The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome (POIS)  (Read 6460800 times)

Offline B_Jim

• post ejaculation tiredness, fatigue after orgasm
    • View Profile
Re: Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome (POIS)
« Reply #19850 on: 26/05/2015 17:35:18 »
Chris MacMahon .pdf about Pois :  link [nofollow]

Offline 4everfogged

• Cognitive,brainfog,flu-like,fatigue,exhaustion
    • View Profile
« Reply #19851 on: 29/05/2015 14:47:44 »
Because I abstain these days I have this feeling that some symptoms that some of us get that are not the usual symptoms could possibly also be reduced quite a lot when abstaining as much as possible. Though as you know, it's not all that simple. For example, sometimes I'd get these painful cramps in my lower jaw. They would occur in the middle of the night and they'd wake me up instantly. You could compare it like a cramp that you'd get in one of your leg muscles when you'd spend too much time in water. I was just thinking about this when reading about some having overbite complaints. Another issue I have is pain in knees, especially one side. It would get to a point where one of my legs no longer wants to follow me, especially if I'd walk up or down steps or a ladder. It seems this problem has also been reduced quiet a lot, thinking it's POIS related. A doctor once checked my knees and found nothing wrong. Another problem I have is bad blood circulation in my feet; this would affect me especially in cold temperatures. My big toes get red and very painful. If I'd spend too much time in cold sea water my feet tend to feel like as if they freezing. My feet would feel like as if I'm walking over gravel when getting out the water.

Am I having an illusion or what; that this could be POIS related in my case?

Offline 4everfogged

• View Profile
« Reply #19852 on: 01/06/2015 12:34:39 »
How Diet Can Ease Autoimmune Disease Symptoms..............Dr. Horwitz

http://realestate.aol.com/blog/videos/green-living/231376985/

Offline Vincent M

• View Profile
« Reply #19853 on: 04/06/2015 11:04:34 »
i wonder if anyone here also experience loose facial muscles after o???everytime after i have a o, within 1-2 weeks my face will look very skinny and loose.
anyone here have this issue as well???do you know how to sort it?

thanks
dean

I also get loose/sagging flesh post orgasm, especially in my face. I've found that fenugreek and saw palmetto help the most with this for me.

Offline Vincent M

• View Profile
« Reply #19854 on: 04/06/2015 11:09:34 »
^ Seems like a symptom of a much deeper problem. Why try to cover up the appearance when you could be seeking to address the root cause?

Why would we waste time exploring a vacuum? There is no documented medical literature concerning loose facial flesh following orgasm. This only occurs post ejaculation for me so how could there be an underlying root problem unrelated to orgasm/ejaculation? I could say the same thing about nearly any of our symptoms. The science of orgasm/ejaculation is in its infancy, which is the heart of this argument. Do you agree with that statement?

Offline DEANNX

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #19855 on: 05/06/2015 19:25:54 »
i wonder if anyone here also experience loose facial muscles after o???everytime after i have a o, within 1-2 weeks my face will look very skinny and loose.
anyone here have this issue as well???do you know how to sort it?

thanks
dean

I also get loose/sagging flesh post orgasm, especially in my face. I've found that fenugreek and saw palmetto help the most with this for me.

Thanks for the reply, I am glad that I am not alone in this. And I am wondering how fenugreek and saw palmetto is helping you??who recommend you to take them?? And do you notice any differences between o from masturbation and o from having sex in term of getting loose face muscle???Also I know they are herbs but can you develop tolerance to them over a period of time???
« Last Edit: 06/06/2015 18:36:04 by DEANNX »

Offline 4everfogged

• View Profile
« Reply #19856 on: 08/06/2015 19:06:24 »
Quote from Poiscenter today
   Accutane
« : Today at 08:56:03 AM »     From: Pvchain
My POIS started after i used this drug for acne during a period of 6 months.

Has anyone here treated with Accutane too?

I'm sorry if there are any grammar error. English is not my main language.

I've also given this a thought before!!!

In my teens I was on Roacutanne, I guess it must be the same product

I must also say that I have a brother who also used it, he does not have POIS.

