The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome (POIS)  (Read 6433387 times)

Offline Kima

• View Profile
Re: Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome (POIS)
« Reply #19050 on: 09/11/2013 13:53:29 »
Gonda. I said Germany not Herman, you idiot. I have no idea if Hermans cure works , he never treated me. I am  getting my hairtest tommorow from ARL, but some people on the russian forum are feeling much better in 2 days on his diet already.Too bad he wont help you , morons  any more. HAHA

Offline gondal4

• View Profile
« Reply #19051 on: 09/11/2013 14:45:50 »
It is strange to me Selenium-methionine helps relieve the symptoms of pois
Kima what an idiot u r,u said u were cured by germany?

Treatment Herman, does not help
Herman knows no cure pois
He conducted experiments on us

Kima,Russia
See now u IDIOT

Offline gondal4

• View Profile
« Reply #19052 on: 09/11/2013 14:47:13 »
Gonda. I said Germany not Herman, you idiot. I have no idea if Hermans cure works , he never treated me. I am  getting my hairtest tommorow from ARL, but some people on the russian forum are feeling much better in 2 days on his diet already.Too bad he wont help you , morons  any more. HAHA
which post TO B BELIEVED KIMA IS herman

Offline kurtosis

• View Profile
« Reply #19053 on: 09/11/2013 14:47:36 »
I'll probably regret posting this because posts tend to turn into wars here :) but fatty acid metabolism, Idoleamine, NAD levels, use of niacin, nicotinamide and nicotinamide riboside for treatment of IDO dysregulation and auto-immune diseases are all related.
Read  http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17430113
Here's an extract
"Collectively these observations support the idea that autoimmune disease may in part be considered as localised pellagra manifesting symptoms particular to the inflamed target tissues."

And another
"Distinct among the NAD precursors, nicotinic acid specifically activates the g-protein coupled receptor (GPCR) GPR109a to produce the IDO-inducing tolerogenic prostaglandins PGE(2) and PGD(2). Next, PGD(2) is converted to the anti-inflammatory prostaglandin, 15d-PGJ(2)"
So long as you don't have fatty acid synthesis issues of course. In which case you'd adjust your diet with different levels of Omega 3 v Omega 6 to influence synthesis of anti- rather than pro-inflammatory prostaglandins.

In any event, I think that niacin works for POIS by increasing 15d-PGJ(2) levels following the PGD2 release (prostaglandins) which we call "the flush". Niacin didn't work for everybody and I think the reason is fatty acid synthesis impairment and the PGD2 to 15d-PGJ(2) conversion step.

Not be alarmist but there is an extreme form of IDO dysregulation which appears to have a genetic link.
"The importance of IDO dysregulation manifest as autoimmune pellagric dementia is genetically illustrated for Nasu-Hakola Disease (or PLOSL), which is caused by a mutation in the IDO antagonizing genes TYROBP/DAP12 or TREM2. Loss of function leads to psychotic symptoms rapidly progressing to presenile dementia likely due to unchecked increases in microglial IDO expression, which depletes neurons of tryptophan causing neurodegeneration"
I'm not suggesting anyone has this but some of us have reported moments of symptoms similar to what NHD suffers experience. Psychosis, paranoia and signs of demential such as extreme forgetfulness.

They conclude with
Alternatively the direct targeting of the non-redox NAD-dependent proteins using resveratrol to activate SIRT1 or PJ34 in order to inhibit PARP1 and prevent autoimmune pathogenesis are also given consideration.
I'd argue that nicotinamide riboside (NR) may do both; increase NAD & activate SIRT1 as a result. However, that needs further testing outside the mice model which is promising.  See

Whey protein contains both tryptophan and NR in relatively easy to digest form. It's possible that IDO and FADS2 combine in some suffers to produce localised pellagra and an autoimmune reaction. In some sufferers niacin alone would alleviate some of the symptoms or even sufficient whey protein but in others it may take a combination of supplements to modify prostaglandin synthesis such that it's anti rather than pro-inflammatory. Elevated PGE1 prostaglandins have been found in schizophrenic patients.
Herman is right that zinc is one of the minerals that help reduce inflammation. One way is by encouraging supplementary GLA to be converted to DGLA (anti-inflammatory) rather than arachidonic acid (AA) which is pro-inflammatory. See http://umm.edu/health/medical/altmed/supplement/gammalinolenic-acid
Other nutrients required to support DGLA synthesis are magnesium, b6, niacin/b3 and vitamin C.

My recollection from emails from POIS sufferers in the past is that some claimed schizophrenic-like symptoms. I have a schizophrenic relative and I think these are related too. All the secrets are in the genome imho.
I also remember that Daveman who was very pro-Niacin mentioned eating some seeds that were high in essential fatty acids. Would be interesting to compare the fatty-acid profile of the diets of niacin responders and non-responders.

So this theory is a bit out there, a bit on the fringe of medical knowledge but possible. Anyway, that was part of the theory I was wondering about in my previous post and I think some doctor somewhere should follow up on it. I can't prove any of this but I can show a link to bowel disease and SIBO.

I'm sure Herman will be delighted to read this even though he's "gone" :), I have a homozygous IDO1 mutation with the following Google NSP search page
http://scholar.google.com/scholar?q=rs12545877

I'll post the citations below for those disinclined to click a link.
[CITATION] W1236 NOD2 Mutations Compromise Host Defense Mechanisms to Enteric Bacteria as Shown by Decreased NF-kB in Human B Cells After Muramyl …
Z Lin, G John, JP Hegarty, A Berg, TY Li, DM Pastor… - …, 2010 - WB Saunders
All 2 versions Cite
[CITATION] W1234 Non-Synonymous Polymorphisms in the Tryptophan Catabolism Pathway: Correlation to Crohn's Disease Risk and Phenotype
A Lee, N Gupta, WF Stenson, MA Ciorba - Gastroenterology, 2010 - WB Saunders
All 2 versions Cite
[CITATION] W1233 Genotype-Subphenotype Correlations Between Established Crohn's Disease Risk Alleles and Disease Location
A Lee, TZ Li, H Chen, T Zhang, W Zhu, E Li - Gastroenterology, 2010 - WB Saunders
All 2 versions Cite
[CITATION] W1235 Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD)-Associated DNA Methylation in B Cells From IBD Patients
Z Lin, JP Hegarty, W Yu, JA Cappel, X Chen… - …, 2010 - WB Saunders
All 2 versions Cite
[CITATION] W1237 Haptoglobin Poymorphisms are Associated With Ulcerative Colitis and Crohn's Disease
L Marquez, I Cleynen, K Machiels, S Organe… - …, 2010 - WB Saunders
All 2 versions Cite
The human indoleamine 2, 3-dioxygenase gene and related human genes
MF Murray - Current drug metabolism, 2007 - ingentaconnect.com
... 1 rs35059413 G124A (unknown) first A 4 T Exon 1, nonsynonymous 2 rs35099072 G344A
(unknown) second R 77 H Exon 3, nonsynonymous 3 rs12545877 G428A (G) second R 105
K Exon 4, nonsynonymous 4 rs4463407 T434G (T) second I 107 S Exon 4, nonsynonymous ...
Cited by 23 Related articles All 4 versions Cite
[CITATION] W1232 A Highly Significant Association of Tumor Necrosis Factor Superfamily Member 15 Gene With Inflammatory Bowel Disease in China
F Zhou, T Jiang, L Ge, Z Chen, J Zhao, B Xia - Gastroenterology, 2010 - WB Saunders
All 2 versions Cite

That's why I take the stuff I take, the comment about "preventative so POIS doesn't recur". IBD can lead to SIBO because the inflammation affects a cleansing reflex that kills bad gut bacteria, inter alia other reasons. I didn't think it was particularly relevant to discuss any of this before because it's not something you can go to your doctor and say "hey, I'd like a treatment for X" and I'm convinced there are multiple paths to POIS symptoms based on there being multiple pathways to impaired fatty acid synthesis and also "localised pellagra". I don't even know how a doctor would diagnose it. I just got lucky and stuff made sense in my clearer-headed space after the SIBO treatment.

As Kima and Herman pointed out, infection does "rob" tryptophan. However, this forum ran for years without people insulting and abusing each other daily. Please stop being horrible to each other.

I wish you all good luck and I don't think I have much more to contribute.

Offline nomore2013

• View Profile
« Reply #19054 on: 09/11/2013 17:19:17 »
i also had a amino acids test done by great plains laboratory, and all of them were low or very low.

correction!

i had a amino acid urine test by great plains laboratory, and all the amino acids were low or very low.

but

i also had a amino acid plasma test done by metametrix, and everything was normal, except for glycine, serine, which were high. i think this indicates a problem with methylation and detoxification. and also glutamine was high, which has something to do with muscle loss and/or subclinical ammonia toxicty. the recommendation by the lab was alpha ketoglutaric acid, a form of glutamine, which helps detoxify ammonia and convert b6 into its active form p5p, which is used for amino acid metabolism. where does ammonia come from, i think from SIBO.

i was told not to supplement with alpha ketoglutaric acid by my naturopath, because it will increase the glutamine levels even more and lead to increase in the excitotoxin glutamate.

is that true? i dont know. i dont know what to do, or how it all fits together. i just wanted to say there is a difference in amino acids urine test and blood plasma test, and i dont know which one is better, which one is good and which one isnt. or if they show different things, and you just have to know how to interpret them. i was told the blood test is good, and it is consistent with other labs i did as well. i am going to stick with the blood test for now.

Offline Kima

• View Profile
« Reply #19055 on: 09/11/2013 18:54:10 »
On this site, three people were cured, it's Nathan, Gurov, and one participant (tonsils removed and Pois recovered.) This is all infections in the body.
« Last Edit: 09/11/2013 18:56:16 by Kima »

Offline Dean93

• View Profile
« Reply #19056 on: 11/11/2013 19:38:48 »
Hey guys

I haven't been here in a while. Does anyone mind updating me?

Offline meteo74

• View Profile
« Reply #19057 on: 12/11/2013 08:32:20 »
There is Missing link..
Some people got cured and when you say how, then the answer is by so and so then this treatment is just for this man and well not success for the other because our bodies are different... , our pois is the same and the cause of pois is the same .. so there is missing link..
« Last Edit: 12/11/2013 08:35:32 by meteo74 »

Offline acronym

• View Profile
« Reply #19058 on: 13/11/2013 00:51:41 »
Hi,

We finally reached the success with Gaurav's POIS and now he completely cures from POIS. But cause for his POIS is completely different from mine where for me it is due to accumulation of toxins in the body and the same was cleared through panchakarma process.

Whereas as updated earlier, we (my dr.kumar's suggestion) tried panchakarma treatment on Gaurav, but found 40% result and his POIS bounce back after two months. Again in coordination with Gaurav's physician, Dr.Kumar suspected nervous system imbalance is the reason for the Gaurav's POIS. For this he suggested various medicines and nothing worked on him.  Finally, Gaurav found Wisdom Tooth in both sides of his lower jaw and apparently there was no physical pain. In X-ray it is found that the Wisdom tooth gone depth and due to this there was a imbalance in nervous system function of Gaurav.  One month back, he removed his Wisdom Tooth by extraction (small dental surgery) and now he is out of POIS.   This is the result of Gaurav's status.   

Hi Natham. I realize English is not your primary language, but can you do us (well me anyway) a favor and explain a little better, what you meant with the bolded comment above. For me, I would be pretty reluctant of having a tooth pulled on the basis of 'possible nervous system imbalance'. I would want to have a definite negative medical condition to go ahead with that. Its a great outcome for Gaurav for sure, but its a bit of an unscientific explanation for his pois for many of us here I feel.
Was it an impacted wisdom teeth (the tooth is below the gum line)? 

Offline hurray

• View Profile
« Reply #19059 on: 13/11/2013 13:07:57 »
Hello, I haven't posted here for a while.

Just went over to poiscenter.com, the forum is dead. What happened? Did everyone get better?

Any news on how the POIS research is going with the $30,000 NORD grant? Or any news on when there will be some more news?

Fenugreek is still doing a good job for me, I'm pleased to say. I haven't had much luck with Niacin. A good meal and Fenugreek before O is the best thing I have managed to come up with, after trying A LOT of other different pills etc.

Offline kurtosis

• View Profile
« Reply #19060 on: 15/11/2013 09:58:09 »
Fenugreek is still doing a good job for me, I'm pleased to say.

That's a good point Hurray. For the moment, we must be content with such small successes. :)

Hurray, B_Jim.
I'd like to make a small suggestion regarding Fenugreek. If it's working for you I'd like to understand why.
Given the role of lysine in fighting some viruses (herpes via arginine competition) and as a fundamental building block of collagen in the body, I'd like to suggest you take a lysine/proline combination instead-of the fenugreek for about a week or 2 and see what happens. Then try the lysine/proline combination with a half dose of fenugreek.

I've often wondered whether people with illnesses such as CFS who claim improvement through lysine supplementation are actually fighting an underlying but chronic herpes viral infection.

As I mentioned in my last post, it may be practically difficult to distinguish between an autoimmune disease and a localised form of pellagra. Inadequate lysine consumption or over-utilisation may also produce pellagra symptoms of "brain fog", poor motor control, skin problems etc. so what I'm interested to learn is whether lysine is the active ingredient in the fenugreek that improves things for you.

Good luck!

Offline Kima

• View Profile
« Reply #19061 on: 16/11/2013 17:26:40 »
hello
demografx
 There had to be November 1 conference in Dubai. Internet silent.
When will the research?

thank you
« Last Edit: 16/11/2013 17:29:59 by Kima »

Offline mellivora

• View Profile
« Reply #19062 on: 17/11/2013 18:18:13 »
Kima, the last I heard (from a post in poiscenter) is that a researcher will be named by NORD at the end of November or early December.  I don't know when the named researcher will commence work on POIS.

On a general note (and I am nothing more than one of the many POIS sufferers on the forum with no more say in what goes on here than anyone else), I wanted to add my voice to some recent calls for a bit of peace:

This forum used to be a very positive place. There are still many hints of that. When it comes to digesting and responding to posts here, sometimes its useful to remember that there are a lot of people here not writing posts in their first language. Sometimes its worth remembering people here often post while they are in a POIS state. And its always worth remembering that behind every name here is a human being and almost certainly one who has experienced the ruin that POIS can bring. We have a wide range of ages  and experiences within the forum. If you disagree with a comment on the forum or believe a different theory, its ok to say so but please don't be abusive. It doesn't help anyone and invariably reflects badly on the abuser.

I agree that there are inconsistencies in some people's posts. Some people here have made posts saying one thing and later made a post seemingly saying completely the opposite. Its ok to politely ask for an explanation and its ok to ignore the posts of people you don't agree with. However, its not good for the forum (and therefore everyone else who relies on it) to be rude and abusive and to post personal non-constructive criticisms of people. As has been mentioned by others, its also not helpful to prematurely declare cures for POIS or to present  as facts things that  are merely hunches or your own theories. There are people here who can be in desperate and vulnerable states of mind and  may be influenced in many ways by what you post. So please be mindful of this.

Please take a moment to think about where you would be without this forum and without poiscenter. Other POIS sufferers are the only people who truly understand what having POIS means and whether you visit here regularly or just occasionally, I'm certain that the world would be a far more lonely place without knowing that you can access the  support, contact and ideas of fellow sufferers when you want to. For my first five years of POIS there were only baffled and often unhelpful doctors. There was no forum and there wasn't even a name for our condition. I know I wouldn't want to return to that isolation. I don't post all the time but you people that make up this site are very important to me and I'm grateful you're here.

Personally, I'm finding the theories of Herman and Kurtosis the most interesting I've read for my case in a long time, perhaps the most interesting to me ever, and I'm very grateful for that hope. As some of you will know, my POIS began after I had radio-iodine treatment for an overactive thyroid which, following the treatment, made me, in effect, underactive (because most of the thyroid gland was killed off). The theories involving mineral imbalances and  tryptophan metabolic pathways are interesting as  they are probably the easiest I've come across to relate to thyroid issues.. I've been pretty conservative compared to most people here when it comes to trying different remedies for POIS and I tend to only try things when theories based on research papers i can read make sense to me. I'll be sure to post any progress I make following these theories.

In the meantime… Life's too short for personal attacks and slander…please try to post positively, constructively or when you really need help. Think about how your responses sound to others before you post them and post with respect…Its easier to paddle the boat when we're not hitting each other over the head with the oars.

Offline John21

• View Profile
« Reply #19063 on: 17/11/2013 21:34:59 »
I haven't contributed for a while as I have been completely O-free for a long time. But last night I had an NE but I am happy to report that I have no POIS effects.

Recent thinking and significant changes to my diet:

1. A couple of months ago I eliminated nightshade foods from my diet. Primarily I stopped eating potatoes and tomatoes. I am doing so in considering if POIS might be caused by cholinesterase inhibiting foods.

2. I have recently started eating small amounts of fava beans nightly, which might be boosting my dopamine levels by supplying the precurser L-Dopa. I have definitely felt better in general while consuming the fava beans, and my sleep has improved slightly. My double vision has not improved.

One idea how these changes might have resulted in a POIS-free orgasm is that either one might correcting a poor acetacholine/dopamine ratio, potentially caused by cholinesterase inhibition of solanine. Or, it might simply be a result of having a chronic low dopamine level. Note that fenugreek also contains precursers to dopamine, and it has helped some with POIS. If it were that simple then my POIS could be due to low dopamine. If so when when I orgasm and dopamine levels are driven down lower, this might cause havoc when running on a low tank of dopamine. Or it might be that I am very sensitive to the solanine in nightshades, affecting my acetylcholine system and throwing off the Ach/DA ratio. This also makes sense as my double vision is most likely caused by a problem with my acetylcholine system.

I welcome any thoughts on these ideas.

Offline chris 18

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #19064 on: 18/11/2013 08:16:26 »
I haven't contributed for a while as I have been completely O-free for a long time. But last night I had an NE but I am happy to report that I have no POIS effects.

Hello John21, i noticed some other POIS sufferers dont present symptoms from NocturnalEmission's just like you (speaking for me also) or very mild symptoms that clear very quick.So I was thinking, if we dont present symptoms in NE's then why we dont look up the differences between sperm contained in NE's with sperm contained in Orgasm or what procedures does ejaculation follows in NE's compared to orgasm so we can find the cause of the problem.I think its something worth searching.What do you think ?

Offline John21

• View Profile
« Reply #19065 on: 18/11/2013 11:25:47 »
I have always experienced POIS with an NE, so if it happens that I don't, it is very unusual. The only thing that has reduced the symptoms in the past have been diet related, mainly eating anti-inflammatory foods.

Wayne

johanstefansson

« Reply #19066 on: 18/11/2013 18:06:02 »
Hi everyone!

Every time i take a heavy sh1t in bathroom, i have a sperm leakage.

Nocturnal emissions gives me less symptoms.

Staying away from porn has effect for me.

Trying allergy pills now.

Offline John21

• View Profile
« Reply #19067 on: 18/11/2013 23:29:04 »
That's good news John ! There is no difference between NE and normal orgasm for me too. You must continue your experience to see if it works several times.
From my experience, you need a lot of food to hope a real but small effect. I will have a look on these beans (I think I eat same familly of these beans but maybe a different version).

Edit :
Yes, some studies showed a improvement of Parkinson's disease with these beans.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1527547?dopt=Citation
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10634260?dopt=Citation

It's a really good idea ! 250g of beans 5-10 hours before orgasm.
It seems all these bean are the same family or close, probably all contains L-Dopa : "broad beans", "fèves" (in french). I would say I usually eat them 2 or 3 times a year.

I wonder if your finding could be a real test for Pois sufferers to know once and for all if dopamine is part of Pois or not.

BJim, Fava beans come in two types: the broad beans which I think are in that picture, and smaller roundish ones. The smaller ones are what I have been eating. They are much better to eat, as they are more mashable, and I think they are also less tough. They can sometimes be hard to find at the grocery store, if there is a Thai food section they might be in that. I found mine at a middle-east grocery store.

Offline gondal4

• View Profile
« Reply #19068 on: 19/11/2013 13:06:22 »
Had strong POIS from urinating ,it had some sperm in it..I was at workplace and after that it was hell for mr :-[

Offline RD

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19069 on: 19/11/2013 14:37:28 »
Had strong POIS from urinating ,it had some sperm in it.

Possibly previously* there had been retrograde ejaculation

[ * maybe nocturnal
« Last Edit: 19/11/2013 14:42:39 by RD »

johanstefansson

« Reply #19070 on: 20/11/2013 08:18:48 »
Orgasm last night. Hardly any symptoms this morning. Here is how i did it.

No masturbation or porn for 6+ months.

Prior to sex, urinate and take allergy pill.
During sex use condom for less sensitivity.
During sex stay under the sheets and remain warm.
Upon climax, just relax and do not aim for the extreme orgasm.
Never ever try to not orgasm or keep the seminal fluid in the penis.
After orgasm, remain in bed for minimum 5 minutes and calm down.
Remove condom and clean yourself with a towel without leaving the bed.
Sleep.
Wake up symptom free.

Edit: symptom free lasted for about 20h, now feeling some cold coming up. No cognitive problems.
Also felt many emotions of sex urge, had to have more.
« Last Edit: 20/11/2013 18:00:37 by johanstefansson »

Offline Omen 30

• View Profile
« Reply #19071 on: 20/11/2013 18:58:23 »
go vegan.go gluten and casein free and start  vitamin b12 and vitamin d supplements. intially mega doses.pois will clear.try it.

johanstefansson

« Reply #19072 on: 21/11/2013 16:12:44 »
After sex i truly have no immune defense what so ever.

What has the forum come up with so far about the possibility of this being a sexually transmittable infection?

Offline acronym

• View Profile
« Reply #19073 on: 21/11/2013 21:50:42 »
After sex i truly have no immune defense what so ever.

What has the forum come up with so far about the possibility of this being a sexually transmittable infection?

Not quite as dramatic as you say J otherwise you would be getting sick to a lot more things then just a cold, and you would be succumbing to them just like AIDS patients. For me when I was younger I did notice how I would often seem to get a cold the day after having an O, but it would not be continuous throughout the year. Generally only through the flu seasons. It would be a case of many people in the office having the flu and I would be fine for the week, but then when I have an O, bam I'd get the flu the next day. This was during my teens + 20s, but not anymore. I do have an irregular immune system though. What I do have is Lymphopenia with reduced Neutrophils, T Cells and Lymphocytes. The doctors did not do anything about it as I hardly ever get any infections anymore (which is weird in that now I never get a cold) so they seem to think the lower numbers are coping well. I was diagnosed with Lyme disease earlier this year, so that supposedly might explain my irregular lymphocyte subsets.

As for STD, I got POIS before I had sex in my teens and I feel that is the same situation for quite a few others here. It is not an STD. I have had STD checks done in past years and came back clear.
« Last Edit: 21/11/2013 21:53:19 by acronym »

Offline acronym

• View Profile
« Reply #19074 on: 22/11/2013 22:00:57 »
That's good news John ! There is no difference between NE and normal orgasm for me too. You must continue your experience to see if it works several times.
From my experience, you need a lot of food to hope a real but small effect. I will have a look on these beans (I think I eat same familly of these beans but maybe a different version).

Edit :
Yes, some studies showed a improvement of Parkinson's disease with these beans.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1527547?dopt=Citation
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10634260?dopt=Citation

It's a really good idea ! 250g of beans 5-10 hours before orgasm.
It seems all these bean are the same family or close, probably all contains L-Dopa : "broad beans", "fèves" (in french). I would say I usually eat them 2 or 3 times a year.

I wonder if your finding could be a real test for Pois sufferers to know once and for all if dopamine is part of Pois or not.
Good luck B-Jim. From years ago I though dopamine was a big factor in pois. It has been discussed here a few times, but going back a couple of years. I am certain I am low in that neurotransmitter. I did the Dr Eric Braveman neurotransmitter profile questionnaire, and I came up very low in dopamine. The advice was to see a doctor to have it dealt with as it was so low. Nice in theory, but most doctors cant see past serotonin & noradrenaline. Because there are higher risks with dopamine treatment they will just talk you into trying a bunch of SSRI to cover themselves.

I have tried 2 dopamine stimulating compounds.
I tried the herb Mucuna pruriens which is made from the Velvet bean and which contains L-Dopa. I have tried it a number of times using different sources and had a mixed results. There is a lot of farmed & unstandardized herbs out there that while technically can sold as being that herb they are inferior. Try ginseng that's grown in a pot in your backyard and then try some that's grown in the mountains of Manchukuo, and you'll notice a massive difference.

This year I decided to trial the med Sinemet (levodopa + carbidopa). I have to say it has been a disappointment in terms of pois or my general well being. I do definitely have better nights sleep and I have more dreams & interesting ones, so it is not without merit. I had to take it before bed as it made me sleepy which surprised me a little. But in terms of improving my brain fog, creativity, motivation, low level depression, libido, and general sense of pleasure in things, it did not make a big difference. I only used a dose at what would be considered low level (1 tab/night)
« Last Edit: 22/11/2013 22:03:47 by acronym »

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #19074 on: 22/11/2013 22:00:57 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums