The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome (POIS)  (Read 6433418 times)

Offline kurtosis

• View Profile
Re: Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome (POIS)
« Reply #19950 on: 26/10/2015 15:26:25 »
Glutathione Syntethase Deficiency is described on the NIH website at [/size]http://ghr.nlm.nih.gov/condition/glutathione-synthetase-deficiency[/color][/size]NORD would know more about it.Here's more info http://www.orpha.net/consor4.01/www/cgi-bin/OC_Exp.php?lng=EN&Expert=32My point wasn't really to talk about GSD as that's a super rare disorder. It's more to understand that a chronic genetic disease that renders someone unable to function could give pointers in trying to understand a less severe condition that has periodic and/or consequential effects on enzymes, hormones etc. which produce similar symptoms. The chronic condition may produce other symptoms and testable biological markers (e.g. low red blood cell count) that are not applicable in a non-chronic condition where there are refractory periods and where there is enough glutathione to prevent chronic damage of red blood cells by ROS while not giving so much that other detoxification mechanisms, or indeed the oxidative burst used by white blood cells to kill pathogens, can take place effectively.

Offline kurtosis

• View Profile
« Reply #19951 on: 26/10/2015 15:28:11 »
Apologies for the formatting problems. For whatever reason, the site isn't displaying properly in my browser today. Looks like there was an update of the forum software and there's a few glitches.

Offline B_Jim

• post ejaculation tiredness, fatigue after orgasm
    • View Profile
« Reply #19952 on: 26/10/2015 21:16:18 »
e.g. low red blood cell count

It is the point that make me think it may be a wrong way.
« Last Edit: 27/10/2015 07:17:22 by B_Jim »

Offline pois_poster

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #19953 on: 28/10/2015 15:20:36 »
try this
prostatitis.org/doityourself.html

theory is prostate infection can not be cured by antibiotics, so you have to cleanse it yourself...

Offline John21

• View Profile
« Reply #19954 on: 29/10/2015 00:04:01 »
e.g. low red blood cell count
It is the point that make me think it may be a wrong way.

That sounds logical but I still am intrigued by the idea that sweating might have prevented my POIS that one particular time and eliminated my other symptoms. It might be a good test for someone to simply use a sauna post-sex to see if it reduces or eliminates POIS with the theory that it might allow the body to eliminate what is disturbing it.

Offline pois_poster

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #19955 on: 29/10/2015 15:52:46 »
i have ordered some Glutathione and im gonna try it...

Offline Biologyguy

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #19956 on: 13/11/2015 02:28:56 »
Hello, This is my first post to this and somehow any forum so if I violate some rules or something please let me know. Anyway I also suffer from POIS and have viewed this forum a few times over the past few years.
Feel free to ask me any questions as I don't know if this is the appropriate place/way to vomit information or talk about my experiences.

I am wondering if anyone with POIS (other than myself) has had any sort of DNA sequencing/testing done and thought about somehow using some sort of comparison to see if there may be some correlation between certain genetic sequences and us POIS sufferers?

Offline Vincent M

• View Profile
« Reply #19957 on: 30/11/2015 07:22:14 »
Feel free to ask me any questions as I don't know if this is the appropriate place/way to vomit information or talk about my experiences.

Go ahead and share your symptoms and any remedies you've found to help you. Hypotheses are also welcome, but I don't find those as interesting. The only thing I can think of as far as rules is to avoid trying to advertise anything.

Offline John21

• View Profile
« Reply #19958 on: 05/12/2015 16:26:24 »
I had the chance to test my idea that simple sweating might assist in preventing POIS.  What I did was to eat a greasy supper (something I don't usually recommend) , then following orgasm I ensured that I sweated a lot. I did this by putting on layers with a nylon jacket to block air escaping and did a bunch of physical work for a while.  It is something you might feel a bit silly doing but I think it may be beneficial. I ate the greasy meal because I was trying to replicate a situation in the past when my health improved dramatically following sex ( Ate pizza, had sex, then slept in a car and woke up roasting hot in the summer morning).  The result this time was that I did not have any POIS as it would occur in the past. The only thing I had was that later in the week I seemed to have a heightened stress level.  I am thinking that maybe this method holds potential and I would be interested to know the results of anyone else trying it. My thinking is that following orgasm our bodies are struggling with something toxic that it simply wants to eliminate, and that sweating allows it to occur quickly. One potential toxin could be heavy metals that are stored in "sexual" areas of the brain or sex organs that are brought into circulation when that area is activated.  It may sound farfetched but I think it is worth investigation. If the greasy meal actually helped perhaps the saturated fat acted as a means of a carrier to be expelled by the skin. I prefer to stay chaste now but if I did it again I would put more focus on sweating even more the day of orgasm, and maybe even days following. A sauna would be another good means of forcing the body to sweat.

Offline John21

• View Profile
« Reply #19959 on: 06/12/2015 22:25:38 »
It occurs to me that if this idea pans out it might work for an entirely different reason. It may be that heating the skin enables a bacteria or virus to be killed similar to what happens when we get a cold or flu. If this is the case a sauna following sex might be best as it probably raises up the skin temperature more than simply working up a sweat would.

Offline acronym

• View Profile
« Reply #19960 on: 06/12/2015 23:02:45 »
Here are my (out of range) results from a heavy metals urine test:
Unprovoked:
Mercury => High Normal
Nickel    => Very High
Lead     =>  Normal

This was something I used to wonder about as well. I had all my mercury amalgams removed many years back and it never made any difference to my POIs. I have also had a provoked heavy metal urine test and I did not score high on any of the toxic metals. It would have been good if I did as it would have given me something concrete to work on, like you now have. Heavy metals did not show up in my hair analysis except for titanium which was really high (likely from teflon frypans which I dont use anymore).

Given what I have read up about the chemical cascade that takes place during orgasm, I would be surprised that heavy metals would be involved. I dare say there are plenty more people effected by heavy metals than there are of us with pois. I would have thought pois would be a mainstream symptom of chronic low level HM poisoning if it was.

It is possible that the heavy metals are effecting you/us by say blocking key enzymes from working. Maybe certain enzymes that help break down excess catecholamines are inhibited because say mercury/nickel is blocking say zinc/manganese from activating them.

Yes garlic is a chelator but I dont think blueberries or spinach is. I feel a bit better on garlic and blueberries (but nothing to rave about) but not spinach. Heavy metal toxicity can effect your digestive system however. Changing your diet may help you excrete the HM better and that is maybe why you feel better. Your unprovoked HM readings were on the high side, so it would seem your body is disposing of them which is a good thing. An unprovoked HM urine test that shows no heavy metals is not necessary a great result as they can be locked up in organs/tissues. From reading chronic health forums such as PheonixRising you will find that HM especially mercury can cause gut issues for people. It is also associated with parasites so for some of us who dont feel so bad on a restricted clean (no sugar low carb) diet it is because we are reducing parasites and bad gut bacteria load which (maybe exacerbated by mercury exposure). I feel improvement taking chlorella which is a chelator but also helps detox bad gut bacteria toxic byproducts.

No idea on hot car event. Have you ever tried saunas?  They help you detox. Give it a go for a couple of weeks and see. The thing about releasing and mobilizing HM is that you can also feel bad so I would be a little surprised if someone with high HM felt instantly wonderful after taking one sauna/hot car sleep, but maybe.

I did some saunas and I thought they helped me a bit (nothing to rave about) but because I was underweight they really drained me. My head tends to feel hot and I definitely feel better with pois in winter or on cold days or walking in the cold section of supermarket, so I dont do saunas. I remember Demo saying something similar about the cold for him.

Reducing your mercury load should definitely improve your sleep. Not sure on Nickel. How would you have exposure to nickel?  Did you ever do a hair analysis?

I have not read of Taurine being used in chelation but I think it improves bile so that would help with HM detox. I have had improvement in my health recently (reduction in brain fog) from taking the mineral molybdenum. It is used in some key enzymes that break down toxic byproducts of candida and also other compounds like formaldehyde and alcohol. I had higher than normal exposure to formaldehyde around the time I got pois. My pois improved on it (I wanted to test it longer before mentioning on here) but that aspect seems to have worn off, but I switched to a different form, so I am going to go back to the original brand now.

Offline acronym

• View Profile
« Reply #19961 on: 06/12/2015 23:19:48 »
i have ordered some Glutathione and im gonna try it...
I have read that oral glutathione has poor absorption in the gut. If you don't notice much it maybe be because of this. If so then give NAC a try, which helps build your production of glutathione.
At one stage I had glutathione IV injections from my CFS doctor. I felt so wiped out on them. I would have to lie down in the clinic or backseat of my car afterwards for a couple of hours.I don't know why I had such a bad reaction, but have read of some other people also not reacting well to it.

Offline John21

• View Profile
« Reply #19962 on: 07/12/2015 11:09:38 »
acronym, thanks for your thoughts. I think the nickel exposure was due to using pure nickel guitar strings. I'm guessing that the nickel powder got on my fingers which was then ingested by eating something like sunflower seeds or maybe by holding the guitar pick in my mouth. I am now being careful not to hold the pick this way and to wash my hands after playing. I also used to eat way lots of spinach which is high in nickel, maybe that contributed.

Offline LupeNL

• View Profile
« Reply #19963 on: 10/12/2015 20:15:35 »

This was something I used to wonder about as well. I had all my mercury amalgams removed many years back and it never made any difference to my POIs. I have also had a provoked heavy metal urine test and I did not score high on any of the toxic metals. It would have been good if I did as it would have given me something concrete to work on, like you now have. Heavy metals did not show up in my hair analysis except for titanium which was really high (likely from teflon frypans which I dont use anymore).

I've preached about mercury couple of times already on this board. Since the topic emerged, I thought I cut in again...

The thing with mercury is not as simple as having your amalgams removed and feeling a difference. It happens very rarely and sometimes people feel even worse after removal as it was done unsafely and significant exposure occured during the drilling out. If you really take the time to read scientific studies about mercury, you will discover that mercury is EXTREMELY TOXIC. It's so overlooked how toxic it is. Seriously, it doesn't even compare to lead, nickel or aluminium which are dangerous by themselves.

Also, it's scientifically proven that mercury goes inside your tissues and stays there forever if not chelated. That's why it's so difficult to trace with medical test. Blood and urine tests are irrelevant. Hair test can be helpful in a way that it can detect deranged mineral transport caused by mercury, but level of mercury would stilll be low on the test.

Here's Boyd Haley talking about mercury in hair and relation to autism:
youtube.com/watch?v=anirpRdz8I8

Many autistic children have problems with sexual hormones, very low or very high libido. Autism itself is an extreme manifestation of many chronic, systemic problems. POIS is one of the many weird problems resulting from fundamental dysregulation

Yes garlic is a chelator but I dont think blueberries or spinach is. I feel a bit better on garlic and blueberries (but nothing to rave about) but not spinach.

Garlic is not the chelator. Neither are blueberries or spinach. Garlic is sulfury and has thiols, which are compounds binding mercury however not strong enough to result in excretion. Many mercury toxic people are sensitive to high-thiol foods without realizing it. The reason is thiol sensitivity is very tricky. You can feel very good for few hours after eating a thiol containing food due to mercury being bound. Then comes the downside when mercury is unbound again and redistribution occurs. Since most people eat high thiol foods daily there's no way of recognizing it and it's a constant vicious circle. More on thiols:

livingnetwork.co.za/chelationnetwork/food/high-sulfur-sulphur-food-list/

I'm convinced that POIS is casued by mercury. Since I discovered that I'm thiol-sensitive and restricted my diet significantly MY POIS IS GONE and I'm orgasming daily without any issues. As soon as I eat a piece of high-thiol food all the symptoms are back, however not nearly as bad as they were initialy thanks to chelation protocol I've been doing since few months. It may take some time but based on the progress already I'm certain I will declare a final victory.

P.

Offline B_Jim

• View Profile
« Reply #19964 on: 11/12/2015 20:43:57 »
Sorry, I missed your last posts. I"m interrested because I take taurine against Pois and which is a final product of cysteine metabolism. As I wrote my urine test is negative.

But I never made the link between methylation products and mercury. It makes me think something else.

Offline B_Jim

• View Profile
« Reply #19965 on: 11/12/2015 20:50:15 »
I make a second post because I don't know if both can be linked.

I remember I posted a link of the Gulf War syndrome.
(wikipedia)

Symptoms :
chronic symptoms have been linked to it, including fatigue, muscle pain, cognitive problems, rashes and diarrhea

But there is a specific point of this disease called "burning semen syndrome" . I remember some guys described Pois symptoms.

Burning semen :

Now the Martins no longer have sex; after intercourse, Kim experiences cramps and a burning sensation: when her husband's semen touches her skin, she told Redbook, it feels "like it was on fire."1 Doctors have been unable to find organic causes for any of the Martin's problems.

Pois-like :
In Barrington, Illinois, the Albuck family is also suffering. Gulf War veteran Troy has fatigue, muscle soreness, swollen joints, and headaches, diarrhea, and bleeding gums. His wife, Kelli has hearing problems, migraines, and attacks of pelvic inflammatory disease. She reports that her husband's semen is a toxic substance that "causes sores--blisters which actually open and bleed."

Why your posts abour mercury made me think to Gulf War Syndrome ? Because some guys think GWS = mercury poisoning.
« Last Edit: 11/12/2015 21:06:05 by B_Jim »

Offline LupeNL

• View Profile
« Reply #19966 on: 12/12/2015 21:47:05 »
Sorry, I missed your last posts. I"m interrested because I take taurine against Pois and which is a final product of cysteine metabolism. As I wrote my urine test is negative.

But I never made the link between methylation products and mercury. It makes me think something else.

Methylation is very often impaired in mercury poisoned people. Taurine is one of the recommended supplements in Cutler's chelation protocol as it helps the liver to produce bile. Bile flow is needed to excrete mercury. However taurine by itself won't release mercury from the tissues, you need to take proper chelators in proper intervals that respect their half-lifes and minimize redistribution.

Why your posts abour mercury made me think to Gulf War Syndrome ? Because some guys think GWS = mercury poisoning.

In the previous post I pasted link to the video where dr Haley mentions that Gulf War Syndrome was indeed caused by vaccines with mercury given to soldiers. On the mercury boards there are people reporting POIS symptoms and many different hormonal problems in general. Some of them are really rare and weird. They go away with persistent chelation 

Offline B_Jim

• View Profile
« Reply #19967 on: 13/12/2015 07:42:23 »
I agree with these elements. And I can add I made an anti-tetanus vaccine 20-25 years ago with possible mercury component just before my Pois start. Maybe coincidence maybe not.
And I can add I often had the same problem of "burning semen" as gulf war veterans. Especially after NE episodes, my skin became red.

The problem is it doen't match at all with my taurine experience.
The effects of taurine are immediate and it doesn't match with a chelation process, longer.
All happens as if orgasm or sperm regeneration triggers methylation and then inflammation which is blocked by taurine supplements.
The other negative point is I found testimonies on the internet of guys complaining of "burning semen symptom" but without any other syptoms, Pois or not.
« Last Edit: 13/12/2015 07:45:53 by B_Jim »

Offline LupeNL

• View Profile
« Reply #19968 on: 13/12/2015 11:10:41 »
I agree with these elements. And I can add I made an anti-tetanus vaccine 20-25 years ago with possible mercury component just before my Pois start. Maybe coincidence maybe not.

I recommend to see "Trace Amounts" movie (traceamounts.vhx.tv) - story of a person who got poisoned by tetanus shot and initiated his own investigation on mercury.

But it's not only vaccines. You can be exposed through vaporing amalgams in your own mouth (or in your mother's mouth during pregnancy), broken fluorescent lightbulbs, broken thermometers or even eating tuna can daily.

The problem is it doen't match at all with my taurine experience.
The effects of taurine are immediate and it doesn't match with a chelation process, longer.
All happens as if orgasm or sperm regeneration triggers methylation and then inflammation which is blocked by taurine supplements.

I'm not really sure what you mean about taurine not matching chelation. Those are two different things. Chelation is the key. Taurine is only support, not essential to get healthy. It improves bile flow, improve magnesium absorption, helps you think clearly by reducing anxiety - no wonder it helps with your symptoms. However the fundamental problem is still there.

The other negative point is I found testimonies on the internet of guys complaining of "burning semen symptom" but without any other syptoms, Pois or not.

This is another thing that makes mercury so tricky. It can affect you in multiple ways with different combination of symptoms. Each case is different. E.g. It can make your libido uncomfortably high, but it can also make it non existent. It can make you sweating like crazy or not sweating at all. One can be intolerant to eating grains, others to eating meat. As I mentioned, some of the symptoms are very rare and weird.

The are reasons for this variety: age of exposure, your general level of health at the time of exposure, combination of other exposures (lead, aluminium, cadmium), organs where mercury is stored (brain, liver, heart, intestines etc.)

I know it's hard to believe that mercury can be responsible for all those things, but the truth is all of them are reported to go away with chelation. Reason why it's not popular and common knowledge is that chelation is not easy and takes time. It requires some faith in the process, where there may be no progress for a long time but actually worsening of symptoms just to have your health finally back after 1-2 years

Offline acronym

• View Profile
« Reply #19969 on: 18/12/2015 05:46:02 »
In the previous post I pasted link to the video where dr Haley mentions that Gulf War Syndrome was indeed caused by vaccines with mercury given to soldiers. On the mercury boards there are people reporting POIS symptoms and many different hormonal problems in general. Some of them are really rare and weird. They go away with persistent chelation 
I've read up a bit on GWS and did not think Mercury poisoning was the number 1 culprit in their case, but one of numerous toxic substances those soldiers were exposed to at various times. I think its an absolute disgrace how many of those soldiers medical complaints were dismissed and spun back on them (malingerers, mental issues) by the army and its medical teams and would seem the media as well. Soldiers are all loved as heroes (even if they man drones)  in the US but post war triumph, when they are unwell or complaining its a bit of a different story then I gather. At least now their condition is getting recognition but how many damn years and victim case reports and studies did it take!!

I'm surprised the specialists cannot identify the substance in the ex-solders semen that is burning them & their wives/gfs. While someone else here mentions burning sensation as part of pois, that has never been an issue with me.

Anyway Lupe, can I ask what protocol are you following for your mercury detox?
That is fantastic new you are getting noticeable results - especially with your pois. If it was not for pois would you have ever guessed you had metal issues?   

I was first born so would have got the biggest dose of HM from my mother. Given no issues in hair analysis or DMSA challenge urine test I don't think my doctor would prescribe me chelators. My best best would be long term low level detox with alpha lipoic acid + other support supps I'd say.

The American Dental Association - there is no risk to a patients heath what so ever when it comes to mercury fillings. When the dentist removes them, different story...suddenly its now considered a toxic biohazard waste substance has to be disposed of with utmost care in an EPA regulated procedure.
« Last Edit: 18/12/2015 05:53:19 by acronym »

Offline Thebox

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19970 on: 18/12/2015 10:30:20 »
Thank you for posting this here , a very interesting story. I am not a doctor or a mental health expert but would like to offer an opinion.
I have not read the entire thread as to not influence my opinion in any way.

From what I have gathered of the thread, you are in suffering and feeling  a pain disorder.

''People with pain disorder (link is external)experience pain that medical doctors cannot explain. A person may distinctly feel a throbbing backache, yet doctor after doctor cannot give a physical reason for it. Clinicians conclude that these patientsí pain stems from their psyches rather than physical conditions. We know of course the mind is intertwined with the body. If there are no structural reasons for a backache, like a slipped disk or muscle injury, pain may originate in an active perception by the mind (i.e. nervous system) as opposed to passive reception of content. ''

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-superhuman-mind/201409/feeling-pain-is-not-there

This pain disorder is activated after ejaculation, your action being the trigger to activate the neural messages telling you there is pain there.

A sort of temporary  ''bipolar trigger''

''Psychotic symptoms in bipolar disorder can reflect your mood. For example, if you are in a manic episode you may believe that you have special powers or are on a special mission. If you are in a depressive episode, you may feel extremely guilty about something you think you have done. You may feel that you are worse than anybody else or feel that you don't exist. You can find out more about psychosis''

I do not want to pry into your history, but when you was young before puberty or in early puberty was there anything in your life you sore, heard or was bullied about that could have left a subconscious guilt that is activated by the trigger?

Does the problem persist if you get extremely drunk and then activate the illness?

Offline LupeNL

• View Profile
« Reply #19971 on: 19/12/2015 22:19:37 »
Anyway Lupe, can I ask what protocol are you following for your mercury detox?

I'm following dr Andrew Hall Cutler's Protocol of frequent low dose chelation. ALA every 3 hours for 3 days and then 3-4 days break with 4 core supplements - vit C, magnesium, zinc and vitamin E. There are other protocols with chlorella, cilantro or IV chelation. However those are very risky and can cause major redistribution of mercury to different organs. Cutler's protocol is designed in a way to minimize redistribution through giving low doses and keeping the stable level of chelator in the blood.

That is fantastic new you are getting noticeable results - especially with your pois. If it was not for pois would you have ever guessed you had metal issues? 

Thanks, acronym. This is great question. The answer is no. Actually I would have never figure out it's mercury if my health wouldn't go downhill 3 years ago (major food allergies, sleep problems, anxiety, loss of weight etc.). I had POIS long before that (and some other minor problems) and only later I connected the dots. This also required long time convincing from users on other boards, so I'm not surprised that people here are sceptic about my theory. I'm trying to find right arguments, so that some of you can avoid what I've been through and hit the core of the problem right away.

I was first born so would have got the biggest dose of HM from my mother. Given no issues in hair analysis or DMSA challenge urine test I don't think my doctor would prescribe me chelators. My best best would be long term low level detox with alpha lipoic acid + other support supps I'd say.   

Chelators can be ordered through internet. I would really recommend to try out Cutler's protocol and see if there's any difference in how you feel on ALA, which would strongly suggest that mercury is an issue.

Offline John21

• View Profile
« Reply #19972 on: 22/12/2015 00:26:00 »
Chelators can be ordered through internet. I would really recommend to try out Cutler's protocol and see if there's any difference in how you feel on ALA, which would strongly suggest that mercury is an issue.

Can you give detail on this? How might one feel while taking the ALA if it is chelating mercury?

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19973 on: 23/12/2015 21:56:01 »
<former Moderator visiting periodically>

Best wishes from POISCenter.com

The following users thanked this post: John21

Offline chris

• Neilep Level Member
  • The Naked Scientist
    • View Profile
    • The Naked Scientists
« Reply #19974 on: 01/01/2016 13:12:45 »
-semen is rich in catecholamines

Perhaps, but those are quite remote (anatomically and synthetically) from what goes on in the brain...

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #19974 on: 01/01/2016 13:12:45 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums