The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome (POIS)  (Read 6440346 times)

Offline sebastiano

• View Profile
Re: Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome (POIS)
« Reply #19425 on: 18/02/2014 10:54:06 »
Demografx, did you take testosterone for some time and then quitted or do you have to take forever?

In other words, after taking testosterone for some time, are you cured forever or it's like glasses (you must wear them all your life to see)?

johanstefansson

« Reply #19426 on: 19/02/2014 17:08:21 »
Hello, went to hospital and talked with a sexuologue, she says that what i am saying is not possible, the only thing which can be explained is my severe back pain …
She said its not possible to get sick after ejaculation,
i explained that if I stop being sexual active for 1 month i don't have any problems at all.. but she says its not possible

what to do now… -.-

got any tips against the anxiety ? thats the main issue i got…

Thanks Lars

I feel for you Lars.

I was made a fool of when i made complaints about my problems.. Amazing that doctors can have such bad attitude towards investigating interesting symptoms.

Today, abstinence works. It will help you. Dont pay attention to society pushing for sexual stimulation every day. Relax and let the scientists solve this issue.

There are some things you can do meanwhile. Ask doctors to spread the word about POIS so that maybe someone will find it interesting enough to carry out research about.
« Last Edit: 19/02/2014 17:10:36 by johanstefansson »

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19427 on: 20/02/2014 01:07:53 »
[former Moderator visiting periodically]

Demografx, did you take testosterone for some time and then quitted or do you have to take forever?

In other words, after taking testosterone for some time, are you cured forever or it's like glasses (you must wear them all your life to see)?

Like glasses...

For those of you interested in my TRT (testosterone replacement therapy) for POIS:

My recent (Feb 7) testosterone readings...with a remark of "good!" by my doctor --

Range
Testosterone, Total         436            250 - 1100 ng/dL

Testosterone, Free          75.5           35.0 - 155.0 pg/mL

I take Androderm 8mg/day (2 T-patches), 365 days/year...for several years now.

If you're interested, check infertility risks with your doctor. My sperm count went to zero, possibly due to this treatment. But I have children already, so it's ok (for me).

« Last Edit: 21/02/2014 05:15:25 by demografx »

johanstefansson

« Reply #19428 on: 22/02/2014 11:42:18 »
no ejaculation for a long time, think it was some weeks at least.
had one mild this morning... instantly took 250 mg niacin and one loratadin...

10 minutes in I felt as if the room temperature dropped with 10 Celsius.
congested in nose
trouble breathing
tried some mild exercise, had some effect, got me warmer but nose congestion still there, and trouble breathing. it did improve circulation in body, which is good.

no trouble with eyes yet, often does come as first symptom.

trouble breathing could be side effect of loratadin.

will keep posting.

johanstefansson

« Reply #19429 on: 22/02/2014 11:50:37 »
I will be presenting on my experience with POIS at the Stanford School of Medicine on February 6th as part of the "Engage and Empower Course" on patient engage.  Feel free to check out the live stream.

could you link to recording of this

johanstefansson

« Reply #19430 on: 23/02/2014 13:56:02 »
Loratadin allergy pill and niacin worked quite well.

Quite few symptoms 24 hours into.

Still some poor breathing, but overall OK.

Offline CertainlyPOIS

• View Profile
« Reply #19431 on: 23/02/2014 16:17:10 »
Loratadin allergy pill and niacin worked quite well.

Quite few symptoms 24 hours into.

Still some poor breathing, but overall OK.

which one did you use first and how long did you wait before using the other.

Offline oFreddEo

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #19432 on: 24/02/2014 08:22:05 »
What's the best thing you guys have used to alleviate symtoms? I'm new btw and know little but sadly I'm 100% sure I have POIS.

Offline Kima

• View Profile
« Reply #19433 on: 24/02/2014 16:15:31 »
Handed over analyzes on of testosterone. After ejaculation of testosterone instantly falls. In laboratory experiments . That's why many people do not hunt again to get an orgasm.
« Last Edit: 24/02/2014 16:18:31 by Kima »

Offline Kima

• View Profile
« Reply #19434 on: 24/02/2014 16:25:32 »
I think the answer is almost close to unraveling this syndrome. Hopefully soon will help us all Professor Komisaruk.

johanstefansson

« Reply #19435 on: 24/02/2014 21:17:57 »
About 2 days in now and very few symptoms.

I think that the symptoms are very much less if one has a long break between ejaculations.
What does that mean? Someone enlighten me.

It seems the allergy pill had some effects but mostly niacin, good food and very mild exercise to get the body pumping. Maybe its not good to sleep after sex?

Took niacin and loratadin at same time, 5 min after ejaculation.

I would say its really fun not to have become as sick as usual, even though i have been outside in cold weather.

Offline dekoichi

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #19436 on: 26/02/2014 22:58:06 »
Hi guys, this is my first time here. I'm 20 years old and I've been dealing with POIS for about 3 years. My question is this - does anybody have any means of, pardon the crude topic, desensitizing themselves so they can perform sexually? Any way to be able to have sex without climax.

It's been an worry for me that if I get into a relationship I wouldn't be able to fulfill that part of it and I would hate for that to get in the way.

Thanks!

Offline sebastiano

• View Profile
« Reply #19437 on: 27/02/2014 15:11:02 »
Hi guys, this is my first time here. I'm 20 years old and I've been dealing with POIS for about 3 years. My question is this - does anybody have any means of, pardon the crude topic, desensitizing themselves so they can perform sexually? Any way to be able to have sex without climax.

It's been an worry for me that if I get into a relationship I wouldn't be able to fulfill that part of it and I would hate for that to get in the way.

Thanks!

You can use a spray with lidocaine.It is used to overcome premature ejaculation but if you take the right amont of it you will not have climax.

Offline Bulbo

• View Profile
« Reply #19438 on: 01/03/2014 02:24:01 »
Hello everyone
I am new to this forum.i am a member of poiscenter.com forum. I have POIS.
My thyroid results were normal but I have this constant brain fog even not during POIS.I read in many websites that people who have normal thyroid values but have brain fog were benefited by taking t3. I am going to try t3 even though I dont get it in my country.
I wanted to ask if anyone had success with t3

« Last Edit: 04/03/2014 00:30:43 by demografx »

Offline myself.

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #19439 on: 01/03/2014 06:29:54 »
hi everybody,
impressive great work here...i'm new to this forum.

would someone kindly summarise the probable ways to alleviate depression or quicken depression recovery after orgasm for woman?

thanks for your support

sincerely

Offline Omen 30

• View Profile
« Reply #19440 on: 01/03/2014 11:15:31 »
i get these eruptions all over my body small acne kind of till the 7 days after that i feel better no eruptions, things start getting better.vitamin d helps,i take 1000 iu everyday sometimes 400 iu.eruptions means there is definately imflamation and vit d definately helps.pls try vit d3.i think imfalamtion is the reason for the brain fog also.
« Last Edit: 01/03/2014 11:19:27 by Omen 30 »

Offline RiverBlues77

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #19441 on: 01/03/2014 17:25:16 »
I have been suffering from this since I was 23 - great to finally find this forum.

During the worst times I had Parkinson's like symptoms (muscle twitches and shaking), severe depression and premature ejaculation.

One thing I have found that helps considerably is to take Omega 3, preferably fish based, the best quality you can find. I take 2 double potency capsules daily. When I stop, the symptoms are about 5x worse. I also find that exercise helps. Sex is also definitely preferable to masturbation, and if you are going to masturbate do so to an intense orgasm. This completely solved my PE and makes this condition manageable - although I still hate it.

I tried to take velvet bean supplements for a while because of their effect on the dopamine system but they made me totally hypersexed.

I find that when I am in the grips of this eating sugary things and caffeine also help.

Offline jferr

• View Profile
« Reply #19442 on: 01/03/2014 20:32:03 »
Hello everyone. It has been some time. I hope everyone is hanging in there. I have a question for everyone.

I usually orgasm once every few months before bed only because too much energy builds up inside me and I feel restless. I have been taking niacin before orgasm and spirulina, vitamin c, zinc, and amino acids right after orgasm. This worked for a while and improved my symptoms but recently it has given me strange feelings. After I take these things recently I am up halfway through the night with head discomfort, and i cannot breath easy or relax. A lot of moving and head tingling/pressure that is horrible. It slowly subsides after a few hours and disappears after a couple of days.

I'm wondering in any of your opinions does it make sense to think that all those proteins and amino acids right after orgasm are affecting my brain? Maybe its too much for myself to handle and my body is trying to keep up with it. I feel burned out after. Anyone else have experiences like this?

Offline ClicheMaverick

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #19443 on: 01/03/2014 23:48:27 »
Greetings, all!

19, male.

You guys have no idea how relieved I am to find a group of people who seem to be dealing with the exact same issues I am. Of course, I'm also discouraged and fearful that there really isn't any answers to our problem quite yet.

I've spent the last couple hours reading as much as I could from this thread, looking for any ideas or suggestions for dealing with and fixing this problem. It still sounds like it's all kind of up in the air, however. If anyone could direct me to some pages from this forum with beneficial material such as coping with this issue, I would appreciate it.

Also, after reading all of your posts, I've noticed that I've experienced some rather unique symptoms. The shakiness, fatigue, and general drowsiness all do indeed occur directly after orgasm, and seem to last for the standard 3-4 days. However, I tend to have one big attack exactly 24 hours after orgasm. I can feel it coming, (usually due to anxiety, which I struggle with quite a bit) and I lay down in order to brace myself. It originates in the back of my head, right where my neck meets my spine, and it jolts my entire body. My muscles all tense up, and they feel as if they fill up with adrenaline. Everything shakes. I get extremely cold and clammy - my chest and arms especially. Absolute terror of death and of the unknown take over completely. I find it helps to rub my thighs with my hands vigorously (in order to get the blood moving?). These attacks last for about 5 minutes, but it happens multiple times during the one night. After I wake up the next morning, I'm back to that basic fatigue/drowsiness state, but it's a hell of a lot better, and it goes away within a day or two.

Has anyone on here posted any similar response to POIS?

So far, the only way I've found to fix these symptoms is to avoid all sexual activity completely. But I mean, come on. Who wants that?! ;)

Thanks for your time, poisers.

Offline RiverBlues77

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #19444 on: 02/03/2014 12:43:01 »

I usually orgasm once every few months before bed only because too much energy builds up inside me and I feel restless. I have been taking niacin before orgasm and spirulina, vitamin c, zinc, and amino acids right after orgasm.

Try Omega 3 capsules. 2 of them 2 hours before, then 2 immediately after. Also get a magnesium supplement, preferably oil that you rub into your skin.

Offline acronym

• View Profile
« Reply #19445 on: 04/03/2014 02:30:10 »
no ejaculation for a long time, think it was some weeks at least.
had one mild this morning... instantly took 250 mg niacin and one loratadin...

10 minutes in I felt as if the room temperature dropped with 10 Celsius.
congested in nose
trouble breathing
tried some mild exercise, had some effect, got me warmer but nose congestion still there, and trouble breathing. it did improve circulation in body, which is good.

no trouble with eyes yet, often does come as first symptom.

trouble breathing could be side effect of loratadin.

will keep posting.

Johan - it sounds like you are taking the nicain just after having an O. The majority of the advocates of niacin take it say about 30-20 mins before an O. They take the  flush type niacin and also it works more effectively on an empty stomach. I have tried it and it works somewhat for me but not a total cure alas. the more often you take the flush version the less you will have the beetroot face when you do, which is what put me off it for a while in terms of walking back into the room to have some fun with the woman sporting the bad sunburn look.

B-Jim - have you tried progesterone?  I had a feeling a couple did here and one had good outcome but the other didn't. I guess it depends on where you live but there are some OTC versions of progesterone creme I thought. It needs a doctor script where I live so its not so straight forward to give it a try. I ran it past my GP but he wouldn't let me try it.

dekoichi -desensitizing. You could get yourself a small tube of tattoo desensitizing lotion and give it a try (test it before you go on your date though so you know how much to get the right balance between getting a good erection and not cumming easily). It has the same active ingredient in it that some of the 'last longer' sprays have that get sold in sex/erotica shops. You could also try those, just that the tattoo numbing version is cheap.

Lars - no shock on getting treated as a weirdo by the hospital (main stream) doctors. You asked about dealing with anxiety. Here is a thread that might interest you. http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/completely-eliminated-my-severe-anxiety-symptoms-with-three-supplements.18369/.
I had to deal with periods of high anxiety when I was younger. I took lots of calcium, magnesium, calming herbs, trytophan, honey, cut down on meat + wheat, took rescue remedy drops, got plenty of sleep + went to sleep listening to relaxation/confidence hypnotism CDs and of course less ejaculation. Less anxiety after 5 weeks but also less mentally sharp too.

sebastiano - I am on TRT. Yes when you go on it it is generally for life, so it needs to be considered carefully though most guys if they feel crappy due to low T will take that chance. There are drugs out there to boost T but most doctors don't know about them or want to know about them because it is not conventional. Body Builders & athletes, take them as part of their post cycle treatment. Lots of body builders & wrestlers who were total juice monkeys have gone on to have kids when they quit or had breaks from the steroids. you would have a hard time finding a doctor who knows his stuff on this. I have read cases of guys who have kallmanns-syndrome (stunted puberty) having hard time finding endos who will think outside the box when it comes to treatment/fertility.
« Last Edit: 04/03/2014 02:56:24 by acronym »

Offline RiverBlues77

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #19446 on: 04/03/2014 10:17:28 »
It has been interesting reading the comments about testosterone. I was brought up vegetarian and fed loads of soya meat-substitutes by a well-meaning mother, which I think is partly responsible for my condition, because soya increases estrogen levels.

I have scheduled a visit with an endocrinologist in 2 weeks and am going to have my T levels tested. If need be I will then go onto testosterone supplements. I will also move onto a full nutrition supplement.

I have suffered from this f^%king disorder for 18 years now, and have achieved nothing more than symptom reduction and management, so if it works for me hopefully will work for others. Will keep you posted.

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19447 on: 05/03/2014 04:48:20 »
[Former Moderator visiting periodically]

I think the answer is almost close to unraveling this syndrome. Hopefully soon will help us all Professor Komisaruk.

I agree! :)

Offline Thapelo

• View Profile
« Reply #19448 on: 09/03/2014 14:39:38 »
I finally found a doctor who knows stuff about this. He said i suffer from POIS, but he need more money before he can continue his research. The problem is 50k…. i cannot believe that 50k stops the whole research, ill meet him again this thursday and ask for more information about his research, will post it here.
The strange thing is that since 2 months my symptoms has changed, i normally got severe back pain and dizziness in my head, i now just suffer from anxiety and depression..
Does those niacine help for these symptoms too?
The doctor said that taking vitamin b3 helps, so ill try that too

Offline Starsky

• View Profile
« Reply #19449 on: 09/03/2014 16:30:39 »
Did you meet Dr. Marcel Waldinger?

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #19449 on: 09/03/2014 16:30:39 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums

Login
Login with username, password and session length