The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome (POIS)  (Read 6435971 times)

Offline 4everfogged

• Cognitive,brainfog,flu-like,fatigue,exhaustion
    • View Profile
Re: Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome (POIS)
« Reply #19925 on: 25/08/2015 12:09:15 »
This entire past week, every morning at around 9:00AM I had my blood drawn. My doc wanted to check if he could find anything significant before and after O. The only thing that caught his attention is Prolactin, but not sure if anything significant. I had an O after 2nd blood test but about 2,5-3 hours before 3rd blood test.

P.S: My mental symptoms are generally the worst on day 2 and sometimes seem just as bad on day 3 though they can start off within minutes. I also don’t know if this test had any significance if comparing with my previous situation as with my new diet approach I generally feel better off, but obviously if I’d start having a O on a weekly basis again then I believe to turn back to square one, because especially after a 3rd weekend in a row I’d start feeling pretty strained/depressed. I believe intensity of suffering depends on various factors depending how tired I am, stress, activated allergies, etc.. My doc only planned this test a few days before start. I had O a week before that but none in the 2 weeks before that. For this test my symptoms were most certainly not of the worst. I suspect to have a difficult time if I’d have O sometime this weekend because already feel prostate area under pressure as this is not always the case!!!
Perhaps this test would have been more interesting to compare the same with previous diet.

Not that it would be important but just to complete a small detail, which I did not have at the time of the post on 14/08. My prolactin reading for 14/08 that I was confirmed a few days later was measured at 9,5. (Same reading as was on 08/08; you'd have to go back to my old post to see readings on other days)

Another detail I'd like to share besides prolactin, on the one blood test I simultaneously had lipase checked the reading was:
107 reference: <60 U/L

Lipase has important role in digestion
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lipase

Offline akt1

• View Profile
« Reply #19926 on: 25/08/2015 19:58:01 »
Hey guys,

Thank you so much for sharing your theories regarding niacin and Pois.

I get severe pois. The day after an O, my nervous system goes bananas. I also get bad social anxiety days after.

I would like to share my theory:

1. Orgasm raises adrenaline levels
newbielink:http://uk.askmen.com/dating/love_tip_250/271b_love_tip.html [nonactive]

2. Hypothesis:
Our bodies / thyroids / glands can not "burn out"/metabolize excessive adrenaline

Symptoms of excessive adrenaline
newbielink:https://www.womentowomen.com/adrenal-health-2/symptoms-adrenal-fatigue/ [nonactive]

Niacin metabolizes/"burns out" adrenaline
newbielink:http://www.livestrong.com/article/408424-niacin-anxiety/ [nonactive]

(Niacin can also be used to treat PTSD (- maybe excessive adrenaline?)
and Abram Hoffer´s work with treating schizofrenia with niacin is
based on niacin´s ability to handle excessive adrenaline.. therefore
protecting the individual against "adrenochromes".
newbielink:http://orthomolecular.org/history/hoffer/index.shtml [nonactive])

Long story short.

Our body cannot metabolize/"burn out" excessive adrenaline
-> Niacin takes care of this

Feel free to comment.

Take care

Offline B_Jim

• post ejaculation tiredness, fatigue after orgasm
    • View Profile
« Reply #19927 on: 26/08/2015 06:56:27 »

Another detail I'd like to share besides prolactin, on the one blood test I simultaneously had lipase checked the reading was:
107 reference: <60 U/L

Lipase has important role in digestion
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lipase [nofollow]

Interesting. I have high lipase too (134 U/L if i remember).
« Last Edit: 26/08/2015 06:58:10 by B_Jim »

Offline abnormal8340

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #19928 on: 07/09/2015 18:10:39 »
Hi guys, do you notice POIS sysmptoms even during non POIS period???  Recently , If I observe keenly, I
notice some POIS symptoms during non pois period..... many times during non pois period i can feel some
fatigue , less energy, mild brain fog, less memory in the morning.......and as the day progresses by evening i regain most of the energy and feel enthusiastic....(.may be this is related to less cortisol in the morning (which actually should be high in healthy persons) and high cortisol in the evening....). sometimes i feel this pois is due to malfunction of adrenal glands and orgasm causes extreme stress  in these adrenals and as a result we produce either low cortisol or high cortisol....a thinking in this direction may also help us reaching the destination...
« Last Edit: 07/09/2015 18:13:00 by abnormal8340 »

Offline 4everfogged

• View Profile
« Reply #19929 on: 09/09/2015 12:22:59 »
Hi guys, do you notice POIS sysmptoms even during non POIS period???  Recently , If I observe keenly, I
notice some POIS symptoms during non pois period..... many times during non pois period i can feel some
fatigue , less energy, mild brain fog, less memory in the morning.......and as the day progresses by evening i regain most of the energy and feel enthusiastic....(.may be this is related to less cortisol in the morning (which actually should be high in healthy persons) and high cortisol in the evening....). sometimes i feel this pois is due to malfunction of adrenal glands and orgasm causes extreme stress  in these adrenals and as a result we produce either low cortisol or high cortisol....a thinking in this direction may also help us reaching the destination...

