The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome (POIS)  (Read 6460304 times)

Offline DAZ

• First timers
    • View Profile
Re: Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome (POIS)
« Reply #20050 on: 01/10/2016 17:26:48 »
This is My first post
I am 24 and I have been dealing with POIS for about 10 years or so (since i first noticed it)

I am using BIOGLAN Supergreens powder
I am using centrum multivitamin
I am also using Niacin B3
to try and deal with my POIS

I think they have all helped to a certain degree and i would at least recommend that if you are struggling you should buy niacin because there are quite a few people that have said they have experienced positive results from using it

check out link 1 in the attachment

the link above is from the pois center
it is a compilation of various niacin user feedbacks. Basically different people talking about their experience with niacin for POIS
you can also find link 1 by simply typing "niacin POIS" into google it should be the first link that comes up from poiscenter

I bought my niacin from SOLGAR and it is the 500MG niacin so you will experience flush when you take it
but flush is simply a result of increased blood flow it is nothing to be worried about in fact i like it.

p.s. there are two types of niacin
      you want the one with nicotinic acid in it which causes flush not the other no flush niacin
  please check out link 2 in the attachment for more information on the two types of niacin::::::

you can find link 2 by simply typing into google "Don't be fooled by no-flush niacin" it should be the first link by chealth.canoe

p.s. I would have pasted the URL of the web pages instead of the attachment but the site doesnt seem to allow me post external links

Finding a site like this really made a big difference for me because you dont feel so alone
I hope this information helps somebody the way this forum helped me

Much Love

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20051 on: 08/10/2016 21:03:50 »
When an Orgasm Can Destroy Your Life

For men with the rare disorder Post-Orgasmic Illness Syndrome, orgasms can lead to days of physical and psychological misery

https://melmagazine.com/these-guys-will-do-anything-to-avoid-coming-279fc4eb1a8b?source=linkShare-898c3474bb43-1478806423

The writer interviewed forum POISers and did his homework on POIS studies.
« Last Edit: 12/11/2016 16:08:17 by demografx »

Offline akt1

• View Profile
« Reply #20053 on: 15/10/2016 19:31:18 »
Hi you guys,

Still wondering here if amino acids may have something to do with pois.. or rather, the deficiencey of amino acids.

Amino acids aid in recovery, and have calming qualities for the body.
I feel a lot better if i take whey protein after working out, in fact i take it every day, and i feel calmer in general. especially in combination
with a vitamin b complex.
Maybe you get anxiety and adrenal fatigue from amino acids deficiency.. making the body not able to deal with os?

Here is a discussion where people have managed to cure their general anxiety with magneisum , vitamin bs and an amino acid complex:
Google "Amino Acids and Magnesium cured my Anxiety"

Best regards
akt1

Offline acronym

• View Profile
« Reply #20054 on: 18/10/2016 00:41:19 »
I'd be surprised if its a deficiency of amino acids. Quite a few of us do has digestive issues though. My doctor did a urine test looking for amino acid deficiencies since I had a lot of trouble putting on weight and my amino acid profile came out fine...disappointingly, though that does not mean my enzymes are using them properly. I do feel a bit better on tyrosine during the day and tryptophan at night, but I dont think the cause of pois, but help with dopamine & serotonin.

I have food intolerances  so cant take whey, nor egg protein, nor pea protein. I take hemp protein, and eat fish chicken beef & liver. The fact you feel better taking protein after working out, I'm sure lots of gym goers could say the same as it helps with recovery. Someone low in serotonin would get anxiety (not the only cause) so taking in extra amino acids could help with that, especially trytophan. Trytophan does get partially blocked by some of the large amino acids, so a separate supplement taken away from a meal would result in higher levels than say a roast chicken dinner. Trytophan also converts to Niacin in the body by an anzyme.  The problem for some of us may be insufficient key enzymes and not lack of protein.

Magnesium definitely helps me with anxiety and is a worthwhile supplement for poisers. Are we deficient in magnesium or just need more due to pios ramping up anxiety. I suspect its the later and is just treating a symptom rather than a key cause for pois, given that most of the population is supposed to be not getting enough Mg in their diet.

Offline John21

• View Profile
« Reply #20055 on: 19/10/2016 17:30:09 »
Update: I had another NE a few weeks ago and had POIS symptoms again, to me I imagine it to be like a pressure increase somewhere in the body. Perhaps like if cerebrospinal fluid pressure is increased, or if something is swollen in the groin area putting pressure on a nerve. So my previously mentioned improvement from Elderberry is now dubious.

I should mention something that helps my sleep. I take turmeric capsules and B12 before bed each night and this seems to help my general mental health. But I have found that taking dandelion before bed will allow me to sleep longer through the night. Dandelion is a diuretic and it seems like reducing body water might lessen pressure somewhere in the body. I am now taking it in the morning and at night (about 1/2ml - about 15 -20 drops of tincture).

Offline acronym

• View Profile
« Reply #20056 on: 22/10/2016 01:43:52 »
I should mention something that helps my sleep. I take turmeric capsules and B12 before bed each night and this seems to help my general mental health. But I have found that taking dandelion before bed will allow me to sleep longer through the night. Dandelion is a diuretic and it seems like reducing body water might lessen pressure somewhere in the body. I am now taking it in the morning and at night (about 1/2ml - about 15 -20 drops of tincture).
Interesting that B12 helps you with sleep as its generally known as an energiser supplement. Its an important vitamin for mental health. Some people need to take the methylated sublingual form. Liver is a good source of B12 and that maybe one of the reasons I feel good after eating a meal with it. Dandelion is a diuretic but also known as a blood cleanser tonic herb. I actually feel better with licorice extract which has the opposite effect  - fluid retention at higher doses. A great herb for sleep is hops, but it also has estrogenic properties. If you have not tried melatonin tabs definitely give them a go, and valerian is a good sleep herb. 'Deep' sleep definitely helps with pois recovery

Offline John21

• View Profile
« Reply #20057 on: 23/10/2016 10:46:10 »
Acronym, B12 helps my overall mental health but I don't think it has any effect on my sleep. I just happen to take it with my turmeric which I like to take before bed as it seems to help with sleep a little. But I definitely noticed an improvement of duration of sleep with dandelion.

Offline NakedDoc

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #20058 on: 05/11/2016 06:52:17 »
I am a 24 year old finalist medical student and have been struggling with "POIS" or "PEIS" (Post Ejaculation Illness Syndrome) since I was 17 i.e the first time I masturbated.
I am a very sharp minded person and used to be top of my class since Primary school.
I experienced my first wet dream the first year of my Secondary school and started masturbating in my third year.
I remember the first time I masturbated, I was to sit for an end of term exam the following day. I greatly enjoyed the pleasure I got from masturbating but I didn't know what was going to follow 1-2 hours later.
I felt confused, heavy headed, cloud minded at first, then fatigue and burning eyes creeped in, I thought it was a nornal experience so I just took a nap and thought I would be back to my normal energy when I woke up, but I was shoked to find myself in the same state as before.
I couldn't retain whatever I read that day for my exam, I panicked.
The next day (during the exam) I was confused, I used to be a beast in mathematics but calculations were not flowing the way they used to be. I just felt like I wanted to sleep in the exam room. I eventually emerged the fourth person in class instead of the usual first position.
It took me about a month to discover that ejaculation was the cause of  my study misery.
I remember when used to search on why masturbation impaired memory but all I found was that too much masturbation had a toll on concentration for everyone, so I thought everyone experienced it.
I had to schedule my ejaculations only for Fridays or Saturdays evenings as I didn't have to go to school the following day which is usually the worst with symptoms. I did it in the evenings as my entire day would be ruined if I did it during the day.
I could not restrict nocturnal emissions though. My experience with nocturnal emissions was that I still had POIS but it's milder and the brain fog usually takes about a day to fully resolve as opposed to post masturbation which usually would take about 5-7 days.
I eventually completed my secondary school with high grades after strictly scheduling my ejaculations and was lucky to join the medical school. I have an understanding sexual partner, I don't experience any erectile dysfunction or premature ejaculation and I have a good intravaginal ejaculation latency time. We schedule our sex episodes only at times when there was a little study burden and not when exams are around the corner.
I know the time will come when she might be fed up as we only do "it" when I want.
I am not a fan of medications as no drugs are "safe". Each and every drug has it's own cluster of side effects.
I personally support the autoimmune hypothesis, where autoantibodies against seminal or prostatic fluid cross react with self antigens in our cells, the likes of Acute Rheumatic Fever or SLE.
An oral corticosteroid, dexamethasone seems to be doing the job for me, just by reducing the severity and duration of the symptoms but not fully relieving them immediately.
I'm sorry for such a long post, I'm glad to have found this forum and would be happy to help every one suffering from this syndrome.

Offline Adolfin

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #20059 on: 06/11/2016 11:35:03 »
Recurrent bacterial infection + reactive arthritis = POIS

Explains everything i can recall about pois.
Why niacin helps, why T helps, why injection of semen helps, why yoga helps, why diclofenac helps. Symptoms, onset and recovery. Brain fog, speech problems. I do remember thinking that bones in my neck are somewhat large, while i was frequently masturbating. And the cracking and general stiffness. All symptoms can happen from reactive arthritis. Why i get weird pimples on my shoulders when it gets worse, why red eyes, its explained.

Reactive arthritis is quite different from reumatoid arhtritis. It is systemic and onset is very fast. It is caused(not triggered) by bacterial infections. So the only assumption that is made is that when bacterias are hidden symptoms are mild, with ejaculation they get everywhere and trigger flare. In people who have chronic form of it, doctors found bacterias(like chlamydia) in stomach and synovial fluid, might as well live somewhere in prostate isolated.

If someone got POIS after bacterial infection, after changing partner or something that could have exposed him to it. It would help to know. Reactive arthrits happens even if infection is very subtle. Attachment is possible bacterial causes + diagnostic symptoms. Also should be taken in account, that chronic bacteria prostatitis can happen from stuff that usually infects stomach.

I have urologist appoitment in 2.5 weeks. Free healthcare is free. Its my frist visit ever to doctor about POIS. So, well, dont really expect to get free lab tests right away.

Offline B_Jim

• post ejaculation tiredness, fatigue after orgasm
    • View Profile
« Reply #20060 on: 07/11/2016 07:06:13 »
Welcome new Poisers !

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20062 on: 08/11/2016 01:53:54 »
Welcome new Poisers !

Thank you, B_Jim! :)

Offline Kingkong

• View Profile
« Reply #20063 on: 21/11/2016 02:40:07 »
I am a 24 year old finalist medical student and have been struggling with "POIS" or "PEIS" (Post Ejaculation Illness Syndrome) since I was 17 i.e the first time I masturbated.
I am a very sharp minded person and used to be top of my class since Primary school.
I experienced my first wet dream the first year of my Secondary school and started masturbating in my third year.
I remember the first time I masturbated, I was to sit for an end of term exam the following day. I greatly enjoyed the pleasure I got from masturbating but I didn't know what was going to follow 1-2 hours later.
I felt confused, heavy headed, cloud minded at first, then fatigue and burning eyes creeped in, I thought it was a nornal experience so I just took a nap and thought I would be back to my normal energy when I woke up, but I was shoked to find myself in the same state as before.
I couldn't retain whatever I read that day for my exam, I panicked.
The next day (during the exam) I was confused, I used to be a beast in mathematics but calculations were not flowing the way they used to be. I just felt like I wanted to sleep in the exam room. I eventually emerged the fourth person in class instead of the usual first position.
It took me about a month to discover that ejaculation was the cause of  my study misery.
I remember when used to search on why masturbation impaired memory but all I found was that too much masturbation had a toll on concentration for everyone, so I thought everyone experienced it.
I had to schedule my ejaculations only for Fridays or Saturdays evenings as I didn't have to go to school the following day which is usually the worst with symptoms. I did it in the evenings as my entire day would be ruined if I did it during the day.
I could not restrict nocturnal emissions though. My experience with nocturnal emissions was that I still had POIS but it's milder and the brain fog usually takes about a day to fully resolve as opposed to post masturbation which usually would take about 5-7 days.
I eventually completed my secondary school with high grades after strictly scheduling my ejaculations and was lucky to join the medical school. I have an understanding sexual partner, I don't experience any erectile dysfunction or premature ejaculation and I have a good intravaginal ejaculation latency time. We schedule our sex episodes only at times when there was a little study burden and not when exams are around the corner.
I know the time will come when she might be fed up as we only do "it" when I want.
I am not a fan of medications as no drugs are "safe". Each and every drug has it's own cluster of side effects.
I personally support the autoimmune hypothesis, where autoantibodies against seminal or prostatic fluid cross react with self antigens
An oral corticosteroid, dexamethasone seems to be

Hi NakedDoc , what is the dosage of the dexamethasone that you are taking? And when are you taking it? Before or after O?

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #20063 on: 21/11/2016 02:40:07 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums