The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome (POIS)  (Read 6430359 times)

Offline desperate man

• View Profile
Re: Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome (POIS)
« Reply #19725 on: 09/10/2014 19:23:07 »
I understand our symptoms mimic elevated acetylcholine levels and I also understand that dopamine and acetylcholine have an inverse relationship. However I was wondering if any of you have tried supplementing with choline? Especially citicholine?
I'm heavily thinking of giving it a go since I lost all my mathematical skills from SSRI use, then developed POIS.

Please let me know if you tried it and had positive or adverse raction to it! Thanks!

Offline Bulbo

• View Profile
« Reply #19726 on: 10/10/2014 16:09:27 »
hello everyone.
    has anyone tried resveratrol ? One member has very good results with resveratrol. i have not tried it. i am going to try it . tomorrow i may buy it. in the past in this forum some users reported success with blueberry juices, etc. blueberry juice contains resveratrol. i think it is worth to try resveratrol.
I am trying resveratrol now. 200mg / day. Its too early to report anything as I've only been on it less than a week, but so far this week has been pretty good for me, but then I have recently started a few other supps too like Mucuna Dopa and Sulbutiamine. Last year I took the herb Japanese Knotweed and my pois was  improved over that period, but I was still feeling pretty lousy. What is complicating things for me is that I have been diagnosed with Lyme disease. I was taking the Japanese Knotweed for this. it is very high in resveratrol. It sis supposed to be improve blood flow and be anti-microbial and anti-inflammatory. I am trialling resveratrol for the moment to see if I still get the same effect for less $.

I had reported in a past post that blue berries had helped to alleviate the impact of pois somewhat for me. They were no cure by any means but just helped with cognition + libidio bounce back + energy. For many years the effect seemed to have disappeared but when I switch to organic blueberries a few years back I noticed feeling better after eating them again, but not to the extent I did when I was younger. The brand of Japanese Knotweed tincture I used was from beneficialbotanicals, if you feel the resveratrol is helping a little and want to see if maybe JK might be better still.

Hello acronym.
How are feeling on resveratrol. I feel much better on resveratrol and multivitamin. I hv been using it for 12 days . I take 100 mg once a day. I am planning to divide it into 2 doses administered 12 hrly. I dont know whether dividing doses is advisable. I will do some trail and report. my pois used to last for 1 day. Now after an NE, pois last for 10 hrs. I still feel tired during pois. I hvnt checked after an orgasm. Its because i am having university exams and i am afraid to check orgasm now.
      I hv never checked my testosterone levels because i dont have a good hospital in my place. In the past the only drug which lifts brain fog not due to pois was testosterone if and only if used at very small transdermal dose once in 2 days. If i use testosterone more frequently and in large doses i get severe brain fog. Now resveratrol is absolutely helping me with brain fog not due to pois. I dont use use testosterone anymore. At the first when i used resveratrol along with testosterone, i got severe brain fog. After stopping testosterone i realized that resveratrol is very good. If using resveratrol alone cleared brain fog but i felt tired. So i drink black tea every 5 hrs. Coffee didnt work for me. This regimen helps me think very well and feel energetic. I dont know whether it will work for everyone. But its worth trying
 If anyone else has used resveratrol please share your experiences
 I feel grateful to the person who mentioned resveratrol to me.
« Last Edit: 10/10/2014 16:13:34 by Bulbo »

Offline kurtosis

• View Profile
« Reply #19727 on: 10/10/2014 18:15:12 »
Hello everyone!

Here is what cures my POIS in 1-2 days:

I noticed that whenever I eat a few beef wraps with jalapeņo peppers (either fresh or pickled), my brain fog reduces more rapidly. It has worked for me every time.

I noticed this about last year that whenever I ate the Subway steak & cheese with "lots" (7-12 slices) of jalapeņo and banana peppers and some veggies on it, my POIS would go away in a day or two. Taking a nap after few hours helps a lot too. So I decided to see if it has to do anything with beef and jalapeņo, and I tested it with just beef and jalapeņo wraps. It has worked in the same way.

Jalapeņo seems to increase blood flow in brain... and beef has lots of... anyways, give it a try and let me know if it works for you too.

So far my ultimate remedy is: 3 wraps/meal & 3 meals/day & (1 or 2 naps/day) & do it for 2 days. (avoid sugar!)

Mer - I'd say its less the beef or the wraps and more to do with the jalapeņo peppers. Why don't you try out a bottle of Blair's Jersey Death (cayenne pepper sauce). Okay, that stuff is extreme, but maybe try some extra hot chilli pepper sauce. Supposedly cayenne which is probably not that different from jalapeņo pepper, reduces Substance P, a known inflammation agent. I thought it was also supposed to boost GH and some other immunity markers too and increase endorphins. There was a fairly well known CFS/chronic health doctor who recommended very hot cayenne pepper, and I remember reading a story of a guy who tried the cayenne pepper therapy (plus with one other supplement that I cant remember) who claimed to cure himself of CFS after being sick for quite a number of years.

I tried it for a while a number of years back in the morning then a cold shower to kick start me out of pois hangover and it helped with cognition and energy a bit but it was no sure shot pois cure for me. I used to mix 3 drops in a glass of water. It was tough going when you are dealing with stuff that's a friggin million scoville heat units when a regular supermarket pepper is like 300. Your mouth is burning but its gets the blood pumping and you jumping.  (you have to be careful with the super hot stuff) I ended up dropping it as my health went down hill a bunch of months afterwards but I was on other treatment from my CFS/lyme doctor so I am not saying it was the cayenne pepper.

Also I don't know what the policy here is on mentioning specific brand names, but want to mention another product that might help some people deal with energy depletion from pois. Its a pre workout supplement - Mesomorph Ver.2. Another one I like is Black Bombs.  I first came upon these when checking out gym supplements. They certainly help power me gym routine after work, but they can substitute for energy drinks such as red bull which some here might take to get through the afternoons on the first couple of pois days (much better imo)
There are some excellent studies on tumeric, quercetin, resveratrol and other polyphenolic compounds which reduce inflammation in the body.  One way to improve health is to move to a diet which is richer in these compounds. In my last post I gave a link where you can look up foods with a high polyphenolic content and, hopefully integrate a range of them into your diet

Offline LAPOISSE2

• View Profile
« Reply #19728 on: 10/10/2014 18:33:47 »
Hey Kurtosis, Nice to see you here ; How do you feel ? What about your SIBO ?

Offline Kingkong

• View Profile
« Reply #19729 on: 11/10/2014 01:00:00 »
Hello Demografx, on november 12th, I will finally see for the first time an endocrinologist. I waited so long to have this consultation. I don't want to fail to convince this doctor for the TRT. I'm 55 and I don't mind about the risk of infertility. Do you have some advice to give me on what I should tell him to convince him for TRT? Thank you

Offline kurtosis

• View Profile
« Reply #19730 on: 11/10/2014 10:24:20 »
Hey Kurtosis, Nice to see you here ; How do you feel ? What about your SIBO ?
I'm really good. SIBO appears under control, energy levels are good and my brain is not foggy :)
I got a few messages so came back to see what was happening.

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19731 on: 13/10/2014 17:55:30 »
<former Moderator visiting periodically>

Hello Demografx, on november 12th, I will finally see for the first time an endocrinologist. I waited so long to have this consultation. I don't want to fail to convince this doctor for the TRT. I'm 55 and I don't mind about the risk of infertility. Do you have some advice to give me on what I should tell him to convince him for TRT? Thank you

I posted a very lengthy reply, but it wouldn't go through for some reason.

Too many URL's? I'm guessing.

But I sent it as a Private Message to you. A message popped up that it was sent successfully. So check your in-box of Messages.

Best wishes!
Demo

ps - feel free to tell him that it's worked for me for the last 5 years -- and also worked for a few other forum members.

Offline acronym

• View Profile
« Reply #19732 on: 14/10/2014 04:24:30 »
<former Moderator visiting periodically>

I posted a very lengthy reply, but it wouldn't go through for some reason.

Too many URL's? I'm guessing.
ps - feel free to tell him that it's worked for me for the last 5 years -- and also worked for a few other forum members.

KingKong
For any guy going to see an endo or an anti-aging clinic doc, I would definitely pitch the fact that some of the people with pois have had full recovery or improvement with pois from taking TRT. Finding a solution to pois is a huge deal for us who suffer and that needs to be conveyed that you are more than just some guy who's read about it in a magazine and wants to jump on it. You might find a little resistance as there is concerns at the level of TRT scrips being filled these days plus there is a society attitude that testosterone = bad or its associated with abuse/vanity. Endos will consider normal 95% of the age relevant population range. So unless you are in the bottom 2.5% there is a  chance he will say you are fine, even if you are at bottom of the range. Make sure you get Free T checked and not just Total T.

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19733 on: 14/10/2014 23:50:15 »
Thanks, acronym!  :)

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19734 on: 14/10/2014 23:58:11 »
Donate 100 dollars to me someday,i am very ill and poor

gondal4, we already all poured in $35,000+ to cure POIS! You are part of the beneficiary of that process!
Best,
Demo

Offline Kingkong

• View Profile
« Reply #19735 on: 15/10/2014 01:22:06 »
Hello Demograx and acronym, thank you to both of you for your good advices. Demografx, I receive your email in my in-box of message.   I will keep everybody informed after my consultation. Thank you. Merci beaucoup!

Offline MrVat7

• View Profile
« Reply #19736 on: 15/10/2014 04:23:08 »
i am meeting neurologist on 14 november..any questions to ask??

Offline GDRTW

• View Profile
« Reply #19737 on: 18/10/2014 10:16:04 »
Has anybody talked to Dr Israel Zahavi about his treatment yet?

Offline vik1379

• View Profile
« Reply #19738 on: 19/10/2014 22:19:06 »
Is there anyone on the forum who have the syndrome began between the ages of 25 and 35 years old? Age, when there is no goromnalnaya restructuring.

Offline benvil

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #19739 on: 20/10/2014 01:47:41 »
Hey, I would like to ask if any of you have done a hair elemental test( newbielink:http://home.earthlink.net/~moriam/HOW_TO_hair_test.html [nonactive]) and what it showed for you? Because apparently I meet all the counting rules for mercury poisoning(information about that in the link) and I'd like to see any of you have done this test?

Offline vik1379

• View Profile
« Reply #19740 on: 20/10/2014 06:47:35 »
Please keep posting your symptoms in the google spreadsheet, its a good start.

newbielink:https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aj7uLiV51rQbdDhFWlZ2NkpHNEExYVlka2MtTmYtRUE&usp=sharing [nonactive]
Hi!
Last winter you created file and asked to write where simptoms.
I wrote my simptoms and information.
I have trided find it again now but the link does not work.
Would you please send to me correct link for this file.
I am interested in one point - the age when pois was start - does someome one have start of pois between 20 and 35 year old?
May be the problem is in hormonal restruction - every man go thru it in two ages 14-17 and after 40.
What is why I am interested in this information.
Thank you!

Offline LupeNL

• View Profile
« Reply #19741 on: 20/10/2014 09:16:59 »
Hey, I would like to ask if any of you have done a hair elemental test( newbielink:http://home.earthlink.net/~moriam/HOW_TO_hair_test.html [nonactive]) and what it showed for you? Because apparently I meet all the counting rules for mercury poisoning(information about that in the link) and I'd like to see any of you have done this test?

Few people here did a hair test and following nutritional balancing program, not specifically for mercury but to correct mineral imbalance of copper and zinc. Most of them had significant progress but not cured totally.

However most of the forum believe that hair tests are a quackery. The same with mercury poisoning.

I'm still convinced that POIS is a result of mercury retention in the tissues. I wrote a few posts about it starting on page 783.   

Offline benvil

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #19742 on: 20/10/2014 11:53:55 »

Few people here did a hair test and following nutritional balancing program, not specifically for mercury but to correct mineral imbalance of copper and zinc. Most of them had significant progress but not cured totally.

However most of the forum believe that hair tests are a quackery. The same with mercury poisoning.

I'm still convinced that POIS is a result of mercury retention in the tissues. I wrote a few posts about it starting on page 783.

Alright, do you remember their results roughly? Did they have lots differing?

Have you had a hair test yourself? Why do they think hair test and mercury poisoning is quackery?

I actually searched mercury and found a few of your posts so I PM:d you :)

Offline LupeNL

• View Profile
« Reply #19743 on: 22/10/2014 22:00:55 »

Alright, do you remember their results roughly? Did they have lots differing?

Have you had a hair test yourself? Why do they think hair test and mercury poisoning is quackery?

I actually searched mercury and found a few of your posts so I PM:d you :)

I only saw a hair test of one other person on this forum. It was quite similar to mine: very low mercury, low copper, high zinc to copper ratio, high calcium to magnesium ratio, raised aluminum.Those are quite common for mercury poisoned people on frequent dose chelation forum, besides copper which is usually high.

I'm doing a retest every 6 months and it matches the progress/regress in my symptoms. I PM'ed you also.

Hair tests and chronic mercury poisoning are not really acknowledged by conventional western medicine, therefore on this forum also.

Main arguments:
"I took zinc and I don't see any difference"
Correcting mineral imbalance takes time, sometimes very long time and difference can be noticed after months of careful protocol. It's good for you cause if mineral balance could quickly change then lot of people would die from mineral deficiency.

When mercury enters the system it disrupts all minerals, as it's second most toxic element in the world. Essential minerals have much less power.

"I have low mercury in hair and urine so I can't be poisoned"
Having low mercury in tests is usually a sign you have problems excreting it. Retention of mercury in tissues is what causing problems

"POIS can't be due to mercury cause it's only about orgasm"
Not true as many people on the forum have digestive problems , insomnia and multiple other symptoms.

"Most people have amalgams in teeth and get vaccines so everyone should be sick"
Degree of damage is affected by different factors (other heavy metals, diet, lifestyle) but main culprit is mercury. We live in era of brain diseases with highest rates of autism and alzheimer's. These diseases didn't exist before introducing thiomersal to vaccines and mercury amalgams in dentistry. POIS and chronic fatigue are quite new diseases being a result of mercury rising in environment and humans.

Offline desperate man

• View Profile
« Reply #19744 on: 23/10/2014 17:34:04 »
When I did my hair mineral analysis test the results came back worse than those with Lyme disease or severly autistic children. Probably the worst the naturopath saw. POIS is BAD.  [:(!]
Talking about Zinc... I tried it, but of course not for long enough. Maybe for a week is the longest I've gone since I didn't wanted to risk copper deficiency and serious heart conditions associated with it. I used Zinc Chelate, but wondered if there's a better form? I might give it another go, let's say a month.

PS. You should take B6 with Zinc.
« Last Edit: 23/10/2014 17:39:00 by desperate man »

Offline Kima

• View Profile
« Reply #19745 on: 23/10/2014 18:23:21 »
Who knows when to start medical research? How many more have to wait?

Offline desperate man

• View Profile
« Reply #19746 on: 24/10/2014 01:56:32 »
Who knows when to start medical research? How many more have to wait?

Forgot to mention that I will have some tests done in the upcoming months (hopefully) which are as extensive as it gets. I've been waiting for this since 4-5 years now. Everything from thyroid, adrenals, celiac, neurotransmitters, vitamin from blood, pancreatic/gallbladder function - you name it. I'll be working with a naturopathic doctor who treated POIS patients in the past. All my results will be posted here.

On a side note... things are pretty bad between me and my wife. Since I attempted to build muscle & muscle mass in the past 6 years now (I've studied the effects of nutrition, exercise etc.) and I couldn't achieve anything. I feel that I'm not stupid to reach such goal, since you and me study and research after our biochemical imbalances throughoutly, while a guy with a golf ball size of a brain can go to the gym and achieve something significant in less than a year. Anyway my wife started to become flirty with one of our co-workers. His a nice guy, but not really attractive - but the main thing is he's hitting the gym and working out. This turns my wife on and I had to listen to about how he is working out and how I should go and join the gym too. I told her "sure, as soon as a doctor fixes me and I don't end up bedridden for 3-4 days from a single hour exercise I'll be more than happy to." I just don't like the way it goes... I think she is planning to cheat on me for reasons I mentioned and I didn't mention with you guys. And I honestly cannot blame her. We are human beings and are attracted to beauty and healthy people. I cannot wait to get my blood work and the rest of the stuff done. Feel like a child on Christmas Eve. I'm praying there won't be any affairs meanwhile, because it would drive me into suicide. I'm so weak and cannot take much more. I wish you guys would start feeling better both mentally and physically! 

Offline gondal4

• View Profile
« Reply #19747 on: 24/10/2014 09:52:24 »
Desperate man,i too decided to commit suicide ,Severe pain in every part of body,as i told before werner syndrome,it will get pretty bad from here and im in severe pain mentally and physicaally,just finding right in 2,3 year to commit suicide.

Offline LupeNL

• View Profile
« Reply #19748 on: 24/10/2014 12:25:13 »
When I did my hair mineral analysis test the results came back worse than those with Lyme disease or severly autistic children. Probably the worst the naturopath saw. POIS is BAD.  [:(!]
Talking about Zinc... I tried it, but of course not for long enough. Maybe for a week is the longest I've gone since I didn't wanted to risk copper deficiency and serious heart conditions associated with it. I used Zinc Chelate, but wondered if there's a better form? I might give it another go, let's say a month.

PS. You should take B6 with Zinc.

It's not what I meant. Taking zinc for a month won't hurt but you probably won't see any difference. You need a full protocol of minerals and vitamins, especially if your hair test looked bad. If you have a lot of mercury or other heavy metals you will also have to look into chelation. It's a long-term approach  - few years ahead. In the meantime by trail and error you can figure out what diet and minerals help for POIS symptoms. For me is combination of niacin, zinc and copper.

Since I attempted to build muscle & muscle mass in the past 6 years now...

I was also very heavy into bodybuilding. I was skinny all my life so wanted to put on muscle. I became a gym freak but with very little results. At one time, I was eating more and more but getting more and more skinny due to malabsorption issues. Your lack of results in the gym plus depression and suicidal thoughts scream digestive issues to me. These go hand in hand with POIS. I strongly suggest avoiding any sugar, grains, gluten or milk. Gut is very often affected by mercury as a major detox pathway.

Offline B_Daniel

• View Profile
« Reply #19749 on: 24/10/2014 18:28:05 »
I was also very heavy into bodybuilding. I was skinny all my life so wanted to put on muscle. I became a gym freak but with very little results. At one time, I was eating more and more but getting more and more skinny due to malabsorption issues. Your lack of results in the gym plus depression and suicidal thoughts scream digestive issues to me. These go hand in hand with POIS. I strongly suggest avoiding any sugar, grains, gluten or milk. Gut is very often affected by mercury as a major detox pathway. 

I completely agree with LupeNL.  If you can't control your weight/ can't build muscle, the problem is almost always gut related.  I went through this myself, for years not being able to gain at all.  At times I looked sickly I've been so thin.  FINALLY, 3 months ago i got my gut issues sorted out.  I was diagnosed with H Pylori which I got rid of.  Then I started keeping a food diary to sort out what upset my stomach.  I cut out all the things which gave me issues, which include processed foods, dairy, wheat, beans, and i'm still iffy on nuts.  I've gained 10 pounds of muscle since then and continue to put on more   

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #19749 on: 24/10/2014 18:28:05 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums