The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome (POIS)  (Read 6461956 times)

Offline ragnarlind

• First timers
    • View Profile
Re: Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome (POIS)
« Reply #19600 on: 11/07/2014 18:15:13 »
Hello ... I have not posted here for ages and as far as I can tell there is nothing very new going on for our syndrome ...
There are some perhaps relevant thoughts about how "stress" debilitates many body functions on a cellular level ... see Sapolsky's great documentary about "self esteem stress" impacting weight gain (around the belly), artery sclerosis , depression, dopamin function etc.

For me it is clearly a dopamine collapse happening around 6 hours after an O and then symptoms lasts for about a week. Headache (frontal lobe), severe grumpiness (poor my lovely wife).  I was first introduced to this hang-over syndrome newbielink:http://www.reuniting.info [nonactive] by Marnia Robinson who still has the best explanation for how nature has genetically programed us for gene diversity, by finding fault with our mates after orgasm and looking for a NEW mate (see the Coolidge Effect -- newbielink:http://www.reuniting.info/science/coolidge_effect [nonactive] ). 
My feeling is that many more people experience some variety of this than us POISers but that they don't connect the dots. If the symptoms are delayed it is not easy to say that there is a connection unless you have been alerted to the possibility of it !  Others, like me, have enough head aches so that it does not stand out (unless you look for it). The grumpiness, the brain fog, the cold symptoms, back aches etc. can be the same lack of connection so it is disappearing in our general up and down character...
So dopamine (the desire hormone) ... it falls sharply after orgasm but for some it disappears from the scale and keeps going down in waves ... total dopamine loss which affects the brain in many negative ways -- depression, memory loss and loss of other functions. Marnia's alarm started me looking and got me to the POIS page and for me the connection is obvious -- not so for everybody. There are many who want to find an answer that can be handled by antibiotics or some other pill. Perhaps there is some such solution for some I have not found one. I have never found Dr. Waldingers allergy autoimmune theory convincing, that we should be allergic to our sperm or semen ...
There was hope in Marnia's recommendation to skip frequent orgasms and practice Karrezza but for me that lead to another very disappointing discovery: that even getting "horny" triggered the hang-over respons but in a milder form. Still headaches but perhaps less intense. So how to deal with massive dopamine loss ? One that works but is dangerous is aspirin+codeine ... the morphine takes care of the dopamine loss but if you take it for more than 3 days you are hooked ! So you have to be aware and stop looking for relief at the 3d day onward. Oh well ... this is where I am now :-(

Offline desperate man

• View Profile
« Reply #19601 on: 11/07/2014 21:17:43 »
Yes, the dopamine theory is still the most convincing for me. I have came across a study few days ago which mentions the reward circuit and food connection. It was saying something about junk food, high sugar downregulating dopamine production.

Basically if you have insufficient dopamine/or faulty receptor activity then you will crave junk food. Catch22. Dopamine plays a huge role in hunger and weight loss, weight gain.

I occasionally get POIS-like symptoms from very sugary foods. Other times it lifts my mood and gives me energy. It's very difficult to pin-point things but it could to be tied together to a combination of:

- adrenal hormone (cortisol) regulation throughout the day and your time of ejaculation in 24 hours period
- hunger and the foods you consume (are you starving yourself? it will screw up your adrenals)
- actual dopamine activity

I know that my symptoms are a result of losing a parent early in life (PTSD), previous SSRI use and the endless cycle from POIS causing fear and depression.

After further reading about the subject I truly feel that Cognitive Behavior Therapy could be an option in rewiring the brain and letting past traumas go in cases like mine, in which supplements do nothing but harm.
« Last Edit: 11/07/2014 21:39:50 by desperate man »

Offline desperate man

• View Profile
« Reply #19602 on: 12/07/2014 22:33:03 »
Is there a way to boost dopamine or dopamine receptor activity without triggering panic attacks? Feeling intelligent is such a good quality to have, at least there would be a compensation for the rest of the POIS symptoms.
I'm trying skullcap caps in order to boost GABA receptors to counteract delusional thinking and paranoia. I don't know if it will help with the low dopamine and 0 motivation though, but it will definetly lower norepinephrine, which if high will make you stupid...

Offline John21

• View Profile
« Reply #19603 on: 13/07/2014 12:15:48 »
DM, it is possible to eliminate all sources of lust, but it takes commitment. I am a devout Catholic and adhere to it's instruction that avoiding all situations that lead to temptation will block temptation. I am living proof that a person can live (most of the time) without lust entering his mind, something unthinkable years ago. I don't watch many tv shows, very few movies (make sure they have no passion in them, and if they do I turn off the volume and avert my eyes) Sound crazy? It aint, it works! Online I am able to resist a search in the wrong direction that would spell certain disaster. I believe that worshiping God (obedience to His rules) gives me the ability to walk without falling. The only POIS that now afflicts me is very occasionally when I have an NE, otherwise I am a chase single person. I just wanted to let you know that there is hope from the maelstrom that of POIS.

As far as increasing dopamine, you can try consuming fava beans. I buy them dry and boil them, and include some with other beans for my evening protein most nights. Protein in general is very valuable to anyone with mental instability. I recommend a protein shake in the morning with breakfast, they contain lots of the amino acids used to build neurochemicals.

Offline Nightingale

• View Profile
« Reply #19604 on: 13/07/2014 19:55:16 »
Guys, on dopamine:

It's not the answer. I've tried everything you can do to modulate/upregulate/downregulate dopamine. Stimulants. Parkinsons drugs. Antipsychotics. And on and on. I've been through serious medical care for a period of 5 years because of mental illness, and I've had the opportunity to work with the best physicians out there. I've been seen at the National Institutes of Health here in the USA, and I had the ex-director of the entire inpatient center of the NIH (a psychiatrist) literally pull everything out of his hat to see what it would do dopaminergically.

The dopamine theories of mental illness and mental health are old news. They are losing relevance in light of research that points to the brain working on neural circuits and specific pathways that primarily create good health or poor health.

I personally found out just how important pathways are when deciding to undergo electroconvulsive therapy. It changed my life and SAVED ME from major depression. The repeated shocks and seizures formed new pathways that to this day are the main reasons I am thinking more about life and less about death!

That's why I'm so excited about our research, it focuses on a nervous system dysfunction. Nerve tone is essential for your brain's communication with our body, and if our nerves are not toned, or "out of tune", you can get over or under stimulated. And with as complicated a nerve as the vagus nerve is (the one being studied), this means a LOT of things would go wrong, and that's what I believe we see with POIS.

How can you help yourself with this approach/theory? Stimulate your body in a healthy way! It seems to me that ejaculation seriously disrupts the state of the nervous system. I have found for myself that if I engage in 1-2 hours of vigorous cardiovascular exercise (like biking or running), then I feel MUCH more peaceful. This would be explained by exercise's modulation of the autonomic nervous system. What else works? Meditation. Mindfulness meditation allows the brain and body to enter into a protective state, where you can handle anxieties more easily and identify sources of pain, physical and psychological. The more active I am, the better I do, and the more I sit in quiet contemplation on a regular basis, the more I can handle.

I truly believe this has to do with engaging my body's natural mechanisms to regulate nerve tone.

I think that vagal nerve stimulation has a lot of promise for us, and I look forward to some great work done in our study!

IF YOU FIND THAT THOUGHTS OF DEATH AND KILLING YOURSELF ENTER YOUR MIND, PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU UNDERSTAND YOU ARE CONSIDERED MAJORLY DEPRESSED AND WOULD BE A CANDIDATE FOR ELECTROCONVULSIVE THERAPY. It IS safe. It IS powerful. Take my results as evidence. I was very scared going into it, but it HAS BEEN THE CHOICE THAT HAS SAVED MY LIFE. DON'T HESITATE TO ASK YOUR DOCTOR.

But on a last note, I do find that anti-inflammatories help me deal with POIS. If I take NSAIDs before I ejaculate, I have reduced symptoms. BUT. NSAIDs are dangerous in the long term, and I have found a GREAT replacement in the form of curcumin, the active ingredient in tumeric root. Find a product that CONCENTRATES it, like Terry Naturally's Curamed or Curamin. I have been feeling less aches and pains, and my recovery times are faster.

Best,
Nightingale
« Last Edit: 13/07/2014 19:58:30 by Nightingale »

Offline John21

• View Profile
« Reply #19605 on: 13/07/2014 20:21:06 »
Nightingale,
I'm curious, have you tried turmeric instead? Does curcumin have a different effect for you? It seems that it wouldn't as curcumin is a component of turmeric.

Offline Nightingale

• View Profile
« Reply #19606 on: 14/07/2014 01:32:45 »
If you eat/take tumeric, you are eating/taking curcumin. There is no difference. Now, if you are SUPPLEMENTING with highly concentrated curcumin, thats the difference.

And yes, I have tried tumeric. It's in so many Indian dishes. You would have to eat so much that you would be sick, though, to achieve what you can with supplementation. A diet heavy on tumeric is not going to be realistic as a treatment.

Offline Kima

• View Profile
« Reply #19607 on: 14/07/2014 05:48:37 »
Guys, on dopamine:

It's not the answer. I've tried everything you can do to modulate/upregulate/downregulate dopamine. Stimulants. Parkinsons drugs. Antipsychotics. And on and on. I've been through serious medical care for a period of 5 years because of mental illness, and I've had the opportunity to work with the best physicians out there. I've been seen at the National Institutes of Health here in the USA, and I had the ex-director of the entire inpatient center of the NIH (a psychiatrist) literally pull everything out of his hat to see what it would do dopaminergically.

The dopamine theories of mental illness and mental health are old news. They are losing relevance in light of research that points to the brain working on neural circuits and specific pathways that primarily create good health or poor health.

I personally found out just how important pathways are when deciding to undergo electroconvulsive therapy. It changed my life and SAVED ME from major depression. The repeated shocks and seizures formed new pathways that to this day are the main reasons I am thinking more about life and less about death!

That's why I'm so excited about our research, it focuses on a nervous system dysfunction. Nerve tone is essential for your brain's communication with our body, and if our nerves are not toned, or "out of tune", you can get over or under stimulated. And with as complicated a nerve as the vagus nerve is (the one being studied), this means a LOT of things would go wrong, and that's what I believe we see with POIS.

How can you help yourself with this approach/theory? Stimulate your body in a healthy way! It seems to me that ejaculation seriously disrupts the state of the nervous system. I have found for myself that if I engage in 1-2 hours of vigorous cardiovascular exercise (like biking or running), then I feel MUCH more peaceful. This would be explained by exercise's modulation of the autonomic nervous system. What else works? Meditation. Mindfulness meditation allows the brain and body to enter into a protective state, where you can handle anxieties more easily and identify sources of pain, physical and psychological. The more active I am, the better I do, and the more I sit in quiet contemplation on a regular basis, the more I can handle.

I truly believe this has to do with engaging my body's natural mechanisms to regulate nerve tone.

I think that vagal nerve stimulation has a lot of promise for us, and I look forward to some great work done in our study!

IF YOU FIND THAT THOUGHTS OF DEATH AND KILLING YOURSELF ENTER YOUR MIND, PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU UNDERSTAND YOU ARE CONSIDERED MAJORLY DEPRESSED AND WOULD BE A CANDIDATE FOR ELECTROCONVULSIVE THERAPY. It IS safe. It IS powerful. Take my results as evidence. I was very scared going into it, but it HAS BEEN THE CHOICE THAT HAS SAVED MY LIFE. DON'T HESITATE TO ASK YOUR DOCTOR.

But on a last note, I do find that anti-inflammatories help me deal with POIS. If I take NSAIDs before I ejaculate, I have reduced symptoms. BUT. NSAIDs are dangerous in the long term, and I have found a GREAT replacement in the form of curcumin, the active ingredient in tumeric root. Find a product that CONCENTRATES it, like Terry Naturally's Curamed or Curamin. I have been feeling less aches and pains, and my recovery times are faster.

Best,
Nightingale

I agree with you.

Offline Kima

• View Profile
« Reply #19608 on: 14/07/2014 20:29:07 »
Dear Sir, I appreciate your concerns. What I proposed in the application was an hypothesis to be tested. This project is NOT anyone's doctoral dissertation; it is my own research project with collaborators, all of whom are doctors. While for formality, it is necessary to present a research protocol for approval by my University ethics committee, in reality, it will be necessary to do "pilot" research along those lines, starting with one or two POIS sufferers, requesting their feedback as to possible effectiveness, and inviting, and responding to, their suggestions. I do not intend to blindly proceed with the protocol on 12 POIS sufferers without obtaining continuous feedback and suggestions from each person. But please remember: this is research, NOT therapy. I appreciate your and the other POIS sufferers' sense of urgency and desperation. There are no guarantees in research; if there were, it would be therapy, not research. An hypothesis is an assertion that may be right or it may be wrong. Hopefully, by testing it in a flexible way (i.e., adjusting to results as they develop and modifying procedures that seem appropriate and useful), our knowledge of the cause(s) of POIS will improve and possibly lead eventually to therapy. Furthermore, I must await approval by our University ethics committee (i.e., IRB) before commencing the research. I expect that to occur at the beginning of next month. Sincerely,

Offline MrVat7

• View Profile
« Reply #19609 on: 16/07/2014 14:27:24 »
Guys, on dopamine:

Hello nightingle
Have u tried taking dopamine stimulants in higher dosage ? i have tried taking modafinil . which has weak Dopamine reuptake inhibition at very high dosage( 2.5 grams ) so it had and intense dopamine reuptake inhibition and i felt absolutely no POIS.

It may be that we POISers have very high and continues dopamine reuptake .. so normal doses may not work for us.. but DRI at high doses can block almost all dopamine reuptake sites giving us freedom from symptoms.

MrVat7

Offline desperate man

• View Profile
« Reply #19610 on: 18/07/2014 16:53:45 »
Guys I think I'm onto something. If you would be so kind and share the actual chemical excretion during orgasm from most reliable source please do. I'd be grateful.

I'm connecting my case to a rare, recessive inherited condition involved in metabolizing sugar compounds. Will share more, but need to do my research first.
This is very promising and I even found studies that linking compounds to Ejaculation Retrograde, which has been a hot topic in the past, but nobody could connect the dots.

Edit: http://www.encognitive.com/node/10925 Is this a good source?
Thanks!

« Last Edit: 18/07/2014 17:40:03 by desperate man »

Offline nathan123

• View Profile
« Reply #19611 on: 24/07/2014 10:23:06 »
Hi, first I want to confess to this forum. As around several months back, I intimated to this forum that, I was cured from POIS. Factually, I got only few hint during that time for curing of POIS and due to the intention others to try my method, I intentionally posted that I am cured. Factually, I was not cured during that time. I sincerely apologies for my wrong information provided to this forum and for this wrong information provided to this forum, I get punishment from God and the punishment which is as below. 
In our country, people would believe in Astrology. One of my friend has gone to the Astrologer and he by his technique of astrology, told to my friend that I am gay. (I think the astrologer by this technique, understand that there is some problem sexually and took a wrong conclusion that I am a gay.).  My friend who has very faith in that astrologer believed that I am a gay and he started to spread this message to all people without any medical examination and people started to check me thinking that I am a gay and news spread to anyone. Even though I explained this POIS, its symptoms to few people, it seems they not believed this and they are thinking downfall after organism for several days as a Gay which is very unfortunate to me. Finally, I showed my genital to my friend to prove I am not that. It seems, still he has not trusted me even though I showed him the genital which is very unfortunate and presently I am in a position to leave my city due to spreading of bad news on me.   
Good news is I found few technique to found relief from POIS and found success in April and May. However, due to the above problem, I am not in a position to fully implement that technique and I hoping I would found a cure from this and my fight for POIS would not stop and only after founding of complete cure from the problem, I would post to this forum. 

Offline nathan123

• View Profile
« Reply #19612 on: 24/07/2014 19:13:18 »
Hello friends,
I decided to suicide myself as I am not able to tolerate the life. This is my death note. If I provide my death note to people in my city, no body would believe what I am saying. Thatís why I am providing my death note to this forum, so that atleast you guys would trust what I a a m saying and there would be a peace to my soul. Reason for sucide is as below
As posted in my previous post, people in my city are though that I am gay and they are spreading the message to all the people in the city. Further, my parents, my friends, my boss, my colleagues are under the assumption that I am Gay. With add to this, from the past several years, I am helping others too much and I am taking extra care of so many people and I am soft corner to all the people. Why I am doing this, for each help / each extra care / each soft care taking to others, I am praying with my god is that god please cure my POIS and see how I am helping to others. But people around me incluing my parents, my boss, my friends, thought that I am a gay and due to this, I am helping so much to others. But factually, as explained above, I am helping other because, I want to show god that how I am helping everyone and also with intention of my future business plant.  Due to this my too much helping nature along with POIS symptoms, people misunderstand me and they thought that I am a gay. Initially, I have around 500 people who had trusted me. But as of now, I not had even a single person who will trust me.  I not done even  a single mistake / harm to others and not seen any of them sexually except for one girl I loved her and later as she rejected had a quarrel with her and told many lies in this area and also I not taken care my parents and neglected them. Apart from this, I have not done a single mistake / error / bad behaviour in past 6 years of life. 
However, I confess that in my childhood, i.e. around 10 years back, I have done few mistakes in my life and I realized those mistakes and I never did such a mistake. As explained in my previous post, my astrologer has identified my childhood bad behaviour and he believed that I carrying that behaviour now also and spreaded bad message to my family. He not understand how I changed from 2005 and doing only good things in life and not at all scold any one even if they do any wrong thing, how helpful to others in teaching, giving jobs, giving money, solving problems without any much expectation except praying god for my care and also my future business help.
But, to all the people to whom I had helped, not understanding me.  Thatís why I came to a conclusion that people like me i.e. very sincere, honest, good, too much caring person is not possible to live in this commercial life, as people had different thing in thier mind and even thgough I had done good work with the intention, would not understand. Thatsís why I am realized that I am become too much honest and it is not possible to live in this world and also not possible to facIe POIS.  After my POIS cure, I had a dream of helping orphans. But now, I am leaving my life without achieving my objective i.e. to help orphans and unfortunately, now I am dying as a orphan even though I had so much of friends, parents etc and it is not of any oneís mistake. I also acknowledge my friends reaction to my behaviour as they are normaly commercial people and not abnormal like me where I helped too much to all that one no body would do in this era. So, I felt, my fate is not good and due to this, I am leaving my life at this young age of 26 and my death day is tomorrow late night i.e. between 25th and 26th morning or 26th afternoon. 
Further, people, due you know how I am going to die, I would take the tablets which I had experimented on body to cure my POIS and this time I would take bundled of tablets to die. 100% I know that I would go directly only to heaven as I have done so much of help to others. However, people in my city would believe that I would go directly to helll as they completely mis-understood me and god only knows  my behaviour and what I am and why I am helping so much to others and because of my honest behaviour he is calling very early in my life
Further, while writing this and also while taking the tablets, I would be extremely happy and not at all sad as I am going to add and further I am satisfying so many peopleís wish as they want me to die.  If I give this death note to my people, no body would trut, thatís why I am giving this note to this forum, so that atleast you would trust. I am humbly requesting you to pray for my soul to go directly to god and also, please pass this message to poiscenter.com.
Unfortunately, I am leaving you people in the middle of the POIS research, sorry for the same as I promised so many people that I would be a part of the POIS cure team and I pray god to excuse for this mistake of me.

Thanking you,

Nathan

Offline Thapelo

• View Profile
« Reply #19613 on: 24/07/2014 19:14:31 »
Hello, also an update from my side

I am taking anti depressvium at the moment, just to try it.
It is a low dosage, and i have to admit, that it helps a lot. My mental condition is far better now, i got a reduced down feeling moment the 2 days after ejaculation. But, i still got the problem i am not able to talk the next day, i have trouble remembering things, dizziness, and unexpected anger and anxiety.
I had these symptoms before taking the medicine, but wauw, it is in such a lower level.

Please share your experiences so we can make a progress.

Kind regards

Offline nathan123

• View Profile
« Reply #19614 on: 24/07/2014 19:15:34 »
I forgot add one thing in my last post, tomorrow one day, I would watch and read, life after death videos with full happiness.  Bye. Bye. to all

Offline Thapelo

• View Profile
« Reply #19615 on: 24/07/2014 19:25:38 »
Nathan

i want you to read your inbox

Offline vik1379

• View Profile
« Reply #19616 on: 24/07/2014 21:22:57 »
I forgot add one thing in my last post, tomorrow one day, I would watch and read, life after death videos with full happiness.  Bye. Bye. to all
Nathan, my friend, life is biutiful!
Please, find the power to be with us!
Better time is near!

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19617 on: 24/07/2014 23:57:07 »
<former Moderator visiting periodically>

Why bye bye, nathan??

We don't want u 2 go!!

Demo

« Last Edit: 25/07/2014 00:00:38 by demografx »

Offline desperate man

• View Profile
« Reply #19618 on: 26/07/2014 23:19:20 »
Check this out guys: http://ghr.nlm.nih.gov/condition/dopamine-beta-hydroxylase-deficiency

DBH deficiency. One of the symptom is Retrograde Ejaculation. That's not all. It also explains my hypoglycemia and ADHD, low dopamine, droopy left eye, constant stuffy nose and muscle weakness.

Strange thing is that they state the symptoms start occuring in infancy. It doesn't make sence. Haven't found anything else that could match so much of my POIS symptoms as well as other POIS sufferers' symptoms.  :-\

Edit: I just read Nathan's post. Can somebody give us an update? Does anybody know him personally? Nathan please read about DBH deficiency and I also wanted you to read about Fructose Malabsorbtion.

Second edit: Thank B_Jim for reminding me about the sugar theory. Wanted to put together a huge PDF for this, but the research is far from done and considering cases like Nathan's I think it's best to share what's available so far. Just like DBH deficiency sharing very familiar symptoms of POIS it seems that Fructose Malabsorbtion comes as a close second. I might as well be hanged for a sheep as a lamb because we are not talking about the "ordinary" FM, but the very rare form appearing in infancy called Inherited Fructose Intolerance.

This is a very rare and serious condition shutting down the kidneys, destroying liver cells etc. and is often fatal, BUT not all the time! I have found a scientific journal of a female patient who was over the age of 50 when got diagnosed with this so there is hope. The reason for this theory is the following:

I share symptoms of Lyme disease, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, diabetes you name it! I have yet to meet somebody that has a reaction to a sugar alcohol called SORBITOL.
It's in your sugar free gum, it's in your fruits and certain vegetables it's in your TOOTHPASTE and your semen (semen has fructose as well).
For years I would just do my routine of brushing my teeth and each time I brush my teeth it takes less than 2 minutes to start feeling shaky and experience severe burning in my stomach.
This burning cannot be alleviated by anything other than eating something.
When deciding to neglect this sensation it will lead to full blown hypoglycemia besides the burning in my stomach like if I drank acid.
My wife decided to buy me an all organic toothpaste just to find out it will cause the same reaction in me.
Because of this I tried to avoid brushing my teeth for a very long time and yes, my teeth are not pretty. Like I said, I yet to find somebody sharing the same symptoms as I do.

Over a year ago I decided to give Sublingual B12-s a shot and they did give me an energy for a few minutes when I started to exercise I became very fatigued and hypoglycemic, hungry.
One of my good friend (naturopath) suggested that it could be the sorbitol. I've put it down to "having Lyme Disease that causes POIS and all kinds of crazy symptoms".

It was lately when I looked into sorbitol again after brushing my teeth followed by a set of crying in the corner of the bathroom asking why me. You can be allergic to sorbitol or at least have an intolerance to it, but it didn't explain the rest of my issues.

Cherries, honeydew melon, watermelon, apples, bananas. These were my main diet the past few weeks along with chicken and rice (which I don't react to). The cherries and apples caused me the exact burning sensation in my stomach as did the sorbitol containing supplement and toothpaste. Still didn't make sence, because the organic toothpaste had Xylitol in it.
That's when the lightbulb went off and I found out about IFI (Inherited Fructose Intolerance) which includes sugar, sorbitol, mannitol, xylitol etc.

The reason why I write these long posts is that maybe someone might see him/herself matching these symptoms and could finally find someone suffering with the exact issues of POIS.
IFI causes Ejaculation Retrograde.

SOLUTION: Follow this diet and avoid everything that doesn't have two double green smileys next to them: http://www.food-intolerance-network.com/food-intolerances/fructose-intolerance/fructose-table-in-alphabetical-order.html

Do NOT use any substitutes with sugar alcohol like sorbitol, mannitol, stevia, xylitol etc. !!!

Do this for a week and report back to me of your overall health and symptoms of POIS (and if you can please give your body a break and try to abstain from ejaculation to approve this theory).

Thanks!

« Last Edit: 27/07/2014 00:03:53 by desperate man »

Offline prism

• View Profile
« Reply #19619 on: 27/07/2014 12:02:59 »
I decided to suicide myself as I am not able to tolerate the life. This is my death note.

What a bad idea.

« Last Edit: 27/07/2014 12:30:39 by prism »

Offline PmbPhy

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19620 on: 27/07/2014 14:38:37 »
Nathan - Take it from someone who has attempted to kill himself many times that this is not a good idea. I live with chronic pain. During the period when no doctor would give me pain medication due to their cowardice regarding fear of doing something wrong prescribing and get into trouble with the law, they won't prescribe narcotics. So I had to suffer horrible unbearable pain for close to a decade. It messed up my mind severely. The pain was so horrible it was like my body was torturing me horribly. So I know what it's like to want to die and I had a very good reason to want to kill myself. Unbearable suffering is one of the recognized ethical reasons to commit suicide. My mind was so messed up from the pain that it kept twisting my mind into having horrible thoughts. Some of those thoughts ended up in an e-mail and for 30 seconds of insane thinking I said something scary to someone. It was taken very seriously and I ended up in jail for almost 3 months waiting to go to court. And the pain was even worst than ever there. I was quite literally being tortured by my pain and no ability to seek help. The jail people could care less how much pain the people in jail are in. It was horrible!!!!  I never knew that they could allow prisoners to suffer like that. When I went before the DA and the judge everyone understood that it happened because I was suffering too much to deal with. I was put on probation for two years and then my record will be wiped clean. It helped because I had no criminal record in the first place.

That was what happened one time when I had suicidal thoughts. Other times had other severe problems. It's not as easy to kill yourself as you might think. All times failed and I ended up merely suffering more and more.

The good news is that I finally found a wonderful doctor and am now on pain medication that takes care of the pain sufficiently. I am now living life again and actually enjoying it! :)

If I were you I'd sit down with that jerkoff who started spreading that rumor and say something like this;

Nathan: Just who do you think you are? What ever gave you the impression that you had the right or the correct information to spread rumors about me? Are you so ignorant that you're completely unable to comprehend what severe damage you can do to a person's like when you start horrible rumors like that? It doesn't matter whether it's true or not. I don't want you to walk away from our talk today thinking that its okay to tell everyone who is and who isn't gay. I'll tell you again right now - I'm NOT gay.  Your horrible actions have caused severe problems in my life, to the point where I can't enjoy life anymore. What's the sense of living when so many people are harassing me because of the false rumor that you started about me? What motivated you to do something so horrible? Exactly how did you benefit by spreading this rumor? Is it because you wanted to be the first person to set loose the gossip and therefore get credit for it later on when you and your friends are sitting around getting drunk and laughing at my horrible fortune? I've said it before and I'll say it one last time, after which I want nothing to do with you. Never contact me again after this, ever! Now cut the crap and stop spreading this lie!!

You need to stand up for yourself. If you can't say it to their face then e-mail it to them or send them a letter, please! Before something horrible happens to you like it did to me.
« Last Edit: 27/07/2014 20:58:25 by demografx »

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19621 on: 27/07/2014 20:56:03 »
<Former Moderator visiting periodically>

Hello friends,
I decided to suicide myself as I am not able to tolerate the life. This is my death note. If I provide my death note to people in my city, no body would believe what I am saying. Thatís why I am providing my death note to this forum, so that atleast you guys would trust what I a a m saying and there would be a peace to my soul. Reason for sucide is as below
As posted in my previous post, people in my city are though that I am gay and they are spreading the message to all the people in the city. Further, my parents, my friends, my boss, my colleagues are under the assumption that I am Gay. With add to this, from the past several years, I am helping others too much and I am taking extra care of so many people and I am soft corner to all the people. Why I am doing this, for each help / each extra care / each soft care taking to others, I am praying with my god is that god please cure my POIS and see how I am helping to others. But people around me incluing my parents, my boss, my friends, thought that I am a gay and due to this, I am helping so much to others. But factually, as explained above, I am helping other because, I want to show god that how I am helping everyone and also with intention of my future business plant.  Due to this my too much helping nature along with POIS symptoms, people misunderstand me and they thought that I am a gay. Initially, I have around 500 people who had trusted me. But as of now, I not had even a single person who will trust me.  I not done even  a single mistake / harm to others and not seen any of them sexually except for one girl I loved her and later as she rejected had a quarrel with her and told many lies in this area and also I not taken care my parents and neglected them. Apart from this, I have not done a single mistake / error / bad behaviour in past 6 years of life. 
However, I confess that in my childhood, i.e. around 10 years back, I have done few mistakes in my life and I realized those mistakes and I never did such a mistake. As explained in my previous post, my astrologer has identified my childhood bad behaviour and he believed that I carrying that behaviour now also and spreaded bad message to my family. He not understand how I changed from 2005 and doing only good things in life and not at all scold any one even if they do any wrong thing, how helpful to others in teaching, giving jobs, giving money, solving problems without any much expectation except praying god for my care and also my future business help.
But, to all the people to whom I had helped, not understanding me.  Thatís why I came to a conclusion that people like me i.e. very sincere, honest, good, too much caring person is not possible to live in this commercial life, as people had different thing in thier mind and even thgough I had done good work with the intention, would not understand. Thatsís why I am realized that I am become too much honest and it is not possible to live in this world and also not possible to facIe POIS.  After my POIS cure, I had a dream of helping orphans. But now, I am leaving my life without achieving my objective i.e. to help orphans and unfortunately, now I am dying as a orphan even though I had so much of friends, parents etc and it is not of any oneís mistake. I also acknowledge my friends reaction to my behaviour as they are normaly commercial people and not abnormal like me where I helped too much to all that one no body would do in this era. So, I felt, my fate is not good and due to this, I am leaving my life at this young age of 26 and my death day is tomorrow late night i.e. between 25th and 26th morning or 26th afternoon. 
Further, people, due you know how I am going to die, I would take the tablets which I had experimented on body to cure my POIS and this time I would take bundled of tablets to die. 100% I know that I would go directly only to heaven as I have done so much of help to others. However, people in my city would believe that I would go directly to helll as they completely mis-understood me and god only knows  my behaviour and what I am and why I am helping so much to others and because of my honest behaviour he is calling very early in my life
Further, while writing this and also while taking the tablets, I would be extremely happy and not at all sad as I am going to add and further I am satisfying so many peopleís wish as they want me to die.  If I give this death note to my people, no body would trut, thatís why I am giving this note to this forum, so that atleast you would trust. I am humbly requesting you to pray for my soul to go directly to god and also, please pass this message to poiscenter.com.
Unfortunately, I am leaving you people in the middle of the POIS research, sorry for the same as I promised so many people that I would be a part of the POIS cure team and I pray god to excuse for this mistake of me.

Thanking you,

Nathan

www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org/
Nathan, P L E A S E  call 1-800-273-TALK (8255) you'll be connected to a skilled, trained counselor!

OR CALL IN THE UK:
08457 90 90 90

IN INDIA:
http://www.suicide.org/hotlines/international/india-suicide-hotlines.html

We are not professionally equipped to help here!

Best,
Demo

« Last Edit: 29/07/2014 04:12:14 by demografx »

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19622 on: 28/07/2014 01:32:36 »
<Former Moderator visiting periodically>

POSTED BY "PRANCER" AT POISCENTER.COM

There's no need to end your life early Nathan. Life's short enough already! Enjoy life as much as possible and avoid or ignore those that piss you off. Only be around people you like and are comfortable with. Also, if people you know get upset because you're helping others too much, then they're what most people would refer to as: total MORONS! Who would be mad at someone who helps people!? People with room-temperature IQs, that's who.

You can consider moving to a new city if everyone is so mean to you all the time. Just don't make suicide an option because it's not worth it. Enjoy living life, make new friends and have a good time!

Prancer

« Last Edit: 28/07/2014 01:36:59 by demografx »

Offline Nightingale

• View Profile
« Reply #19623 on: 28/07/2014 04:23:00 »
Where I come from, some people believe in astrology. Some seriously. I am not one of them, so I cannot talk to you Nathan as someone who understands it.

But I will tell you I live in a place where people aren't ashamed of being gay, or often have awkward but usually funny conversations with people who thought someone was gay but were mistaken! I have friends who are gay, and they all are accepted by MANY people, and MANY people think they are COURAGEOUS people for being openly gay!

I actually recently had a neighbor not far up the street from me speak to my roommate about me. My roommate is a man, and I rent from him, and most of the time people just see our cars in the driveway. My roommate has a girlfriend who lives 2 hours away by car, and she rarely stays at our home but instead my roommate travels to her. So naturally our neighbor was curious, and asked if I were my roommate's "partner"! It was a pure, innocent question, and my roommate got a little embarrassed, but he explained the situation and he and the neighbor had a good laugh! I did too, when my roommate told me the story! People are changing, and they recognize that not everyone is heterosexual, and our neighbor was one of the brave ones to try and invite us to tell them we were gay if we were. We are not, but I am proud of my neighbor for not stigmatizing being gay!

It's a shame people still think of people as "a gay", like they are something so different, like "a black", "a white". I believe, and with good evidence and reason, that being gay is NOT A CHOICE, and that it is something you are not responsible. I did not choose to be straight! Life made me that way. Life made a few of my friends gay, they don't have a choice in this! So there is no way to feel guilty or shameful, there is no way to be different, and NO REASON TO!

So, if you, or anyone else here are being harassed for being gay, KNOW WHAT YOU BELIEVE YOURSELF TO BE AND BE PROUD OF IT. YOU WERE BORN THAT WAY!

Nathan, I really do hope you are reading this. I've lost friends before this way, and seen friends saved from an ending like this. You, and anyone else reading this, I AM PROUD TO BE ASSOCIATED WITH ALL YOU BRAVE MEN WHO ARE FIGHTING THIS ILLNESS, STRAIGHT OR GAY, WHITE TO BLACK, CRAZY OR CALM! I TAKE SOLACE KNOWING I AM NOT ALONE IN MY PAIN, AND KNOW I SUPPORT YOU ALL!

Offline romies

• View Profile
« Reply #19624 on: 29/07/2014 04:32:09 »
Nightingale,

Good to see you back. I read your article on dopamine and I admire your guts in undertaking electroconvulsive therapy. I am glad that it is working for you.

I remember that you have MAOA R279R (+) http://snpedia.com/index.php/Rs6323 [nofollow]
Usually this variant causes dopamine level too high, and results in psychosis.
Also this variant make it very hard for you to tolerate 5htp supplement, because you may quickly go from deficiency to excess on serotonin.

There is a medicine that directly correct this problem for some people: http://www.respena.com/respen-A/respenAclinical.pdf [nofollow]
that increase MAOA activity specifically.

Antipsychotic medicines typically just block dopamine D2 receptors in the brain without actually lowering the dopamine levels.

I also recommend running this report on your 23andme results: http://www.snpedia.com/index.php/Promethease [nofollow]

It has lots of information on what medicine may or may not work for you due to your genetic make up. For example, my dad was able to switch to a more effective medicine for his bipolar disorder, after we found his genetics does not properly transport several SSRI over the brain-blood barrier, including the med he has been taking for years. Now he can take a much lower dose on a more effective med.

Also, this diagram may be helpful to you to see what neurotransmitter you are deficient: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:NorepinephrineDopamineSerotonin.png [nofollow]

Romie S
« Last Edit: 29/07/2014 04:58:26 by romies »

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #19624 on: 29/07/2014 04:32:09 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums