The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome (POIS)  (Read 6437684 times)

johanstefansson

Re: Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome (POIS)
« Reply #19100 on: 04/12/2013 10:30:45 »
guys, we need to switch to a more scientific approach. here is my suggestion. every user here gets to file daily reports about tests and symptoms into a strictly logical database; yes or no answers only.

1. lets decide on which questions should be in it.
2. lets create that database.
3. create a user interface.
4. make the data public somehow.
5. lets find the statistical relationship for this.

any volunteer for initiating this?

i know there is good ways of setting up a mssql or mysql database for this and connecting to a web interface. or there is Google spreadsheets. or wiki or anything else.
« Last Edit: 04/12/2013 10:39:53 by johanstefansson »

Offline mellivora

• View Profile
« Reply #19101 on: 04/12/2013 10:54:17 »
DO I HAVE POIS?

Welcome jamesbb, I'm glad you found us. I would say your symptoms fit POIS 100%. As well as this forum, you can find information at www.poiscenter.com. (The homepage there is a bit out of date but click on the forum tab and you'll find some useful stuff). If there is a positive in your case (although it may not seem like it at the moment) it is that you are 21 and you have found the forum at a time when there is more hope for resolving your POIS than ever before. Niacin has helped some people. I'm not one of them. When people first began reporting success with niacin, I started documenting their trials from what they had posted. You can find that thread here: http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=235.0
Unfortunately that thread is very out of date as I didn't keep it up but you might find it of interest. Google niacin flush to see what the flush is about although there is some misinformation about it on the web too... If you type niacin into the search box on poiscenter you will find much more information but there are so many posts its a bit overwhelming…
Good luck!

Offline mellivora

• View Profile
« Reply #19102 on: 04/12/2013 11:13:22 »
I am not that guy who comes with a cure twice a year but there is something you should try and is helping me: it is rosemary extract. Im taking about 120mg rosmarinic acid a day and its helping my POIS a lot. People who did not respond well to niacin should definetely try it.

Hi Starsky, your post made me remember this one from Kima:

Just wanted to post  here what Herman wrote on the  russian forum.ALL chronic infections and viruses, including teeth  will  lead to  the increase in IDO.Potential cure for POIS is rosmarinic acid which is IDO inhibitor.

Niacin had no detectable effect on my POIS so, if the same was true for you, I'm very interested in your post. Could you please answer some questions for me to clarify your situation, thanks…

You previously reported that using vitamin/mineral balancing you cut the duration of your POIS symptoms from 5 days to 2. Do you still stand by that?

How long have you been using rosmarinic acid for?

You say rosmarinic acid is "helping my POIS a lot". could you give us a better idea of how much and it what ways your POIS is better since taking rosmarinic acid?

How do you take the rosmarinic acid? e.g. is it just 120mg every morning? Do you take any extra if you have an orgasm? Have you noticed any side effects?

Are you still continuing with the mineral balancing? If so, what makes you feel that it is the rosmarinic acid in particular that is having an effect?

THANKS STARSKY! Sorry for asking so many questions but I think this is worth following up and I'd really like to hear more about your experiences.

Offline Starsky

• View Profile
« Reply #19103 on: 04/12/2013 13:34:22 »
Yes, i still belive that nuritinional balancing is important and is helping me recover from POIS faster, i still have low ceruloplasmin levels but they are slowly rising.

I have been taking rosemary extract 1g twice a day for 2 weeks. I take it on daily basis. So my POIS response change is most likely contributed to the rosmarinic acid. Rosemary is a safe and not expensive product so I thought I should tell about it.

Offline Nightingale

• View Profile
« Reply #19104 on: 05/12/2013 15:23:27 »
guys, we need to switch to a more scientific approach. here is my suggestion. every user here gets to file daily reports about tests and symptoms into a strictly logical database; yes or no answers only.

1. lets decide on which questions should be in it.
2. lets create that database.
3. create a user interface.
4. make the data public somehow.
5. lets find the statistical relationship for this.

any volunteer for initiating this?

i know there is good ways of setting up a mssql or mysql database for this and connecting to a web interface. or there is Google spreadsheets. or wiki or anything else.

I think web/cloud would be the way to go, would not burden the creator as much. I'd be happy to provide info, I know how powerful stats can be. I also like leaving it open for editing by anyone at any time. If we used Google spreadsheets and gave everyone the link, we could all download and keep back-ups in case of loss/tampering.

I am not willing to do this unless there are more who speak up here who want to collaborate. But I hope more do!

Offline B_Daniel

• View Profile
« Reply #19105 on: 05/12/2013 18:57:56 »
I've been feeling substantially better for the last 2 months.  As many know I've been working with Herman for 10 months now.  I wanted to reserve judgment of Herman's methods until I knew for sure whether they worked or not.  At this point it's obvious that they do work and it's not fair for me to withhold my story any longer.  I'll type something out and post tomorrow or the next day.

Offline Defsync

• View Profile
« Reply #19106 on: 05/12/2013 21:47:38 »
so new male contraceptive drugs being worked on are targeting specific receptors to prevent sperm from being released during ejaculation

http://io9.com/a-male-birth-control-pill-that-causes-a-temporary-vase-1477320599

the med paper here:

http://www.pnas.org/content/early/2013/11/27/1318624110

Somewhere in our research I would look at what capabilities we have to target receptors in the brain or nervous system to prevent specific components from being released during the orgasm. How many components (endorphins (and other bio chems), semen (all the bio ingredients of), sperm) are released during orgasm? Can components be seperated then each specifically targeted from being released until we find the one component that is causing the POIS reaction to occur?  Anyways I emailed the scientists who are doing this research and mentioned POIS and will see if they have anything interesting to say about it.

Offline acronym

• View Profile
« Reply #19107 on: 06/12/2013 02:49:38 »
Hi Jamesbb
I would say you do have pois. The aspect that strikes me as you maybe not being text book case pois (if there is such a thing) is your lack of cognitive decline. I'm the opposite, where the brain fog, anxiousness, social withdrawal, loss of creativity, difficulty verbalizing thoughts, self consciousness, poor sleep, apathy, were the main symptoms for me. I also noticed loss of appetite, and weakness & loss of stamina, tender muscles as well.

The other aspect where you differ from many here is that you don't suffer if you have nocturnal emission. There is a cluster of common symptoms which the vast majority of people here suffer from, but there are differences that seem to only effect a subset. For instance I have seen people here talk about getting sinus problems or back aches or headaches or diarrhea or feeling like they have the flu. I don't get that.

You will have to search back through the forum to find things to try. A doctor is not going to be able to help you, as so many of us have discovered. Being over weight or under weight does not seem to make any difference as to who gets pois.
Yes try Niacin (flush version). Also if you have an unhealthy/junk food diet, first step, start eating well to get the best nutrition.

Offline John21

• View Profile
« Reply #19108 on: 06/12/2013 11:16:10 »
I am not that guy who comes with a cure twice a year but there is something you should try and is helping me: it is rosemary extract. Im taking about 120mg rosmarinic acid a day and its helping my POIS a lot. People who did not respond well to niacin should definetely try it.

This week I had an NE and DID have POIS symptoms. It was not too severe but the mental change was definite. I tried drinking some rosemary tea, made using dried rosemary (maybe 1/4 cup of it) and the next day could think clearly.  Starsky might be on to something here!

Offline Gbolduev

• View Profile
« Reply #19109 on: 06/12/2013 11:48:42 »
DEAR  Friends,

I felt I needed to post here, since I see some of you are starting  to use my recommendations from the russian forum about rosmarinic acid . I am glad  that it is helping Starsky and others and I am glad that some can use  google translate and  translate russian forum and take  good advice instead of  constantly fighting on this forum.    But I need to warn you  and make sure you understand what is going on .

POIS is caused by  IDO induction.  IDO induction is caused by  COX-2 induction.
What causes  COX-2 induction:
1) Anemia(  any type  ,  it could be copper, iron , manganese or zinc related )
2)  SOD  deficiency ,  which is  activitated by copper mostly.
3)  Selenium deficiency
4) amino acid deficiency

You see  Rosmarinic acid was recommended by me  to people  who are on  nutritional  balancing program  with me( STARSKY,  B-Daniel and others)  ,  but you should understand  that rosmarinic acid just covers up  the symptoms   by inhibiting  COX-1 and COX-2  , same as  NSAIDs, thus inhibiting   IDO.

But the  original natural  IDO and COX inhibitors are  your SODs( superoxide dismutase), which are based on   copper, zinc and manganese. with the main activator being copper and of course gluthatione which is selenium  dependant

So when you drink  rosmarinic acid, beware that you are not fixing your body,  you are basically   cheating it.
That is why I call Rosmarinic acid not a cure but    a method of relief.
You will have sex more often on rosmarinic acid and your condition overall will get worse if you dont balance your minerals  in blood which  make SODs.  The  least what you should do is test  iron manganese copper  zinc  selenium in your serum and  balance deficiencies.  That is the permanent  cure for your condition .

Using Rosmarinic acid to get rid of infections and SIBO is  why I added  rosmarininc acid in my program. But without balancing minerals , those infections and  Sibo will come back fast.
By the way peppermint oil  has rosmarinic acid as the active component , same as oregano.

You need to balance  minerals, if you cant do  hair test,  do  blood test .

I cant post here anymore.

I hope Daniel and Starsky will be helping you here later by telling  their story  , especially  Daniel, since we were communicating with him almost on the daily  basis and he promised he will take over and lead people thru the process.  I am not a doctor and I had no previous experience  in medical  field , so it took us  quite a long time to come up with the regimen. I think  right now the balancing for other people  will be much much faster and  estimated time  wll be  around 3 months. And most people can do this balancing  themselves at home.

Good luck.

« Last Edit: 06/12/2013 12:56:20 by Gbolduev »

Offline sebastiano

• View Profile
« Reply #19110 on: 06/12/2013 12:24:35 »
hi Gbolduev,
I'm sorry for my bad English.
I Know you are an expert so I would like to have your opinion.

Since I was very young, I feel weak after orgasm.I have low energy, sometimes my face is pale, I become very hungry and thirsty, and (since june 2009) I have body

pains (behind the knees, in the legs, shoulders, low back).
17th November I sent you a email with 2 attachments: my 2 hair analysis.Did you received it?

Thank you and sorry for my bad English

Offline MrVat7

• View Profile
« Reply #19111 on: 06/12/2013 13:06:12 »
Man! POIS is eating my life..my libido is too high, just a mild stimulation caused by everyday events gets me strong erection ,i get orgasm every day , even if i dont  ejaculate i am suffering. My psychiatrist gave SNRI first few weeks were good but now it is the same. I have been taking niacin regularly and i am tolerant now , Can taking high doses of niacin for long time harm one ?  i dont know what to do.. i am in 12th and have boards after two months.  Good suggestion will highly oblige me. 

Thanks
Suffering from POIS
« Last Edit: 06/12/2013 13:16:07 by suffering from pois »

Offline RD

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19112 on: 06/12/2013 13:24:45 »
hi Gbolduev ... I sent you a email with 2 attachments: my 2 hair analysis.Did you received it?

Quote from: Stephen Barrett, M.D.
Commercial Hair Analysis:
A Cardinal Sign of Quackery

... Hair analysis is worthless for assessing the body's nutritional status or serving as a basis for dietary or supplement recommendations. Nor should it be routinely used to screen people for heavy metal toxicity. Should you encounter a practitioner who uses hair analysis for any of these purposes, run for the nearest exit and complain to your state attorney general!
http://www.quackwatch.org/01QuackeryRelatedTopics/hair.html
« Last Edit: 06/12/2013 13:27:23 by RD »

johanstefansson

« Reply #19113 on: 06/12/2013 16:08:19 »
Had orgasm yesterday and today feeling weak, confused and allergic. Allergy pills dont work or they are not strong enough.

Offline MrVat7

• View Profile
« Reply #19114 on: 06/12/2013 17:46:00 »
Hello friends,
-->A possible clue that may cause POIS.

People who had vasectomy had reported having symptoms similar to POIS, Also people who had put sperm into their bloodstream. When sperm enters into bloodstream body treats it like a foreign material and body's immune system fights to kill it. If a person who has POIS has somehow a open duct to blood (possible in the vas deferens ) so whenever a person gets an O, sperm get into blood. Howsoever small quantity. Sperm in the CNS are attacked by antibodies which also kills (or damage ) receptors. If so happens cognition, memory , flue like symptoms gets on.

If sperm gets into blood it can also cause neurodegenerative disorders in later life, like Multiple sclerosis. Above theory exactly fits POIS symptoms and those caused by sperm in blood.

I am planning for getting blood checkup. I'll get the updates on.

Suffering from pois

Offline Floppybanana

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #19115 on: 06/12/2013 18:10:22 »
Hi himanshi,

Could please respond to my post on the POIScentre.com.
Thanks - FB

Offline CertainlyPOIS

• View Profile
« Reply #19116 on: 06/12/2013 19:48:39 »
Hi himanshi,

Could please respond to my post on the POIScentre.com.
Thanks - FB

Did you pm him, that is the best way to get him because the pm shows up in his personal email he signed up with.

Offline gondal4

• View Profile
« Reply #19117 on: 07/12/2013 09:12:34 »
Gobludev changes his theories 5000 times,sick individual should be banned.

johanstefansson

« Reply #19118 on: 07/12/2013 12:21:58 »
Hello friends,
-->A possible clue that may cause POIS.

People who had vasectomy had reported having symptoms similar to POIS, Also people who had put sperm into their bloodstream. When sperm enters into bloodstream body treats it like a foreign material and body's immune system fights to kill it. If a person who has POIS has somehow a open duct to blood (possible in the vas deferens ) so whenever a person gets an O, sperm get into blood. Howsoever small quantity. Sperm in the CNS are attacked by antibodies which also kills (or damage ) receptors. If so happens cognition, memory , flue like symptoms gets on.

If sperm gets into blood it can also cause neurodegenerative disorders in later life, like Multiple sclerosis. Above theory exactly fits POIS symptoms and those caused by sperm in blood.

I am planning for getting blood checkup. I'll get the updates on.

Suffering from pois

I think it sounds very possible, I have had circumcision and it might have caused this. Did not have the flue like symptoms before it.

Offline MrVat7

• View Profile
« Reply #19119 on: 07/12/2013 15:35:06 »
I think it sounds very possible

Indeed, Taking vitamins minerals, supplements  and even SNRI does not work. These things boast to improve cognition and immunity but fail to work in POIS. Reason is when the synapses are under attack by the body's own immune system , whole of the body's communication process gets weakened, and so POISers feel like dementia. Semen has very tiny in structure and can cross blood-brain barrier.

To check whether your CNS is depressed, try this, After 2-3 days of ejaculation when you feel maximum discomfort, Loss of cognition, Well that's the perfect time to experiment, Do the knee jerk reflex (
) Ask a friend to help you. even if you decide not to kick , i bet you will. Well it requires hitting the object at perfect spot. there are many other reflexes, check them if this dose not work for you. My point is not just the brain is harmed but also CNS. The reflex should be instant (not possible to notice time lag). If it takes time atleast if 1/3rd of a sec, there is some problem. Also after a few days when Symptoms are shunned the reflex is instant.

We POISers may have a CNS damage after an O, lucky though it is healed within few days.

MrVat7
(Suffering from POIS )

Offline Kima

• View Profile
« Reply #19120 on: 07/12/2013 16:40:59 »

Hi, forum women suffer from symptoms of Pois, they have no sperm. How do you explain it?

Offline Kima

• View Profile
« Reply #19121 on: 07/12/2013 16:41:39 »
MrVat7
Hi, forum women suffer from symptoms of Pois, they have no sperm. How do you explain it?

thank you

Offline MrVat7

• View Profile
« Reply #19122 on: 07/12/2013 17:07:55 »
Hi, girls suffer forum (symptoms Pois) they have no sperm. How do you explain it

If a girl has non-developed testicles, which may release sperm into blood stream, live or dead. Sounds a bizarre idea i know. But not a impossible thing. There are a few girls who has testicles. The reason that they are still a girl is that she has a X-chromosome. And those testis do not produce male hormones. Just sperms. Reason why i am considering sperm cells because only those can be identified by the own body as foreign material. That may be a reason why POIS is rare in the feminine gender.
« Last Edit: 07/12/2013 17:10:11 by MrVat7 »

Offline John21

• View Profile
« Reply #19123 on: 07/12/2013 17:27:51 »
Just did a search of the forum and found that I had tried rosemary tea before, I thought it sounded familiar..
I had an NE four days ago and I had zero symptoms again. Again I am not sure what is responsible for this. After the NE in the morning I had some raw garlic, which I only took occasionally the previous week. What I have been taking daily is: Vit D and Bacopa. I also had consumed a small amount of ground fenugreek seeds (mortise and pestle), and the morning after I tried a rosemary tea. What do I suppose helped me? I have no idea! Due to my sporadic supplementing style my results will take a long time to make sense of. I doubt that Bacopa is helping because I feel no reaction to it at all, it is just something I read about and wanted to try.

Maybe it makes sense now, 5 years later! Time will tell. :o)

Offline Starsky

• View Profile
« Reply #19124 on: 07/12/2013 18:50:06 »
If you reacted positive to rosemary tea there is a big chance to be succesful with strong rosmarinic acid extracts.

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #19124 on: 07/12/2013 18:50:06 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums

Login
Login with username, password and session length