The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome (POIS)  (Read 6440035 times)

Offline CertainlyPOIS

• View Profile
Re: Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome (POIS)
« Reply #18625 on: 09/08/2013 02:48:25 »
I didnt decide to point to NSF rules for my own sake,  but because other users of NSF report this board to moderators because of the language usage. It only takes so many reports before the moderators decide to close the board. Besides we can discuss POIS without explicit details about personal acts with ourselves and significant other.

Given the timing of this rules recall, I easily linked it to the recent discussions with Herman to support your warnings to him. And apparently I've not been the only one.

If on the other hand the real issue is making a discussion of sexual medical topics (and painful personal histories) suitable for children reading, I would encourage children and their parents to browse the astrophysics or superconductors sections, or maybe prefer Snoopy's strips (which I also love), rather than digging into the muddy details of our disturbing experiences. I'd be curious to read the contents of those reports, and the references to the offending bits.

I mentioned this before no one notice, so since i had everyone attentions i decided to mention the rules again   When demografx was the moderator he also mentioned the rules multiple times.

Everybody one of the rules of the forum is to not use adult language because of kids that come by the forum.

We can make the argument all day that others and kids can should stay out of the board since it does not pertain to them but in the end we are being allowed to use the nsf forum and as a result we need to follow their rules.  And it clearly states " keep it family friendly"

Offline urano75

• View Profile
« Reply #18626 on: 09/08/2013 08:09:21 »

I mentioned this before no one notice, so since i had everyone attentions i decided to mention the rules again   When demografx was the moderator he also mentioned the rules multiple times.

In fact I joined 8 months ago and have never seen these rules posted, so it's interesting to finally know what they are about. Common sense seems to me the golden rule.

Not using adult language for an adults topic will be an interesting style exercise. Hopefully the "reports" won't be blindly counted by the moderators.
« Last Edit: 09/08/2013 15:10:54 by urano75 »

Offline nomore2013

• View Profile
« Reply #18627 on: 09/08/2013 17:22:35 »
here are my tests

01.08.2013-blood
ferritin....................205 
iron.........................16  (9-30)
tibc..........................52  (45-77)
saturation................0.31  (.20-.50)
sodium...................138  (135-145)
potassium.................4.1  (3.3-5.1)
chloride...................102  (95-108)
TSH.........................2.05  (.35-5.00)
t3-free......................4.2  (2.6-5.7)
t4-free.......................15  (12-22)
ab-thyroglobulin.........<20  <41
ab-thyroid peroxidase <11  <35
t3-reverse.................... 201
ceruplasmin.................289  (190-370)
caclcium ionized.........1.28  (1.15-1.35)
magnesium rbc...........1.86  (1.7-2.7)
alkaline phosphatase....68  (40-129)
ld...............................161  (110-215)
ggt.............................14   <60
ast..............................23  <37
alt...............................21  <46

01.15.2013-bood
Copper-Zinc Profile by Great Plains Laboratory
everything is on the low range, except non-ceruplasmin copper, which is very low.
i dont know what that means.

ceruplasmin...................2.3 (1.5-4.5)
ceruplasmin-copper......14.1 (9.0-27.0)
copper-serum..............16.2 (12.0-23.0)
zinc-serum...................12.9 (2.3-6.3)
non-ceruplasmin copper..2.1 (2.3-6.3)  *L*
copper/zinc ratio............1.2 (0.8-2.0)

07.26.2013-blood
supplement free for over 24 hours before test.
manganese...........13.5 (ideal 14.3, range 2.9-25.7)

Offline urano75

• View Profile
« Reply #18628 on: 09/08/2013 18:36:25 »
Nomore,

I see the following interesting points:

In your January labs:

1- non-ceruloplasmin (free) copper was low, but also ceruloplasmin was a bit on the low side. At the same time your bound/total copper looked good. Has this been interpreted as a sign of copper deficiency, or what?
2- your serum zinc was high. Were you supplementing zinc at that time? What information did you get from that bit?

In you last labs:

3- your ferritin is on the high side. Does this support a possible copper deficiency again, or had you just been supplementing too much iron?
4- ceruloplasmin looks increased, even though the units and ranges are different. Had you been taking manganese or copper for awhile to achieve that?

What information and conclusions did you get from these labs?
How did you adjust your regimen based on them?
Did you get any change/improvements in symptoms, POIS and non-POIS related?
Have these changes been reflected by some shift in the Na/K ratio (if you ever did the hair test), or of the estradiol/progesterone ratio, if you ever tested them by blood?
Apparently you started from a progesterone dominant situation, which might have kept your Na/K low, and you might have worked to increase that ratio and shift a bit more to the estrogen side. Just guessing...

Offline Kima

• View Profile
« Reply #18629 on: 10/08/2013 15:16:34 »
Dr. Kumar, you promised to help the people, and where your help or your treatment is not helping?

Offline Kima

• View Profile
« Reply #18630 on: 10/08/2013 15:20:12 »
Gurav you died, where you, why do not you answer? Mom Abal your answer already.

Offline Kima

• View Profile
« Reply #18631 on: 10/08/2013 15:23:03 »
The only person to help all the people on this forum Herman, well done!
« Last Edit: 10/08/2013 15:26:39 by Kima »

Offline Kima

• View Profile
« Reply #18632 on: 10/08/2013 15:27:50 »
Ceruloplasmin 36 mg / dl (22 - 60)
Ionized Calcium 1.16 mmol / l (1.16 - 1.32)
The total bilirubin 17.4 mmol / L (3.4 - 20.5)
Potassium 4.0 mmol / L (3.5 - 5.1)
Sodium 141 mmol / l (136 - 145)
Chlorine 105 mmol / l (98 - 107)
Magnesium 1.02 mmol / l (0.73 - 1.08)
Iron 23.12 pmol / L (12.5 - 32.2)
Ferritin 62 g / l (20 - 250)
T3 2.0 nmol / l (1.1 - 3.1)
Free T3 5.9 pmol / L (2.6 - 5.7)
Free T4 15.6 pmol / L (9.0 - 22.0)
TSH 2.0 mU / L (0.4 - 4.0)

Offline Kima

• View Profile
« Reply #18634 on: 11/08/2013 16:23:20 »
The doctor told me.

First and foremost I would like to start by some facts that were recently
discovered.

1. Masterbation in excess is dangerous. Frequent masturbation and ejaculation stimulate acetylcholine/parasympathetic nervous functions excessively, resulting in the over production of sex hormones and neurotransmitters such as acetylcholine, dopamine and serotonin. Abundant and unusually amount of these hormones and neurotransmitters can cause the brain and adrenal glands to perform excessive dopamine-norepinephrine-epinephrine conversion and turn the brain and body functions to be extremely sympathetic. In other words, there is a big change of body chemistry when one excessively pratices masturbation.

2. Have you ever wondered why you do not last long enough when having sex? Well , if you program your system to hurry up for years by masterbating, how can you expect it to last? This is simple yet seem complicated to 90% of men. Remember the first few months when u started masterbating, you were not experiencing premature ejaculation! It only starting after you got the little guy rushing all the time. STOP now and it will slowly recover. You condition your body to behave one way and expect it to behave another way overnight, it is not going to work!

3. I do not believe that moderate masterbation works, I do believe that one would have to wait until the body naturally discharges semen in sleep and etc. Because moderate masterbation can lead to habitual and chronic masterbation as it is a helpless act. It is an act of self pleasure therefore, controlling it becomes an ardous task. The more pleasure the better therefore none is better than some. This differs from sex because it does not place strain on your senses as the partner helps create arousal and play an important role. Once pleasure is sought solo, it requires more energy and has a draining effect and reliance on a partner is not required.

4. Medications wether herbal or non herbal are not healthy to consume for the purpose of recovery because they only act as a quick fix therefore the best medicine is either fasting or dieting, eat 40-60% less food. Instead of eating a whole hamburger eat half and eat a salad with it instead of french fries. Fast for a week and refrain from eating from dusk to dawn and you will enjoy the benefits especially if you have acne (to teenagers). Most foods that come from animals such as meat and dairy products contains high levels of animal hormones which in turn increase your hormones thus causing chemical imbalances which are unhealthy.

5. Masterbation does affect your vision and yes it is the leading cause of hairloss in men and androgenic alopecia. DHT or dihydratetestosterone is the leading cause of hairloss in men. By masterbating and changing your body chemistry you are overproducing testosterone and therefore its byproduct DHT. DHT clings to hair follicles and weakens them.
NOTE: Majority of men who are bald also wear corrective lenses, indicative of habitual or chronic masterbation.

6. Please remember that exercise can help, however it must only be cardiovascular and must ensure enough calories are lost to make room for the breakdown of proteins to amino acids. This ensures that whatever foods consumed are used up. This is one of the best solutions.

7. Last but not least please remember that we are bombarded with sexual images in the media and encouraged to engage in sexual activity. Avoid exposure to such images as it would cause arousal and eventually lead to masterbation when a partner is absent.

GOOD LUCK! For starters mark your calenders and fight the urge for 30-40 days, this will help break the barrier and also restore energy needed. Diet, fasting, exercise will help along.

« Last Edit: 11/08/2013 16:25:35 by Kima »

Offline kumardtr

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #18635 on: 11/08/2013 17:10:02 »
Dr. Kumar, you promised to help the people, and where your help or your treatment is not helping?

He completed his treatment last week and had only  two orgasm as of now.  Please wait let see one more week and two more orgasm and can post the result.  Always I want to post the correct and accurate thing. So, I don't want to be in a hurry to judge the results. 

Thanks.

Also wanted to add to your post, when Nathan was in POIS his Ceruplasmin was low. After recovering from POIS, his Ceruplasmin level reached normal. 

Offline Kima

• View Profile
« Reply #18636 on: 11/08/2013 17:30:48 »
Dr. Kumar,
Thank you, we will wait, but unfortunately not all Panchakarma is in town there.

Offline Kima

• View Profile
« Reply #18637 on: 11/08/2013 17:55:41 »
15 persons suffering pois low ceruloplasmin
Russian forum, Administrator Victor Kons.
http://zdoroforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1229
« Last Edit: 11/08/2013 18:09:12 by Kima »

Offline Kima

• View Profile
« Reply #18638 on: 11/08/2013 18:03:44 »
Nathan

How old were suffering from symptoms of pois?

the onset of puberty?

Offline B_Daniel

• View Profile
« Reply #18639 on: 11/08/2013 18:10:09 »
Also wanted to add to your post, when Nathan was in POIS his Ceruplasmin was low. After recovering from POIS, his Ceruplasmin level reached normal. 

Dr. Kumar - Were you the doctor that requested Nathan to have his cerruloplasmin checked?  What led you to request that test be ordered - Is it just a common test in India, or did you specifically select it to be tested?

Also, what do you think the link might be between POIS and the low cerruloplasmin - and do you have a theory on how the panchakarma treatment might increase cerruloplasmin levels?  Thanks for your continued help
« Last Edit: 11/08/2013 18:12:23 by B_Daniel »

Offline acronym

• View Profile
« Reply #18640 on: 11/08/2013 21:44:47 »
The doctor told me.
First and foremost I would like to start by some facts that were recently
discovered.
GOOD LUCK! For starters mark your calenders and fight the urge for 30-40 days, this will help break the barrier and also restore energy needed. Diet, fasting, exercise will help along.

What doctor told you this?

Offline Over it

• View Profile
« Reply #18641 on: 12/08/2013 12:39:58 »
So do most here believe that Nathan's doctor's treatments are bogus?
If so, do they believe that Nathan is not cured or do they believe that Nathan did not have POIS to begin with?
I doubt Nathan would have found this forum if he did not have POIS.
I doubt Nathan would lie about being free from POIS.
I doubt that detox cured Nathan.
That really only leaves one possible explaination for POIS and how Nathan became POIS free.
Have a nice day :)

Offline mellivora

• View Profile
« Reply #18642 on: 12/08/2013 13:12:23 »
 For those interested in hair mineral analysis, here is a recent (2013) Korean study that looked at variations in hair testing results at 3 different labs.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3582931/#__ffn_sectitle

One of its conclusions is that the interpretation of hair mineral analysis results is challenging because there do not seem to be  well established, standardised 'normal' reference ranges for the tests. The ranges vary from lab to lab and so do the interpretations of results.

(Of course sometimes we run into trouble with the more established normal ranges for blood tests too. I once had a cortisol test where my cortisol was at the very top of the 'normal' range. The doctor was adamant that my cortisol was therefore normal. But a change of less than half of one per cent would have put me out of normal range and I wonder what the doctor's conclusion would have been then! Personally, I think that my result at least warranted further investigation...)

Offline victor.kons

• View Profile
« Reply #18643 on: 12/08/2013 17:09:39 »
For those interested in hair mineral analysis, here is a recent (2013) Korean study that looked at variations in hair testing results at 3 different labs.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3582931/#__ffn_sectitle

One of its conclusions is that the interpretation of hair mineral analysis results is challenging because there do not seem to be  well established, standardised 'normal' reference ranges for the tests. The ranges vary from lab to lab and so do the interpretations of results.

(Of course sometimes we run into trouble with the more established normal ranges for blood tests too. I once had a cortisol test where my cortisol was at the very top of the 'normal' range. The doctor was adamant that my cortisol was therefore normal. But a change of less than half of one per cent would have put me out of normal range and I wonder what the doctor's conclusion would have been then! Personally, I think that my result at least warranted further investigation...)
Interesting study. The numerical results among different labs are consistent. This is good.

Comparing hair analysis results to blood test results is pretty much meaningless. Because blood tests reference ranges are used to detect terminal problems in patients, whereas hair tests are positioned as much more accurate testing of health state (though their interpretation isn't established yet between different labs, but numerical results do coincide which is good)

It would be much more interesting to test if there is strong correlation between metal detection by hair tests and by accumulated blood tests within the same timeframe (probably a month), e.g. we test some metal by blood and hair tests, then we increase metal level in patient and do blood and hairtest and see whether they reflect the metal change or not, or we have two patients with different level of some metal as indicated by blood tests and we do hairtests of these patients and check whether metal levels are the same as for blood tests . If there is strong correlation, then hair tests is valid and precise method for evaluation of health state and scientific community need to proceed working on valid hair test interpretation.

Victor

« Last Edit: 12/08/2013 17:14:47 by victor.kons »

Offline nomore2013

• View Profile
« Reply #18644 on: 13/08/2013 19:05:07 »
urano

i dont know. herman said to do the tests, so i did the tests. i dont know what they mean. as far as i can tell, they are inconclusive. both tests were done at around the same time.

the copper-zinc panel has everything below the ideal levels, with non-ceruplasmin copper below the low levels. i dont have anybody to interpret these results so i dont know what they mean, i thought maybe someone here would know. i asked the nutritional balancing people, but they didnt know either and didnt give me a proper answer.

Offline gondal4

• View Profile
« Reply #18645 on: 14/08/2013 07:14:28 »
one question,any woman have this problem after :O' or this pois is male specific?

Offline gondal4

• View Profile
« Reply #18646 on: 14/08/2013 08:20:14 »
urano

i dont know. herman said to do the tests, so i did the tests. i dont know what they mean. as far as i can tell, they are inconclusive. both tests were done at around the same time.

the copper-zinc panel has everything below the ideal levels, with non-ceruplasmin copper below the low levels. i dont have anybody to interpret these results so i dont know what they mean, i thought maybe someone here would know. i asked the nutritional balancing people, but they didnt know either and didnt give me a proper answer.

then email herman these test results

Offline victor.kons

• View Profile
« Reply #18647 on: 14/08/2013 09:05:35 »
one question,any woman have this problem after :O' or this pois is male specific?
I think this is not male only problem. I saw some examples over internet where women had the same symptoms we describe. However I didn't happen to see woman that actively participates regarding POIS on any of our forums.

Victor
« Last Edit: 14/08/2013 09:09:02 by victor.kons »

Offline acronym

• View Profile
« Reply #18648 on: 14/08/2013 10:30:46 »
I think this is not male only problem. I saw some examples over internet where women had the same symptoms we describe. However I didn't happen to see woman that actively participates regarding POIS on any of our forums.

Victor
Many of the theories discussed here are really not male specific. The over masturbation thing I guess is a male thing in terms of semen loss, but low ceruplasmin or toxic liver or excess histamine or high acetylcholine...not really. There was a couple of women on here once, Girlwind was a quite active participant. I think she made big progress by correcting her thyroid function. I read a post a few pages back that said she was banned which surprised me and was a shame. Other than her this seems to be an overwhelmingly male phenomenon.

Offline B_Daniel

• View Profile
« Reply #18649 on: 14/08/2013 22:32:07 »
Girlwind was a quite active participant. I think she made big progress by correcting her thyroid function. I read a post a few pages back that said she was banned which surprised me and was a shame.

As far as I understand it she wasn't banned, I just heard she didn't love the moderating and quit.  Oh and by the way you can't find any info of that if you search back for it as it mysteriously disappeared.  There were prob other reasons too but shame that she's gone. 
« Last Edit: 14/08/2013 23:59:50 by B_Daniel »

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #18649 on: 14/08/2013 22:32:07 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums

Login
Login with username, password and session length