As far as I remember I think my POIS also started after this treatment (Though I also need to say, I believe my POIS actually started when a small kid, but the symptoms were not as aggressive way back then)
« Last Edit: 08/06/2015 19:20:58 by 4everfogged »

Offline 4everfogged

• View Profile
« Reply #19857 on: 14/06/2015 19:57:42 »
I totally agree with those who think something is going on with our digestive system. I personally feel very sensitive regarding mental focus depending what type of food I eat. Even if I'd drink let's say 750ml of water in one go I easily get some loss of concentration. If I have an above average portion of french fries with mayo or if I'd eat them 2 days in a row for lunch, I can then guarantee that I also build up mental fatigue with loss of concentration; this situation can even take me 2 days to feel back to normal while reverting to a healthy diet. Another example: I'm not allergic to seafood but if it's a festive day and I'd have a seafood platter (with homemade mayo) with family, everybody will have their stomach well filled but if I go along with them the same thing happens again to me if not even worse at times. As soon as my brain gets affected I feel less connected in the social conversations.

Best food to eat is for example as breakfast (slow digestive food) is a big bowl of oats mixed with a banana (nice and ripe) and mixed with some soya milk (zero sugar) in which I dissolve pure coco powder.

Even if I don't eat and feel hungry I am sure my (our) brains are effected differently than somebody that does not have POIS.

At the end of the day no matter how much I try to control this, it stays a continuous challenge. Even if I spend loads on supplements I still don't have full control over this issue.

It's very well possible that the root of our POIS problem is somewhere hidden in this "mechanism".

Offline ozmoses

• View Profile
« Reply #19858 on: 15/06/2015 00:32:57 »
I've created a Facebook page for POIS as I'm trying to help find out if there are particular genetic variables that could help explain POIS as well as treat it.  Please join and share.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/mthfrpois/ [nofollow]

Offline ozmoses

• View Profile
« Reply #19859 on: 15/06/2015 00:44:31 »
How did you cure your POIS?

Interesting quote on Reddit

benvil45 1 point 2 hours ago
"Hi, Yes my POIS is cured. It was 100% down to digestive issues. Both SIBO and yeast infection. "
This is what he told me in 2014, maybe things have changed. I personally don't have have any specific thought of what causes POIS, there's probably no set in stone cause for everyone imo.
I just thought I'd comment on something that, from the info I've got from Kurtosis is wrong, maybe things have changed and I'd be very interested in seeing that information.
"Did you know that poor methylation limits your body's ability to remove toxins?"
Fully aware.

http://www.reddit.com/r/POIS/comments/302j7v/discussion_general_pois_discussion_thread_if/ [nofollow]

Hope to hear more details

Offline ozmoses

• View Profile
« Reply #19860 on: 15/06/2015 00:50:38 »
Nathan 123

After taking the antacid syrup, what is the next step to your "cure"

Its about four months I not updated to the forum. As explained in earlier post in Jan month I was cured only 75% from POI's and I updated that I was expecting 100% cure in next two months from doing exercise. However it took me me four months for 100% cure from pois and now I am fully 200% Pois free person. There was no response for the technique I shared to the forum. No problem. However I wanto tell guys, spent lakhs of bucks to find out what was the reason for my pois and sharing the forum how I cured from the POIs. In India as I shared around year ago i with my doctor started identifying people with symptoms of POis through local media and found many people whobr not aware of their POI's and taking treatment under different illnesses. Actually we r not having pois
 It is different illness and it is triggering for orgasm. I will tell dimple procedure for the forum and it may cost u only 2$ and may be 2 min of time to check whether my theory is correct. Just by one antacid syrup used for gastritis and pls have one spoon of syrup with water after food in Pois period and see within 1 hour u will find reduction of pois by 25%. I will tell how POI's will reduce in one spoon of antacid syrup once u respond and also I can share in detail what was happened to me and what I done in last six months for compute cure from Pois. This forum helped me in 2011 to understand my POI's and finally I found out my POI's reason. I want other members to be cured asap. Pls respond to my above which cost u only 2$.

Offline ozmoses

• View Profile
« Reply #19861 on: 15/06/2015 01:00:17 »
EGGS.   Definitely not a cure for POIS. I eat plenty of eggs regularly and it hasn't made a difference. Glad it's worked for you.

Hello everyone
I am happy to tell u that there may be a way to cure pois and that it is not irreversible. I was always desperate to escape from pois hell. I think i may have found a solution. I was reading all the posts in NSF forum and i came across a member named Gcrisp, who developed POIS after 50 yrs when he was asked to take statins. Fortunately he was able to recover from pois after stopping statins and also after eating eggs daily  for a few months. Since i hv tried every other solutions and nothing worked, i started to eat eggs daily, i ate 2 eggs daily for a month and then i started to eat 3 eggs daily. I have been eating 3 eggs daily for 2 months 28 days. My pois was a type where i recover from tiredness within 2 days, but the pois hangover never lifts, it is always there. After eating eggs for 1 and half month my pois duration reduced to 3 days, then with each week pois duration reduced by 6 hours. Now my pois lasts for 1 day 13 hrs, i really hope as days go pois duration would get reduced even further.
I felt that i should share this information with u , becuase if i was in your place i would be desperate even for a little help.
It takes atleast a month to feel benefits of eating eggs. I dont know about the quantity of eggs to eat daily, but i feel very good by eating 3 eggs daily.
Please do read Gcrisp post on NSF forum for more details.

Offline ozmoses

• View Profile
« Reply #19862 on: 15/06/2015 01:07:26 »
Thanks for sharing this info Nathan123. I'm going to try this.

First of all my apology to the forum for not posting the 15 minute exercise, I have used. The intention behind this is I thought, whether can I able to add any add-ons to that exercise and I tried many and finally today comes to a conclusion that 15 minute of yoga mentioned in earlier version to be posed and I am posting the. The same is below as follows.
a)   For the first five minutes – pls do the body lossening exercises i.e. to legs, shoulders, hands, neck, - search in google you find many………
b)   For next five minutes – Pls do the dynamic warmup exercises.
The above two steps are the preppatroy steps for the yoga posute.
c)   Now pls do the yoga posture Ardha Matsyendrasana (Only Three rounds – Pls not do more than this, as you are not practicing under the trainer). It may take five minutes.  Pls do not this exercise in full stomach. Your stomach should be empty. Otherwise there may be some other problems. Suggested timings is morning and in the evening before food.  Also, person with knee injury, spinal cord problems should not perform this exercise as it would severe the problem.
Compare the POIS at the beginning of this exercise and now. If you find decrease in the POIS symptoms, my POIS is equal to your POIS and God has finally helped us….We won. 
Update on me:
a)   In my last post, I mentioned that presently my POIS attached reduced to 30% as I am practicing on hour yoga exercise daily. Now, I find even slight reduction can say 25% attack and this attack is tolerable and this 15 minutes.
b)   You may know, from last three years, I tried so many experiments and in yoga I tried one. That is to have Sex after that one hour exercise ( I compare taking of Nicain and have sex and accordingly I tried this).  So, out of past 15 days, 6 times I had Sex & big O immediately after the one hour yoga exercise and the results are amazing. After big O, now there is no POIS, it is 0%, further I am experiencing opposite to POIS i.e. relaxation of mind and peace can say, it is POST ORGASMIC HAPPINESS SYNDROME (not a syndrome). Yes, if I do, O after one hour exercise, I am experimenting, full of joy, happiness, its like heaven to me…. But, if I had O not after exercise, then again that 25% POIS symptoms. My yoga thereapist told this 25% would come to 0% in just two months.
Logic behind my solution:
c)   As explained earlier, it was the problem in nervous system. Now because of yoga, my nervous system is strengthening. So, presently, I am having three solutions.
a)   15 minutes exercise to recover from POIS attack if I had O in the night
b)   One hour yoga to reduce the attack from 25% to 0% in next few months
c)   Had O immediately after yoga (i.e. like niacin experiment) to enjoy 0% POIS & especially happiness.
Way forward:
a)   At presently, I shared only the macro level of the solution which I got. If any one of you find reduction is POIS symtoms, and if this theory is apply to all, then I am ready to share full one hour yoga exercise (containing many i.e. loosening exercise, dynamic exercise, pranayama, various types of breathing, yoga posture, relaxation technique). Waiting for your reply.

Offline ozmoses

• View Profile
« Reply #19863 on: 15/06/2015 01:08:58 »
For those of you taking regular (flushing niacin) how many milligrams are you taking at a time and how many times per day? 

I usually take a minimum of 500 and a max of 1000 at a time.  I like the flushing so it doesn't bother me. :)

Offline 4everfogged

• View Profile
« Reply #19864 on: 17/06/2015 10:19:05 »
For those of you taking regular (flushing niacin) how many milligrams are you taking at a time and how many times per day? 

I usually take a minimum of 500 and a max of 1000 at a time.  I like the flushing so it doesn't bother me. :)

I don't think you supposed to take it on a daily basis. As far as I'm concerned some seem to think that your system gets used to it and eventually stops working if u use it too much/often.

Rather try it on empty stomach: For example wake up at 3:00 AM (best) or dont eat anything in the evening.(Let's say minimum 7 or 8 hours after the last time you had food)

Swallow minimum 108mg/125mg (If it did not work; next time try max +/-160mg)

The flushing should occur

Then wait at least 1 hour (rather 1,5 hour)

Then have O (the less excited the better)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The first time I tried it this method. On the first day I had up to 85% improvement with concentration and all symptoms in forehead. But the 2nd day was a bit less effective by lunchtime (but still way better off than I'd normally be). The days thereafter were easier and easier.

At night-time when trying to go to sleep I can still feel that my upper body is still under inflammation though

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think the whole idea of using niacin is to rather abstain for a while afterwards though. Nobody seems to know what are the effects of this niacin flush on us on long term basis.

Sticking to a healthy diet (especially no bad fats, junk food, sugar, etc....) also plays an important factor in managing POIS. Though a healthy diet will probably help with almost any illness one could have.
« Last Edit: 17/06/2015 16:14:52 by 4everfogged »

Offline 4everfogged

• View Profile
« Reply #19865 on: 17/06/2015 10:23:38 »
Ozmoses,

A tip: When you want to search something in old posts try the following

niacin pois site:http://thenakedscientists.com
or
niacin site:http://poiscenter.com
replace niacin with any word

This has already been mentioned somewhere though

Take care,

Offline 4everfogged

• View Profile
« Reply #19866 on: 17/06/2015 13:34:36 »
I was wondering if anybody ever tried slow release (timed release) niacin, rather know as nialipin?

Offline 4everfogged

• View Profile
« Reply #19867 on: 19/06/2015 14:44:57 »
Detox supplement called "permufor"

Probably worthwhile for us to have a look at

http://www.nutrifor.be/en/produit/nutricament/permufor

Does any POIS sufferer know about this product?

Offline kitkat58

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #19868 on: 22/06/2015 22:32:13 »

Hello,
       I am new to the group. I always put off talking about this subject to anyone. These headaches started for me when I was 19, I am a old grandmother now at the age of 56 each time the headaches get worse and worse and last longer and longer. I am always worried I have popped a vessel in my head it hurts so bad but I am still not ready to give it up. Sometimes the headaches will last up to a week. Talking with the Dr today wasn't as bad and embarrassing as I thought it would be, she didn't make me uncomfortable about it at all. They are going scheduled me for a MRI to see if I have any brain left after doing this for so many years,lol Its good to have someplace to come to talk about such things. Thanks for listening.
kit

Offline 4everfogged

• View Profile
« Reply #19869 on: 23/06/2015 16:19:40 »

Hello,
       I am new to the group. I always put off talking about this subject to anyone. These headaches started for me when I was 19, I am a old grandmother now at the age of 56 each time the headaches get worse and worse and last longer and longer. I am always worried I have popped a vessel in my head it hurts so bad but I am still not ready to give it up. Sometimes the headaches will last up to a week. Talking with the Dr today wasn't as bad and embarrassing as I thought it would be, she didn't make me uncomfortable about it at all. They are going scheduled me for a MRI to see if I have any brain left after doing this for so many years,lol Its good to have someplace to come to talk about such things. Thanks for listening.
kit

Hello Kitkat58,

Welcome to our "POIS club". If you don't mind me asking you, could you tell me if any of your children or grandchildren have or you suspect have POIS or do they have any other illness (allergies)?
The fact that I always knew/suspected I was suffering from this illness, and by the time I was almost 30 I pretty much decided that I did not want children. I simply decided that I did not want to put a kid on the world facing the same faith. I got to admit though that my thinking pattern was very different in my 20's and could well have ended up having a kid(s). But today even though I kind-of wish I'd have kids I think it would exhaust me too much.

-----"Respect for those partners living and putting up with a POIS sufferer"-----

As far as I know there's also a small forum on reddit.com where woman are sometimes in dialog about POIS.
More than likely, and as far as I know, if you have POIS they will find nothing with a standard MRI scan.

Offline desperate man

• View Profile
« Reply #19870 on: 30/06/2015 17:03:42 »
Long time no speak. Things got worse. Actually, things are pretty life-threatening at the moment. I have been complaining with blood sugar issues for the past 2-3 years. I actually decided to buy a glucose meter and it turned out my morning fasting BS is 220, that is double the normal. But by the end of the day it gets to 400.
I'm in my late 20s and pretty much scared to death. I have thought of everything else, but diabetes... and it could actually explain every symptom I'm experiencing. I'll try my best to get a diagnosis this week. I hope this will be the answer for my POIS. Since low testosterone is linked to T2D it could explain POIS by pushing an already high BS to even higher. Ejaculation > rise in prolactin > decrease in T. But sadly I'm likely to be either T1 or LADA.  [V] Will keep you guys updated.
« Last Edit: 30/06/2015 17:06:41 by desperate man »

Offline Habibou

• View Profile
« Reply #19871 on: 30/06/2015 17:59:22 »
Gbodulev, I am very interested by your theory about the POIS roots, dealing with digestive enzymes deficiency.
I am myself lactose and casein intolerant, with some digestive issues.
I just bought "Digestive Enzymes" 100 tablets from Solgar today and noticed it was 65 mg of Betain HCL and 30 mg of Pepsine per tablet.

What is the level Betain HCL and Pepsine you would recommend (according to your experience with it) for a normal meal, please?

Thank you very much!

Offline 4everfogged

• View Profile
« Reply #19872 on: 02/07/2015 09:51:10 »
From Poiscenter

http://www.poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=2074.0

REMINDER

Hello POIS readers and POIS members,

If you believe you have POIS, I ask you please to do the survey which is still currently running. I personally believe that it’s crucially important to all of us including you that we all complete this survey. As much as I believe that we are slowly moving in the right direction to have this illness properly understood, recognized, diagnosed, finding a cure, etc. it is still very important that as many of us as possible collaborate together on this.
The reality is that for any illness to be fully understood and recognized we need 1000’s of participants to come forward on this, because only this can make a true difference in finding true momentum.
I completely understand that sometimes for some with POIS we feel completely messed up in our heads and body that we barely find strength to bother completing such surveys. But you just need to do this.

The survey is easy to complete and has ample space (including the last page number 4) to write your own words/theory that you might want to include

One for all, all for one.

Thanks

Offline 4everfogged

• View Profile
« Reply #19873 on: 03/07/2015 09:16:52 »
This spam has been removed.

Hi Savannah & John (Pois Remedy Staff)

On how many people have you tested your product on?
Do you have a recognized clinical research report that proves it works?
What does the ingredients and nutritional values contain?
How do you know that there are millions that suffer POIS?

Thanks

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm glad to see this add has been removed!!!
« Last Edit: 03/07/2015 13:48:28 by 4everfogged »

Offline John21

• View Profile
« Reply #19874 on: 03/07/2015 18:05:42 »
Every day before breakfast and lunch, 1x57g capsule of Taurine and magnesium 900mg with a bit of water (room temp),

Taurine is the KEY of my Pois. It makes a HUGE difference.
It's like if taurine is "pumped" after ejaclation to "regenerate" something (testosterone ? semen ?).

But you made a mistake in dose, 1x57g is not correct ;)

Interesting. I recently tried Taurine, I had an NE and using Fenugreek and Taurine I had no symptoms. I forget now why I even tried Taurine, but it could be a keeper.

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #19874 on: 03/07/2015 18:05:42 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums