The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome (POIS)  (Read 6455339 times)

Offline B_Daniel

• View Profile
Re: Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome (POIS)
« Reply #18400 on: 01/07/2013 09:15:10 »
i live in pak near india i will try to get these medicnies and will try them

that would be really great!

johanstefansson

« Reply #18401 on: 01/07/2013 10:50:49 »
Throwing out some ideas I have had, looking for others to find similarities.

- I had dental braces for 4 years. Could some metal in it have changed something in me.
- I do believe to be somewhat allergic to toothpaste, could this change something, maybe its high on flour and flour destroying some other chemical. I think i have noticed feeling better when not using toothpaste.
- Do we eat too little sallad and vegetables? I know I often do.

Offline Jonas STHLM

• View Profile
« Reply #18402 on: 01/07/2013 11:42:58 »
I like to know if POIS can be linked to trauma or PTSD, any thoughts?

johanstefansson

« Reply #18403 on: 01/07/2013 17:26:10 »
Do we have a winner here! ?

From
http://drlwilson.com/articles/TOXIC%20METALS.htm
http://drlwilson.com/articles/CADMIUM.htm
http://toxipedia.org/plugins/servlet/mobile#content/view/2818958
http://www.osha.gov/SLTC/cadmium/

Cadmium is called the pseudo-macho or the violent element.  Like lead, it is an older male mineral that is associated with macho behavior, violence and horror.  People who have orgasms more than once a week tend to accumulate cadmium, probably because it replaces zinc in the male testicles and even in women’s ovaries.  Male and female sexual fluids are rich in zinc, and when one loses too much of these, cadmium from the environment seems to replace the zinc in the body.

Acute exposure to cadmium fumes may cause flu like symptoms including chills, fever, and muscle ache sometimes referred to as "the cadmium blues." Symptoms may resolve after a week if there is no respiratory damage. More severe exposures can cause tracheo-bronchitis, pneumonitis, and pulmonary edema. Symptoms of inflammation may start hours after the exposure and include cough, dryness and irritation of the nose and throat, headache, dizziness, weakness, fever, chills, and chest pain.

A powerful crutch for the kidneys and adrenal glands.  Cadmium also powerfully irritates and in this way boosts adrenal activity, although it does this in a rather violent way, not a healthful manner.

Symptoms of cadmium exposure are increased loss of small proteins in the urine, salivation, choking, vomiting, metallic taste, loss of sense of smell, joint pain and others (Longe, 2005).

There is no known mechanism, but it is thought that the fact that cadmium's 2+ oxidation state helps disguise it as calcium or zinc inside the body (Sutoo et al., 1990).
Excessive cadmium shows as lack of calcium.

Cadmium and its compounds are highly toxic and exposure to this metal is known to cause cancer and targets the body’s cardiovascular, renal, gastrointestinal, neurological, reproductive, and respiratory systems.
« Last Edit: 01/07/2013 21:05:23 by johanstefansson »

Offline nathan123

• View Profile
« Reply #18404 on: 01/07/2013 19:45:31 »
Hi,

From the past 3 and half months out of POIS.  Also I undergone, Panchakarma treatment after one month of POIS cure for 15 days really refreshing and now got lot of energy, enthuiasm, energy and happiness leading to a happy life.  Presently having o on an avg of 3 per week and going well.    No POIS.   

Today, the reason I met in online who is suffering from POIS and came to know that for him POIS symtoms also trigger by eating Finger Millet foods.   He also told that all POIS sufferrers would be face POIS symtoms trigger if we had Finger Millet.   Don't know the reason for this.   Just try and research on thhis. 

Offline fornicationDENIED2

• View Profile
« Reply #18405 on: 01/07/2013 23:49:28 »
Same as Kurtosis, I dont  think anyone has myasthenia gravis here at the clinical form of it.   And also I think we are talking only about one case  of POIS here,   with low acetylcholine and low DHT. 
One time I was taking  too much zinc, and   my progesterone  went way up  and my DHT  went way down. 
My estrogen was  down my dht was down , and my progesterone up. 

So at the same  time I was thinking and experimenting with acetylcholine ,  myastenia gravis  manganese  and acetylcholine connection with  DHT.
I took 2 pills of saw palmetto,  in 15 minutes I had POIS without even  sex.   
So I poisoned myself on purpose .AHAHA   Since saw palmetto  lowered my low DHT

then I took 50 mg of manganese.  POIS was gone  within 1 hour completely

I am wondering  how many people got POIS from  Finasterid.
Since in  low DHT layout , that is exactly what  that is

I dont recommend anyone  screwing with your neurotransmitters,   niacin  raises  acetylcholine , lowers thyroid hormones and progesterone.
You need to get balanced,  only  that way  you can help yourself...You need to chelate  free copper, since that interferes with  manganese and zinc.

To do all that, you need to lock your metabolism  in the middle,  it is very hard to do.   Since no matter what you are taking   you will go from  side to side, and you will get POIS in both sides.
I know that MG is not POIS. But I am looking for ways to explain a upper right back and sometimes arm pain that is so far not related to inflammation, nor tears, nor pinched nerves (I have been suffering 3 years of it regardless of POIS), POIS and Crohn's disease. Maybe its vasculitis but I still can't find indications of it.

Offline Prancer

• View Profile
« Reply #18406 on: 02/07/2013 01:34:52 »
It's great to have Kurtosis back!

• View Profile
« Reply #18407 on: 02/07/2013 02:09:25 »
The immune system participates in the regulation of ACTH production via interleukins (IL)-1, IL-6, tumor necrosis factor (TNF)-alpha and interferons alpha and gamma, which affect the axis at all levels i.e. hypothalamus, pituitary, and adrenal cortex. If TNF-a cytokine binds in alot of ACTH receptors, in times of stress the adrenals cannot produce enough cortisol since ACTH receptors are blocked, even if there is enough CRH produced by hypothalamus and ACTH from pituitary gland after secks. This is a domino effect, excess acetycholine activates mast cells to release pro inflammatory histamines through cholinergic receptors and low testosterone along with suppressed testosterone due to prolactin, estrogen,etc. cause an unregulated inflammatory response. Nutrition is also important and an anti acetycholine regimen mineral consumption plus providing hormonal building blocks can help too. The fact that prednisone and Androstenedione reduce my symptoms greatly is no coincidence.
TNFa in particular is predominant in Crohn's disease, which I happen to suffer from. The adrenal glands are end-organs that are merely responding to what they are told to do. If they are not producing enough cortisol, perhaps it is not the adrenal glands that are "fatigued" and dysfunctional, but rather other elements of your physiology that needs addressing.

• View Profile
« Reply #18408 on: 02/07/2013 02:27:21 »
The immune system participates in the regulation of ACTH production via interleukins (IL)-1, IL-6, tumor necrosis factor (TNF)-alpha and interferons alpha and gamma, which affect the axis at all levels i.e. hypothalamus, pituitary, and adrenal cortex. If TNF-a cytokine binds in alot of ACTH receptors, in times of stress the adrenals cannot produce enough cortisol since ACTH receptors are blocked, even if there is enough CRH produced by hypothalamus and ACTH from pituitary gland after secks. This is a domino effect, excess acetycholine activates mast cells to release pro inflammatory histamines through cholinergic receptors and low testosterone along with suppressed testosterone due to prolactin, estrogen,etc. cause an unregulated inflammatory response. Nutrition is also important and an anti acetycholine regimen mineral consumption plus providing hormonal building blocks can help too. The fact that prednisone and Androstenedione reduce my symptoms greatly is no coincidence.
TNFa in particular is predominant in Crohn's disease, which I happen to suffer from. The adrenal glands are end-organs that are merely responding to what they are told to do. If they are not producing enough cortisol, perhaps it is not the adrenal glands that are "fatigued" and dysfunctional, but rather other elements of your physiology that needs addressing.
The though part is proving my theory, how can I prove this and is there something else is the question.

Offline RD

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18409 on: 02/07/2013 08:09:25 »
... I am looking for ways to explain a upper right back and sometimes arm pain that is so far not related to inflammation, nor tears, nor pinched nerves (I have been suffering 3 years of it regardless of POIS), POIS and Crohn's disease. Maybe its vasculitis but I still can't find indications of it.

brachial neuralgia ?, [ vasculitis of the vasa nervorum can cause neuralgia ]
« Last Edit: 02/07/2013 08:50:06 by RD »

Offline Kima

• View Profile
« Reply #18410 on: 02/07/2013 17:23:01 »
nathan123
What medications have helped you?

c Yours kima
« Last Edit: 02/07/2013 17:28:09 by Kima »

Offline LAPOISSE2

• View Profile
« Reply #18411 on: 02/07/2013 18:13:28 »
Acetylcholine seems to be a good lead...I've taken a cholinergic drug(subultiamine) and felt much worse I was within 2 hours...It's also very possible that my POIS state is connected to my nicotine consumption.
Nathan's doctor apparently thing POIS is caused by Ach Overload.
And Ach is definitly connected to erection and stress(there is a lot of articles about that)

Most of people will focus in deficit of cholinergic activity to explain cognitive problem but as Kurtosis said excess of acethylcholine will have pretty much the same impact in cognition.ACh is too high in Parkinson disease..I've always find my cognition problem were similar as parkinson(not a deficit in intelligence, but difficulties to process the information we have in memory at it normal speed wich is very problematic with orality..what explain also social problem, anxiety, etc)

Anyone tried Ach Receptor Antagonist ? Any other way to slow down cholinergic activity ?

Offline LAPOISSE2

• View Profile
« Reply #18412 on: 02/07/2013 19:21:28 »
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2265963

Interesting study...What I like about Myasthenia gravis is it "fluctuates" depending of the Ach transmission level :  " an autoimmune neuromuscular disease leading to fluctuating muscle weakness and fatigability"

So too much or too few...That is the question

Offline kurtosis

• View Profile
« Reply #18413 on: 02/07/2013 20:23:01 »
The "too much" ACh may lead to over arousal. The "too little" can be the result of using up ACh too quickly. I wonder if there's a connection between fluctuating nitric oxide levels such that the POIS sufferer has an erectile and orgasm experience that is somehow erratic leading to an overproduction of Acetyl-Choline during erection and orgasm and then a dip where we lack all focus and attention due to an acetylcholine deficit.

My O's tend to leave me feeling a bit tense. When I drink whey I feel relaxed and I also feel my brain righting itself. I attribute at least some of these affects to increase in NAD+ that comes from drinking whey which contains tryptophan and interesting forms of b3 such as nicotinamide riboside.

Many POIS sufferers have had at least some success with niacin. I can see how taking niacin may increase NAD+ levels, cellular ATP and hence Acetyl-CoA, permitting faster recovery of acetylcholine levels. I don't think it's as simple as saying we're always in a high acetylcholine state. Equally, if we were always in a low acetylcholine state, we'd have difficulty in getting an erection in the first place but that doesn't seem to happen. It doesn't for me anyway. I become annoyingly over-aroused, have an O and then wonder why I ever did that :)

An interesting experiment would be to have an O, and a few minutes later have some niacin (about 100mg) and drink some orange juice (or some vitamin C enriched citrus drink) and see if you experience improvement in your cognitive symptoms of POIS.

Offline Gbolduev

• View Profile
« Reply #18414 on: 03/07/2013 06:42:48 »
POIS can happen  on  2 stages arousal and  ejaculation ,   low and high acetylcholine. low and high thyroid. Low and high   NA/K ratio.   The solution is to fix the ratio. I have tried it many times . 
Get balanced and get rid of POIS.
Niacin  affects  acetylcholine levels,  vimitan C  increases sodium , by increasing sodium  it  increases manganese  retention and increases  acetylcholine.
High acetylcholine   could be  caused by car fumes,  since manganese is used in gas.   Many  people  from the  big cities have very high manganese on their hairtests.
Your adrenals need to lift up,  since acetylcholine regulates adrenal activity and it is  visious cycle.
Copper toxicity ,  wilsons, puroluria  lead to  exausted adrenals and  low acetylcholine in the end, since copper irritates adrenals and eventually they  become tired.
Best solution to POIS is the hairtest or blood tests looking to fix the  metal metabolisms.   All other solutions are temporary .  I have no idea what  happened to  Nathan , I think he had parasites, since there is no way  one can get rid of  POIS permanently in 1 month unless POIS is caused by high cortisol from  parasite infection.

Offline LAPOISSE2

• View Profile
« Reply #18415 on: 03/07/2013 14:16:06 »
http://www.livestrong.com/article/214345-side-effects-of-non-selective-antihistamines/

That is also interesting...nutmeg also has apparently anticholinergique  properties.

• View Profile
« Reply #18416 on: 03/07/2013 15:27:59 »
Last night I had an normal ejaculation with NO POIS symptoms. I reduced manganese intake, thank Gbolduev for letting me know it increased Ach, I used to ignore that, and I used androstenedione (testosterone precursor) in the morning and glutamic acid supplementation (for GABA). I think magnesium also plays a role, I have so much energy after adding it I now suffer from insomnia, plus modifying the supplementation for anti Ach ratios. The problem is I still consume 7.5mg of manganese a day because it is included on multivitamin, but I take 75mg of zinc with the manganese. I think testosterone effect on depressing immune system (reducing natural killers and cytokines like TNFa wich studies show disregulation of TNF disrupts adrenals) not only reduces inflammation, but it aids/ optimizes cortisol production. I still had so much energy after ejaculation I slept poorly. Maybe I am finally producing decent amounts of cortisol, that happen to keep me awake and cause my insomnia possibly. Low Testosterone and reduced cortisol production are a huge factor in disregulated inflammation in POIS

Offline Kima

• View Profile
« Reply #18417 on: 03/07/2013 16:13:20 »
somebody loses weight after ejaculation?

c Yours kima

• View Profile
« Reply #18418 on: 03/07/2013 16:42:34 »

c Yours kima
Yes, I loose weight when POIS strikes.

Offline nathan123

• View Profile
« Reply #18419 on: 03/07/2013 17:23:41 »
POIS can happen  on  2 stages arousal and  ejaculation ,   low and high acetylcholine. low and high thyroid. Low and high   NA/K ratio.   The solution is to fix the ratio. I have tried it many times . 
Get balanced and get rid of POIS.
Niacin  affects  acetylcholine levels,  vimitan C  increases sodium , by increasing sodium  it  increases manganese  retention and increases  acetylcholine.
High acetylcholine   could be  caused by car fumes,  since manganese is used in gas.   Many  people  from the  big cities have very high manganese on their hairtests.
Your adrenals need to lift up,  since acetylcholine regulates adrenal activity and it is  visious cycle.
Copper toxicity ,  wilsons, puroluria  lead to  exausted adrenals and  low acetylcholine in the end, since copper irritates adrenals and eventually they  become tired.
Best solution to POIS is the hairtest or blood tests looking to fix the  metal metabolisms.   All other solutions are temporary .  I have no idea what  happened to  Nathan , I think he had parasites, since there is no way  one can get rid of  POIS permanently in 1 month unless POIS is caused by high cortisol from  parasite infection.

I have no idea what  happened to  Nathan , I think he had parasites, since there is no way  one can get rid of  POIS permanently in 1 month unless POIS is caused by high cortisol from  parasite infection.  As my name come, I am replying.   

In the first one month of taking the treatment, I got success in overcoming POIS.  My doctor told that is permanent solution.  then I showed Gbuldev mineral analysis and explained him there may be abnormal balance of minerals still exist in the body tissues.  Then doctor, also analyzed this and he came to a one decision to balance mineral ratio's if it was imbalance at that time.  for this I undergone panchakarma treatment where it will clears all the excess toxins and chemicals from the body tissues and also from the colons.   Due to this, my minerals and ration gets balanced and now no POIS and find permanent solution for my POIS.   

Offline Kima

• View Profile
Re: Post Orgasmic Болезни Дауна (POI)
« Reply #18420 on: 03/07/2013 17:33:29 »
Nattan 123
You can contact your doctor,Your doctor can help us ?

Kima
« Last Edit: 03/07/2013 17:36:09 by Kima »

johanstefansson

« Reply #18421 on: 04/07/2013 10:16:21 »

c Yours kima

yes, I cant seem to gain weight. dont exercise that much though.

Offline acronym

• View Profile
« Reply #18422 on: 04/07/2013 23:10:19 »

c Yours kima

yes, I cant seem to gain weight. dont exercise that much though.
I have this problem too as does another guy on here from middle east. Its bizarre, because most guys here don't. There was a body type member survey on here once and while there was a number of guys underweight, there were also many across the board with different body types. It feels like low level permanent inflammation/catabolic effect for me. My muscles are always tender (like fibromyalgia). If I stop going to the gym I lose weight. I have made the connection between abstinence and weight gain before. Its just so hard though. If I over do the Os (too many days in a week) I lose weight (fat & body water). Muscles hurt more and I feel really stressed and look it too...like I have been partying all night.
« Last Edit: 04/07/2013 23:18:48 by acronym »

Offline Gbolduev

• View Profile
« Reply #18423 on: 04/07/2013 23:53:19 »
Losing weight is catabolism 100% ,   most likely  low soidum potassium ratio .   

Offline silverandcol

• View Profile
« Reply #18424 on: 05/07/2013 04:21:18 »
Do we have a winner here! ?

From
http://drlwilson.com/articles/TOXIC%20METALS.htm [nofollow]
http://drlwilson.com/articles/CADMIUM.htm [nofollow]
http://toxipedia.org/plugins/servlet/mobile#content/view/2818958 [nofollow]
http://www.osha.gov/SLTC/cadmium/ [nofollow]

Cadmium is called the pseudo-macho or the violent element.  Like lead, it is an older male mineral that is associated with macho behavior, violence and horror.  People who have orgasms more than once a week tend to accumulate cadmium, probably because it replaces zinc in the male testicles and even in women’s ovaries.  Male and female sexual fluids are rich in zinc, and when one loses too much of these, cadmium from the environment seems to replace the zinc in the body.

Acute exposure to cadmium fumes may cause flu like symptoms including chills, fever, and muscle ache sometimes referred to as "the cadmium blues." Symptoms may resolve after a week if there is no respiratory damage. More severe exposures can cause tracheo-bronchitis, pneumonitis, and pulmonary edema. Symptoms of inflammation may start hours after the exposure and include cough, dryness and irritation of the nose and throat, headache, dizziness, weakness, fever, chills, and chest pain.

A powerful crutch for the kidneys and adrenal glands.  Cadmium also powerfully irritates and in this way boosts adrenal activity, although it does this in a rather violent way, not a healthful manner.

Symptoms of cadmium exposure are increased loss of small proteins in the urine, salivation, choking, vomiting, metallic taste, loss of sense of smell, joint pain and others (Longe, 2005).

There is no known mechanism, but it is thought that the fact that cadmium's 2+ oxidation state helps disguise it as calcium or zinc inside the body (Sutoo et al., 1990).
Excessive cadmium shows as lack of calcium.

Cadmium and its compounds are highly toxic and exposure to this metal is known to cause cancer and targets the body’s cardiovascular, renal, gastrointestinal, neurological, reproductive, and respiratory systems.

This makes a lot of sense.  The cadium buildup effecting the adrenal glands describes a lot of the symptoms we feel.  The problem is how do we reduce the cadium replacing zinc.  Would taking some kind of zinc supplement before and after ejaculation help with it?

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #18424 on: 05/07/2013 04:21:18 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums

Login
Login with username, password and session length