The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome (POIS)  (Read 6449126 times)

Offline sebastiano

• View Profile
Re: Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome (POIS)
« Reply #19125 on: 07/12/2013 21:55:04 »
Hello friends,
-->A possible clue that may cause POIS.

People who had vasectomy had reported having symptoms similar to POIS, Also people who had put sperm into their bloodstream. When sperm enters into bloodstream body treats it like a foreign material and body's immune system fights to kill it. If a person who has POIS has somehow a open duct to blood (possible in the vas deferens ) so whenever a person gets an O, sperm get into blood. Howsoever small quantity. Sperm in the CNS are attacked by antibodies which also kills (or damage ) receptors. If so happens cognition, memory , flue like symptoms gets on.

If sperm gets into blood it can also cause neurodegenerative disorders in later life, like Multiple sclerosis. Above theory exactly fits POIS symptoms and those caused by sperm in blood.

I am planning for getting blood checkup. I'll get the updates on.

Suffering from pois

I don't think this is the root cause of POIS. If I have 4 orgasms in a week I have POIS.

But if I have one orgasm in a month I don't have POIS. So it's not immune system fighting sperm.

Offline B_Daniel

• View Profile
« Reply #19126 on: 08/12/2013 01:37:35 »
I've been working closely with Herman for just over 10 months now.  I've wanted to reserve judgment until I could say for sure.  At this point I can reasonably safely say for sure.  As of the last month, my POIS is basically gone.  I still have lingering CFS and that will take time, but it continues to improve.

Everyone always asks: What % better are you.  Well, those percentages throughout this site are completely made up baloney so I'm not going to use numbers.  Instead I'll describe my progression and you can decide for yourself how much better you think I am.

One year ago, on an AVERAGE DAY, I used to have some kind of barrier in my brain that made it difficult to think clearly, carry a conversation, speak fluidly, etc.  I had extremely low energy and would have to take breaks when WALKING too much.  I would get burnt out at work each week by Tuesday - the rest of the week I'd get little done.  Muscle aches in my mid back.  Lots of digestion issues.  I wanted to avoid social interaction with most people, especially those in positions of authority or people I didnt know very well.  I bit my fingernails all the time.  I was frightened to speak in class or speak up in meetings at work... scared as could be.  Before lunch with a friend I'd drink a cup of coffee and take advil to try to reduce my symptoms for an hour.  The thought of working out was basically a joke and my life was extremely frustrating and not going anywhere.  Going more than 2 days with no O was difficult for me to do.  When I did masturbate I could get off within 15 seconds if i wanted to.  My BAD DAYS (read POIS days) were unbearable, with walking to the car being a struggle.  I would crawl inside my body and not want anyone to talk to me.  I'd be irritable and my gf would get frustrated with me on 100% of these days.

These days, I no longer burn out.  My anxiety is mostly unnoticeable.  I sometimes speak up in class too much - and I somewhat enjoy presenting and defending my point.  I still drink coffee before presentations, but I've stopped taking advil and coffee for social engagements.  I sometimes go to after-school activities because I still have energy left at the end of the day.  There's no barrier in my head anymore and conversations are effortless for the most part.  I haven't had the thought of "what am i going to do to make sure this upcoming conversation doesn't become awkward" in a couple months.  The muscle ache in my back is still there sometimes but it's much less severe.  I still don't work out, but am probably not too far away from that.  I still bite my fingernails but less.  I can now limit my Os to once a week and have no strong urges to have more.  When I masturbate it takes a lot longer than 15 seconds!  I have 0 BAD DAYS because my pois is hardly noticeable/ gone. 

Here's my detailed progression:
-Big ups and downs month 1 on Herman's protocol.  Altogether a little better.

-Next 5 months, not much improvement. This was very frustrating by month 5. (It turns out the reason for this was two-fold.  One is that I shouldnt have waited 5 months for my 2nd hair test.  Second is that Herman didn't yet know about all the digestive aids and amino acids that he does now.  That would have undoubtedly sped up my progress.) 

-Upon the return of my updated hair test in July, we added manganese and changed up my supplements a little. Within the next 2 weeks I noticed a moderate improvement.

-Next 2 months I stayed on this same protocol and I did 3 liver flushes and about 10-15 coffee enemas over this period. I probably only got a tiny better. 

-Next 1 month we added Wobenzym, Okra Pepsin, Pancreatin, HCL, Peppermint Oil, Amino Acids and L Carnosine. At first the Wobenzym was tough for me and that week was pretty depressing. Now I can take 10 pills at a time no problem. From all the digestion supplements my constant bloating and gas went from a 9 to a 3 (on a scale out of 10). I can get on a 5 hour airplane with no problem anymore. My stomach rumbles much less frequently. My IBS is greatly reduced. I would say this gave me a big bump to my quality of life and from this point on, my pois and cfs have been reducing on a straight-line basis.  Another exciting thing is that at this point, I stopped burning out.  I still become worn out occasionally but have never again burned out.

The most recent month- I've realized that I'm no longer controlled by sexual urges. Because of my now reduced infrequency in sexual activity, the net amino acids IN from food and supplements are now GREATER THAN the amino acids i'm LOSING. Every week I continue to feel better. POIS symptoms have been gone for about 4 weeks. 

That's where I'm at. As long as don't start smoking pot or wanking it all the time, pois should no longer be a concern of mine.  As of said, my CFS still remains, but it continues to get better.  I think the best way I can sum up my progression to day is to say that my average day is on par with my best days 6 months ago and my worst days are significantly better than my previously average days. 

Offline MrVat7

• View Profile
« Reply #19127 on: 08/12/2013 07:01:01 »
I don't think this is the root cause of POIS. If I have 4 orgasms in a week I have POIS.

But if I have one orgasm in a month I don't have POIS. So it's not immune system fighting sperm.

Hello sebastiano
My theory can explain that. When you have one orgasm a month all of the sperms get exposed during ejaculation and very less percent of sperms stay within the reproductive system, so they do not get greater chance to enter your bloodstream.

But when you have four orgasms a weak,say, testis keep on releasing sperms, to the reproductive system and even after one ejaculates few part or semen is left inside body and more sperms are sent by testis. normally these sperms get removed via urine or gets broken down. Now if you had a duct between reproductive system and bloodstream , sperms get into your body. This also mean that if one gets an erection(not essentially orgasm), they can get POIS symptoms, but not that intense.

Try this, Yesterday i had ejaculated 3hrice consecutively within 30 minutes , all sperms are ejaculated , testis(are exhausted) need a break to produce more sperms , and today I dont feel much like POIS.

MrVat7

Offline Kima

• View Profile
« Reply #19128 on: 08/12/2013 07:30:47 »
MrVat7
Very plausible theory, time will tell
« Last Edit: 08/12/2013 07:33:14 by Kima »

Offline MrVat7

• View Profile
« Reply #19129 on: 08/12/2013 09:27:04 »
Just 2 days ago you were  asking for help, and now you are an expert.

Hi Gbolduev
It is always said that necessity is the mother of invention. Gbolduev, I am just expressing my ideas and that dosent mean you are wrong brother, By inhibiting IDO induction you may have cured your pois, and thats excellent. Many people suffer from stress and they do not have POIS. And for some people exercise helps them coping with POIS symptoms. I am to find the root cause of POIS. And then the cure will be easy to find.

MrVat7

Offline MrVat7

• View Profile
« Reply #19130 on: 08/12/2013 09:39:34 »
You loose all the sperms along with very less selenium and zinc. If one had sperms into their body the immune system will get crazy killing it alongwith inflaming nerves and get cognitive impairment , after a few days it gets healed and back is cognition . by letting out tonsils it may help in flu but what about cognitive impairment ? Foggy thinking ? Any person will get totally dementic if sperms get into body, and that is why there is a blood-testis barrier.
In POIS sufferers there may be a DUCT that lets out sperm into the body.

Well this debate can come to an end, we can take a laboratory mice and inject his own sperms into his body, and then check out his behavior.

MrVat7

« Last Edit: 08/12/2013 09:48:42 by MrVat7 »

Offline MrVat7

• View Profile
« Reply #19131 on: 08/12/2013 09:43:00 »
Gbolduev
People who have POIS can have chronic stress, but people who have chronic stress does not necessarily have POIS.

MrVat7

Offline MrVat7

• View Profile
« Reply #19132 on: 08/12/2013 09:58:16 »
how removal of wisdom tooth and tonsils help in curing pois ? what about inhibiting ido induction ? that too 100 % ? sounds funny lol

Offline MrVat7

• View Profile
« Reply #19133 on: 08/12/2013 10:05:56 »
Gbolduev
Okay brother, your wish . Time will tell

Yeah it is sad isnt it . lol  I got you Gbolduev

« Last Edit: 08/12/2013 10:17:24 by MrVat7 »

Offline icefloe

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #19134 on: 08/12/2013 10:18:08 »
My tonsils and wisdom teeth are removed, I did functional endoscopic sinus surgery (FESS) -no any cure. Problems started just puberty time I remember when I was young and stupid I masturbating two times successively and after that I felt strange feel my head (brain), like something is broken.

Offline MrVat7

• View Profile
« Reply #19135 on: 08/12/2013 10:20:43 »
Gbolduev should read post by icefloe

Offline icefloe

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #19136 on: 08/12/2013 11:20:23 »
I think, I have just born with POIS (genetic disorder). What you are think about DHAT syndrome?
The term Dhat gets its origin from the Sanskrit word Dhatus, which, according to the Sushruta Samhita, means "elixir that constitutes the body." Indian doctor Narendra Wig coined the term Dhat syndrome in 1960 and described it as being characterized by vague psychosomatic symptoms of fatigue, weakness, anxiety, loss of appetite, guilt, and sexual dysfunction, attributed by the patient to loss of semen in nocturnal emission, through urine or masturbation.[4] Literature describing semen as a vital constituent of the human body dates back to 1500 BC. The disorders of Dhatus have been elucidated in the Charaka Samhita, which describes a disorder called Shukrameha in which there is a passage of semen in the urine. In China, various names such as (Shen K'uei), Sri Lanka (Prameha) and other parts of South East Asia (Jiryan) symptoms and conditions are similar to dhatus.[1] The International Classification of diseases ICD-10 classifies Dhat syndrome as both a neurotic disorder (code F48.8) and a culture-specific disorder (Annexe 2) caused by "undue concern about the debilitating effects of the passage of semen"

Offline B_Daniel

• View Profile
« Reply #19137 on: 08/12/2013 11:27:08 »

I used to notice something similar.  The reason is that sperm is composed of 3,000mg of amino acids.  So you drain your body of a lot of its resources every time ejaculate.  When you only ejaculate once a month your body has more time to replenish and is why you feel fine on 1 orgasm per month.  I'd reckon most people here would atleast feel better from once a month orgasms.  The problem with most POISers, is that their hormonal balance puts them in a state where it's near impossible to reduce their Os to once a week, let alone once a month.

To answer your theory MrVat7, you could take a quick survey.  How do other people here feel after 3 orgasms in a row?  Personally I used to do that a lot and I felt terrible afterwards. 

Offline B_Daniel

• View Profile
« Reply #19138 on: 08/12/2013 12:01:05 »
Would you guys benefit from me posting a less complex version of herman's theory, with all the included amino acids and digestive aids that I've been taking that have really helped me?

Offline MrVat7

• View Profile
« Reply #19139 on: 08/12/2013 12:09:12 »
Hi B_Daniel
Good idea about taking a survey, I think there should be 2 surveys
1) Number of ejaculations in 30 minutes.
2) sperm count in bloodstream.

Both of the surveys are important, most of people may not want to get blood checked up, it's okay i will , and if others can get blood checked up for sperms then it will be more helpful.  If one is planning to get blood checked up then keep ejaculation frequency of 2 days , and only one ejaculation per day. And get blood sample taken up on 3rd day between 2-4 hours of second ejaculation, take no niacin (be prepared if you are planning to get blood checked up).

Reason why survey for consecutive ejaculations only will not be helpful to know if sperms are going to one's bloodstream or not because every individual may not have duct at same site. In my case if it is at vas deferens ,for any other it may be at prostate or urethra . So consecutive ejaculations may be helpful to me but may not to others(this may be helpful to some). Sperm cells must enter one's bloodstream to get an autoimmune response.

MrVat7
« Last Edit: 08/12/2013 12:13:43 by MrVat7 »

Offline MrVat7

• View Profile
« Reply #19140 on: 08/12/2013 13:05:02 »
Check out if ejaculating more than once is helpful to how many POISers
POLL HERE-> http://www.thenakedscientists.com/forum/index.php?topic=49730.0

If you have tested for semen in your blood than post the results. (carefully get blood checked up as instructed )

If one is planning to get blood checked up then keep ejaculation frequency of 2 days , and only one ejaculation per day. And get blood sample taken up on 3rd day between 2-4 hours of second ejaculation, take no niacin (be prepared if you are planning to get blood checked up).
« Last Edit: 08/12/2013 13:10:01 by MrVat7 »

Offline icefloe

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #19141 on: 08/12/2013 14:12:14 »
My opinion is for consecutive ejalucations-it is too dangerous. Ejalucation will raise blood pressure in your head. Reason why I saying that, I have lost almost eyesight on my left eye. After ejalucation something will happens in my head in left side,  with blood vessels (vasoconstriction, vasodilation, AVM-bleeding) . I had many blood bleeding in left eye (can not see outside) after ejalucation.  I did in POIS time head MRT and  anterior cerebral artery left side was narrow.  Just for information.

Offline Gbolduev

• View Profile
« Reply #19142 on: 08/12/2013 14:25:29 »
Daniel,

I would not bother anymore if I were you. As you can see  this forum has degraded to the dementia level.
Discussion is  taking place between  MrVAT Gonda and Kima . It is like  a freak show. Whoever reads your post  and can  undestand it  will know  what you are talking about,  others  can continue go mental.

« Last Edit: 08/12/2013 14:44:40 by Gbolduev »

Offline MrVat7

• View Profile
« Reply #19143 on: 08/12/2013 15:47:18 »
Icefloe
If you find it harmful then please dont,if anyone want to take a chance to find out,lets see then, For me consecutive ejaculations worked. My BP was back to normal within seconds of ejaculation, then after I felt too sleepy. Usually I see those floaters in my eyes next day after ejaculation and get a tunnel vision in both the eyes. Today I am totally fine no floaters , no tunnel vision and no cognitive impairment.

Thing about eye floaters and narrow vision is as one grows old/or retina also gets degraded, those few cells get vitreous humor and we see it. My theory explains this too. I was to write this earlier but didn't know if others also vision problems. Autoimmune reaction on the retina due to spilled sperms(which body identifies as foreign material ), And to stop more of incoming sperms to important organs like brain and the retina are vasoconstricted. And now you see why your head MRT and  anterior cerebral artery left side was narrow. Also some can have digestive problems, and lung problems(like shortening of breath).

MrVat7

For People who disagree my theory can prove me wrong experimentally rather than keep posting nonsense about their disagreement.
« Last Edit: 08/12/2013 16:19:19 by MrVat7 »

Offline Gbolduev

• View Profile
« Reply #19144 on: 08/12/2013 16:29:15 »
MrVat,

I think it is too late for you . Sperm  took over your brain.  Nothing can  save you.
The most amazing part of all of it is that you dont get  that you are  disturbed.  Sperm might have wired your   neurons differently and you dont  get proper electrical charge.  There is a cure for you ,   take 2 fingers  and stick  them into electrical  socket---this way you will  not give in  to your  sperms  victorious  take over.

Stay  strong, brother)))

Offline Kima

• View Profile
« Reply #19145 on: 08/12/2013 17:04:21 »
MrVat7

time will tell, who is right Do not argue with him

Offline Kima

• View Profile
« Reply #19146 on: 08/12/2013 17:58:16 »
Think why rosemary helps with cognitive symptoms It increases the pressure.

Offline sadandfrustrated

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #19147 on: 09/12/2013 01:24:28 »
I usually never post anything and lurk behind the scenes.

But I'm not sure if this will add to the discussion about semen in the bloodstream.

Upon recollection, I remember my WBC count always being a little low (slightly below the standard threshold markers). Sometimes, they would be normal, however.

NOTE: These tests were done when I WASN'T sick--although I was in POIS sometimes.

Is it possible that whenever I got these blood tests done during POIS my body was fighting an infection? Hence, a low WBC count?

Would this strengthen the semen in bloodstream theory? It seems to make sense. Some crazy ass people who do it recreationally have reported terrible symptoms (especially cognitive).

Offline acronym

• View Profile
« Reply #19148 on: 09/12/2013 01:34:18 »
Would you guys benefit from me posting a less complex version of herman's theory, with all the included amino acids and digestive aids that I've been taking that have really helped me?

BD - Can you tell me why you went with Okra Pepsin?
This supplement is not available in my country and iHerb which I use for my online purchases does not stock it. There are plenty of Pepsin+HCL supplements available however. Its not like you went with Okra Pepsin because you did not want the HCL, as I see you also buy HCL as a separate supplement.

Also how much (table spoons or grams) Amino Acids you take per day?
Was it basically just the essential 8 Amino Acids powder?
Did you take this with meals as a substitute for meat?

Why was Wobenzym (bromelain and papain) tough for you?
I currently take bromelain tablets with my antibiotics to help break down fibrin so I get better tissue penetration. 10 pills a day seems like a fair bit. How do you know you need that much? Looking at the bottle I have, if took 10/day it would cost me about $45/week for that alone.
Thanks for taking time to elaborate on your treatment regime.

Offline POIS-SUFFERER

• View Profile
« Reply #19149 on: 09/12/2013 04:39:50 »
Daniel,

I would not bother anymore if I were you. As you can see  this forum has degraded to the dementia level.
Discussion is  taking place between  MrVAT Gonda and Kima . It is like  a freak show. Whoever reads your post  and can  undestand it  will know  what you are talking about,  others  can continue go mental.

However there are people like me who want to hear what you and Daniel have to say, its very interesting now with the digestive issues... which I have and felt were connected! So I want to hear more... all I do is put on ear muffs when I read this form and don't listen to the haters.....

So Daniel.. I do want to know more, we just need to ignore the others that we wish to ignore, I was on another forum once you could click ignore and you would not see their posts anymore!

Thanks Gbolduev and Daniel for your contributions!

PS.
« Last Edit: 09/12/2013 04:41:35 by POIS-SUFFERER »

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #19149 on: 09/12/2013 04:39:50 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums