The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome (POIS)  (Read 6450594 times)

Offline gondal4

• View Profile
Re: Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome (POIS)
« Reply #18450 on: 09/07/2013 17:05:09 »
Gbolduev ,which tests to do to know the imbalance and then what supplements to eat after that?

Offline sadandfrustrated

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #18451 on: 10/07/2013 18:34:26 »
Hi all:

I've begun a nutritional balancing program. Please let me know your thoughts.

All of the following supplements are being taken twice a day:
  • Zinc Citrate: 100mg
  • Calcium, Magnesium: 333 mg, 167 mg
  • Vitamin E: 400 IU
  • Vitamin D3: 1400 IU
  • Vitamin B100 Complex: 100 mg of each B Vitamin
  • Vitamin C: 3000 mg

I'm doing this with the understanding that CADMIUM might be the underlying cause of my problems.

This makes sense since one of the previous individuals on this forum had success after removing his testicles, which can store most of the cadmium in our body.

How much Manganese, Malic Acid, or Copper should I add?

Offline urano75

• View Profile
« Reply #18452 on: 10/07/2013 22:52:58 »
Hi all:

I'm doing this with the understanding that CADMIUM might be the underlying cause of my problems.

This makes sense since one of the previous individuals on this forum had success after removing his testicles, which can store most of the cadmium in our body.

Did you make this program based on any blood or other types of tests?
Do you already know how your adrenals and thyroid are behaving (low, high)?
Do you have any evidence (test) for cadmium toxicity?

It's difficult ot make a program without knowing where you are now from a metabolic and toxicity perspective.

Few considerations:

- 200mg zinc daily looks huge to me. Even if you had high estrogen/progesterone (Na/K) ratio and low thyroid function, that's probably too much in any case. Without knowing your situation, I would not take more than 50mg to begin with
- you can't know if you really need copper and manganese without assessing the points mentioned above
- 6g C might be unecessarily too much. Possibly also 200mg B-complex. Also, it's better to spread water-soluble vitamins (B-C) 3 times a day, to allow costant supply

I hope this helps.

johanstefansson

« Reply #18453 on: 11/07/2013 23:07:31 »
Hi all:

Did you make this program based on any blood or other types of tests?
Do you already know how your adrenals and thyroid are behaving (low, high)?
Do you have any evidence (test) for cadmium toxicity?

It's difficult ot make a program without knowing where you are now from a metabolic and toxicity perspective.

Few considerations:

- 200mg zinc daily looks huge to me. Even if you had high estrogen/progesterone (Na/K) ratio and low thyroid function, that's probably too much in any case. Without knowing your situation, I would not take more than 50mg to begin with
- you can't know if you really need copper and manganese without assessing the points mentioned above
- 6g C might be unecessarily too much. Possibly also 200mg B-complex. Also, it's better to spread water-soluble vitamins (B-C) 3 times a day, to allow costant supply

I hope this helps.

I too believe 200 mg zinc daily seems a lot. I think 10 mg is recommended daily dose. 200 might be dangerous. However I do believe the problem is that cadmium is not showed during toxidity tests, its in the testicles or shows up as abnormal calcium levels.

We should see is someone here would like to sample his balls.

Offline urano75

• View Profile
« Reply #18454 on: 12/07/2013 08:50:38 »
There are no optimal doses valid for everyone (zinc RDA is 15mg), although there are definitely safety zones.
In my opinion 200mg zinc is way too much for everyone, while 10mg might be too little for many.
It's hard to start a nutritional "balancing" program if one doesn't know in what way is currently imbalanced.

As to metals toxicity (cadmium, mercury, arsenic etc), blood tests won't say much, hair tests might give a clue but not really be conclusive (metals can be accumulated in tissues but not excreted), biopsies are not a really viable option, non-conventional tests are a question mark. So one can mainly assume, perhaps based on the exposure (dentals fillings or eating big fishes-->mercury, smoking--> cadmium, pesticides--> arsenic etc). But I don't believe that the solution will be just overloading with an antagonist metals based on this assumption (e.g. zinc for cadmium or selenium for mercury). This might make an imbalance worse, and imbalanced body won't detoxify.
Also, metal toxicity is often associated to infections, especially fungal infections (fungus typically thrives on metals). Addressing them would likely allow and speed up metals release. One can also try to get help from mild chelators like zeolite while detoxifying. And support liver detox in the meantime (MSM, Lipoic Acid, NAC..)

However I believe that a balanced metabolism is key for the detoxification. I would expect that restoring a balanced environment at cellular level will be the main prerequisite to get rid of any toxic metals, regardless of the specific type.
« Last Edit: 12/07/2013 08:52:50 by urano75 »

Offline LAPOISSE2

• View Profile
« Reply #18455 on: 12/07/2013 18:08:11 »
Actually, to my understanding, niacin flush is more an inflammation than an allergy ; But i like the idea of a reducing the potentiality of a second reaction by provoking a first one.

The other link to Niacin is serotonine through tryptophane

Offline gauravnew

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #18456 on: 13/07/2013 14:14:54 »
Hi, I am following this forum form the past 2 years. For me symtoms, as usual explained by you and all. From past 5 years, I contacted many doctors and undergo many test and found all the tests are normal. But today, I undergo Abdomen Ultrasound Scan and found few things abnormal. Whether these have any relation with my POIS.
I got a appointment with my Gasterolist only in next week.
The abnormal findings in Abdomen Ultrsound scan are :
a) Liver: Mild parenchymal hyperechogenecity noted.
b) Kidney: Left renal mildly ectatic extra-renal pelvis seen.
Impression: Mild Fatty changes in Liver

Please help

Offline sadandfrustrated

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #18457 on: 13/07/2013 15:38:27 »
Sorry it's taken so long for me to respond.

I was quite busy for the past few days.

Thank you very much for your suggestions!

I've reduced the dosages to around half, more for Vitamin C.

I feel like I'm feeling some benefits from the balancing. But I'll give it a few weeks to see.

In regards to the cadmium, I had a urine test quite a while back (around a year ago). It was a forced DMPS test. My cadmium level was slightly elevated.

I didn't think much of it back then (because my main concern was the mercury, which I thought was responsible for my POIS), but now it seems to make a lot more sense as the real culprit.

This seems particularly true, if my cadmium level was elevated when I wasn't in a state of POIS. I'm assuming that having an orgasm forces the testicles to start working again and thus release some cadmium into the body?

Offline urano75

• View Profile
« Reply #18458 on: 14/07/2013 09:59:19 »

In regards to the cadmium, I had a urine test quite a while back (around a year ago). It was a forced DMPS test. My cadmium level was slightly elevated.

I didn't think much of it back then (because my main concern was the mercury, which I thought was responsible for my POIS), but now it seems to make a lot more sense as the real culprit.

Adding 200-400mcg selenium to your regimen could help, regardless of where you are now from a metabolic and toxicity perspective.
It will help normalize thyroid function, antagonize heavy metals (especially mercury), promote detox activity (via glutathione).

Another possible one to consider is chromium (400-600mcg) to help with sugar metabolism.

Offline bastianb

• View Profile
« Reply #18459 on: 17/07/2013 03:54:49 »
Been a long time since my last visit. the pages have doubled!

I see a lot of progress and while I'm usually too busy or too lazy to post, I just had to post something I noticed that might blow your mind away!

I don't know if I said this before here or not but I don't masturbate and are not currently in a sexual relationship so all my ejaculations are from wet dreams. I get these wet dreams anywhere from every 1-11 days. I got so tired of having POIS dropped on me without it being my fault AT ALL (I didn't even want the wet dreams - I HATE THEM), that I started experimenting with different things.

I stayed in bed after waking up from a wet dream for 30 mins to an hour. did this a few times. I noticed my symptoms did not start then! I was so happy obviously thinking that if I stay in bed after ejaculation I will have cured my POIS. WRONG!

Somehow after getting up and going around a bit, I had symptoms coming in 5 minutes.
All of them rushed in and I started cursing myself for even getting up. But we can't all always stay in bed.

So for the next time, I noted down my actions in that 5 minutes after getting up.

First thing I did was drink water or another drink, eat a little something as breakfast then proceed to go to the bathroom to change underwear and pee.

Next time I had a wet dream, I eliminated the drinking water part.

The difference? I still had POIS within 5 minutes and I felt extremely dehydrated afterwards (more than usual POIS)

The next time, I drank the water, skipped the food and went to pee.

The difference?  I still had POIS within 5 minutes and I felt more hungry and had more sore muscles afterwards (more than usual POIS)

Thinking I may have found the answer and needing a confirmation, the next time I tried drinking the water, eating my cereal and then NOT PEEING!

You will be amazed at what happens next!

I held my pee in for 2 more hours and the minute I couldn't take it anymore and peed, my POIS started!

Mind blown yet?

No?

Next time, the time when I was sure I will have a wet dream that night, I drank less fluids to test my idea even further (not having to go to bathroom until a longer time has passed).

I tested it with 3:30 hours. Surely enough, my symptoms only started after I peed.

Next times I even reached around the 4:30 mark, but you can understand that doing so might hurt the body so I put my limit at 3 hours now.

This also reduces symptoms by about 5% every hour it is delayed, not so big of a difference but still a bit noticable.

This is not a cure, but it might show us that this is actually something that happens when semen is still in the tract and this might just shed a big light on what's wrong.

NOTE: Do not try this method if your kidneys don't function well or you have consumed a large amount of liquids before ejaculation as this is clearly risky for the kidney and any other body parts involved when delaying the relieving of urine. I do not take any responsibility if you test this method in a wrong manner that leads to more illness.

Offline Kima

• View Profile
« Reply #18460 on: 17/07/2013 16:43:26 »
Nathan 123
Where is your Indian doctor?

Kim.

Offline Prancer

• View Profile
« Reply #18461 on: 17/07/2013 17:15:55 »
Hey bastianb, nice to have you back! So that's interesting. Yes, mind is blown. I noticed it too, especially with being really thirsty. My instinct tells me that what's really happening is just a masking of our symptoms. Sometimes I take niacin during POIS just so that I can feel a temporary relief. I think the itching and tingling overpowers the discomfort caused by POIS, but once it stops the POIS comes back. Likewise, last month I almost broke my ankle, and during the severe pain I felt, my POIS was almost unnoticeable. In summary, my feeling is that discomfort overpowers POIS temporarily, but as soon as the discomfort wears off, the symptoms will "come back" (when in reality they never left).

Here's a quote about why scratching (or any other pain) relives an itch:
"One theory says that scratching provides a counter-irritation which is a slight pain that distracts the brain to focus on the discomfort of the scratch instead of the itch."
I think something similar might be happening with us POISers, except it's not an itch we're masking. (It's our POIS symptoms.)

Offline fornicationDENIED2

• View Profile
« Reply #18462 on: 19/07/2013 00:55:20 »
I am not cured, ejaculating at daytime leaves me sleepy, fatigued, and some brain fog for the rest of the day. Time for mineral ratio change, I shall introduce taurine to the mix next, also the process of testing is taking a long time. Despite the HUGE improvement of my symptoms, the fatigue still ruins my freedom Testosterone increased to 5.12 ng/mL but it is still damn low. Free testosterone 20.21 pG/mL .

• View Profile
« Reply #18463 on: 19/07/2013 01:15:12 »
I am not cured, ejaculating at daytime leaves me sleepy, fatigued, and some brain fog for the rest of the day. Time for mineral ratio change, I shall introduce taurine to the mix next, also the process of testing is taking a long time. Despite the HUGE improvement of my symptoms, the fatigue still ruins my freedom Testosterone increased to 5.12 ng/mL but it is still damn low. Free testosterone 20.21 pG/mL .

Gastro intestinal issues now 0%, cognitive improved 65% without taking anything after O.

• View Profile
« Reply #18464 on: 19/07/2013 02:14:12 »
I was planning on taking vitamin E to reduce prolactin but what is its effect on acetycholine levels, receptors and synthesis?

Offline gondal4

• View Profile
« Reply #18465 on: 19/07/2013 09:13:26 »
Unfortunately i have this syndrome,i found out

http://rarediseases.about.com/od/rarediseasesw/a/100304.htm

Offline Kima

• View Profile
« Reply #18466 on: 19/07/2013 14:59:07 »
nathan123

how are you?

kima.

Offline Omen 30

• View Profile
« Reply #18467 on: 19/07/2013 20:06:29 »
Since the last 3-4 months I hve stopped consuming all milk products,I am feeling a lot better then previously.

• View Profile
« Reply #18468 on: 20/07/2013 00:46:00 »
My diet has zero cholesterol, thanks to Crohn disease I can't eat meat, no cheese nor fried crap since the immune system attacks my intestinal walls when I eat it, I have experienced pain whit meat consuption, but I developed an egg allergy also. After a while of no eating eggs, I ate two whole eggs and had an asthma attack. Cholesterol is EXTREMELY important for hormone production but I have absolutely none on my diet. Any ideas where I can get my cholesterol?

Offline Omen 30

• View Profile
« Reply #18469 on: 20/07/2013 06:24:48 »
Even i am allergic to a lot of things like all milk products they make me go crazy like adhd kind of,then metals like in watches,spectacles,belt buckle they react with my skin so I use titanium or plastic spectacles,then ciggrette smoke if I smoke it gives me brain fog ,same goes wiith alcohol,nowadays I have figured a new one that is vaginal fluid after having sex if ii don't wash properly and go to sleep I get reaction on my penile skin my skin doctor diid not believe the last one he gave me an anti histamine and the moment I had iit all the ithcing and redness on the skin goes away.I was told to do the blood ige test and the result was a lot higher then the normal values.i wonder if this allergies have something to do with pois?I have a history of asthama and skin eczema too.

Offline urano75

• View Profile
« Reply #18470 on: 20/07/2013 07:48:55 »
My diet has zero cholesterol, thanks to Crohn disease I can't eat meat, no cheese nor fried crap since the immune system attacks my intestinal walls when I eat it, I have experienced pain whit meat consuption, but I developed an egg allergy also. After a while of no eating eggs, I ate two whole eggs and had an asthma attack. Cholesterol is EXTREMELY important for hormone production but I have absolutely none on my diet. Any ideas where I can get my cholesterol?

Saturated fats mainly boost cholesterol production by the liver, you don't need directly eat cholesterol. Your total cholesterol level should ideally be about 200.
Try to use clarified butter (ghee) which has the casein part removed (but maybe you can tolerate normal butter too). Try to use coconut oil, also for cooking. Use olive oil, but not so much for cooking. Try to see if you can tolerate raw egg yolks. Typically the allergen part is in the white, and cooking the yolks makes them hard to digest and the cholesterol will oxidize. Try using digestive enzymes, especially to help digesting proteins and fats. You can either use a pancreatin+bile mix (especially for digesting fats), or a protease+lipase+amylase+lactase+... mix, plus possibly containing DPP-IV if digesting casein and gluten is an issue.
« Last Edit: 20/07/2013 07:52:38 by urano75 »

Offline kumardtr

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #18471 on: 20/07/2013 16:54:59 »
Hello to everyone.

I am doctor of Mr.Nathan and come to this forum on invitation by Nathan. For first few days, I observed the discussion on the forum and now I am posting my views. Nathan has explained me all the symtoms he has faced. I also seen the old posts where members have described their symtoms.

My view on this problem are as follows:

a) I read the Waldinger paper on this and I agree with the research submitted by him. As he stated, the main problem you are facing is allergic to orgasm. ( I not agree with allergic with semen). 

b) Once Nathan came to me, his AEC count was 1400. First, I provided the medicine to decrease the AEC count. After 10 days, the same came to around 270. But he had orgasm on the next day, suddenly AEC count increased to 1200 again. It confirmed me that, the problem faced by him not a psychological once and has a relation with orgasm.

c) I have seen the report of Nathan and observed that there was no abnormal in any area he was diagnosied except AEC. Hence, I came to a conclusion that so called disease has a link with the Immune system.

d) I would like to highlight here that in my career of 20 years, I have handled around 20 to 30 patients like this where because of no reason, they suffered from Brain fog like in POIS.  But my patients don't know that this is link with orgasm. They just told me that, they are suffering from symtoms you have which is variable every day. I cured all of them. (That treatment I will discuss later).

e) As per my experience and discussion with Nathan, I came to view that after orgasm, immune system of the body would over reach and produce excess histamine. Due to abnormal increase in histamine levels, other hormones and chemicals in the body would vary. Because of this, you would face, physical symptoms and mental symptoms.

f) To Nathan, for first two months, I have prescribed tablets. From this, I initially know that that will provide temprovery relief to him. As expected, he found a temprovery cure.  But to increase his confidence, I told him to he fully covered and symtoms never come again.  But, at that time, I was aware that the main cause of POIS is still in the body and it can come at any time.

g) Accordingly, I suggested the main treatment to Nathan where I told him that it is only to decrease weight and for refreshment (actually it was for removing the cause of POIS from the body). He undergone the treatment in the third month of my consultation i.e. in May and due to that treatment, his prime cause of POIS was removed / balanced from the body and now he is perfectly alright.

h) Before telling the treatment, I want to know some of the things from your side. Please do the following.
   (i) Have AEC count test on the second day of the orgasm (for most of the patients - this will be two times of normal limit).
   (ii) Don't have orgasm for 8 days.
   (iii) From second day to 8th day, please drink 20 to 30 ml of bitter gourd juice daily two times (morning and night - after food).
   (iii) On the 9th day, please have AEC Test.
   (iv) You will notice - your AEC level is in normal.   But I experienced from Nathan, even though the AEC symtoms came to normal, but still there is no relief from cognitive symtoms.  For this I don't have any answer and still not able to find the reason.

If the result of the above test as I explained, as per my view the main reason for the POIS is Accumulation of Toxins / Accumulation of Chemicals in body tissues / accumulation of any other waste.  Due to this, your minerals level in the body would be abnormal. Further, the immune system starts to over react for certain situation. As I explained, my earlier patients were having the trigger of this symtoms for different situations.  But in POIS, the immune system is over reacting after Orgasm which results in excess release of histamine resulting in abnormal levels of other chemicals and hormones and finally physical and mental symtoms.

Cure for this:
As explained, the main reason for POIS is accumulation of toxins in body and tissues, which is result of bad life style or may be because of food habits. Hence, the first step in the cure is removal of those accumulation from the body. This will not happen in the ordinary course of life as the accumulation would be in tissues and these will not remove in daily routine.

Hence, for this I suggest to undergone Panchakarma Treatment.  In this treatment, there are three steps which are as follows.

a) First Stage: Objective is to loosen the accumulation of toxins in the body tissues.
Snehana: Application of herbal oils on the body.
Swedana: Applying Steam herbal bath on the body, to move loosen toxins to stomach side.

b) Elimination Stage: In Panchakarma, we have five types of elimination stage, normally one elimination program will be selected depending upon the disease.  For POIS problem, one needs to undergone, Virechana i.e. induced loose motion. Due to this, all the toxins which came to stomach side will be removed from the body.

c) Post Panchakarma Stage: Strict following of diet for 7 to 8 days.

In the above steps, I explained only brief summary of the treatment. Further, in each treatment, there will be many more procedures and use of herbal medicines to achieve the objective and not so simple as explained above.

After, this, body would be free from all the accumulation and all the chemicals and hormones would be normal. From next orgasm, this symtoms will not occur and you will find a cure.  For above treatment, patient requires to admits to Panchakarma centre and it will take approximately 12 to 14 days.

I will visit after 10 days, meanwhile please post the result of the test as I mentioned above. Further, one of the member i.e Gaurav has approached last week and as per suggestion he is starting his Panchakarma treatment from tomorrow.

Offline Gbolduev

• View Profile
« Reply #18472 on: 20/07/2013 17:18:04 »
Same as I  said  many months ago.

But  chelation  therapy even with  herbs  is not good.  And  even after  removing  those toxins from Nathans body ,  POIS will come back, since  accumulation of the metal will proceed,  nothing  changed.

Offline Gbolduev

• View Profile
« Reply #18473 on: 20/07/2013 17:24:18 »
PLus   some of  people here got  POIS at 15 years old.   It has nothing  to do with the life style really, but with  copper imbalance, which is inherited/   Others  might have gotten toxic  over  the years.

Offline Gbolduev

• View Profile
« Reply #18474 on: 20/07/2013 17:27:34 »
The best program  to remove toxins  safely is nutritional balancing,   in which  you  would not chelate  good  minerals  also.

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #18474 on: 20/07/2013 17:27:34 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums