The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome (POIS)  (Read 6461984 times)

Offline B_Daniel

• View Profile
Re: Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome (POIS)
« Reply #18725 on: 21/08/2013 23:37:24 »
I just wanted to echo some comments on here and say that I also went through a phase of thinking that eating was my problem. It wasnt every meal but some meals would bring on POIS so thick that i would have trouble engaging in even the most casual conversation.  But unlike a few of you, i was never able to narrow down what specific foods brought on my POIS and what didnt. I was very suspicious of potatoes, pastas, high fructose corn syrup and some other foods but they didnt seem to knock me out every time so i could never say with certainty about them.

So i decided to try to eat super natural- but milk, some raw nuts like almonds, and many beans especially chili beans and chickpeas would cause terrible gas and bloating.  It's difficult to know if these food sensitivities are particular to me or if they're pois related.  Im guessing that pois keeps my stomach inflammed and sensitive.

I had the food allergy test done and it caught the beans but also gave me a list of other foods, which wasnt very accurate. So i havent been able to rely upon the test like i was hoping.

I think what makes this most difficult for me is that im sensitive (gas and bloating) to a bunch of foods. And an array of foods worsen my POIS.  But i dont think these 2 lists are one and the same. 

One more point i wanted to make is that while fasting used to be a surefire way to decrease or at least keep my pois from getting worse, I reached a point about a year ago where that changed. My adrenals got so weak that my body couldnt withstand not eating. After skipping a meal or two my body would become so weak. And at the moment that weakness would kick in, my POIS would sky-rocket.  Needless to say i now eat every meal.

Offline Starsky

• View Profile
« Reply #18726 on: 21/08/2013 23:56:56 »
Hi, I havent posted for a long time because I was trying to balance my metabolic problems with Herman. I did not cure POIS but i noticed when I go in the right direction with the mineral status my POIS gets weaker. After 4 months of vitamins and minerals my POIS lasts just 2 days instead of 5, the first day when it kicks in is bearable but is still have it. I did not get rid of that sh1t yet, but the hair test still shows problems with my thyroid and adrenal glands. I think if they get better POIS should go away or get very light, i hope. I need to do some testing because I do possibly have pyroluria since my zinc is not that high as with my suplementation plan should be. If you dont have any alternative just give the nutritional balancing a try.

Offline Gbolduev

• View Profile
« Reply #18727 on: 22/08/2013 05:02:40 »
AJS

I think you may be toxic in alluminium ,since all those sprays that you  use. I am not  sure about ammonia  toxicity  from bleaches. But  as we know Malic acid lowers ammonia and lowers alliumiun , so  it would be   ok to guess that  when alluminium  is high so is  ammonia. In anycase,  if you get balanced you will get fixed.
It will take anywhere from 4months to a year to get balanced.  That is if you are  working tightly with a practitioner.
You can  test ammonia and  if it is high , you can always lower it   using  many  drugs and laxatives. But  that would only take symptoms   away, I guess which would be useful for full recovery .  Although  I prefer to have symptoms  full blown so to say , so we can  make sure that we are moving in the right direction. Since the goal is to  get rid of them once and for all, not  just to take them away.
« Last Edit: 22/08/2013 07:37:58 by Gbolduev »

Offline Gbolduev

• View Profile
« Reply #18728 on: 22/08/2013 05:09:40 »
Coffee enemas are usefull,  since coffee has niacin  and   as we know niacin lowers ammonia. So  if you do  coffee enemas daily the symptoms  get better. Lactulose is another possiblity to lower ammonia as  someone mentioned

Offline acronym

• View Profile
« Reply #18729 on: 22/08/2013 05:10:04 »
Gbolduev....being that I have been a hairdresser for 22yrs do you think that would cause buildup of ammonia in my system from all the bleach and chemicals or would that not be a problem?
ajs - I would have thought formaldehyde was a bigger issue in your line of work, than ammonia. See what you can find on the www about any hairdresser's maybe having health problems which they traced make to the chemical s they use in their work.  I just did a very quick search and 'Ammonium persulfate' is in hair bleach and that causes problems for some in your profession. I would have thought you would feel rotten soon after using any product for you to make a connection though.

Offline acronym

• View Profile
« Reply #18730 on: 22/08/2013 05:16:53 »
I did not get rid of that sh1t yet, but the hair test still shows problems with my thyroid and adrenal glands. I think if they get better POIS should go away or get very light, i hope. I need to do some testing because I do possibly have pyroluria since my zinc is not that high as with my suplementation plan should be. If you dont have any alternative just give the nutritional balancing a try.
* what mineral or ratio are you linking to this ->"but the hair test still shows problems with my thyroid"?  Is it high Ca/K?
* there are different forms of zinc supplement. what form of zinc were you taking? I am on zinc sulfate monohydrate.

Offline Gbolduev

• View Profile
« Reply #18731 on: 22/08/2013 05:34:20 »
Panchakarma's verichana   what Nathan  did is basically a liver flush with castor oil.   He abused alchohol , the liver detox was impaired/ You should definetely do liver flushes with balancing your body at the same time.  I know  sometimes  it is a nasty procedure, but  it is  needed. and it is not  dangerous  at all when properly done.

Offline Gbolduev

• View Profile
« Reply #18732 on: 22/08/2013 05:49:24 »
I found a great video on youtube

You  should do this. And  it will greatly  help your recovery. 
Look at what ingridients are  Niacin ,  castor oil,   liver flushes.  Rings the bell?

No one is doing this and it is a shame.  All those detox herbs  are usefull also,  indian milk thisle,  dandelion root.

Wilson  recommends coffee enemas daily, which is good also. 
Common guys you have to do this ,  it is  not a joke.  of course it is just easier to  swallow a pill, but you have to fight  to  cure this thing.

Supplements To Assist Your Liver Detoxification

Silymarium (milk thistle): helps protect liver cell walls from damage by toxic substances and helps regenerate healthy new liver cells. Studies conducted by the AMC Cancer Research Center in Denver suggest that milk thistle helps protect the liver from compounds that trigger abnormal cell growth in the prostate and breast.

Selenium: supports proper function of P450 liver enzymes.

Soy lecithin (phosphatidylcholine): helps blast away the accumulated fat and cholesterol that can clog the liver (and lead to fatty liver). It repairs liver damage from alcohol, improves muscle function and boosts overall energy. A fatty liver produces no symptoms but can lead to liver damage that includes inflammation and scarring.

Artichoke leaf: one of the most powerful nutrients to help improve the secretion of bile, which eliminates toxic waste.

Turmeric: reduces liver inflammation while boosting bile production. It also helps regenerate liver cells and excrete toxins.

Burdock root: helps clear congestion in the urinary, lymphatic and circulatory system. These actions ease the load on your liver.

N-acetyl cysteine (NAC): helps reduce the effects of chemicals and toxins in the liver.

Alpha lipoic acid: one of the few free radical fighters that is both fat and water soluble. Why is that important? Toxins hide out in fat cells but they canít hide from ALA. As a result, alpha lipoic acid is one of the most powerful nutrients to help restore the health of a liver damaged by drugs, alcohol or environmental toxins.

Trimethylglycine (TMG): helps protect against fatty deposits in the liver caused by alcohol, obesity and diabetes. In an impressive Italian study, patients taking TMG experienced better liver function and reduced fat in the liver. It also helped relieve their abdominal pain.

Dandelion root: has been shown in studies to double bile flow and help keep the liver enzymes in natural balance.

Olive leaf extract: contains oleuropein, a compound that destroys virus-infected cells while keeping healthy cells intact.

But very important to have the right  NA/K ratio since  only  then you will have energy to detox.
« Last Edit: 22/08/2013 06:37:29 by Gbolduev »

Offline Gbolduev

• View Profile
« Reply #18733 on: 22/08/2013 07:05:51 »
Fenugreek   -  ammonia  connection?

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16428643
Very interesting

Aspartic acid  lowers ammonia and raises testosterone
« Last Edit: 22/08/2013 07:11:34 by Gbolduev »

Offline Gbolduev

• View Profile
« Reply #18734 on: 22/08/2013 07:16:06 »
« Last Edit: 22/08/2013 07:20:35 by Gbolduev »

Offline Gbolduev

• View Profile
« Reply #18735 on: 22/08/2013 07:31:30 »
WOW this is big

Arginase, another manganese-containing enzyme, is required by the liver for the urea cycle, a process that detoxifies ammonia generated during amino acid metabolism.

In any case.. the balance is the only way to get cured.  Mineral balance and liver detox.  Symptoms relief  with herbs is not really a solution.

« Last Edit: 22/08/2013 07:33:57 by Gbolduev »

Offline Over it

• View Profile
« Reply #18736 on: 22/08/2013 12:42:56 »
How does squirting coffee up your ass help POIS?

Offline ajs

• View Profile
« Reply #18737 on: 22/08/2013 14:56:26 »
Gbolduev....I have really bad reactions when I take copper or zinc (pois symptoms) is that weird? I think you said that ferritin levels could indicate one way or another and mine was 53 ref range is 10-154

Offline Gbolduev

• View Profile
« Reply #18738 on: 22/08/2013 17:52:19 »
AJS

It is very hard tell by the symptoms  what supplements you need to take , since  even zinc in the beginning could cause  wild symptoms. But  if you  dont feel good on zinc or copper,  usually it means you have a LOW NA/K ratio/

Your thyroid must be low , but  you cant tolerate zinc  orally, since you have low manganese and iron.  Manganese copper and iron  support sodium side,    zinc  supports  potassium side.      So if your sodium is lower than potassium , although you need zinc  to increase your thyroid you  need manganese and iron  more. I would try 10 mg of manganese  with 200 mg of B5 for your case.   And 100 mg of iron  . I  assume you are a female/

Offline fornicationDENIED2

• View Profile
« Reply #18739 on: 22/08/2013 18:08:41 »
Ferritin 58.20 ng/mL range 12-300ng/ml
Ceruloplasmin 182.0 MG/L range 180.0-580.0MG/L
magnesium ionized 1.80MG/DL range 1.90 -2.70MG/DL
calcium ionized 10.00mg/dL 8.50-10.5 mg/dl
UIBC 325.0ug/dL range 155-300
iron 127.0ug/dl range 50- 212
total iron binding capacity 452 ug/dl range 250-450

Offline victor.kons

• View Profile
« Reply #18740 on: 22/08/2013 19:39:25 »
Hi Guys!

I'd like to share great progress of one of our first members on Russian forum Gringo:

I'd like to share my experience taking minerals!
I am 28 years old, POIS started when I was 18 to 22 I think. My symptoms after orgasm were getting worse and worse over time.
I must say that after 5 months of taking minerals (standard programme) POIS symptoms were gone by 80%.
In the past, after orgasm, my symptoms lasted about a week, and I needed another week to came into normal shape, that is, I returned to ideal state of body two weeks after O. My POIS was very heavy.
Before I started taking minerals, I had the following symptoms:
anemia, wanted nothing to do, drowsiness, constant pressure in the head, dullness, problems with speech, swelling on the face, looked terrible, pain in the eyes from bright light, loss of muscles, muscle weakness, indigestion, bloating, didn't want to talk to anyone, and people were not very happy to communicate with me , in football in general I could not play (catch the ball, pass the ball), and I had awful early ejaculation ... it was hell, not a life!
Before taking the minerals I had an eucalyptus cleaning twice, anti-parasites cleaning with trinity twice, once cleaned of Genghis Khan (garlic) .. but it is difficult to say whether this had an effect in my feeling better, probably - yes.
80% of my minerals were produced by Solgar, we have plenty of them here, though a little expensive.
3 months later I saw the standard program written by Herman, on a 4-month he recommended to add iron, at the end of the fifth month added manganese and copper. On the standard program I was much better, I became more confident, pain in the eyes disappeared and I felt a little more power, but the main POIS symptoms did not go away.
At the 4th month, I started drinking malic acid (during a month), and added iron, and at this moment the recovery began.
Iron cleared very unpleasant symptoms, anemia, lethargy, I've got much more energy has, that is, even while POIS I had strength. But still remained dullness, loss of muscle, bloating and pressure in the head.
Though Herman told me on a 3rd month, that we should start manganese, for some reason I ignored this instruction, and it wasn't wise from my side to ignore it. At the moment I am taking manganese for two weeks and I have a phenomenal clarity in mind, muscle weakness has gone, bloating and pressure almost gone.

I would like to write about premature ejaculation separately. Prior to receiving minerals I had a terrible sex, I finished immediately upon the introduction (2-3 sec.). And I had no energy for doing it.
After starting to take minerals I had sex about two times a month, my strength gradually increased. Every month I had longer and longer sex!
Right now, I still have some minor symptoms of POIS, but that's all rubbish, and I can perfectly live with them, and I think the symptoms will be completely gone in a month taking manganese.
Attached are my tests, I think I will put them right here, right in the post

Addition from me: tests on an image from top to botton:
Calcium Ionized
Serum Potassium
Serum Sodium
Chloride
Ceruloplasmin
---------------
Total T3
Free T3
Free T4
TSH
---------------
Serum Iron
Ferritine
Copper
Manganese

Reference ranges for test values are provided in the rightmost column of the image.
« Last Edit: 22/08/2013 19:53:43 by victor.kons »

Offline LAPOISSE2

• View Profile
« Reply #18741 on: 22/08/2013 20:25:13 »
Thanks for this testimony ;

I have a few questions :

Can we know a bit more about the "standard program" ?

why did herman added iron in your program ? Maybe Herman can come a last time to answer himself ? ; )

Offline Gbolduev

• View Profile
« Reply #18742 on: 22/08/2013 20:37:23 »
I am glad that Gringo improved so much.

Lapoisse,

Gringo did not follow standard program , I worked with him  directly.  Dont try to fit in his supplement regimen with yours, it will be completely different.  Everyone  has their own problem and program .

There is no standard program  which is  universal. Plus I  prefer to   do a step method  that I developed , this way  I dont get the conflicts between minerals as I saw happen on standard ARL programs.

Dont look at others people,  your  way to recovery will be completely different.     

• View Profile
« Reply #18743 on: 22/08/2013 21:19:42 »
old tests on full blown POIS
Thyroxine(T4) 8.60 UG/DL range 4.70-11.40
t3 uptake 32.79% range 24.0-40.0

I dont know what is wrong here
 I will try to do more thorough tests in the future if I can get the insurance to pay.

Offline Gbolduev

• View Profile
« Reply #18744 on: 22/08/2013 21:37:34 »
B-JIM

POIS is not about manganese. It is about balance.  I feed certain  ratios at certain times.  Lets say     you give one preson 15 mg manganese and 30 zinc and the other person  will get 15 mg and 15 zinc.  The results will be completely  different,  It is the exact ratio what matters, not  feeding the mineral.

Offline Prancer

• View Profile
« Reply #18745 on: 22/08/2013 22:33:04 »
Interesting about the olive leaf extract herman mentioned a few posts back. GoingCrazy has had some really great results with taking OLE. He talks about it in the other forum.

• View Profile
« Reply #18746 on: 23/08/2013 00:10:06 »
many zinc supplements are chelated, mine are Zinc Gluconate, does this have any disadvantage?

Offline acronym

• View Profile
« Reply #18747 on: 23/08/2013 01:08:44 »
Plus I  prefer to   do a step method  that I developed , this way  I dont get the conflicts between minerals as I saw happen on standard ARL programs.
Herman  - can you give me an example of the above ^.
             - The tests that Gringo had in his spreadsheet, do you know if this is from hair or saliva or blood serum?
Love reading a success story like Gringo's.

you give one preson 15 mg manganese and 30 zinc and the other person will get 15 mg and 15 zinc.
So that guys do not have to inundate you and can maybe take the initiative themselves... can you say what determines the difference here between these 2 cases. Is it simply the case that person A had lower levels of zinc in his hair/saliva/blood to begin with?
« Last Edit: 23/08/2013 01:14:57 by acronym »

Offline acronym

• View Profile
« Reply #18748 on: 23/08/2013 01:19:08 »
Interesting about the olive leaf extract herman mentioned a few posts back. GoingCrazy has had some really great results with taking OLE. He talks about it in the other forum.
OLE gets raved about, but I found it useless. I noticed more benefit from black seed oil, which I took for a little while. If it was on the store shelves instead of OLE, then I'd see it and be inclined to give it a run again. I had to order it online.

Offline Prancer

• View Profile
« Reply #18749 on: 23/08/2013 06:12:35 »
It's definitely very exciting to read Gringo's success story! Thank you for sharing Gringo's story with us victor.kons. When Daniel is cured I'll be very confident and comfortable trying this out for myself. He has constant POIS like me and has tried almost everything, so if it works for him then it might work for me and a lot of other sufferers.

This month is my 10-year anniversary for getting POIS, and I can't think of a better place to be as far as progress toward a cure.

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #18749 on: 23/08/2013 06:12:35 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums