. If I miss the dose 1 day, i will notice poor sleep the night after immediately.

Oral d3 is not as efficient as exposure to sunlight.Oral D3 is only toxic in large dosages of over > 40k IU. http://www.vitamindcouncil.org/about-vitamin-d/what-is-vitamin-d/vitamin-d-toxicity/

An extreme form of vitamin d resistance produced by multiple mutations leads to rickets.  http://jcem.endojournals.org/content/82/9/3156.full

Good to hear. I take about 2000IU / day also. Between work commitments keeping me indoors and the climate where I live, it would be difficult to get enough vitamin D. Oral Vitamin D3 isn't an expensive supplement :)

Offline CertainlyPOIS

• View Profile
« Reply #17820 on: 27/02/2013 18:36:28 »

Good to hear. I take about 2000IU / day also. Between work commitments keeping me indoors and the climate where I live, it would be difficult to get enough vitamin D. Oral Vitamin D3 isn't an expensive supplement :)

I also have low vitamind d eventhough i drink lots of milk.  i have not got my genetic test back. Does vdr mutation reduce vitamin d uptake or does it affect vitd utilization.

Offline kurtosis

• View Profile
« Reply #17821 on: 27/02/2013 21:20:33 »

I also have low vitamind d eventhough i drink lots of milk.  i have not got my genetic test back. Does vdr mutation reduce vitamin d uptake or does it affect vitd utilization.
uptake http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calcitriol_receptor
But if you had a very serious mutation preventing uptake (as in vitamin D resistant rickets), you'd know about it. It's not something that wouldn't be diagnosed, as there are obvious physical characteristics and symptoms.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rickets
Perhaps it's a mild uptake inhibition and merely requires greater vitamin D supplementation.

Offline Gbolduev

• View Profile
« Reply #17822 on: 28/02/2013 04:51:56 »
Romies

You have to be kidding me with Finasteride.   Effectively  blocked?   Finasteride is  POISON.   I have  people  who are trying to overcome the effects of that crap for years.  Stay away from that stuff/    Some  reports POIS symptoms from using  finasteride.

Offline nathan123

• View Profile
« Reply #17823 on: 28/02/2013 15:43:06 »
Hi important, from the past one week, I have taken Vitamin B6 tablets daily 40 mg.  Yesterday, I feel some imbalance in legs, and I undergone Vit B6 test and shocking to know that my Vit B6 level has excess.  Doctors warned me to not to take these without proving having pyoulria disease.  Hence, I request each and every one of you not to take this without doctors supervision.  Don't make harm to your body.  Now I am ok after decreasing Vit B6 level. 
« Last Edit: 28/02/2013 16:43:36 by nathan123 »

Offline nathan123

• View Profile
« Reply #17824 on: 28/02/2013 15:45:18 »
Another thing is I tested for my copper blood test and as per this my copper level is normal.  Is there any chance of copper toxicity in liver / brain even though serum is normal.  pl help. 

Further, another good news, I am finding new way to reduce / completely eliminate the POIS symptoms after ejaculation.  Presently it is reducing POIS symtoms but not preventing POIS.  I will post this after trying and confirming further one week. 

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #17824 on: 28/02/2013 15:45:18 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums

Login
Login with username, password and session length