The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome (POIS)  (Read 6426433 times)

Offline RhythmSpring

• View Profile
Re: Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome (POIS)
« Reply #4125 on: 18/04/2009 23:36:09 »
Oh, sorry- I actually failed to finish reading your question.

I did do that for a while, retention, etc. It actually was a very heart opening, energizing thing.

However, having POIS makes it very stressful: if I accidentally ejaculate, I basically have to endure another 3 weeks of mental haze and low emotional energy, so there's a lot of pressure amidst the bliss.

Also, I want to have sex normally. I'm in college, ya know?
« Last Edit: 19/04/2009 00:17:14 by demografx »

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4126 on: 18/04/2009 23:55:09 »
Yes, I certainly understand. I practiced that technique and is it ever awkward! Besides, it didn't work for me as well as it did for you. That's why I was intrigued with your experience.

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4127 on: 19/04/2009 01:15:38 »
Mister_z, you wrote that you were a bit baffled with your high libido/low testosterone. I'm also baffled that several years back I had high libido yet my testosterone treatment works very well on my POIS. (My current testing shows low T-levels). I wasn't tested back then, but it's reasonable to think that my T-levels were also low then since my POIS seems linked to low T-levels.

Well, I'll quit agonizing, I'm thrilled that I found effective treatment.
« Last Edit: 19/04/2009 04:18:28 by demografx »

Offline Limejuice

• View Profile
« Reply #4128 on: 19/04/2009 04:41:24 »
Update:

I may have found a cure to carb sensativity.  I've experiemented with Tribulus Terrestris for 7 days and it appears to increase glucose tolerance.  I'm concerned however because I need to double the recommended dose to experience a full cure

Carb sensativity effects me in and out of POIS.  It is perhaps the most annoying symptom of this illness.  However, I'm becoming to think it is not an orgasm illness - it may be a hormone illness.  I expereince some symptom triggers all the time like carbs, hot showers, adrenaline thrills.  These triggers bring the same symptoms as orgasm and happen immediately after occurance, just like orgasm.  Orgasm symptoms are more intense than other triggers and thats how I first associated it as orgasm illness.

The Tribulus Terrestris is suppose to raise hormone LH which raises hormone Testosterone.  When I take Tribulus Terrestris it acts within a half hour and its effects last for 3 to 4 hours.  I plan on exeriementing more with the supplemenet.

Offline pyropeach

• View Profile
« Reply #4129 on: 19/04/2009 08:06:57 »
Oh, sorry- I actually failed to finish reading your question.

I did do that for a while, retention, etc. It actually was a very heart opening, energizing thing.

However, having POIS makes it very stressful: if I accidentally ejaculate, I basically have to endure another 3 weeks of mental haze and low emotional energy, so there's a lot of pressure amidst the bliss.

Also, I want to have sex normally. I'm in college, ya know?

Just wanna reiterate now that this idea has more attention that retention has worked extremely well for me to regain a great deal of mental focus and energy while experiencing POIS symptoms.  I thought it might have to do with the levels of epinephrine, norepinephrine, testosterone, and dopamin reaching increased levels and remaining at those increased levels because the orgasm wasn't completed.  Otherwise, these levels would just return to normal, or in our case, possibly sink too low. 

RythmSpring - If it makes you feel any better, I'm in college too, and I know it freakin sux to see hawt girls everywhere and people getting into relationships, and knowing you have POIS.
« Last Edit: 19/04/2009 08:12:20 by pyropeach »

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4130 on: 20/04/2009 04:48:06 »
B_Jim, what type enzymatic functions will you explore? Sounds very interesting.

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4131 on: 20/04/2009 04:50:47 »
Limejuice, great work you're doing!

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4132 on: 20/04/2009 04:54:53 »
Pyro, thanks for bringing forth more experience about retention. And I empathize with how POIS can royally damage young relationships!

Offline underwater

• View Profile
« Reply #4133 on: 20/04/2009 05:22:15 »
Demo--
I've noticed with my approach to GAD that the healing process is slow. Yet I am making steady progress. I have connected the dots from GAD to POIS. For me, it seems overwhelmingly clear that histamine and epinephrine act as triggers for both. But I know that GAD will be resolved first. My anxiety/panic episodes are clearly diminshing. Now, how do I take this progress to help solve the problem of POIS?
Well, first of all, I have finally completed my best basket of vitmains and minerals.
I have located three major areas of my body that require deep tissue massage to resolve major discomfort (This is a work in progress). I now keep Benadryl rather than Claritin by my bed (children's liquid). Electrostimulation of lower back and pelvis are fabulous. I am cautiously optimistic. I am glad things are going well for you. I wouldn't be surprised that for some of us older guys, the healing process for POIS may take a couple of years to completely disappear.

POIS-SUFFERER---As you can see, I have GAD also. My intitial symptoms are basically somatic. The depression and mild fatigue follow. I also have allergies. My psychiatrist and I both believe that it will take time for my serotonin and norepinephrine to show their full inhibitory effects. What I have learned is that this process takes time. With berries, cherries etc., supplements, the security of Claritin/Benadryl (as a blunter of POIS, but no cure), chiropractic, massage, hydration, walking instead of swimming, etc. etc. I have made steady progress. The big test will be the LEAP from GAD improvement to POIS reduction. I am confident, but can't expect a miracle. My nervous system is getting stronger, but what a slow process!! Confidence builds slowly and there is light at the end of the tunnerl. We each have to discover our own path to POIS reduction, maintenance of reduction, and finally a cure. For me I kow this will be up and down like my GAD. But ultimately it will be more up than down.

Offline Counterpoints

• View Profile
« Reply #4134 on: 20/04/2009 05:51:12 »
I expereince some symptom triggers all the time like carbs, hot showers, adrenaline thrills.  These triggers bring the same symptoms as orgasm and happen immediately after occurance, just like orgasm.  Orgasm symptoms are more intense than other triggers and thats how I first associated it as orgasm illness.

Hot showers? Amazing.  Me too.  Do you still get symptoms if your head does not come in contact with the water?

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4135 on: 20/04/2009 06:29:00 »
Hot showers can really do me in!

I feel "flushed" and dissipated for minimum 24 hours. Last time, it lasted 48!
« Last Edit: 20/04/2009 20:23:21 by demografx »

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4136 on: 20/04/2009 06:31:10 »
Underwater, I took Benadryl yesterday afternoon for testosterone-patch itching. It kept me up all night!

Underwater, it seems like you're really making progress! Rooting for ya.

And thanks again for the explanation about aging/healing. My "rapid" POIS progress would probably be zooming by now!
« Last Edit: 20/04/2009 06:33:17 by demografx »

Offline ajs

• View Profile
« Reply #4137 on: 20/04/2009 15:17:02 »
underwater, you seem to have the same things going on as i do....check out l-methionine for allergies and look at        low stomach acid symptoms and candida symptoms for systemic fungus

Offline antimorbit

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #4138 on: 20/04/2009 17:34:21 »
Hey peoples. 27/M/Australia.  just yelling out to all the POIS sufferers out there. I've had it for just over 10 years now, and its such a relief to know im not the only one. ill be doing a short hand version of my case and putting it out there for others to reflect on as soon as i can. ( i need some rest first :P ) i have to mention the video (
) Im going to show it to everyone who is close to me so they can understand what i am going through and that im not crazy o_O    ... such a relief to know im not alone. thanks to everyone that contributes to this forum and cheers to anyone thats undertaking the trials of self healing.

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4139 on: 20/04/2009 20:27:04 »
SPERM REGENERATION

I can't prove it, but it seems that this plays a role in my POIS. Cause or effect, again, I don't know.

Before successful treatment, it would take me weeks, perhaps months, to feel "full" again. Now it's a matter of hours or days!

Offline Limejuice

• View Profile
« Reply #4140 on: 20/04/2009 22:30:00 »
SPERM REGENERATION

I can't prove it, but it seems that this plays a role in my POIS. Cause or effect, again, I don't know.

Before successful treatment, it would take me weeks, perhaps months, to feel "full" again. Now it's a matter of hours or days!

Free testosterone is responsible for 'arousal'.  I wonder if free testosterone replenshes sperm...

Hot Showers - I've always had a problem with the hot tub too.  I'd get symptoms hanging out with friends in the hot water, but my head never submerged.  It's as if dehydration causes the symptoms.

I know many don't think testosterone is the root cause, but I'm beginning to think it is (free testosterone, that is).  All these signs point to free T.

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4141 on: 20/04/2009 22:48:08 »
Limejuice, I think there was only one cautionary comment made that testosterone might not be a cure for everyone, but that it plays an extremely important role.

In my case, it's miraculous yet baffling. It almost seems too easy!

Offline Limejuice

• View Profile
« Reply #4142 on: 20/04/2009 23:14:33 »
Tribulus is an herbal supplement used since the late 70's in Eastern Europe. Itís purported effects include increased luteinizing hormone release and thus testosterone production, increased sperm production, increased ejaculatory volume, and increased libido
http://www.thinkmuscle.com/articles/haycock/tribulus-terrestris.htm

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4143 on: 21/04/2009 00:20:52 »

Tribulus is an herbal supplement used since the late 70's in Eastern Europe. It’s purported effects include increased luteinizing hormone release and thus testosterone production, increased sperm production, increased ejaculatory volume, and increased libido
http://www.thinkmuscle.com/articles/haycock/tribulus-terrestris.htm

Limejuice, sounds great. Just keep your doctor informed.
« Last Edit: 21/04/2009 02:23:42 by demografx »

Offline underwater

• View Profile
« Reply #4144 on: 21/04/2009 05:26:15 »
ajs----
I'm glad that you mentioned L Methionine. I have had it for about 6 weeks, but my success with Iron, Zinc/Copper, Manganese and increased Calcium, B6 (all this along with many other supplements) seem to have had a positive effect. I was all ready to try it, but my philosophy is if I am improving with what I have, hold off.

Hot Showers-----
Interesting, another somatic (hot skin) trigger for many ?

Demo---
Seems like Testosterone is KEY for YOU. Sorry about Benadryl. Your itching probably resulted from skin irritation rather than H1 receptors being activated from Histamine. Have you tried Cortizone-10 cream? My POIS triggers are obviously rare if we look at all the posts since inception of forum, but I suspect that each POIS sufferer has a very unique POIS profile, so to speak. What is so interestingly complex for me at least is that I have made so many modifications over the last two months that I can't attribute my improvement to any one thing. I'm comfortable with the slow and steady, because I believe (and hope/pray) that the slow steady equals more permanence rather than some anomaly--I suspect that we all have some type of neurochemical memory, that is why I think healing is almost a relearning thing for some of us. In some personal experiments that I have done, I have created POIS symptoms from non orgasmic triggers. These are short episodes and dissipate rather quickly. So for me, there is also a psychosomatic component to all this. I will try, when I am ready, to apply this to the "real deal".

Offline Counterpoints

• View Profile
« Reply #4145 on: 21/04/2009 07:32:22 »
I think it's remarkable that all of us (I think?) who have had pituitary MRIs, have found something somewhat interesting. (Pyropeach, Demografx, Me). If we were just to take 3 random people from the population, and scan the pituitary, (from what I know), there is less than a (1/10)^3 = 1 in 1000 chance this would happen.

Underwater: I'm not sure.  I developed heat urticaria when I was about 16, so I get red blotches when I get overheated... which mostly shows up in hot showers, etc.  But generally I do not get significant long-lasting (1day+) cognitive symptoms unless my head is under a high pressure faucet. I'm not even sure if the water has to be hot, although I've assumed it does.
« Last Edit: 21/04/2009 08:01:33 by Counterpoints »

Offline POIS-SUFFERER

• View Profile
« Reply #4146 on: 21/04/2009 17:42:43 »
This talk of heat is an interesting one, for a very long time if I am outdoors in the heat too long I get flu like symptoms, even if I keep well hydrated and no alchohol, and even if I do not do much, just sitting in the heat all day in the shade even...

I always thought it was due to hydration so a few times I made sure... water water water all day.... but did not help.

PS.

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4147 on: 21/04/2009 21:23:00 »
TESTOSTERONE UPDATE

My success clearly falls below 90% when activity is excessive.

Excess is now being re-defined but I simply can't get away with a teenage lifestyle ;D

Kidding aside, my limits are already "light years" ahead of where I was pre-treatment. Obviously, the TYPE of treatment that now works for me creates this challenging new world.

I wish for everyone the incredible feeling of freedom that successful diagnosis and treatment brings. Without this forum, I doubt that I would have ever come this far. So thank you again!

Offline POIS-SUFFERER

• View Profile
« Reply #4148 on: 21/04/2009 23:21:37 »
B_JIM,

Do you really need sugar to do that, 2 O's would do it for me! Seems overkill.....

Maybe I have high sugar all the time so I do not know, but I have been tested for diabetes lots of times and my sugar levels are perfect.....

Just trying to get a handle on this whole thing!

Question... how long does it normally take for others to feel the affects? I feel them within minutes.

PS.

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4149 on: 22/04/2009 00:00:34 »
B_Jim, good luck with the bloodtest.

I hope you get back to feeling better...quickly!

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #4149 on: 22/04/2009 00:00:34 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums

Login
Login with username, password and session length