The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome (POIS)  (Read 6447477 times)

Offline LAPOISSE2

• View Profile
Re: Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome (POIS)
« Reply #18975 on: 11/10/2013 13:47:46 »
Nathan's and all other got better mostly because they believed and decided they were going to get better ; Be some kind of medical authority, tell people you know what problem they have, and that there are going to get better...in 80% of the case, they are going to get better unless there is a serious organic problem. Placebo effect is huge on POIS...It means something and we should use it.
Regarding the variety of technics and treatments we have seen here that was efficient, POIS is very likely a somatic related disorder.
It doesn't mean we dont have physical problem ; It's clear that you can get vascular problem, gut problem, nervous system problem etc caused by  unapropriate thinking patterns.
It doensn't make sense that 30 diferents technics cure people that were 100% sure of having POIS ; non exhaustivly,  cure was testosterone, SSRI, most of herbs we can find in the market, vitamine regimen, progesterone, cognitive therapy, multimineral therapy, panchakarma, channel calcium blockers, treatment for pyroluria,testicule removal,  etc...and it just the one I remember.

My experience is after tried pretty much everything that the least I focus on it, the better I am ; POIS is surely a 21th century disease like CFS or neurovegetative dystonia, it's possibly linked to some bad habits or toxines but I guess the best we can do to help ourself is recognised that it's somatic related- maybe 30% maybe 90%- and that we have a big part to play in the cure process...it's less confortable, demand more courage but it's probably our best shot to have a better life

Offline CertainlyPOIS

• View Profile
« Reply #18976 on: 11/10/2013 13:52:12 »

could it be stomach parasites we have?
That sounds like a loud of crap to me. This sounds more credible: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypochondriasis
So we have all established that Hermans alchemical recipes are a load of crap yeah?
Now all we need is for Nathan's doctor to realize that his detox treatment was not the real reason why Nathan is feeling better.
This 80% crap....It's all bullsh*t.....

I am waiting on Bdaniel to get final verdict on herman. It looks like bdaniel is willing to see the treatment through and give a good evaluation of it.

Offline ajs

• View Profile
« Reply #18977 on: 11/10/2013 20:34:25 »
I think this has already been addressed but I just wanted to know how many of u have back or neck problems..pinched nerve or bad back spasms or shoulder (right shoulder)
 problems like repetitive stress?

Offline Over it

• View Profile
« Reply #18978 on: 12/10/2013 10:09:15 »
I think this has already been addressed but I just wanted to know how many of u have back or neck problems..pinched nerve or bad back spasms or shoulder (right shoulder)
 problems like repetitive stress?
Absolutely, absolutely, I get terrible back, neck, shoulder, and pelvic pain/stiffness on the right hand side only during POIS. I get black rings around my eyes too, & what feels like an inflamed prostate. And my voice becomes very weak and croaky. And my breathing becomes shallow. And I feel like sh1t... Just sayin.

Offline Over it

• View Profile
« Reply #18979 on: 12/10/2013 10:23:49 »
It doensn't make sense that 30 diferents technics cure people that were 100% sure of having POIS ; non exhaustivly,  cure was testosterone, SSRI, most of herbs we can find in the market, vitamine regimen, progesterone, cognitive therapy, multimineral therapy, panchakarma, channel calcium blockers, treatment for pyroluria,testicule removal,  etc...and it just the one I remember.

Don't forget tonsil removal & UARS..... I totally agree. 30 different effective remidies for the same affliction. Doesn't that strike anyone else as a little odd? Or maybe those that are cured didn't really have POIS, & they were just faking it?
My experience is after tried pretty much everything that the least I focus on it, the better I am ; POIS is surely a 21th century disease like CFS or neurovegetative dystonia

The same disorder was around in the 19th century but is was known as neurasthenia.

Offline Over it

• View Profile
« Reply #18980 on: 12/10/2013 10:46:24 »

It is possible to have overgrowth of bacteria and parasites but you have to go to a gastroenterologists to get proof. If there is an overgrowth of anything they probably will cause problems.
A consistent member that has been here a while believes he has cured is pois through his gastroenterologist. His gastroenterlogist treated him for overgrowth of bacteria.

I pray that it is parasites or bacteria. That would be easy. I don't doubt harmful parasites or bacteria exist. Infact just the other day my sister was diagnosed with celiacs disease by some quack without doing any real tests what-so-ever. He gave her a very strict and unsatisfying dietary regime to follow. I told her that she was a fool if she accepted what this d1ckhead said whithout any evidence & she was potentially sentencing herself to a barren life without bread or other such gluteny treats for no reason at all. Anyway, she got properly tested and had actually contracted a parasite from overseas and was appropriately treated.

Do you know which bacterium was responsible for the longterm POISers POIS? When you discover it's name & the mechanism by which it creates POIS symptoms, can you let me know so I can tell my doctor.

Offline CertainlyPOIS

• View Profile
« Reply #18981 on: 13/10/2013 02:18:16 »

It is possible to have overgrowth of bacteria and parasites but you have to go to a gastroenterologists to get proof. If there is an overgrowth of anything they probably will cause problems.
A consistent member that has been here a while believes he has cured is pois through his gastroenterologist. His gastroenterlogist treated him for overgrowth of bacteria.

I pray that it is parasites or bacteria. That would be easy. I don't doubt harmful parasites or bacteria exist. Infact just the other day my sister was diagnosed with celiacs disease by some quack without doing any real tests what-so-ever. He gave her a very strict and unsatisfying dietary regime to follow. I told her that she was a fool if she accepted what this d1ckhead said whithout any evidence & she was potentially sentencing herself to a barren life without bread or other such gluteny treats for no reason at all. Anyway, she got properly tested and had actually contracted a parasite from overseas and was appropriately treated.

Do you know which bacterium was responsible for the longterm POISers POIS? When you discover it's name & the mechanism by which it creates POIS symptoms, can you let me know so I can tell my doctor.

Some bacterias and parasites dont have to create loud symptoms for them to have an effect on the body. I will ask if he is still getting relief and more details on the bacterias.

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18982 on: 14/10/2013 05:07:55 »
demografx
John21
B_Jim

hello
Who will participate in the study ?

thank you

It will be made known once the POIS researchers are hired to begin their in-depth medical/scientific study of POIS.

johanstefansson

« Reply #18983 on: 14/10/2013 08:41:16 »
some days ago i stimulated my girlfriend and she stimulated me, just to the edge.
she came, i did not.

30 min later i had a crazy stomach- and testicle pain, had to go back to bed. only relief was niacin plus ejaculation 5 hours later.

the testicle congestion, blue balls, was more obvious than ever before. i thought my prostate was gonna brake.

johanstefansson

« Reply #18984 on: 14/10/2013 08:49:35 »

could it be stomach parasites we have?
This 80% crap....It's all bullsh*t.....

I am waiting on Bdaniel to get final verdict on herman. It looks like bdaniel is willing to see the treatment through and give a good evaluation of it.

I am gonna try a garlic treatment for some months and see if it works. Will get back with results here.
I can see why many as 30 different treatments could help, they all relax us which helps the immune system. Garlic has helped a lot of people.

http://www.bodystore.com/3/sv/artiklar/kwai-300-mg-100-tabletter

the symptoms of intestinal parasites are very much like what i have.
Maybe its some foreign parasite hitting me with my poor immune defense.
« Last Edit: 14/10/2013 08:59:06 by johanstefansson »

Offline BrettA

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #18985 on: 16/10/2013 04:19:26 »
Hi Guys.  My name is Brett.  I had POIS for 8 years and just presented my personal story on the main stage... 

<link removed by Mod>

For most people at the conference it was the first time they'd ever heard of it.  Look forward to chatting.  And a special thanks to buddies daniel_b, rock27, and yaniv, along with a few other whose names I know, but forgot their handles.  They're the guys I'm referring to in my talk. 
« Last Edit: 16/10/2013 12:40:19 by peppercorn »

Offline Over it

• View Profile
« Reply #18986 on: 16/10/2013 11:47:38 »
Hi Guys.  My name is Brett.  I had POIS for 8 years and just presented my personal story on the main stage
<link removed>

For most people at the conference it was the first time they'd ever heard of it.  Look forward to chatting.  And a special thanks to buddies daniel_b, rock27, and yaniv, along with a few other whose names I know, but forgot their handles.  They're the guys I'm referring to in my talk.
Can you not spruik your commercial product here please? There are enough charlatans on here as it is.
« Last Edit: 16/10/2013 12:39:52 by peppercorn »

Offline Kima

• View Profile
« Reply #18987 on: 16/10/2013 15:58:25 »
BrettA

You know how to treat pois?
thank you
« Last Edit: 16/10/2013 16:01:08 by Kima »

Offline BrettA

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #18988 on: 16/10/2013 18:07:33 »
Hi Guys.  My name is Brett.  I had POIS for 8 years and just presented my personal story on the main stage
<link removed>

Can you not spruik your commercial product here please? There are enough charlatans on here as it is.

Thanks for the welcome.  :)

Offline BrettA

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #18989 on: 16/10/2013 18:18:58 »
BrettA

You know how to treat pois?
thank you

Hi Kima, 

I don't claim to know how to treat POIS.  In my opinion, POIS describes a spectrum of conditions.  In my specific case, I had a confirmed POIS-like reaction to exposure to my own semen (intradermal injection and sublingual).  I also was perfectly healthy before becoming sexually active.  Since I confirmed my own case was semen hypersensitivity, I've done a couple of years desensitization, first sublingual immunotherapy for 1 year, and then subcutaneous immunotherapy for about 6 months (still ongoing).  I've gone from feeling terrible all the time at a frequency of 1X per week, to feeling quite good at about 3X O's per week, which is why I've decided to go public with the fact I had POIS. 

I know there are people on here that are not allergic, like b_daniel.  I do think it's a good idea to be tested by an allergist if you suspect semen allergy. 

Offline ricky79

• View Profile
« Reply #18990 on: 16/10/2013 18:31:07 »
<link removed>

Thanks for the welcome.  :)

Yes not a good welcome. I see almost no activity over here anymore. Not sure what is the aim of the moderator but it seams to be getting a bad effect.

Offline POISmonk

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #18991 on: 16/10/2013 19:01:10 »
For the record the "Porphoria" supplements: Zinc, Manganese and Vitamin B6 (Pyradoxine) - typically have no effect on POIS, although I'm happy to hear that it helped our Russian friends. As for Pumpkin Seeds they MUST be RAW, the reason for this is that many of the healthy fats/oils that they contain are heat labile and if you buy them roasted, you lose these fats. Get organic raw pumkin seeds and rinse them in a collender prior to ingestion.
POIS is caused by a virulent form of CMV - there are many products available that can suppress the production of CMV, however like chicken pox (Vericella Zoster Virus) and Herpes (Herpes Zoster Virus) you will have to deal with this virus for the rest of your existance. The Key is to suppress production of CMV and get a lot of Sun, Vitamin D and to stay active, get rid of the lymph in your body, keep stress to a minimum. Go to LA and listen to Demo play the Piano. Avoid Arginine, avoid nuts and chocolate, use a lot of L-Lysine. Sustained release Zinc like Cold Ease. I'm sorry for your plight, we have found that some injectable antivirals have been very effective against CMV, but at this time most are very costly and do not provide a "cure". Keep your Vitamin C high, your carbs low, keep in good spirits, laugh often, stay away from situations that make you angry, get enough quality sleep, walk about a mile a day minimum, breathe completely and fully. Best of luck to my POIS brothers.

Offline LAPOISSE2

• View Profile
« Reply #18992 on: 17/10/2013 08:39:26 »
Hi Guys.  My name is Brett.  I had POIS for 8 years and just presented my personal story on the main stage... 

<link removed by Mod>

Hi Brett,

Sorry for the "welcome"..I had the chance to see your video before someone removed it as it was considered as an adv..too bad..

Congrats for having been in stage talking about that..should have not been easy...You should to be, like most of us here pretty anxious...
In my opinion, allergy theory in very un-conclusive ; I guess that the fact that there is a kind of scientific background that suport this theory help people getting better with it.
I'm sure right now that mental plays a big part in POIS...Kill the anxiety, you'll kill a big part of the POIS.It's not satysfying to say that we are anxious because of POIS, and that is the way it is, and we'll not try to improve that...it's lost of time, lost of life.

To POIS Monk, could you explain that rational about your CMV theory...it's a brand new one...n148 maybe

Thanks

Offline Over it

• View Profile
« Reply #18993 on: 17/10/2013 11:49:37 »
[Sorry for the "welcome"..I had the chance to see your video before someone removed it as it was considered as an adv..too bad..
I can give you some more reasons to apologise for me if you like:
It was a pathetic attempt to advertise a product.
I'm glad the moderator removed the link.
I wish I could un-see the video.
BrettA offers no treatment or insight into POIS.
The allergy hypothesis has been all but debunked (Why else would Waldinger abandon his research?).
Long story short, I think BrettA put his sperm in his mouth for no good reason.

Offline LAPOISSE2

• View Profile
« Reply #18994 on: 17/10/2013 11:59:49 »
Over it, please dont be stupid...he did not advertize anything ; it was a video of him talking in a stage about POIS ; He offers non treatment : OK, like anybody else in here...

Offline Over it

• View Profile
« Reply #18995 on: 17/10/2013 12:03:09 »
Keep your Vitamin C high, your carbs low, keep in good spirits, laugh often, stay away from situations that make you angry, get enough quality sleep, walk about a mile a day minimum, breathe completely and fully. Best of luck to my POIS brothers.

How does keeping in good spirits, laughing (often), avoiding things that make you angry, walking one mile (min), & breathing  completely and fully, help your immune system kill a virus?
I couldn't even be bothered thoroughly researching this so called CMV virus. But maybe you can tell me; if it is similar and common like the herpes virus, shouldnt a large majority of people have it, & consequently, have POIS? I did read that the symptoms are typically gone between a 10 days to 3 months. There are cases of POIS that have effected people for over 30 yrs. Unless they had a compromised immune system, how can this be?

Also, because it is a virus, shouldn't there be a heightened & measurable immune response that can confirm its presence?

Offline Over it

• View Profile
« Reply #18996 on: 17/10/2013 12:11:32 »
Over it, please dont be stupid...he did not advertize anything ; it was a video of him talking in a stage about POIS ; He offers non treatment : OK, like anybody else in here...

BrettA,

Is that online interface/database thingy that the video showed you planning on the whiteboard and taliking about on that stage, something that you have developed with your own funds? If so, you are a very benevolent person and God will have a special place in heaven for you.

LAPOISSE2, I hate it when we fight.

Offline LAPOISSE2

• View Profile
« Reply #18997 on: 17/10/2013 13:16:10 »

BrettA,

Is that online interface/database thingy that the video showed you planning on the whiteboard and taliking about on that stage, something that you have developed with your own funds? If so, you are a very benevolent person and God will have a special place in heaven for you.

LAPOISSE2, I hate it when we fight.

Yes that was my point..we should be more nice with new comers ; Sorry if I said "stupid" ; )

Offline acronym

• View Profile
« Reply #18998 on: 18/10/2013 01:39:43 »
POIS is caused by a virulent form of CMV - there are many products available that can suppress the production of CMV, however like chicken pox (Vericella Zoster Virus) and Herpes (Herpes Zoster Virus) you will have to deal with this virus for the rest of your existance. The Key is to suppress production of CMV and get a lot of Sun, Vitamin D and to stay active, get rid of the lymph in your body, keep stress to a minimum. Go to LA and listen to Demo play the Piano. Avoid Arginine, avoid nuts and chocolate, use a lot of L-Lysine. Sustained release Zinc like Cold Ease. I'm sorry for your plight, we have found that some injectable antivirals have been very effective against CMV, but at this time most are very costly and do not provide a "cure". Keep your Vitamin C high, your carbs low, keep in good spirits, laugh often, stay away from situations that make you angry, get enough quality sleep, walk about a mile a day minimum, breathe completely and fully. Best of luck to my POIS brothers.

So monk, how are you so sure about CMV to make this claim. Its not like you are even hinting CMV could play a part in effecting our immune system rather you are saying Cytomegalovirus is the cause of POIS. A huge claim, based on what evidence?....that you got diagnosed for CMV and did those things you mentioned in your post, and hey presto your POIS also went away (just 1 case)?  You talked about a form of CMV though.

I gather most of the population has CMV but its latent, and only immune compromised individuals have problems with it. How do you know its not the other way around and that maybe POIS is activating CMV.  Why is this virus targeting males so much more?
« Last Edit: 18/10/2013 01:52:57 by acronym »

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18999 on: 18/10/2013 03:35:00 »

<link removed by Moderator>

Pure promotional nonsense .
« Last Edit: 19/10/2013 03:49:40 by demografx »

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #18999 on: 18/10/2013 03:35:00 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums

Login
Login with username, password and session length