The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome (POIS)  (Read 6449774 times)

Offline Thapelo

• View Profile
Re: Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome (POIS)
« Reply #19550 on: 24/05/2014 14:55:22 »
Hey Lars,

I noticed that already and i believe serotonin is involved in POIS ; i've taken SSRI for two years with at first a total suppression of my symptoms.

That being said, I dont' think that the mechanism is that simple ; the niacin you ingest to produce serotonin after 30 minutes, it should have to inhibitory/protective effect somehow.

My experience with niacin has never been conclusive but I need to give other tentatives ; 5HTP helped me.

Dear Lapoisse,

Niancine does more than just make seratonine, it reduces the effect of inflammation, which reduce the allergic reaction. This might be the protective effect of niacin.
Ill try 5htp for a while.
Thanks for sharing your experience.

Offline A-Memo

• View Profile
« Reply #19551 on: 28/05/2014 11:00:57 »
hi , anybody knows the mechanism of being POIS with  kind of hypersensitivity reactions to caffiene and grains (hypersensitivity that disturb the whole day not just for hour and then it is relieved Okay ! ;)  ) , i really dont understand how this evolved it is a rare disorder that i cant understand.Any thing that i eat which release dopamine am sensitive to it , i think there is a defect which is related to the three of them ,, or if the defect in the immune sysytem then why am sensitive to all of these , note that i dont have any other manifestation of sensitivity except nervous maifestation  i dont have any kind of skin rash or anaphylaxis to any of them i just feel depressed and anxious after ingestion of caffiene , all grains except rice and then come the pois  which is not ingested  >:( ,, any ideas guys ? , or any one have the same manifestations ? if some one has the same plz i to talk to him regarding this . cause never heard about person who have POIS and caffiene sensitivity at the same time !!   any person who has nervous sensitivity to stimulants or grain plz contact me privately or post a commet  :)
« Last Edit: 28/05/2014 11:02:31 by A-Memo »

Offline gondal4

• View Profile
« Reply #19552 on: 28/05/2014 16:43:33 »
New symptom since last 7 months ejaculation never stops after orgasm untill i urinate

Offline MrVat7

• View Profile
« Reply #19553 on: 01/06/2014 16:38:06 »
Poisers may have a sudden fall in dopamine after an orgasm...symptoms says.

Offline FinalPanic

• View Profile
« Reply #19554 on: 06/06/2014 10:51:07 »
A-Memo - I have terrible problems with caffeine. If I drink a regular ground coffee I very quickly develop seriously heightened anxiety - bordering on panic. This can last for hours - once I come down I feel absolutely exhausted - I will be anxious and trembling for rest of the day. I have had pois symptoms for over 30 years now. I manage it as best as I can. I developed anxiety problems when about 19 whilst suffering terrible insomnia. This just made me feel so ill. Any stimulants - coffee, alcohol, cigarettes all had an amplified effect on me. I was ok before my sleeping troubles. Then my trouble started and BAM - all over the place. Pois started during this period. It seems obvious to me that my body is all messed up - anxiety being caused by wayward body chemistry, intolerance of any stimulants which cause hugely exaggerated effects - I can avoid the obvious stimulants but avoiding orgasm is a bit of a tall order. I really do think that pois is a bodyshock to a weakened and perpetually over stimulated nervous system. Body just cannot cope and goes haywire. I believe that if I could unwind my anxiety that my pois would too subside - but that is easier said than done. Anxiety is a compounding condition for me - worry creates worry. I get anxious about feeling anxious. It becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. It becomes part of your make-up - I live in a constant state of exhaustion, but I am honest with myself. I have tried many of the suggestions on here. They do not work for me as they do not treat the core problem. Having said this I am in a relationship, have a daughter, run a business - it takes determination but it is all do-able. As I have aged my pois symptoms are lasting longer - going from a very bad hit for a day or two, to less intrusive symptoms that now last over several days - usually 7 to 10. Thing is having more orgasms during pois does not make it worse.

Offline A-Memo

• View Profile
« Reply #19555 on: 06/06/2014 11:38:52 »
Thanks Man , ur description of your state and condition is so comprhensive , it seems like there is a combination of congenital factors , hormone receptors secretions etc...  and as u said an enviromental factor which is the surrounding atmosphere of anxiety and stress ,, and the things that exaggerate the conditions are the stimulants , now i cant consume caffiene any more i get anxiety and pooor sleep and am sure it is a kind of hypersensitivity reaction cause when i avoid those stimulants i feel better some how but again the main core process of the illness is still unfixed, i still support the theory of allergy cause stressful situations can disturb your immunity ,, thanks U
« Last Edit: 06/06/2014 11:40:30 by A-Memo »

Offline FinalPanic

• View Profile
« Reply #19556 on: 06/06/2014 12:20:29 »
I have to view the orgasm and the chemical mechanism that drives it as another unwanted stimulus to an exhausted system. Problem is it is part of me and not something I can walk away from like coffee or booze.

Offline fornicationDENIED2

• View Profile
« Reply #19557 on: 10/06/2014 00:06:39 »
Poisers may have a sudden fall in dopamine after an orgasm...symptoms says.

Everyone gets a sudden decrease in dopamine thanks to the temporal increase in prolactin after ejaculation. When you really think about it, hyperprolactemia could in theory cause similar symptoms to POIS

Talking about prolactin, I managed to reduce it from 11.66 ng/mL to 4.03 ng/mL and I have experienced progress because  of this.I could say I am almost cured, there are still things I must do like updated thyroid bloodwork and see it that was fixed and some  insomnia  I get if I ejaculate at night which I can't explain yet, better than POIS but still...

« Last Edit: 10/06/2014 00:08:20 by fornicationDENIED2 »

johanstefansson

« Reply #19558 on: 10/06/2014 09:23:36 »
Do any of you guys here do adrenaline intensive stuff, like riding dirt bike or skydiving??

Could doing adrenaline intensive stuff maybe be the solution???

What do you think guys?

ps keep posting and help each other.

johanstefansson

« Reply #19559 on: 10/06/2014 09:31:57 »
I developed anxiety problems when about 19 whilst suffering terrible insomnia. This just made me feel so ill. Any stimulants - coffee, alcohol, cigarettes all had an amplified effect on me. I was ok before my sleeping troubles. Then my trouble started and BAM - all over the place.

I actually do think pois came first for you, then insomnia.

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19560 on: 11/06/2014 01:12:36 »
You're right!!

Offline LupeNL

• View Profile
« Reply #19561 on: 13/06/2014 20:45:09 »
I'm convinced that POIS is one of many manifestations of mercury poisoning. Before you call me paranoid, give this a chance and make your own investigation.

I had POIS since I remember. Through my teens I had some other minor symptoms, but generally concidered myself healthy. We get slowly worse and don't recognize a problem until it's too late. I've been coming across the idea of mercury being a problem many times and always disregard it as a conspiracy theory.

Two years ago my health became terrible. Insomnia, terrible gut issues, candida, loss of weight, panic attacks. I felt like something attacked my nervous system. I thought I was dying. At that time I wished to go back to times when my biggest problem was POIS. Going through hell forced me to go deep looking for answers. 2 years of everyday investigation - reading forums, books, visiting doctors, medical tests, trying different paths, numerous supplements and analyzing reactions - all led me back to mercury.

Main reason why mercury poisoning is not recognized by western medicine, are the unique characteristics of this heavy metal:
1) It goes to your body much easier than leaves it - it can stay for years if not detoxed
2) It doesn't stay in blood, but go straight to tissues hence blood tests are useless
3) It has strong affinity with brain causing brain diseases and behavioral problems (google "Mad Hatter Disease")
4) Liver, gut and kidneys are many times affected as a major detox pathway
5) Even with high exposure symptoms don't show up immediately but gradually, sometimes after months
6) It's not about how much mercury you excrete (it show up in hair test or urine test) but how much you retain - people suffering are those who cannot excrete hence showing very little mercury in hair test but all other essential metals out of whack
7) There's no safe level of mercury - it's toxic in most elementar state
8) It's second most toxic metal on earth
9) Getting rid of mercury is a long process of chelation most likely taking 1-3 years
10) Mercury pass the placenta during pregnancy and acumulate in unborn baby

Major source of exposure:
-dental amalgam fillings (in your mother's mouth during pregnancy is enough)
-vaccines (mercury compound Thiomersal)
-seafood (tuna, shark, other big fishes)

For more info I recommend watching on youtube: dr Boyd Haley, dr David Geier, Minamata Disease, Acrodynia, Mercury Exposure channel, Trace Amounts trailer

After getting familiar with the topic I recommend reading Frequent Dose Chelation group where people were reporting problems after having orgasm as one among many symptoms of mercury toxicity

I'm far from being healthy today, but made big progress with supplement program slowly replenishing mineral deficiencies caused by mercury and bringing my body to balance. I started frequent dose chelation 6 months ago and it was a breakthrough for me. Redistribution symptoms which are part of the process, feel exactly the same as post orgasmic downfall which led me to believe that orgasm is connected with redistributing mercury in the body.

Offline vik1379

• View Profile
mercury
« Reply #19562 on: 13/06/2014 21:42:54 »
I'm convinced that POIS is one of many manifestations of mercury poisoning.

I have gave a urine sample to determine the toxic metals. I have mercury levels in 26 times higher than normal in Germany. The doctor surprised me - said it was not a big defeat mercury, and it can not be the cause of "pois"

Offline LupeNL

• View Profile
« Reply #19563 on: 13/06/2014 22:25:07 »
I'm not a doctor and I understand you have full trust in what your doctor told you...

I've been through hell, made my investigation and only thing I'm encouraging is to do the same. Think for yourself and think about all the symptoms you had in your life besides POIS. Even minor ones. You may be suprised with your findings. As was I....

If you're from Germany I recommend to watch on youtube: Detoxing Fundamentals - Klinghardt(1998)

Offline LAPOISSE2

• View Profile
« Reply #19564 on: 14/06/2014 08:28:21 »
I got sick just after doing vaccine for Africa ; (yellow fever, B hepatitis) ; just found out they contain mercury.

Offline vik1379

• View Profile
« Reply #19565 on: 14/06/2014 21:03:37 »
I'm not a doctor and I understand you have full trust in what your doctor told you...

I've been through hell, made my investigation and only thing I'm encouraging is to do the same. Think for yourself and think about all the symptoms you had in your life besides POIS. Even minor ones. You may be suprised with your findings. As was I....

If you're from Germany I recommend to watch on youtube: Detoxing Fundamentals - Klinghardt(1998)
I am from Russia.
What do you recomended to be free from mercury?

Offline LupeNL

• View Profile
« Reply #19566 on: 14/06/2014 21:20:15 »
I got sick just after doing vaccine for Africa ; (yellow fever, B hepatitis) ; just found out they contain mercury.

That's a clear connection.

First person that directed me towards mercury was also poisoned by B hepatitis vaccine. He didn't connect the dots initialy cause nobody ever suspects the vaccine. Only after his wife took the same vaccine later, he realized what's going on. She became extremely emotional and started having some weird behavioral problems. They didn't have POIS but a lot of symptoms similar to mine and many more other problems.

Mercury poisoning is not what we usually think of when we say "poisoning". It's an element, so it disturbs elemental balance. Fundaments of our system. What we're made of on the lowest level. Hormones and neurotrasmitters are dependent on that balance. That's why mercury can create such mess in your body resulting in multiple symptoms which are hard to get rid of, unless you take care of a real cause.

Offline LupeNL

• View Profile
« Reply #19567 on: 14/06/2014 22:44:48 »
I am from Russia.
What do you recomended to be free from mercury?

Most important factor in detoxing mercury is increasing intracelullar glutathione - antioxidant that binds mercury and take it out of body. Taking glutathione orally doesn't work cause it doesn't reach the tissues. That's why you need to take chelators that increase glutathione in the cells, bind mercury deep in tissues and bring it to kidneys and liver for excretion. There are two main protocols that people use:

1) Andy Cutler's frequent dose chelation protocol
Cutler recommends 3 chelators: DMPS, DMSA, ALA. First two clean blood extracellulary. ALA is the only one that crosses blood-brain barrier and takes mercury out of brain. ALA is supossed to be vital for getting healthy. DMSA and DMPS is not, but it's really important not to take ALA if your last exposure to mercury (vaccine, amalgam removal, eating poisoned fish) was later than 6 months ago. It can create terrible redistribution symptoms. It's also very important not to chelate while having amalgams in mouth. It has to be removed in safe way by mercury-aware dentist.
Basic protocol is ALA+DMSA low dose every 3 hours for 3 days (at night also) and then 3 days off with supplementing high dose minerals (zinc,magnesium,selenium etc.). If your last exposure was later than 6 months you can start taking only DMSA in the same way to clean mercury extracelullary.
Big part of this protocol is hair mineral analysis. Cutler created counting rules that determine probability of having mercury in tissues.
Very often mercury poisoned people (including me) have low selenium and high aluminum in hair.
If you already have high mercury in urine, that's good news cause you're already excreting it through kidneys. Based on what I've read you should also see it in your hair test

2) Dietrich Klinghardt's protocol
Based on natural chelators - cilantro and chlorella. Both are supposed to be very good in binding mercury but there are different views on whether they can reach the blood-brain barrier.

Personally I tried chlorella, DMSA and ALA. I had biggest progress with DMSA. I only introduced ALA recently so too early to tell. Hair tests were also essential in my progress. When getting rid of mercury you need to replace it with good minerals. Some people believe that you can get rid of mercury with mineral supplementation alone, but it probably takes longer. As I wrote before, even with chelators most success stories involve 1-3 years of chelation. During this time you can get worse before you get better and there are periods of no improvement. That's why many stop and think it's not mercury.

I'm convinced that mercury is the problem. I'm not convinced that in my case I can get rid of it totally, but I keep chelating and tolerate higher doses over time, so it gives me hope.

I recommend A LOT of reading on protocols and watching youtube videos on this topic. Cutler wrote a book called "Amalgam Illness". Frequent Dose Chelation group is also a big source of information .

Offline RD

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19568 on: 15/06/2014 01:29:13 »
... amalgams in mouth. It has to be removed in safe way by mercury-aware dentist.

I'm convinced that mercury is the problem.

Most adults have amalgam fillings , if you are correct why aren't most adults ill ?

Quote from: LupeNL
Hair tests were also essential in my progress.

Re: hair-analysis see ... http://www.quackwatch.com/01QuackeryRelatedTopics/hair.html
« Last Edit: 15/06/2014 01:32:31 by RD »

Offline LupeNL

• View Profile
« Reply #19569 on: 15/06/2014 10:59:12 »
Most adults have amalgam fillings , if you are correct why aren't most adults ill ?

Ok. Let me try to explain. Once again, it comes down to the unique characteristics of mercury, which are proven scientifically by the way. It's an element. It's NOT like a substance, alcohol or whatever. It goes inside your body and it almost never leaves. It accumulates through generations as it is passed through placenta to a baby.

If you put amalgam in a mouth of the person, whose family didn't have much exposure to mercury, he can have no visible symptoms all life. His children may be harmed though. It also depends on other factors - how well amalgam was placed, what other exposures person may had not only to mercury but less toxic metals like aluminum. Aluminum by itself is easily detoxed, but mercury likes to bind to it and inhibits its excretion causing horrible combination.

Another important thing: mercury has strong affinity with the brain. Before amalgams were placed on a regular basis and vaccines injected (beginning of the century) there weren't so many brain diseases. There were other problems, but not like these you see today. When mercury goes to brain, the most often result are changes in the behaviour (watch on youtube and read on Wikipedia: "Mad Hatter Disease"). These changes are usually accepted in society as part of your character or upbringing. At best you're directed to the psychiatrist. Nobody will consider that you're physically ill.

My mother is a great example. She had amalgams all her life and suffers from unexplained depression. She didn't have any trauma or family problems. She thinks: "It's just the way I am". She also has a flu every two months, but it's accepted nowadays as nothing unusual. So outisde everyone consider her a healthy person but in reality she's far from it.

And then there's me. Due to my mother's amalgams I was born prematurely and underweight. I had some minor problems all my life but I went through school, did sports, had friends, got a job and everyone thinks I'm perfectly healthy. Now I can't eat most of the things, have problems with sleep, POIS and many other things. There were signs of it in my childhood, but I was considered healthy so no worries, right?

Still today, people look at me like I'm healthy and hypochondriac. Read the mercury forums - all very similar stories. People on this forum should recognize this yourself. Most of you are probably considered healthy, though you suffer from terrible condition of POIS. I'm pretty sure you will recognize other similarities when you read the stories of sufferers.

Look around, most people have some weird health problems nowadays. It may sound like a conspiracy theory but when you go deep you will see the connections. That's why I strongly encourage your own investigation. And remember, I was also coming across this theory like you do right now and disregarded it immediately.

Recommend to watch on youtube:
Mad Hatter's Disease
How Mercury Destroys the Brain - University of Calgary
FDA Hearings on Mercury Dental Amalgam Safety
FDA Townhall California 2011 David Kennedy and Stacy Case Testimony
David Geier There is no safe level of mercury
From Acrodynia to Autism: Mercury Across Generations

Re: hair-analysis see ... newbielink:http://www.quackwatch.com/01QuackeryRelatedTopics/hair.html [nonactive]

As for this one, I had doubts also. It clearly shows progress based on minerals I'm taking. My friend who's a smoker showed high cadmium in hair. Maybe a coincidence, but I don't think so. Boyd Haley, David Geier, Andy Cutler - all people who make sense to me say it's relevant.

Offline A-Memo

• View Profile
« Reply #19570 on: 15/06/2014 17:05:32 »
guys i found out that i have grain intolerance about two years ago and i just found it now ,it seems it has something to do with asensitivity reaction toward grains, still i didnt detoxfy from grains i fell it gonna be significant finding in POIS

Offline RD

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile

Offline MrVat7

• View Profile
« Reply #19572 on: 16/06/2014 04:48:47 »
I am in college and i had pois since 9th grade.. I remember , in 9th grade i was having a bottle containing 20grams of mercury and i used to play with it..Then that mercury got spilled in my schoolbag and i didnt took much care.. i used the same bag spilled with mercury daily..That maybe when i got chronic exposure to mercury... i felt symptoms 4-6 months from that exposure.. this can be possible cause of pois. 

Offline LupeNL

• View Profile
« Reply #19573 on: 16/06/2014 12:31:11 »
newbielink:http://americanloons.blogspot.co.uk/2013/10/737-boyd-haley.html [nonactive]

newbielink:http://americanloons.blogspot.co.uk/2011/01/141-david-mark-geier.html [nonactive]

Anyone who says anything bad about vaccines is considered a lunatic. The funny thing is those guys are not even against vaccines, but against mercury in vaccines. Listen to them and make your own judgement instead of following the common road, which hasn't been helping anyone.

And I guess LAPOISSE2 vaccine, MrVat7 messing with mercury and vik1379 having high mercury in urine, is just a coincidence... Maybe it is, but I don't think so

This is a second most toxic element in the world! Read about it. Yet we use it in amalgams and vaccines as it's not a big deal.
The most toxic one is plutonium. You don't put it in your teeth or inject it in your veins, don't you?

Offline MrVat7

• View Profile
« Reply #19574 on: 16/06/2014 13:21:56 »
Mercury amalgum has different propertis than elemental mercury..and they are safe to use amd are approved by govt. Elemental mercury is toxic and one requires a professional to clean mercury spill..i didnt knew this in 9th grade..and that may have altered my tissue functioning..which caused me pois..possible.

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #19574 on: 16/06/2014 13:21:56 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums

Login
Login with username, password and session length