The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome (POIS)  (Read 6441149 times)

Offline RD

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Re: Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome (POIS)
« Reply #18375 on: 26/06/2013 00:24:04 »
I have splinter hemorrhages. Not as much today but more some years ago.

If not due to trauma, (e.g. hitting the wrong nail with a hammer), then you should definitely report [recurring] splinter haemorrhages to your doctor. [ Take some pictures of them with the date on to show your doctor ].

Offline shen mue

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #18376 on: 26/06/2013 07:13:42 »
since last year I felt stabbing in the bladder/prostate area half an hour after arousal without an 'O'
this happens only 3 times max

does anyone have had a similar experience, did I harm my bladder/prostate or is it a muscle nerve problem?

I've never had pain or POIS symptoms from sexual activity that doesn't end in orgasm.

Rarely if I have two orgasms quickly in a row within only a few minutes I get an intense, unbearable, burning pain that I suspect is originating from my prostate. The pain is so strong that I'll need to drink 3-5 beers in order to make it disappear and it usually lasts for about an hour or maybe 2. I've noticed that this pain is also more likely to occur if I have an ejaculation soon after drinking alcohol. It has only been happening the last 2-3 years so it started 3-4 years after my POIS developed.

I have some CPPS and Hard Flaccid and what the two of you describe sounds exactly like some minor symptoms of it. I recommend going for a walk afterwards, doing some soft yoga or doing some internal trigger point massage in your pelvic floor. sounds uncomfortable, but if the pain gets worse it should do the trick (at least it does for me)...

Offline RD

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18377 on: 26/06/2013 15:02:31 »
since last year I felt stabbing in the bladder/prostate area half an hour after arousal without an 'O' this happens only 3 times max

does anyone have had a similar experience, did I harm my bladder/prostate or is it a muscle nerve problem?

... The pain is so strong that I'll need to drink 3-5 beers in order to make it disappear and it usually lasts for about an hour or maybe 2. I've noticed that this pain is also more likely to occur if I have an ejaculation soon after drinking alcohol.

Alcohol can be the cause of such problems rather than a therapy ...

Quote from: wikipedia.org/Alcoholic_polyneuropathy
Pain experienced by individuals depends on the severity of the polyneuropathy. It may be dull and constant in some individuals while being sharp and lancinating [aka stabbing] in others .... Certain people may also feel cramping sensations in the muscles affected and others say there is a burning sensation
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alcoholic_polyneuropathy

Vasculitis can also cause neuropathy : vasculitic neuropathy
« Last Edit: 26/06/2013 15:06:29 by RD »

Offline sadandfrustrated

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #18378 on: 26/06/2013 23:45:27 »
Hello everyone:

I have been a silent observer of this forum for the past 4 or 5 years.

I am 18 to 22 years old and have greatly suffered from all the symptoms that you do as well.

Right now, I'm in a very dark place. So, I've decided to finally join the forum and ask for your help.

I noticed that Glodulev? and Nathan had both found solutions that have worked so far.

Would it be possible to ask for a hard guideline on how I would go about curing myself like they did?

I have tried Niacin, Benadryll and the other treatments to no avail.

Please help. I feel like my life is a waste and that there is no future for me. I just want to escape from his living hell. Sometimes, I feel like there's no point in living on.....  :-'( :-'(

Offline Prancer

• View Profile
« Reply #18379 on: 27/06/2013 07:53:48 »
Hello everyone:

I am 18 to 22 years old and have greatly suffered from all the symptoms that you do as well.

Right now, I'm in a very dark place. So, I've decided to finally join the forum and ask for your help.

I noticed that Glodulev? and Nathan had both found solutions that have worked so far.

Would it be possible to ask for a hard guideline on how I would go about curing myself like they did?

Please help. I feel like my life is a waste and that there is no future for me. I just want to escape from his living hell. Sometimes, I feel like there's no point in living on.....  :-'( :-'(
welcome sadandfrustrated,

you've been a silent reader for a long time - way, way longer than i have.
it's great that you're posting. so about herman and nathan's solutions, i'll leave those q's for someone like b_daniel who likely has more knowledge about those two solutions than i do. but again, welcome and hopefully you'll find something that works well for you.

johanstefansson

« Reply #18380 on: 27/06/2013 16:16:41 »
I just got my tests back from the doctor. Was a blood test and result is I dont have IgE antibodies against sperm and doctor concluding can not be allergy.

What a disappointment, in a way.

Offline Jonas STHLM

• View Profile
« Reply #18381 on: 27/06/2013 19:15:11 »
I just got my tests back from the doctor. Was a blood test and result is I dont have IgE antibodies against sperm and doctor concluding can not be allergy.

Where did you get tested?

Offline sadandfrustrated

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #18382 on: 27/06/2013 20:21:47 »
Hi Prancer,

Thank you for the words of welcome.

I have been avoiding talking to doctors about this problem after constantly getting the cold shoulder. Should I keep looking for a helpful physician?

Offline Prancer

• View Profile
« Reply #18383 on: 27/06/2013 21:58:37 »
it's totally up to you. in my case, since first getting pois nearly a decade ago in august when i was 14 i've always known that any doctor i saw would have no idea what my problem was. still, in the early days of having pois i did go to about 3 or 4 doctors and just like i thought, they found nothing wrong. it's not necessarily their fault though (if i were them i probably wouldn't know what it was either because it's so new).

however, if you do lots research and find a really good one that's very open minded, then you have good chance. even show him/her this forum. there are lots of open-minded doctors out there willing to look at every possible cause, but sadly most of them just go by what they already understand. even so, in the near future we are expecting some good researchers taking at look at pois and trying their best to find a solution.

good luck, hopefully you'll find the perfect doctor!

Offline Mer

• View Profile
« Reply #18384 on: 28/06/2013 05:05:01 »
how do you guys avoid wet dreams? I'm getting once a week.

Offline fornicationDENIED2

• View Profile
« Reply #18385 on: 28/06/2013 16:49:49 »

I want to recall an important point.
There are 2 ways (at least) to explain allergic symptoms in Pois.
First is allergy to sperm. But IgE are the mediators for type I allergy only.
Second is histamine release after orgasm.

--

For the first time I have a new symptoms in Pois Day 1, blurred vision.
It seems linked to general fatigue and visual fatigue. It was a tiring week for me.
At wake, my long distance view is blurred. The symptom is slowly decreasing after some hours.
Allergy is not the only thing that can cause histamine release from mast cells, examples are opioids and acetycholine. There is a presence of cholinergic muscarinic receptors on mast cells, but there is not many info available about that. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1279398/
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14742371

Offline B_Daniel

• View Profile
« Reply #18386 on: 29/06/2013 17:41:01 »
Hello everyone:

it's great that you're posting. so about herman and nathan's solutions, i'll leave those q's for someone like b_daniel who likely has more knowledge about those two solutions than i do. but again, welcome and hopefully you'll find something that works well for you.

As far as i know, the supplements Nathan used in his cure can only be found in India.  I wish we had another Indian POISer who would try this protocol but so far it appears as if we don't.  It's kinda frustrating actually.

If you want to work with Herman you need to get a hair test analysis performed through ARL, which will cost about $150.  Many people, including myself, have been helped by Herman but to date many fewer have been cured. 

johanstefansson

« Reply #18387 on: 30/06/2013 10:45:03 »

Where did you get tested?

Vårdcentral i Göteborg

Offline kurtosis

• View Profile
« Reply #18388 on: 30/06/2013 12:04:22 »
Hi guys, I am new to this forum. I really think I am on to something here. It is very different from what I have believed before regarding my symptoms.
I wanted to share my struggle and recent success with fighting POIS. From my experience with it, I believe that POIS is a form of a lipid disorder that leads to the other downstream effects we all have experienced.
I have been struggling with the effects of this syndrome for about 7 years until the last few weeks. Previously after ejaculation, within 1/2 hour I would start feeling brain fog, really tired, sore eyes, complete lack of focus/retention of anything new, general sickness, complete lack of sex drive, muscle weakness, and soreness in my joints which increased for about 2 days and then would begin to subside and I would feel normal again after about 6 days.
These symptoms began during my undergraduate years and I'm now in my doctorate to become a health care professional. These symptoms have basically ruined my life especially when it come to trying to treat patients on days where I can't even remember how to do basic things I have learned because of the disorder.
I recently started drinking olive oil, increased the amount of fat in my diet, and take fenugreek and I noticed that I would feel a LOT better. Then it made me start thinking about why that may be. I know that one thing that I changed around the time I began feeling POIS symptoms 7 years ago was that, I completely eliminate most fats from my diet. I would not eat anything fried or heavy/ etc. After sometime, I realized that when I would eat something fatty, I would get headaches and it would exacerbate my symptoms if I had recently ejaculated. Therefore as a result, I would continue to completely avoid fats/ oily food. So as to propose a mechanism of action for the disorder, I know a lot about physiological science but this explanation to me doesn't make sure sense for now but its what I believe from what I have experienced. I believe that after ejaculation, something is happening with our lipids. Perhaps they are being used as an energy source for the ejaculation and if the lipid levels are too low, our bodies are getting the energy sources from somewhere else that it is not suppose to be. Maybe proteins and as a result your body is breaking down specific proteins for energy that it shouldn't be so our bodies ellicit an antibody mediate response against our own proteins which leads to the symptoms that seem like an autoimmune disease. I find that when I increased the amount of oils/ lipids in my body via eating a higher fat diet, drinking olive oil, and fenugreek my symptoms seem like they are going to come on but then are COMPLETELY GONE WITHIN A FEW HOURS!!! Within the last 2-3 weeks, I haven't felt more than 10% of the original POIS symtoms at any time. I have had sex probably 20 times during that time period because it has been almost a decade since I could enjoy sex and not feel my impending doom afterwards. I never in my life to say this after all the doctors I have seen who didn't know what to tell me. In addition, I have been taking a test booster (Kiazen PM) but I don't know if that has anything to do with the results, I was just taking that for my loss of libido/ low test symptoms from the POIS. Guys, I really hope this is something that will help everyone. If you guys could try this and let me know, that will be great. I am almost in tears while writing this post because POIS has ruined a large period of time in my life that I will never get back. Now, I have been having sex and feeling great for almost 3 weeks now. I will provide an update on how I feel in a couple weeks and let you know if anything has changed. I hope this can be a new beginning for everyone.

I'm back after a long and non-POIS related illness.
The fat consumption suggestion is a really interesting idea. The connection could be Acetylcholine and Acetyl-CoA.
The latter is used in fatty acid synthesis.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acetyl-CoA
The former is a neurotransmitter of the parasympathetic nervous system.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acetylcholine
I noticed that I felt most drained not after an O but after a night when I had many erections. These require Acetylcholine to be produced, using up the bodies supply of Acetyl CoA. It's very difficult to talk about symptoms of high and low acetylcholine as it will cycle. i.e. anyone who has looked at it will notice that high and low Acetylcholine have similar symptoms. Examples include concentration issues and eye control problems which may mimic a mild form of myasthenia gravis.
(I don't have myasthenia gravis - although the antibodies test appears to not be 100% reliable - but I definitely have POIS related eye muscle control problems).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myasthenia_gravis

Glucose metabolism also reduces Acetyl-CoA levels in favour of Malonyl-CoA (I think) and many of us report feeling "brain fog" after consuming a lot of sugary drinks. I know I do.

Acetyl-CoA depletion may also produce symptoms of hypoglycemia and hunger as the person cannot adequately convert fats into energy.

Fat intake may increase the rate of synthesis of Acetyl-CoA and perhaps, as a byproduct of this, permit a faster normalising of the levels of acetylcholine following an erection. Ideally, this would be supported by vitamins B1, vitamin B5 (multivitamins have enough b5 tbh) and possibly additional acetyl-carnitine.
Carnitine has been positively evaluated for treatment of Malonyl-CoA decarboxylase deficiency
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malonyl-CoA_decarboxylase_deficiency
Acetyl-carnitine is an acetylcholine receptor agonist.
As Herman has pointed out a few times, nicotine mimics acetylcholine at its respective receptors also.

I read a theory of acne a few years back that suggested low Acetyl-CoA was a contributing factor as it would increase fats in the sebacious glands. I'm saying "contributing factor" rather than cause and I know that there are POIS sufferers who don't have acne.

Anyway, Acetyl-CoA is one more thing to think about.

Offline urano75

• View Profile
« Reply #18389 on: 30/06/2013 16:34:25 »

If you want to work with Herman you need to get a hair test analysis performed through ARL, which will cost about $150.  Many people, including myself, have been helped by Herman but to date many fewer have been cured.

Actually while working with Herman for about two months I've seen some improvements, in particular recurring viral infections have disappeared, and an ongoing fungal infection is getting under control, all things which drained my energy a lot and aggravated POIS. Seasonal allergies look slightly improved too.
Also, I've been able to wean off all the hormones I was on (thyroid and adrenals) and to simplify my regimen somewhat (e.g. methylation didn't really make a difference in my case).
Finally, my POIS is lighter and lasts about half a day after sex, and I have experienced times of improved libido, even though it seems I need finding my optimal balance yet.
I associate most of my improvements to the introduction of manganese and rebalancing zinc, copper and manganese intake, which is still work in progress anyway.
At this point I personally believe that hairtest can give some useful insight, yet I would not use it without blood (and possibly salivar when needed) diagnostics, and objective signs observation (body temperature and pressure) because I prefer seeing how different systems match rather than relying on one alone.

Offline Gbolduev

• View Profile
« Reply #18390 on: 30/06/2013 16:42:04 »
Kurtosis,

I like your thinking.  About a month ago I was asked by some professor in Russia the  reason  of  the muscle  weakness after  ejaculation.  I was thinking long about it, and  I  came up with  mysthenia  gravis, same as you.
to me POIS is definetely  low and high acetylcholine.   Acetylcholine  parallels  DHT, since acetylchoine is supressed by progesterone.  So basically  when you have low acetylcholine  that means  you have low DHT.  And DHT could be the cause of POIS  in this case.   lManganese is used to  treat mysthenia gravis.  Manganese increases  acetylcholine, increases  DHT.    Zinc  decreases  DHT and acetylcholine, since it chelates  manganese.   SO basically  you need a certain ratio with iron zinc copper and  manganese to   get rid of POIS.

I am looking for the pefect ratio among these four/  But   for POIS  you just need to balance zinc with manganese.     Candida problem will go also /

Offline meteo74

• View Profile
« Reply #18391 on: 30/06/2013 17:43:15 »

HI REM
Stay away Gunn masturbation and views of nudity and then wait for a time until your body get used to it

• View Profile
« Reply #18392 on: 30/06/2013 18:09:20 »
I have a question.
How can Myasthenia gravis affect the intestines? I assume it would cause constipation with lack of acetycholine, but after sex could this cause a serotonin excess?
The intestinal issues seem to be ignored on this illness, I can't find information.

Offline kurtosis

• View Profile
« Reply #18393 on: 30/06/2013 18:15:20 »
CoA synthesis which is a precursor to Acetyl CoA production in lipid metabolism involves cysteine (back to methylation) and vitamin b5.

On another note, I have a hunch that anyone who responds to niacin, niacinamide or NADH and has their POIS symptoms improved by taking whey protein may get some of the same benefits by trying nicotinamide riboside. Hydrolysed whey has a bunch of useful benefits beyond building muscles. It contains easily absorbed amino acids together with interesting forms of vitamins such as nicotinamide riboside. Anecdotally and in empirical study, whey seems to promote relaxation and vasodilation i.e. it has an anti-hypertensive effect. Some of what we experience in POIS feels like hypertension which I associate with imbalances in NO production.

Anyway, I will see if nicotinamide riboside works the same or better than whey for me & report back at some stage. I'm happy with whey hydroslates so far.

johanstefansson

« Reply #18394 on: 30/06/2013 21:01:57 »
Encouraging to see everyone here so determed to help out.

Just want to add I had much acne as young and always gets acne after ejaculation.
« Last Edit: 30/06/2013 21:24:19 by johanstefansson »

Offline kurtosis

• View Profile
« Reply #18395 on: 30/06/2013 21:08:04 »
I'm not saying I or anybody else with POIS has MG. Just that some of the symptoms of MG which are attributed to low acetylcholine levels are similar.

• View Profile
« Reply #18396 on: 30/06/2013 21:09:33 »
A female patient with a three year history of Crohn's disease of the colon developed myasthenia gravis. Despite diversion of the faecal stream by an ileostomy, and total colectomy, the patient had continuing problems with perineal and perianal abscesses and fistulas. Her myasthenia gravis became unresponsive to anti-cholinergics so a thymectomy was performed. The perineal and perianal disease improved subsequently. This case supports the theory that functional disturbances of the thymus may have a role in the pathogenesis of inflammatory bowel disease.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1374509/

Thymic abnormalities are clearly associated with myasthenia gravis but the nature of the association is uncertain. Ten percent of patients with myasthenia gravis have a thymic tumor and 70% have hyperplastic changes (germinal centers) that indicate an active immune response. These are areas within lymphoid tissue where B-cells interact with helper T-cells to produce antibodies. Because the thymus is the central organ for immunological self-tolerance, it is reasonable to suspect that thymic abnormalities cause the breakdown in tolerance that causes an immune-mediated attack on AChR in myasthenia gravis. The thymus contains all the necessary elements for the pathogenesis of myasthenia gravis: myoid cells that express the AChR antigen, antigen presenting cells, and immunocompetent T-cells. Thymus tissue from patients with myasthenia gravis produces AChR antibodies when implanted into immunodeficient mice. - See more at: http://www.myasthenia.org/HealthProfessionals/ClinicalOverviewofMG.aspx#sthash.PfxL2dTB.dpuf

Autoimmune diseases are caused by a hyperactive immune system that instead of attacking foreign pathogens reacts against the host organism (self) causing disease. One of the primary functions of the thymus is to prevent autoimmunity through the process of central tolerance, immunologic tolerance to self antigens.
The thymus is largest and most active during the neonatal and pre-adolescent periods. By the early teens, the thymus begins to atrophy and thymic stroma is replaced by adipose (fat) tissue. Nevertheless, residual T lymphopoiesis continues throughout adult life.
Around pre adolescent- adolecent time periods I developed both POIS and Crohn disease, POIS first though. I think I obtained negative results from IgG and IgA antibodies, wich made me disregard Myastenia Gravis some time ago, and MG does not explain my diarrhea just after orgasm.

Offline Gbolduev

• View Profile
« Reply #18397 on: 30/06/2013 21:54:38 »
Same as Kurtosis, I dont  think anyone has myasthenia gravis here at the clinical form of it.   And also I think we are talking only about one case  of POIS here,   with low acetylcholine and low DHT. 
One time I was taking  too much zinc, and   my progesterone  went way up  and my DHT  went way down. 
My estrogen was  down my dht was down , and my progesterone up. 

So at the same  time I was thinking and experimenting with acetylcholine ,  myastenia gravis  manganese  and acetylcholine connection with  DHT.
I took 2 pills of saw palmetto,  in 15 minutes I had POIS without even  sex.   
So I poisoned myself on purpose .AHAHA   Since saw palmetto  lowered my low DHT

then I took 50 mg of manganese.  POIS was gone  within 1 hour completely

I am wondering  how many people got POIS from  Finasterid.
Since in  low DHT layout , that is exactly what  that is

I dont recommend anyone  screwing with your neurotransmitters,   niacin  raises  acetylcholine , lowers thyroid hormones and progesterone.
You need to get balanced,  only  that way  you can help yourself...You need to chelate  free copper, since that interferes with  manganese and zinc.

To do all that, you need to lock your metabolism  in the middle,  it is very hard to do.   Since no matter what you are taking   you will go from  side to side, and you will get POIS in both sides.   

Offline B_Daniel

• View Profile
« Reply #18398 on: 01/07/2013 06:18:30 »

I'm back after a long and non-POIS related illness.

Very nice to have you back, Kurtosis

Offline gondal4

• View Profile
« Reply #18399 on: 01/07/2013 08:31:38 »
Hello everyone:

As far as i know, the supplements Nathan used in his cure can only be found in India.  I wish we had another Indian POISer who would try this protocol but so far it appears as if we don't.  It's kinda frustrating actually.

i live in pak near india i will try to get these medicnies and will try them

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #18399 on: 01/07/2013 08:31:38 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums

Login
Login with username, password and session length