The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome (POIS)  (Read 6435557 times)

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Re: Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome (POIS)
« Reply #19250 on: 24/12/2013 23:38:41 »

This doctor [Barry Komisaruk] will explore our syndrome.

http://nwkpsych.rutgers.edu/~brk/

Dr. Barry Komisaruk

Thanks, Kima, cross posting at POISCenter.com !

Available at Amazon.

« Last Edit: 27/12/2013 22:41:03 by demografx »

Offline Kima

• View Profile
« Reply #19251 on: 25/12/2013 16:27:27 »
 (Dear demografx), John21, B_Jim.

Thank you guys! Thanks to you, it happened .Thanks to everyone who donated money. Let's wait for Barry Komisaruk luck on our side.

« Last Edit: 25/12/2013 16:32:13 by Kima »

Offline Habibou

• View Profile
« Reply #19252 on: 25/12/2013 19:56:44 »
Wonderfull ! Couldn't have imagined a better doctor/ph to help us, as he knows a lot about this mecanism  :D

Offline ajs

• View Profile
« Reply #19253 on: 26/12/2013 19:05:33 »
Dubaigirl...my pois did not start with throwing up...but now I am vomiting all the time even if I have not eaten....maybe just a girl version of pois But I have every other symptom of pois also...just got hair mineral test back and was very wacked out except zinc and copper was just right but a lot of other minerals off...starting program when I receive mineral supplements in the mail

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19254 on: 27/12/2013 00:04:28 »
(Dear demografx), John21, B_Jim.

Thank you guys! Thanks to you, it happened .Thanks to everyone who donated money. Let's wait for Barry Komisaruk luck on our side.

Kima, many thanks for supporting the medical science of POIS!

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19255 on: 27/12/2013 00:13:46 »

Wonderfull ! Couldn't have imagined a better doctor/ph to help us, as he knows a lot about this mecanism  :D

:)

Offline acronym

• View Profile
« Reply #19256 on: 27/12/2013 04:21:48 »
The purpose of the study is to observe reactions and structural changes that may be occurring in the brains of POIS sufferers -- changes which explain the severe cognitive impairments of POIS, and also potentially explain the general physical reactions as a whole (pain, headache, severe fatigue, as examples).

If brain reactions are found, this will lead to determining the cause of POiS -- but more importantly -- may well elucidate treatments that are available now-- to counteract these changes.

Demo, in Dr. Komisaruk's proposal did he outline how he intended to solve the part above that I bolded? Say the prefontal cortex is found to have reduced blood flow in pois subjects, how will he know from an MRI what causes that specific effect at the biochemical system level, in only certain people. Just curious if he provided more info in that respect.

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19257 on: 27/12/2013 07:02:39 »
I'm sure he did, acronym, but we need to wait for more information to come out as contractual details are implemented between NORD and BRK.

« Last Edit: 27/12/2013 07:31:55 by demografx »

Offline MrVat7

• View Profile
« Reply #19258 on: 27/12/2013 12:46:22 »
Who is keeping us updated about the status of ongoing research ? Im really curious abt the research. Fingers crossed . I can see me having no POIS in next year.

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19259 on: 27/12/2013 22:28:11 »
POIS Research Grant Status is mainly at POISCenter.com, which contracted with NORD, having paid $33,500 in advance to move our theories into...ACTION!

We aim to solve POIS!!!

Daveman
Demo
« Last Edit: 27/12/2013 22:48:55 by demografx »

Offline Mer

• View Profile
« Reply #19260 on: 28/12/2013 04:14:03 »
I find after O my sleep is very light. I easily can wake up by any noise. When I wake up I feel I didn't get a deep sleep. Does anyone else have the same issue?

Offline Ninjagasm

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #19261 on: 28/12/2013 06:14:54 »
hey whats going on everybody, long time reader, first time poster.....been suffering from this bullsh*t for the past year and a half now, I used to struggle through it for about 4-5 days after an O, but after taking two claratins directly after an O, I have taken it down to 1-2 days

Offline meteo74

• View Profile
« Reply #19262 on: 28/12/2013 08:56:34 »
mer
yes,I do

Offline MrVat7

• View Profile
« Reply #19263 on: 29/12/2013 12:44:55 »
I think all POISers are lucky . How ? well yes. you are . Cure has to be found anyway. I live in a place where there is Asia's biggest urological hospital ( it's in nadiad,India . ) . I am meeting Andrologist this 15th Jan. We will check out what are the consequences a person will face if semen enters a person's bloodstream and then compare symptoms faced by POISers. Also I am getting blood tested for Antisperm antigen. That would strengthen theory of SSBT. Plus we would discuss that if SSBT were so, how can it be cured.

If you are a NORD researcher, you might consider checking SSBT once. We are already finding truth about SSBT, You may also.

MrVat7
« Last Edit: 29/12/2013 13:21:13 by MrVat7 »

Offline meteo74

• View Profile
« Reply #19264 on: 29/12/2013 15:03:37 »
Hi MrVat7

Most of the symptoms of Boise show even before ejaculation process so I do not believe in  anti sperm.
I hope that we find a drug to treat the symptoms at the moment, such as a headache pill that is given regardless of the cause of the headache.

Offline Kima

• View Profile
« Reply #19265 on: 29/12/2013 17:43:13 »
in Russian forum, a man helps a diet without gluten In just seven days, the symptoms disappear.

johanstefansson

« Reply #19266 on: 30/12/2013 10:48:46 »
Wonderful with some research carried out about this.

Orgasm yesterday, feeling slightly retarded today, chest and heart pain. Tried 500 mg niacin and loratadin 15 min prior to sex.

Offline nathan123

• View Profile
« Reply #19267 on: 30/12/2013 14:22:20 »
Hi mr.vat i am one of th person who is cured from pois. I saw your post which is on speech where you told that teeth is obstacles for speech. Same problem even i am facing and every time i feel that there is some restraining me from my speech. Due u have any idea on this

Offline Kima

• View Profile
« Reply #19268 on: 30/12/2013 15:36:41 »
MrVat7

You did not think to meet with Nathan ? I think Nathan would not mind showing you their doctor .

Offline MrVat7

• View Profile
« Reply #19269 on: 01/01/2014 05:30:12 »
Hey Nathan
Yes I absolutely know about the speech obstacle problem.

Well I was too thinking that my jaw is too narrow for my tongue to reside in my mouth. Hard to digest this truth, It is because of depression that one (including me) is feeling that being unable to speak is due to teeth. This is because of POIS induced depression. I had discussed this with my psychiatrist upto too long time and I was not ready to accept this depression thing about speech . He gave SNRI and Dopamine agonist, Convincingly my speech was totally clear, loud and understandable.

After a week or so, on POIS, I was back to normal slurred speech, and I was still taking those prescribed drugs. A reasonable explanation is that POIS induced depression is NOT due to lack of neurotransmitters in the brain. Interesting. If it were so then drugs had to keep me alright. This induced depression is due to lack of blood and oxygen going into brain. So neurotransmitters do not get enough of potential to keep a strong communication in brain. That is why Niacin helps, It maintains blood flow and oxygen consumption in brain. Taking MDD drugs is not helpful in POIS until there is niacin or any other drug(or proper diet) to maintain a regular blood flow. 

When I asked about teeth and skeletal problems, I wanted to check out how many of us have the same problem. I have crooked teeth and Pectus excavatum(since birth) and a excavate type of terrain on my upper head . Many of POISers have skeletal problems. It is amazing to see this similarities in POISers. Was it that it was decided from our birth that we had to have POIS? Having such similarities is a matter of scientific research. If this are so, then POIS can be prevented since birth. POIS has spoiled my 3 years and still ongoing. more of years in many of you. Not anymore years folks.

Have a cheerful new year.

MrVat7
« Last Edit: 01/01/2014 05:42:23 by MrVat7 »

Offline MrVat7

• View Profile
« Reply #19270 on: 01/01/2014 05:38:20 »
Kima
I would like to meet Nathan's doctor. Where I live there are plenty of doctors specialized in their field. I had put on braces for crooked teeth and narrow arch but my main aim was to solve out speech problems because  I felt that having speech problems is due to narrow teeth arch and that is why I wanted to spend $2.2K for braces. I made a Mistake. Speech problems are due to POIS and not teeth. Well at least my crooked teeth and narrow arch would be solved I will look more handsome than earlier, Lol.

MrVat7

Offline tapman

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #19271 on: 01/01/2014 15:27:14 »
Happy New Year
New POIS video, newbielink:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5l6QLtKCRlg [nonactive]

Offline Kima

• View Profile
« Reply #19272 on: 03/01/2014 16:57:24 »
New update wikipedia Pois

Imbalance of cholesterol (a sharp decline for 1-2 days good or bad cholesterol) as a result of enhanced its processing into testosterone into force "genetic" features of the endocrine glands. As a result, the level of cholesterol in the blood at a time is not enough for the normal operation of other bodies, primarily for the construction of the myelin sheaths of neurons.

A set of actions aimed at improving metabolism (complete cessation of smoking, the normalization of body weight, the rejection of sedentary lifestyle).
2. Surveying the liver (about 80% of cholesterol is produced by the body). Treatment of diseases of the liver, hepatic reception.
3. Controlling the level of blood cholesterol - low cholesterol is also harmful to the body, as well as increased.
« Last Edit: 03/01/2014 17:08:12 by Kima »

Offline acronym

• View Profile
« Reply #19273 on: 04/01/2014 02:05:25 »
Hi mr.vat i am one of th person who is cured from pois. I saw your post which is on speech where you told that teeth is obstacles for speech. Same problem even i am facing and every time i feel that there is some restraining me from my speech. Due u have any idea on this
Nathan..but your are cured from pois I thought. If you still have speech problems maybe its independent of pois or maybe related to other condition that maybe makes one predisposed to maybe getting pois.
I never had speech issues like what I have read here, but I did have jaw/dental issues. My mouth was smaller than normal. I would not say I had trouble speaking but when it came to enunciating words properly I did. I put down my jaw issues to having low testosterone and HGH and also to an extent low confidence.
Low levels but not below normal for the doctors to want to help because I was still in the normal 95% of population range (which is bs imo, if symptoms are present).
« Last Edit: 04/01/2014 02:06:56 by acronym »

Offline MrVat7

• View Profile
« Reply #19274 on: 04/01/2014 13:07:21 »
I would say nathan needs to meet psychiatrist once. He can solve nathan's speech problem. Nathan may be under depression, I am just saying, meet psy and confirm it. Thing is in the society we live Sex and masturbation is considered as sin and as a bad thing to do. after an orgasm/sex he may get under depression and face cognitive issues and also speech problems. He may have diagnosed himself wrong to POIS. 

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #19274 on: 04/01/2014 13:07:21 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums