The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome (POIS)  (Read 6455371 times)

johanstefansson

Re: Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome (POIS)
« Reply #19075 on: 24/11/2013 01:30:25 »
After sex i truly have no immune defense what so ever.

What has the forum come up with so far about the possibility of this being a sexually transmittable infection?

How did they diagnose you with Lyme dicease?

Not quite as dramatic as you say J otherwise you would be getting sick to a lot more things then just a cold, and you would be succumbing to them just like AIDS patients. For me when I was younger I did notice how I would often seem to get a cold the day after having an O, but it would not be continuous throughout the year. Generally only through the flu seasons. It would be a case of many people in the office having the flu and I would be fine for the week, but then when I have an O, bam I'd get the flu the next day. This was during my teens + 20s, but not anymore. I do have an irregular immune system though. What I do have is Lymphopenia with reduced Neutrophils, T Cells and Lymphocytes. The doctors did not do anything about it as I hardly ever get any infections anymore (which is weird in that now I never get a cold) so they seem to think the lower numbers are coping well. I was diagnosed with Lyme disease earlier this year, so that supposedly might explain my irregular lymphocyte subsets.

As for STD, I got POIS before I had sex in my teens and I feel that is the same situation for quite a few others here. It is not an STD. I have had STD checks done in past years and came back clear.

Offline MrVat7

• View Profile
« Reply #19076 on: 24/11/2013 08:40:39 »
Hello friends..I would like to ask a few questions.
>Do you have trouble speaking clearly and communicating ?
>do you feel that your teeth create a hurdle for your tongue to move easily in your mouth?

(ive discussed with my psychiatrist and a possible solution can be found out soon .. he wants you to answer this questions. )

Offline Starsky

• View Profile
« Reply #19077 on: 24/11/2013 11:09:56 »
Yes, i have retrognathia and my lower jaw is shorter than the upper. So for both questions: yes. Whats his theory?

Offline meteo74

• View Profile
« Reply #19078 on: 24/11/2013 14:01:55 »
Yes,I have trouble speaking clearly and communicating,I can't find words.

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19079 on: 24/11/2013 19:32:19 »

Any news on how the POIS research is going with the $30,000 NORD grant? Or any news on when there will be some more news?

hello
demografx

When will the [POIS] research [begin with NORD]?

thank you

This December.
« Last Edit: 24/11/2013 19:41:21 by demografx »

Offline icefloe

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #19080 on: 24/11/2013 21:14:15 »
Hi, i have retrognathia and problems with speaking. Obstructive sleeping upnoe is common with retrognathia and some men have similar symtoms like Pois, CPAP machine would help. Has anyone tried?

Offline daveman

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19081 on: 25/11/2013 13:20:24 »

Any news on how the POIS research is going with the $30,000 NORD grant? Or any news on when there will be some more news?

hello
demografx

thank you

This December.

I should be getting an update first week in December, maybe not who or what yet, but they are in the final throes of choosing the researcher.

So very soon we should know.

The first real professionally administered and controlled research on POIS.

Whatever the results, it will have to be useful.

I'll let you all know when the news comes out.
« Last Edit: 25/11/2013 19:52:03 by demografx »

Offline Kima

• View Profile
« Reply #19082 on: 25/11/2013 14:18:40 »
daveman

I and my Russian friends will be waiting impatiently

thank you

Offline Nightingale

• View Profile
« Reply #19083 on: 25/11/2013 16:24:51 »
Yes, i have retrognathia and my lower jaw is shorter than the upper. So for both questions: yes. Whats his theory?

That's interesting, I have the same problem.  I wonder how many other POISers have this? I also have speech issues, I needed speech therapy as a youth.

EDIT: Other notable bone/joint issues for me are pectus excavatum (bowl chest) and hyper-mobile joints.

I also have difficulty moving the upper-left side of my mouth, which is sort of reminiscent of a bell's palsy. My mouth is also small and I have had a lot of feedback about my smile being "strange" (sounds bad how I worded it haha). But truly I'm not able to give a big grin mainly because of physical restrictions, and probably a little from neurological ones too.
« Last Edit: 25/11/2013 16:31:17 by Nightingale »

Offline MrVat7

• View Profile
« Reply #19084 on: 25/11/2013 18:53:29 »
EDIT: Other notable bone/joint issues for me are pectus excavatum (bowl chest) and hyper-mobile joints.

Honestly speaking I too have pectus excavatum. And narrow teeth arch, Unable to speak clearly and my friends always gets confused about what i speak.

Offline MrVat7

• View Profile
« Reply #19085 on: 25/11/2013 19:02:01 »
The theory about teeth and jaw problems is that many of us have that common. My psychiatrist referred me to go with a speech therapist plus gave me SNRI. He says i am under depression, I said him about pois and he says that Pois is just a syndrome and can be a myth!. What i think is how we all can have similar teeth and jaw problems and have pois in common ? I had went to dentist, Started braces, widening my arch will mane me feel much better and then i can speak clearly. Lemme know what your ideas are about jaw issues.

Warm Hope,
Suffering from pois

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19086 on: 25/11/2013 19:56:24 »

hello
demografx

thank you

This December.

I should be getting an update first week in December, maybe not who or what yet, but they are in the final throes of choosing the researcher.

So very soon we should know.

The first real professionally administered and controlled research on POIS.

Whatever the results, it will have to be useful.

I'll let you all know when the news comes out.
daveman

I and my Russian friends will be waiting impatiently

thank you

Thank you, Daveman!

This is a  H I S T O R I C  moment for all POISers!!!

« Last Edit: 28/11/2013 01:59:10 by demografx »

johanstefansson

« Reply #19087 on: 28/11/2013 13:45:22 »
I also have a jaw problem, lower jaw is slightly tilted.

Had braces for 4 years.

Offline Kima

• View Profile
« Reply #19088 on: 28/11/2013 17:25:25 »
Hi Nathan, I wanted to come to India for treatment to you, tell it possible?

Offline Kima

• View Profile
« Reply #19089 on: 28/11/2013 17:31:49 »
Herman treatment is no longer valid, a waste of time, I drank a full course of mineralsat the time of improvement were, but then ceased act treatment, this man does not know how to treat (Pois) .I made a mistake in it forgive me Sorry that I defended him
« Last Edit: 28/11/2013 17:46:06 by Kima »

Offline victor.kons

• View Profile
« Reply #19090 on: 28/11/2013 20:38:09 »
Herman treatment is no longer valid, a waste of time, I drank a full course of mineralsat the time of improvement were, but then ceased act treatment, this man does not know how to treat (Pois) .I made a mistake in it forgive me Sorry that I defended him
Kima, aka Artem,

I have lost count of how many times did you change your mind to extremely opposite direction about Herman? I think you are changing your mind to exactly the opposite each month, or maybe each week?

Artem I think going to India for you is a good idea. Man, really, you need to change something, you need to live more IN REAL LIFE, internet is really harming you.

Victor

Offline meteo74

• View Profile
« Reply #19091 on: 28/11/2013 21:01:40 »
Hi all

when I am in pois I have trouble speaking clearly and communicating,I can't find words, I Pronounce some words wrong like (shall-sal.. ) like lettel cheldren causing me shame.

Offline CertainlyPOIS

• View Profile
« Reply #19092 on: 01/12/2013 19:43:46 »
Hi all

when I am in pois I have trouble speaking clearly and communicating,I can't find words, I Pronounce some words wrong like (shall-sal.. ) like lettel cheldren causing me shame.

I forget words during conversation and it takes forever to remember. I experience what you experience when i type or write i forget how to spell things that is easy for me. A spelling is stuck in my head and i know it is wrong but have to think for a while to remember the proper spelling or use spell checker.

Offline GDRTW

• View Profile
« Reply #19093 on: 01/12/2013 20:34:29 »
I have found something of interest out and I am sure there is a correlation. As I have mentioned before, I have EMS (electro magnetic sensitivity) which I developed at the same time as POIS (late teens). So for me the discovery of anything contributing to beating that disorder would inevitably also help me clear up POIS. I recently discovered this video on youtube. It's called Beating Electrical Sensitivity and includes research done from nobel prize winning psychiatrist David R. Hawkins who talks about calibrating emotions and the effects it can have on our bodies. Love and peace coming at a number of 500-600 compared to feelings of despair and apathy coming it at 50-100.  Lower callabrated feelings combined with existing tolerable levels of emf can develop into full blown sensitivities/auto immune disorders. The underlying cause also relates to toxins. Toxins being the underlying symptoms. It struck a chord with me because I remember in my late teens having feelings of deep apathy due to certain reasons at the time. I am no doctor or physicist but I definitely think there is credence there. He also mentions doing Tai Chi as away to re-balance your body on an energetic level as being part of the cure. A lot of the things he talks about refer to what we discuss regarding POIS. Interesting. Did we all suffer from deep apathy or despair at some time that contributed to our illness?
This the link for those curious:

Offline RD

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19094 on: 01/12/2013 20:54:19 »
... I have EMS (electro magnetic sensitivity) which I developed at the same time as POIS (late teens). So for me the discovery of anything contributing to beating that disorder would inevitably also help me clear up POIS. I recently discovered this video on youtube. It's called Beating Electrical Sensitivity and includes research done from nobel prize winning psychiatrist David R. Hawkins

Are you sure " David R. Hawkins" has won a Nobel prize ? ... http://search.nobelprize.org/search/nobel2013/?q=David+R.+Hawkins

[ Not that winning a Nobel prize makes someone infallible , particularly in matters relating to other fields ]

While you're at it find out what "nobel prize winning psychiatrist David R. Hawkins" qualifications actually are and where he got them.

BTW no evidence that EMS exists: people who claim to have it cannot actually tell when an electromagnetic field is on or off ...

Quote from: wikipedia.org/Electromagnetic_hypersensitivity
The majority of provocation trials to date have found that self-described sufferers of electromagnetic hypersensitivity are unable to distinguish between exposure to real and fake electromagnetic fields, and it is not recognized as a medical condition by the medical or scientific communities.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electromagnetic_hypersensitivity

People who claim to have EMS may be organically ill but are wrongly attributing their symptoms to electric fields.
« Last Edit: 01/12/2013 22:50:04 by RD »

Offline icefloe

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #19095 on: 02/12/2013 16:34:26 »
Hi,
I was diagnosed with Reiter's Syndrome at the age of 20. I get  through inflammation of the intestinal tract by eating foods contaminated with bacteria such as salmonella,    shigella, campylobacter or yersinia. From this time I felt that I did not improve. Reiter's syndrome often begins following inflammation of the intestinal or urinary tract. In susceptible people    this inflammation sets off a disease process that involves the joints,  eyes,    urinary tract and skin. I just did upper digestive system (endoscopy) and there is an iflammation. Since Reiter's a have mild pain in urethra but as urologist told all is ok. It is still big mystery for me.

Offline Starsky

• View Profile
« Reply #19096 on: 03/12/2013 09:56:50 »
I am not that guy who comes with a cure twice a year but there is something you should try and is helping me: it is rosemary extract. Im taking about 120mg rosmarinic acid a day and its helping my POIS a lot. People who did not respond well to niacin should definetely try it.

Offline jamesbb

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #19097 on: 03/12/2013 16:29:45 »
DO I HAVE POIS?

Here's my story:

I am about 200 pounds and 6 feet tall and 21 years old guy. For as long as I can remember, I have felt very weak right after the ejaculation and it takes me days to get back my energy, 4-5 days. In about 7-10 days after last ejaculation, I feel completely normal and energetic. Seconds after ejaculation, weakness takes over my body. I feel like ALL the energy has been drained out of me and I have absolutely no strength left in my body. I become completely lethargic and weak. The only thinkg that I want to do is lie on the bed and keep eating and drinking (juices and milk) to get back my energy. If I ejaculate at night, I mostly miss college the next day because I am too weak to go. Sometimes I feel slight pain in my knees as well for a few hours right after ejaculation. I find it hard for a couple of days to go one floor up on stairs. Slowly slowly, the energy starts to come back and weakness starts to go away in a couple of days after eating good breakfast, lunch and dinner. In about 3 days, I am quite better. In about 5-7 days, I get much better and feel that I have strength. I can start doing little exercises too then.

I have asked friends and all of them say that they don't feel any weakness after ejaculation. They even go out to play soccer after ejaculating but I can't even think about walking 100 meters without getting extremely tired and fatigued till days after ejaculation.

I never had sex. I have experienced ejaculation by masterbating, getting a hand job, rubbing it on a girl's body. The after effects are the same no matter how ejaculation takes place.

I also get nocturnal emmissions. But they don't cause any weakness. I have had nocturnal emmissions many times but no weakness after it.

I have tried to find out a lot what is wrong with me. I asked on lots of health forums and no one seems to know what is wrong with me. I can't go to a doctor for this (don't ask why). So just yesterday I came across the term POIS and I thought maybe this is what's wrong with me. But I'm not sure.

So that was my story and now I would like the experts here to tell me if you think I have POIS or if it's something else.

SUMMARY OF POIS SYMPTOMS: Feeling extreme weakness and lethargy after orgasm for the next 4-5 days. Sometimes (very rarely), slight easily bareable pain in elbows and knees. THAT'S ALL. No cognitive problems, no mental tension or anything else.

TREATMENT? No treatment so far as I didn't know what problem I have. I have been reading that people taking Niacin and it helping them. Should I try to take Niacin too? What dosage will you guys recommend to me after reading all this?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Offline acronym

• View Profile
« Reply #19098 on: 03/12/2013 23:11:56 »
I am not that guy who comes with a cure twice a year but there is something you should try and is helping me: it is rosemary extract. Im taking about 120mg rosmarinic acid a day and its helping my POIS a lot. People who did not respond well to niacin should definetely try it.
Starsky - what made you try this? I know the herb rosemary is supposed to help with memory, but you went for the acid extract. Seems it has antibacterial, antiinflammatory & antioxidant properties.
Where did you get it and how much (Life Extension brand)?
Was the effect immediate?
Did you experiment with different dosages and time when you took it?
How long have you been taking it for where the beneficial effect has still held up?
Thanks

Offline RD

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19099 on: 04/12/2013 00:49:53 »
... For as long as I can remember, I have felt very weak right after the ejaculation and it takes me days to get back my energy, 4-5 days. In about 7-10 days after last ejaculation, I feel completely normal and energetic. Seconds after ejaculation, weakness takes over my body. I feel like ALL the energy has been drained out of me and I have absolutely no strength left in my body. I become completely lethargic and weak ...

Prolactin is the hormone thought to cause the relaxation/sleep in men after orgasm ...

Quote from: wikipedia.org/Prolactin
Prolactin provides the body with sexual gratification after sexual acts: The hormone counteracts the effect of dopamine, which is responsible for sexual arousal. This is thought to cause the sexual refractory period. The amount of prolactin can be an indicator for the amount of sexual satisfaction and relaxation.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prolactin

It it possible to produce too much : Hyperprolactinaemia , if it is responsible for the relaxation/sleep following orgasm then hyperprolactinaemia would produce an extended period of lethargy.

I also get nocturnal emmissions. But they don't cause any weakness. I have had nocturnal emmissions many times but no weakness after it.

If nocturnal emissions are "anorgasmic ejaculation", (i.e. no orgasm),  then no release of prolactin.
« Last Edit: 04/12/2013 01:28:07 by RD »

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #19099 on: 04/12/2013 00:49:53 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums

Login
Login with username, password and session length