I know!!! I’ve also been through the same thoughts but there are some techniques that can get that partly under control. I’ve managed to feel much much better during non POIS period, but it’s taken me a lot of effort. If you go through my old posts you will see that my step number one is to live on a diet as healthy as possible, make sure you stick to a routine that gives you enough rest (I’ve been lucky enough to not be working so it’s easier – that’s if I can call this luck cause in reality I’d prefer being continuously employed). It takes a lot of time for your body to come up with results with diet and all the rest. For each different food that you about to eat….give it a thought. For Breakfast eat rather 2 or 3 pieces of fruit cut up and mixed with greek yogurt and 2 table spoons of pure coco powder. Eat loads of veg with fish or chicken for lunch time (0% starch). With whatever is happening inside our body it seems we are unable to process digestion and absorption of starch and unhealthy foods in combination with this adrenaline issue. We are ultra-sensitive to these so called bad foods that worsens our fatigue and then you get all that unnecessary feeling of not being able to stay focused enough as all the irritation that comes with it during the day. Do some daily fast walking in the morning or afternoon. But not too much late in the evening. Make sure you’ve figured out what all you could be allergic too. If you still struggling “heavily” in 2 to 3 months you either not resting enough or you have some other underlying issue. Besides whatever technique’s or pre packs (supplements) you take before and after ejaculation. Some daily vitamins + supplements are also helpful. Avoiding stress also helps loads.

I’ve managed to feel at least 70% or even 80% better off during non POIS as long as I manage to stick to my routine…..there does not seem to be an easier way out….Some do a lot of yoga or meditation but I think that is mainly a stress control technique. If you focus yourself on a healthy routine I believe it can be equally beneficial.
« Last Edit: 09/09/2015 12:25:46 by 4everfogged »

Offline 4everfogged

• View Profile
« Reply #19930 on: 09/09/2015 12:42:53 »
I registered on poiscenter 2 days ago but have not received confirmation response yet!!! I hope someone will find my mail between all that spam.

Those guys doing all that spam should be tracked and reported to authorities in the same way that paedophiles are taken care of.

Offline Stef

• View Profile
« Reply #19931 on: 10/09/2015 15:33:48 »
I registered on poiscenter 2 days ago but have not received confirmation response yet!!! I hope someone will find my mail between all that spam.

Those guys doing all that spam should be tracked and reported to authorities in the same way that paedophiles are taken care of.

4everfogged --

Poiscenter is setting up a new anti-spam program, so for now it's not possible to register a new account there on your own.

You can send poiscenter's administrator, Daveman, a private message (his email is listed on the registration form that you can find on the site's registration page. Please include the username that you used in your registration email, as well as your personal email address. He'll be able to search for your registration form and unblock it. You'll then receive an email to let you know that your registration has been approved.

Best wishes,
Stef

Offline 4everfogged

• View Profile
« Reply #19932 on: 12/09/2015 14:04:04 »

4everfogged --

Poiscenter is setting up a new anti-spam program, so for now it's not possible to register a new account there on your own.

You can send poiscenter's administrator, Daveman, a private message (his email is listed on the registration form that you can find on the site's registration page. Please include the username that you used in your registration email, as well as your personal email address. He'll be able to search for your registration form and unblock it. You'll then receive an email to let you know that your registration has been approved.

Best wishes,
Stef
Thanks stef

I gave it another try 2 days ago, just by sending another email with a username. Still no response yet, will be patient...

Offline GoingCrazy

• View Profile
« Reply #19933 on: 17/09/2015 01:28:33 »
In detail, what has helped me is I've gone 100% completely gluten-free, along with a few other similar items that I cannot handle properly such as buckwheat, corn and other ingredients even included in some gluten-free foods that I have a negative reaction to, especially in pasta and gf pasta (im still in the process of finding pasta I can eat without bad brain reactions).  These reactions were all heavily "brain" based from bad mood to foggy inflammation-brain like feelings with some intestinal upset, but the brain reactions were much worse.  For me its all about trying it out and seeing if it negatively affects me or not... if it affects me negatively, and I will know within 30 minutes to an hour, I put it on a list of foods I cannot eat.  So this is what has helped me.  If you try it and it works for you than great, but if you do try it you have to try it for at least 3 weeks and than see how you feel.  And when I say 100% I mean 100% gluten-free.  If you want to you can than reintroduce it to your diet and if you feel bad than you may have found something that you should stay away from.  Good luck to everybody.

Congratulations!

How did you figure out that this is what would help you? What was your process? Did you see doctors? Try supplements? How did you get to this?

What exactly is your diet? Is it just gluten-free? Low FODMAP? 4everfogged wrote about eliminating all "starch foods" -- doesn't that mean eliminating all plant foods?

Could you give some examples of the foods that you do eat? An example of what you eat on a typical day?

Yes I can and I would like to start off saying after about 9 years of this I am effectively cured.  I left a huge thing on POIS center just a minute ago so I would encourage you to look at that.

I saw a lot of doctors all to no avail.  In the end it was me that solved this.  The thing that started this was that during POIS as I would refrain from having an O.  I would notive that pasta would make me feel totally like sheot.  No joke very terrible.  So I still couldn't really believe that that is what was causing my POIS so it took me a long time to get started on the diet.  On a typical morning I can eat--- Rice Chex (all of rice chex is gluten free --- Eggs --- Milk --- Gluten free bread (make sure it is made with brown rice flour! not any other crap, for now that is the only "flour" I can handle and it is supposed to be universally tolerated and healthy... again some GF breads contain buckwheat flour, sorghum flour etc. all of which I can't handle... Stick to brown rice flour! --- Bacon --- brown rice flour pancakes --- peaches --- pears --- etc... it all has to be gluten and corn free... 

For lunch I usually have a Gluten Free sandwich made with brown rice flour with chicken, turkey, roast beef, mayonnaise is good --- applesauce --- any combination of GF and CF (gluten free corn free) foods

For dinner really anything GF and CF --- Chicken --- French Fries from McDonalds or Burger King is good and GF --- GRILLED Southwest Salad with the corn and chips removed from McDonalds --- Salad from burger king with GF and CF ingredients --- mashed potatoes --- vegetables --- maybe a REESES mcflurry from mcdonalds is ok --- lol I eat more that McDonalds I'm just thinking of foods I can eat.  --- Burger on brown rice flour bread ---  I can tolerate Doritos TO A DEGREE because it has corn in it but it is still better than eating straight corn... it can cause bad effects especially if a lot are consumed so I would recommend against it.

Again I just left a huge thing on POIS center so I'd encourage you to look at that.

I still eat starchy foods.  Not sure what you mean by FODMAP

Good luck guys!  Please check out my post at pois center!
« Last Edit: 17/09/2015 01:33:05 by GoingCrazy »

Offline Vincent M

• View Profile
« Reply #19934 on: 21/09/2015 18:38:52 »
I cut most wheat out of my diet about 3 weeks ago and started feeling a lot healthier just a few days in. I've been eating rice & beans, meat, potatoes, carrots, eggs, bananas, etc...I'll go into it in more detail if the improvement holds.

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19935 on: 05/10/2015 20:04:18 »

< former Moderator visiting periodically :) >

Just wanted to pop my head in and wish everyone well from POISCenter as I go into surgery this week.

Best wishes to all of you for a POIS-free or at least POIS-reduced 2015/2016 !!

demo

The following users thanked this post: 4everfogged

Offline B_Jim

• View Profile
« Reply #19936 on: 06/10/2015 20:54:29 »
We wish you the best for the surgery and we hope you will go back soon in good shape !

Offline StrattonJonathan

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #19937 on: 07/10/2015 22:35:26 »
You're attempting to force reproductive separation in a compromised way.  Not engaging in sexual activity is a good idea. 

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19938 on: 08/10/2015 02:36:56 »
We wish you the best for the surgery and we hope you will go back soon in good shape !

Thank you, B_Jim!!

Offline Staystrong

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #19939 on: 10/10/2015 06:13:36 »
Hey folks, I haven't been on in a while but I have found a supplement that has almost cured my pois. The only problems I am still having are the post cortial facial pressure and occasional heart palpitations which are cured by a dose of hawthorn berry.  I have been using the kyani health triangle for almost a month and feel so good I decided to become a distributor and see if I could help other pois sufferers. If anyone is interested you can order at this link. newbielink:https://parkerchris.kyani.net [nonactive]

If you are skeptical I will send out free samples, so there is no risk.

Offline abnormal8340

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #19940 on: 10/10/2015 17:41:02 »
hey guys,  during pois i feel lot of heat from inside....followed by  sweating ,increased thrist  and urine yellow in color.Again sometimes i feel rather cool with little shiver....does this happen to everyone....sometimes  hot and sometimes cool.

Offline abnormal8340

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #19941 on: 10/10/2015 18:05:41 »

I know!!! I’ve also been through the same thoughts but there are some techniques that can get that partly under control. I’ve managed to feel much much better during non POIS period, but it’s taken me a lot of effort. If you go through my old posts you will see that my step number one is to live on a diet as healthy as possible, make sure you stick to a routine that gives you enough rest (I’ve been lucky enough to not be working so it’s easier – that’s if I can call this luck cause in reality I’d prefer being continuously employed). It takes a lot of time for your body to come up with results with diet and all the rest. For each different food that you about to eat….give it a thought. For Breakfast eat rather 2 or 3 pieces of fruit cut up and mixed with greek yogurt and 2 table spoons of pure coco powder. Eat loads of veg with fish or chicken for lunch time (0% starch). With whatever is happening inside our body it seems we are unable to process digestion and absorption of starch and unhealthy foods in combination with this adrenaline issue. We are ultra-sensitive to these so called bad foods that worsens our fatigue and then you get all that unnecessary feeling of not being able to stay focused enough as all the irritation that comes with it during the day. Do some daily fast walking in the morning or afternoon. But not too much late in the evening. Make sure you’ve figured out what all you could be allergic too. If you still struggling “heavily” in 2 to 3 months you either not resting enough or you have some other underlying issue. Besides whatever technique’s or pre packs (supplements) you take before and after ejaculation. Some daily vitamins + supplements are also helpful. Avoiding stress also helps loads.

I’ve managed to feel at least 70% or even 80% better off during non POIS as long as I manage to stick to my routine…..there does not seem to be an easier way out….Some do a lot of yoga or meditation but I think that is mainly a stress control technique. If you focus yourself on a healthy routine I believe it can be equally beneficial.
thank you foreverfogged.... i have also changed the diet recently .....turned to veggies and fruits...good improvement is seen on the overall physical appearance....was like a patient earlier  .  moreover the saggy face that comes after is improved ( have also began taking a glass of electrolyte water before and after O , maybe it reduced defydration)....

Offline DEANNX

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #19942 on: 11/10/2015 00:12:05 »
So I did some google searching and I found out that the majority of my pois symptoms are also signs of dehydration(fever, thirst, sagging face, mood disorder,dark eye circles, loss of energy ect. ) Do you think theres a link like somehow orgasim dehydrated us??

Offline B_Jim

• View Profile
« Reply #19943 on: 13/10/2015 14:58:01 »
No, I don't think so.

Offline 4everfogged

• View Profile
« Reply #19944 on: 15/10/2015 20:31:35 »
thank you foreverfogged.... i have also changed the diet recently .....turned to veggies and fruits...good improvement is seen on the overall physical appearance....was like a patient earlier  .  moreover the saggy face that comes after is improved ( have also began taking a glass of electrolyte water before and after O , maybe it reduced defydration)....

Hi abnormal8340

Glad to hear you have improvements with diet change. Sounds like your symtoms severity are changing location from head to body from your previous post.

Offline John21

• View Profile
« Reply #19945 on: 20/10/2015 23:39:59 »
Here are my (out of range) results from a heavy metals urine test:
Unprovoked:
Mercury => High Normal
Nickel    => Very High
Lead     =>  Normal

Provoked:
Mercury => High
Nickel    => Very High
Lead     => High

Has anyone else here had this test done? I am seriously considering if POIS might be related to heavy metals. Perhaps at orgasm the body dumps a massave amount of stored heavy metals into circulation, causing our symptoms.  Maybe the foods that have helped POIS have done so by assisting in chelation. I personally have found reduction in symptoms from eating garlic, spinach, and blueberries. Garlic is definitely a chelator, maybe the others are somehow as well. There is one particular event in my life that stands out as possible evidence of this theory. One night after I had sex I ended up sleeping in a car on a hot summer night. In the morning it was roasting hot with the sun beaming on me. That day on waking my diplopia was gone and I had no POIS. So how could that be related to heavy metals? Well,  sweating is one of the ways that the body eliminates toxins. If this theory is correct it could be exactly what we all need to prevent the POIS symptoms, to sweat alot! 

I am going to begin chelation before long. I will post if my diplopia or insomnia improves. I will not be able to analyze any POIS effects as I am chase , but I do recommend the sweating idea to anyone who is suffering with POIS.

Note to BJim: Taurine, which has helped you,  is often used in chelation. Just a thought.
« Last Edit: 21/10/2015 01:04:56 by John21 »

Offline kurtosis

• View Profile
« Reply #19946 on: 23/10/2015 13:49:14 »
Here are my (out of range) results from a heavy metals urine test:
Unprovoked:
Mercury => High Normal
Nickel    => Very High
Lead     =>  Normal

Provoked:
Mercury => High
Nickel    => Very High
Lead     => High

Has anyone else here had this test done? I am seriously considering if POIS might be related to heavy metals. Perhaps at orgasm the body dumps a massave amount of stored heavy metals into circulation, causing our symptoms.  Maybe the foods that have helped POIS have done so by assisting in chelation. I personally have found reduction in symptoms from eating garlic, spinach, and blueberries. Garlic is definitely a chelator, maybe the others are somehow as well. There is one particular event in my life that stands out as possible evidence of this theory. One night after I had sex I ended up sleeping in a car on a hot summer night. In the morning it was roasting hot with the sun beaming on me. That day on waking my diplopia was gone and I had no POIS. So how could that be related to heavy metals? Well,  sweating is one of the ways that the body eliminates toxins. If this theory is correct it could be exactly what we all need to prevent the POIS symptoms, to sweat alot! 

I am going to begin chelation before long. I will post if my diplopia or insomnia improves. I will not be able to analyze any POIS effects as I am chase , but I do recommend the sweating idea to anyone who is suffering with POIS.

Note to BJim: Taurine, which has helped you,  is often used in chelation. Just a thought.

Several POISers who sent me their medical results had low glutathione. Glutathione is increased by unblocking the methylation cycle, consuming methylated folates, N-Acetyl Cysteine and other methyl donors such as sulphur-containing amino acids like taurine, methionine & its derivative SAM-e.  Glutathione binds to heavy metals and enables their excretion.

What I've often wondered is if some POIS sufferers have consistently exposure to heavy metals as a result of their lifestyles, pollution, diet or if the heavy metal exposure is normal but our glutathione production is too low leading to heavy metal buildup. Either way, if you have low glutathione you're likely to have increased levels of heavy metals (even with average exposure from amalgam fillings etc.) and vice versa as heavy metals deplete the body's glutathione. The less efficiently you produce glutathione, the more likely you become deficient.

People with chronically low glutathione, such as in glutathione synthase deficiency where the enzyme that produces glutathione directly is inefficient, often have a range of neurological symptoms including poor coordination, speech problems, concentration and memory problems and even seizures. They may also suffer from recurrent infections, including on the skin.

There are many many articles published online about Glutathione depletion and heavy metals but some of the most interesting ones are those by Dr. Martin Pall who links it to Multiple Chemical Sensitivity and the late Rich Van Konynenburg on the Phoenix Rising ME/CFS forum. Rich was a very decent man and extremely helpful to anyone who asked him questions about his theories. You can read a bit about them here. http://phoenixrising.me/treating-cfs-chronic-fatigue-syndrome-me/treating-chronic-fatigue-syndrome-mecfs-glutathione-and-the-methylation-cycle

Offline B_Jim

• View Profile
« Reply #19947 on: 24/10/2015 19:53:59 »
Very interesing. Anyway my heavy metals test is negative. It's important to start chelation to clean these metals. And it's a big hope for your Pois and general health.

The positive effect I get with taurine was too quick compared to a long time of chelation process .

I wonder if positive heavy metals couldn't be more a consequence than a cause.

People with chronically low glutathione, such as in glutathione synthase deficiency where the enzyme that produces glutathione directly is inefficient, often have a range of neurological symptoms including poor coordination, speech problems, concentration and memory problems and even seizures.

Do we have documents on this ?

Ok, your source is wikipedia.
Interesting to see glutathion is present in sperm (as a defender, when decreased it reduces fertility).
And glutathion synthetase deficiency is poorly sourced.

The negative point is glutathion deficiency seems linked to low red cells count. In my cases red cells parameters are strong close to up limit.

« Last Edit: 25/10/2015 06:52:04 by B_Jim »

Offline John21

• View Profile
« Reply #19948 on: 25/10/2015 09:13:56 »
Very interesing. Anyway my heavy metals test is negative. It's important to start chelation to clean these metals. And it's a big hope for your Pois and general health.

What type of analysis did you have done for heavy metals? Hair or urine ?

Offline B_Jim

• View Profile
« Reply #19949 on: 25/10/2015 13:40:57 »
It was an urine test.
I find there are many elements with glutathions.
What about glutathion deficiency after orgasm ?
« Last Edit: 26/10/2015 07:18:42 by B_Jim »

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #19949 on: 25/10/2015 13:40:57 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums