The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome (POIS)  (Read 6461837 times)

Offline Limejuice

• View Profile
Re: Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome (POIS)
« Reply #19800 on: 24/02/2015 06:55:43 »
Kn, here's another community of pois suffers that are more active - http://www.poiscenter.com/forums/index.php

Offline ozmoses

• View Profile
« Reply #19801 on: 27/02/2015 06:03:31 »
How many of you have low testosterone levels? Ignore the conventional reference ranges, and check your levels against what is considered normal for your age. 
Check out this link. http://www.artofmanliness.com/2013/01/16/normal-testosterone-levels/ [nofollow]

I'm curious to know if most or all of you have total testosterone level of 400 or lower. 

Offline duke0knight

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #19802 on: 10/03/2015 08:14:46 »
POIS NATURAL HEALING:
I was lucky that I suffered from Post Orgasm Illness Syndrome for only 6 months until I found a natural way to heal myself on my own. I have searched everywhere online and have heard that POIS is not curable at the moment and that the only solution so far is to inject people with their own semen because doctors think that we are allergic to our own semen (I dont think that is the case or at least not in my case).

I AM NOT A DOCTOR so please do not rely on my advice 100%. Many of my statements probably arent 100% accurate but roughly I think they are correct and they did cure me from POIS. I have only been POIS free for the past 20 days (but I had orgasm every night and worked in my office 6 days a week, 11 hours a day - pretty tough on a body and yet NO POIS SYMPTOMS) so Im still not 100% sure that all of these things that Im naming here below work but I just really want to hurry and not wait longer and help people out there who still suffer. In case I do discover some more relevant knowledge about beating the POIS I will write back here or on some other blog UNDER MY BLOG NAME "DUKE0KNIGHT."

From what I have learned after trying for months to cure myself is that all my troubles originated in my stomach and my Adrenal Glands. The CURE was to REDUCE the amount of CORTISOL AND ADRENALIN in my body throughout the day and especially in the seconds immediately after my orgasm:
- too much stress raises the levels of cortisol and adrenalin
- if you are stressed all day long your levels of cortisol and adrenalin are high and your Adrenal Glands keep producing cortisol and adrenalin even during night (because they are used to producing it and just cant stop producing it that easily) so that is why many of us cant sleep well during night. I had NO IDEA that I had stress and I never believed in it. It just sound stupid to me but I learned that STRESS is very present in our lives and really damages our bodies.
- YOGA helped me a lot. I go to yoga 3 times a week. At first I didnt want to go to Yoga because its boring but after doing it 5 times I started recognizing how bad my breathing was and how stressed I actually was during the day. I believe that through correct breathing we reduce stress and therefore we REDUCE CORTISOL AND ADRENALIN which are the MAIN REASON FOR POIS. I also did Infra Red Sauna 20 times but I dont think it helped me that much.
- if you think about it the symptoms that you get after an orgasm (or at least thats  how I feel) are very similar to the body feeling after a big stressful moment in life and/or very low immunity and/or getting a flu. THIS IS WHAT helped me realize that CORTISOL AND ADRENALIN are the main reasons for my POIS. Cortisol and Adrenalin are being excreted DURING ORGASM.
- the only natural ways of reducing Cortisol and Adrenalin I could google online that worked for me were:
- Yoga
- A bunch of herbs that REDUCE Cortisol and Adrenalin and INCREASE MELATONIN (Melatonin is very important because it fights agains Cortisol and Adrenalin): HOLY BASIL LEAF, ST JOHS WORT, ASHWAGANDHA, MACA ROOT, KAVA, VALERIAN ROOT, REISHI MUSHROOM.
- make your room PITCH BLACK DARK when you sleep because that helps elevate the levels of MELATONIN. Melatonin is great and you need a lot of it to fight away Cortisol and Adrenalin. The sunlight or indoor light (bulbs, computers, cellphones, etc.) reduces Melatonin in our bodies and that is why we need to keep our bedrooms very dark (cover windows, cover door holes, and take out computers and cellphones or at least put them further away from your bed).
- try having 8-9 hours of sleep and try falling asleep BEFORE 12AM because Melatonin is being produced I think starting at 10pm so you dont want to miss those hours being awake.
- Immediately after orgasm (literally a second after you have an orgasm start doing heavy Yoga style breathing to reduce the excretion of Cortisol and Adrenalin. Try to relax your entire body by breathing and reducing the Cortisol and Adrenalin excretion. During orgasm Cortisol and Adrenalin are being excreted and that is BAD. Im not sure about this breathing thing but I think that it does help me. The thing is that the moment I realized that it is Cortisol and Adrenalin what causes my POIS I hit Cortisol and Adrenalin from all sides with multiple approaches (Yoga, herbs, sleeping on time and for 8-9 hours, breathing after orgasm, etc.) so now I dont know which one of them are actually working and which ones arent that important.

Final thing that I did was get a nutritionist to help me. Im not sure how instrumental she was but she definitely helped me with my stomach issues. Bad stomach issues can also lead to STRESS in your body and we all know now that STRESS EQUALS CORTISOL AND ADRENALIN.
After doing hair mineral test, blood micronutrient test and blood spot test (this is the list of those tests but I think you can do it through any other company that does the same thing: arlok dot com, greatplainslaboratory dot com/home/ , spectracell dot com)  she has shown me that there were multiple imbalances in my body (for example I had too much copper, aluminum and mercury, lack of zinc, etc.) and taught me how to eat well. Her website is: nourishholisticnutrition dot com but you can also go to any other legit natural healing nutritionist and Im sure they will be helpful.

I REALLY hope that some of you will be cured from POIS by following my advice.
Please, email me at duke0knight AT gmail DOT com if you have any questions and I will do my best to answer them.

Thanks,
DUKE0KNIGHT

Offline POIS-SUFFERER

• View Profile
« Reply #19803 on: 10/03/2015 17:24:11 »
Interesting as I too have bad stomach and WAY too much stress.....

When I eat and digestion kicks in I have much anxiety as the feeling of the digesting makes me very very weak... I have been trying apple cider vinegar and digestive enzymes and HCL pills and these are helping me to digest better, which helps a lot....

I have many panic attaches and I think its all related, the stress, adrenaline and cortisol.

Good post!

PS.

Offline POIS-SUFFERER

• View Profile
Niacin is an antidote to adrenaline!
« Reply #19804 on: 10/03/2015 20:51:13 »
Niacin is an antidote to adrenaline, is a VERY interesting concept.

Found here... http://www.livestrong.com/article/408424-niacin-anxiety/

Is this the key to why Niacin works, seems myself and duke0knight are figuring that out for ourselves....

Keep up the study!

PS.

Offline duke0knight

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #19805 on: 11/03/2015 07:31:46 »
Thanks for the advice! I will talk to my nutritionist about Niacin because I think she has already prescribed it to me in my next order of vitamins and herbs.

Offline Bulbo

• View Profile
« Reply #19806 on: 13/03/2015 12:47:46 »
Hello everyone
I am happy to tell u that there may be a way to cure pois and that it is not irreversible. I was always desperate to escape from pois hell. I think i may have found a solution. I was reading all the posts in NSF forum and i came across a member named Gcrisp, who developed POIS after 50 yrs when he was asked to take statins. Fortunately he was able to recover from pois after stopping statins and also after eating eggs daily  for a few months. Since i hv tried every other solutions and nothing worked, i started to eat eggs daily, i ate 2 eggs daily for a month and then i started to eat 3 eggs daily. I have been eating 3 eggs daily for 2 months 28 days. My pois was a type where i recover from tiredness within 2 days, but the pois hangover never lifts, it is always there. After eating eggs for 1 and half month my pois duration reduced to 3 days, then with each week pois duration reduced by 6 hours. Now my pois lasts for 1 day 13 hrs, i really hope as days go pois duration would get reduced even further.
I felt that i should share this information with u , becuase if i was in your place i would be desperate even for a little help.
It takes atleast a month to feel benefits of eating eggs. I dont know about the quantity of eggs to eat daily, but i feel very good by eating 3 eggs daily.
Please do read Gcrisp post on NSF forum for more details.
« Last Edit: 13/03/2015 13:24:11 by Bulbo »

Offline 4everfogged

• Cognitive,brainfog,flu-like,fatigue,exhaustion
    • View Profile
« Reply #19807 on: 13/03/2015 19:17:26 »
Hello everybody

I'm just about 2 turn 42 and been living with POIS all my life. It's been absolute hell. But I'l save you my life story, as most of you on forum know what we dealing with. In short I personally feel like I've been living a life somewhere between life and death. Living to the full is not possible and every so many years or months feeling like I'm going to fall off the edge. Been watching this site on a regular basis since mid last year when I finally discoverd the term POIS. I've noticed that on the poiscenter website things seem to get more and more technical. I hope it's a good sign.

4 just over 2mo now been on a custom testosterone gel. As well as a whole range of supplements. Within 2 days it made me feel like I was on top of the world. Never felt so good day after day. Intensity of POIS symptoms were reduced big time. Symptoms after O seemd like a joke compared to what I'm used to. Mild symptoms for a day instead of min 4 max 8 in my case. But now I think I'm starting to get dissapointed. Obviously your urge goes up with this stuff but suddenly I realise that even not having O is giving me brain fog. I'm starting to think that my POIS defect is catching up to my intake of vitamin supplements & testosterone.

In my opinion if you'v had a rough past with POIS at least we know what it must have been like in the middle ages when you have an illness. No doctors to help, not being understood, not getting any real recognition, feeling like you left in the dark with your problems.
Just  so gratefull for the few Professors that are trying to help us, but I'm sure these guys need more support with their admin etc. I just dont get it that in this "stone age" we living, that we still dont get recogntion for such a disabling illness though.

TK

Offline 4everfogged

• View Profile
« Reply #19808 on: 14/03/2015 15:11:36 »
Hello again

Not that this concerns POIS. But still interesting to have a look at. Our Professors/sexuologists sure will be interested to hear about this. A clip I just noticed on the BBC news website: First 'successful' penis transplant in South Africa

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-31885361

Take care

Offline 4everfogged

• View Profile
« Reply #19809 on: 14/03/2015 16:12:21 »
Another interesting ree-ding on that transplant

http://www.bbc.com/news/health-31876219

"Psychology": Read especially that part at the bottom where it says "Dr Van der Merwe told the BBC",etc...

Makes one think what some of us go through

Keep fighting....we must be strong

Offline Dean93

• View Profile
« Reply #19810 on: 16/03/2015 11:45:05 »
NOTICE FOR ANYONE WITH POIS --- WE HAVE A NEW POIS FORUM AND SKYPE GROUP

Join here:

http://www.reddit.com/r/POIS/

if you want to join the skype group, message me your skype name

Search my name on skype: gilman201

You can also leave your skype name in a comment, or PM me.

come join the conversation

download skype here

http://www.skype.com/en/download-skype/skype-for-computer/
« Last Edit: 26/03/2015 02:59:57 by Dean93 »

Offline 4everfogged

• View Profile
« Reply #19811 on: 17/03/2015 13:36:00 »
Hello again,

Can anybody say they are 100% POIS cured. The answear at this stage is still a big NO. Every so often somebody comes up saying do this and that and you cured. CURED is a big word when it comes to pois. If you come on this website or any other POIS forum and you say you cured we only just might start believing you if you have managed to explain what exactly you been going through all these years with POIS. In my opinion even every vitamin, mineral, extract, med, whatever you try always has its pros and cons but it never quiet comes down to a permanent solution. More than likely only the scientists will solve this mistery.

As soon as I can I'd like to elaborate a bit further on my testosterone experience but just 1st want to try get pen and paper so I can also explain this to my doc in the best possible way. Deciding on using TRT sure is a bit of a daunting task when you dont understand it all, besides never mind convincing your doc.  [|)]
« Last Edit: 17/03/2015 21:15:03 by 4everfogged »

Offline meteo74

• View Profile
« Reply #19812 on: 18/03/2015 17:55:05 »
Hello again,

Can anybody say they are 100% POIS cured. The answear at this stage is still a big NO. Every so often somebody comes up saying do this and that and you cured. CURED is a big word when it comes to pois. If you come on this website or any other POIS forum and you say you cured we only just might start believing you if you have managed to explain what exactly you been going through all these years with POIS. In my opinion even every vitamin, mineral, extract, med, whatever you try always has its pros and cons but it never quiet comes down to a permanent solution. More than likely only the scientists will solve this mistery.

As soon as I can I'd like to elaborate a bit further on my testosterone experience but just 1st want to try get pen and paper so I can also explain this to my doc in the best possible way. Deciding on using TRT sure is a bit of a daunting task when you dont understand it all, besides never mind convincing your doc.  [|)]

Hi 4everfogged

*I beleive no one has cured from pois.
**I think that no one can fined acure for pois except a sick doctor with the same illness,

Offline 4everfogged

• View Profile
« Reply #19813 on: 18/03/2015 21:25:51 »
Hi meteo74

I agree we sure know much more about POIS than just about almost all the doctors in the world.

Another message to all:

If I may I would also like to add a comment and give an extra idea to Nightingale's message I just read on the poiscenter forum (Apologies that I'm not registered on Poiscenter; I might just do it at some later stage)

Because of the symptoms that most of us experience we sometimes tend to forget small details that we just never explain to the experts. So basically what I mean is it could also be a good thing to make a LIVE report. Make a narrow column on the left side of page, put the date in it and time below and on the right side next to the time, write down then that you just had an O, then within the minutes below that write time again and to the right you can say the first symptom you noticed, the exact spot, example 13:30 : can feel muscle pulling behind right eye, or next to eye, or in the middle between left ear and eye feel muscle pulling. You can also say for example from 13:30 till 14:00 this and this happened continuously, or at 15:18 trying to read something and unable to focus. 22:00 went to sleep, if you wake up at night then you can say you woke up at night. And explain  different pains when suddenly awake,  also could not fall asleep, etc. If you write nothing for several minutes then its presumed that thereís been no change etc....
With this method you can fish out a lot of details sometimes that you would not think of at a later stage in explaining things. Perhaps you could even say what food you been eating. As we know sugar is not our thing!!!
I think perhaps it might also be best not to publish your reports online because SPAMERS could abuse details like this....but rather take it or email or post, etc..  to your Professionals
Iíve done this LIVE with Pen and paper and then re-typed it neatly in word having made my columns first on a couple of pages when feeling fresh and recovered.
Below all this you can sometimes make up a conclusion.

P.S: I donít want to spoonfeed here but just want to help a bit; I realise this method is obviously kinda difficult for somebody whoíd be working.
« Last Edit: 18/03/2015 21:40:10 by 4everfogged »

Offline Tired of this

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #19814 on: 20/03/2015 13:04:41 »
Started using Niacin again this week, had an orgasm 50 minutes after intake. First time I tried it last Monday I felt a bit less POIS symptoms but they were still too present to not be bothered by them, especially anxiety was strong, brainfog not so much. After two days the symptoms were gone completely.

Today I took Niacin again, had a normal flush and had an orgasm 90 minutes after I took Niacin. This worked better than the first time I tried it this week. I feel good right now, not completely symptom free but MUCH less than I normally experience without Niacin. Brainfog is almost non existent, only anxiety and a little bit of stress are still present but I can deal with this.
So far this Niacin experiment today works out very well, tomorrow remains to be seen how I will feel then. The day after an orgasm is always the worst for me. If tomorrow the symptoms are reduced as much as they are today I'll be a very happy man.

Offline 4everfogged

• View Profile
« Reply #19815 on: 21/03/2015 14:30:54 »
Hello everybody

I'm just about 2 turn 42 and been living with POIS all my life. It's been absolute hell. But I'l save you my life story, as most of you on forum know what we dealing with. In short I personally feel like I've been living a life somewhere between life and death. Living to the full is not possible and every so many years or months feeling like I'm going to fall off the edge. Been watching this site on a regular basis since mid last year when I finally discoverd the term POIS. I've noticed that on the poiscenter website things seem to get more and more technical. I hope it's a good sign.

4 just over 2mo now been on a custom testosterone gel. As well as a whole range of supplements. Within 2 days it made me feel like I was on top of the world. Never felt so good day after day. Intensity of POIS symptoms were reduced big time. Symptoms after O seemd like a joke compared to what I'm used to. Mild symptoms for a day instead of min 4 max 8 in my case. But now I think I'm starting to get dissapointed. Obviously your urge goes up with this stuff but suddenly I realise that even not having O is giving me brain fog. I'm starting to think that my POIS defect is catching up to my intake of vitamin supplements & testosterone.

In my opinion if you'v had a rough past with POIS at least we know what it must have been like in the middle ages when you have an illness. No doctors to help, not being understood, not getting any real recognition, feeling like you left in the dark with your problems.
Just  so gratefull for the few Professors that are trying to help us, but I'm sure these guys need more support with their admin etc. I just dont get it that in this "stone age" we living, that we still dont get recogntion for such a disabling illness though.

TK

Hi everybody again

First of all apologies to keep you all in suspense with my first message on the Testosterone effects. I want to share my experience but I also wanted to first chat with my specialist about this. But Iím losing patience, he is obviously very busy and so I'm not getting feedback on trying to make appointment. So I've decided to just explain you all. I said I had positive effects within 2 days but to my confusion I have not explained things properly.

I went through a faze* where Iíd force myself to not have orgasms. This was killing me to the bone. I thought I was going to end up with a heart attack and die. But within two days my body came to an almost complete normality after taking just vitamin supplements. During that faze* I also had my blood tested. On those results I was recommended all these vitamins that helped me cope with preventing O's. Not long after taking these vitamins I also started taking testosterone. Gradually this stuff is replacing or adding to your natural testosterone (as you know). At this stage I'm thinking I got to now be patient and see how things evolve on how I feel but with bad luck I end up getting flu and this flu started to feel pretty abnormal. I even started getting temperature. I was drenched with sweat. My moral levels were very very low. With complete disappointment I went to my neighbourhood doctor and he put me on an antibiotic because he was saying he can see I have a real flu. So not the "POIS flu", after only few days all started to clear up. About a week after this is when I started to feel on top of the world, I felt like I could be the healthiest person in the world. I probably could have done like the most strenuous marathon that exists. I had 100% mental clarity. But suddenly I thought oh no here we go again. I just had to have an orgasm. I started to physically get irritated with my sex and realised I have no choice and need to O. I could sense if I donít I'm going to get into that cycle where you get that feeling where your tap is open and you just slowly getting tortured (Some with POIS know that feeling) BUT I just could not believe this; after the O I hardly had symptoms compared to what I was used to. I was surprised and thought, WOW this testosterone gel that I've been applying daily on me is obviously encouraging. I presumed it must be that. I was so happy with this situation I was now in. I can defiantly cope with this new situation. I had several more O's just to believe it. All went perfect for 3,5 weeks straight when all started going wrong again. I was confused as hell now. Never mind as POIS sufferers know I was now back to square one. I felt like a zombie again. But when I recovered I started to take out my notes which I've been making daily in point form. And thatís when my memory came back and realized that it all must come down to that Antibiotic.

As we now know, our immune system is attacked after O and this Antibiotic was obviously killing all the bacteria's in our bodies which we get after the O. My neighbourhood doctor wants me to try it again to be certain. But I am pretty sure about this anyway.

Anybody been on Antibiotic and noticed something like this? The name of the Antibiotic is Clarithromycine Teva.

For those that don't know, antibiotic also kills the good bacteria in our body at the same time and so for this reason itís not possible to take this endlessly because it would get you in serious troubles.

About the testosterone I am now seriously considering stopping because it is not giving me the results I was hoping. My testosterone gel is believed to be of a superior quality as I am being told. So if this does not do enough for me, probably not worth it, also considering itís costing me quite a bit (USD480/EUR450) for about 4 months of supplies.

Feedback appreciated
Take care,

P.S: The Reason why at one stage I was probably feeling so incredibly good was possibly also the combination of this Antibiotic with the start of the TRT and Vitamins
« Last Edit: 21/03/2015 22:05:36 by 4everfogged »

Offline Tired of this

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #19816 on: 22/03/2015 13:35:11 »
The day after the Niacin experiment... almost no POIS symptoms. Niacin works!
I used a different brand this time than before. Nature's Way produces the best results for me. I used a different brand before and although the flush was stronger, it didn't work as good as NW's.

It seems that when I have an orgasm about 100 minutes after I take Niacin I get the best results. The flush has to disappear fully first before orgasm.

So far this has been the most successful method for me.

Offline 4everfogged

• View Profile
« Reply #19817 on: 22/03/2015 20:28:57 »
I was just having another look at the Polls on Poiscenter. I think if I give especially "the clusters of symtoms" some thinking. In my case I must say that depending on how active one is in life like if working or not or depending how much sleep one manages to get, the intensity of symptoms can also play a role. If working and especially if doing extra hour or even two of overtime at work I get to a point where I'd almost cry of pain in my head. My head would sometimes throb so heavily like as if imagining that have brain tumour or something. Emotions also kik in though if not working emotions sometimes more difficult to deal with. Probably due to depression kikking in due to difficulty in finding ideal work, situation, etc...

Offline aesthetics380

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #19818 on: 24/03/2015 20:26:54 »
Hi guys,
I have an idea that could possibly help us learn more about POIS and how it related to each of us.
So far, what I have been doing is reading forums and trying to see what other peoples solutions are to their symptoms they are experiencing. Then trying different supplements. Although, I think it would actually serve us some good if we actually try to meet each other to talk and see if we have any similarities in terms of what we do day to day, habits, environment, etc to see if we possibly have things in common that could possibly be a source or contributing factor to our POIS.
From what I understand, none of us started off having POIS initially when we started becoming sexually active. It all started after some point far after that. In my case, it started when I was 18-19 and I have read of some people not experiencing it until even their 30's or 40's. 
I live in SF Bay Area. If you live in this area and would like to meet, please let me know. I think we could potentially learn something important about our disease and how to better troubleshoot it. Thanks!

Offline meteo74

• View Profile
« Reply #19819 on: 25/03/2015 16:54:09 »
Hi guys,
I have an idea that could possibly help us learn more about POIS and how it related to each of us.
So far, what I have been doing is reading forums and trying to see what other peoples solutions are to their symptoms they are experiencing. Then trying different supplements. Although, I think it would actually serve us some good if we actually try to meet each other to talk and see if we have any similarities in terms of what we do day to day, habits, environment, etc to see if we possibly have things in common that could possibly be a source or contributing factor to our POIS.
From what I understand, none of us started off having POIS initially when we started becoming sexually active. It all started after some point far after that. In my case, it started when I was 18-19 and I have read of some people not experiencing it until even their 30's or 40's. 
I live in SF Bay Area. If you live in this area and would like to meet, please let me know. I think we could potentially learn something important about our disease and how to better troubleshoot it. Thanks!

hi aesthetics380

the reson of pois is just masturbation ,(by hand or by any thing els..),thats what cause pois for me,now when i do it with my wife pois symptos reduces by about 40% but it is still abig problem.
I wanted to now why is Intercourse is different?what happen to our bodies when we do it by hand and why not when we do it with awoman?

Offline Dean93

• View Profile
« Reply #19820 on: 26/03/2015 03:00:23 »
NOTICE FOR ANYONE WITH POIS --- WE HAVE A NEW POIS FORUM AND SKYPE GROUP

Join here:

http://www.reddit.com/r/POIS/

if you want to join the skype group, message me your skype name

Search my name on skype: gilman201

You can also leave your skype name in a comment, or PM me.

come join the conversation

download skype here

http://www.skype.com/en/download-skype/skype-for-computer/

Offline 4everfogged

• View Profile
« Reply #19821 on: 26/03/2015 22:47:51 »
I also think that staying together on NSF and Poiscenter is better (already 2 Forum sites is enough). UNITY MAKES STRENGTH. Every so often a message on other websites can be good. But the place to be sure seems better to stay here. This is where the experience and a good foundation is after all. ;).

I'm still pretty new here but the fact that the views here are pretty high already raises the fact on how important it is that we get helped.

I guess every so often a skype group can be supportive for some.
« Last Edit: 26/03/2015 22:51:14 by 4everfogged »

Offline Dean93

• View Profile
« Reply #19822 on: 28/03/2015 00:57:19 »
I also think that staying together on NSF and Poiscenter is better (already 2 Forum sites is enough). UNITY MAKES STRENGTH. Every so often a message on other websites can be good. But the place to be sure seems better to stay here. This is where the experience and a good foundation is after all. ;).

I'm still pretty new here but the fact that the views here are pretty high already raises the fact on how important it is that we get helped.

I guess every so often a skype group can be supportive for some.

NSF will not allow us to collect donations. POIScenter is have severe technical issues. There are other benefits to using reddit, as well.

Offline 4everfogged

• View Profile
« Reply #19823 on: 01/04/2015 13:25:39 »
Hi All

Wherever the forums takes us, pros and cons, etc.... One thing I'd like to say is that I'm just very grateful for finding the poiscenter site as well as all the rest I've seen and been through so far. I have an immense appreciation for all that contributed and especially the people who started all this. It's a bit of a life saver in a way, and gives a lot of hope. I just wish I had found this a lot sooner. When I think about the people out there suffering who haven't got a clue why they going through this agony it's probably important that POIS gets mentioned in websites where there's a lot of talk is going on about headaches, concentration problems, pain in head, etc... I sure can confirm that that's how I found this but it sure took me a long time. TOO LONG

We all know going to doctors is still very close to 0% in figuring out that you'd have POIS. I've told 8 doctors about it who never knew about it. And that is very sad on it's own.

To share my latest experiment, this last week I've been taking every day the following:
Every day before breakfast and lunch, 1x57g (error; I meant 500mg) capsule of Taurine and magnesium 900mg with a bit of water (room temp),
Additionally to this with food (been taking this even long time before), high quality omega 3 fish oil mixed with vitamin D3 (2tabs, morning and evening).
Also 2X a multi vitamin in morning with breakfast (oats).

Now the thing is that alone on a daily basis, I presume it makes me stronger, but obviously it does not resolve the actual POIS symptoms after 0, so after 0 I took Fenugreek capsule + eating 2 cloves of fresh garlic (burns in mouth) with green tea. (I seem to get almost instant relief<---question to readers, am I dreaming or what?) (Found on poiscenter)

My result so far is that I seem to sleep better, especially the night after 0 which had often made my life difficult and tiresome, and the intensity of symptoms seems to be reduced quite significantly with this instant relief.

Obviously it's not problem solved but to me a good relief I can confirm, I just hope this will last because I've had many ups and downs and disappointments in past.

I hope this can also help others while we await a real cure.

Extra info: I have no idea if anybody else tried this but the magnesium that I'm using is from "Metagenics" it's called MetaRelax. It's a formula combined with taurine and vitamine B's. It says on the box "For stress and tierdness, and good for musles"(Foreign language). I'm in the EU and have no idea if this is available everywhere. I think this must be playing a significant role in my current experience.
*I think highlighted part seems most important for daily intake

******Perhaps somebody will give me an idea to improve this even further!!!******
« Last Edit: 01/04/2015 21:01:07 by 4everfogged »

Offline B_Jim

• post ejaculation tiredness, fatigue after orgasm
    • View Profile
« Reply #19824 on: 01/04/2015 19:46:53 »
Every day before breakfast and lunch, 1x57g capsule of Taurine and magnesium 900mg with a bit of water (room temp),

Taurine is the KEY of my Pois. It makes a HUGE difference.
It's like if taurine is "pumped" after ejaclation to "regenerate" something (testosterone ? semen ?).

But you made a mistake in dose, 1x57g is not correct ;)
« Last Edit: 01/04/2015 19:48:46 by B_Jim »

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #19824 on: 01/04/2015 19:46:53 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums