The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome (POIS)  (Read 6450847 times)

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Re: Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome (POIS)
« Reply #4775 on: 03/07/2009 02:44:22 »

I guess too much enthusiasm/excitement is not surprising when it's been a while. I imagine that everybody with POIS is having sex far less than there libido would naturally lead them to. I know I am :-(

Regards

Pantaloon

Interesting observation, Pantaloon.

Offline CertainlyPOIS

• View Profile
« Reply #4776 on: 03/07/2009 04:45:14 »
On alcohol i think it is possible alcohol is the final stress on our sensitive endocrine system. I notice problem during college when my drinking skyrocketted. I also remeber micheal mentioning alchol in relation to his problem. But there is always the argument that why arent others complaining about this.

Offline CertainlyPOIS

• View Profile
« Reply #4777 on: 03/07/2009 04:47:44 »
On describing pois to general public and doctor.
Symptoms of pois are similar to effects of not sleeping for couple of days.  Imagine those effects affecting you for a period of 3-7 days and also multiply those effects by 10.

Offline pyropeach

• View Profile
« Reply #4778 on: 04/07/2009 22:59:37 »
I just finished a rough draft of the compendium.  But some feedback would be great as I'm sure there's much more that can be added and there are many details that need to be worked out.  If anyone would like to read it over and add comments and/or edit it (and don't be afraid to tear it to pieces, I won't take it personally), I would gladly send it in docx or doc format.  Then people could send it back and I'll try to reconcile everyone's suggestions and comments.  Also, it would make things waaaay easier if everyone uses the review/track changes function in Word, so please use that if you want to edit it.

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4779 on: 05/07/2009 05:37:28 »

On alcohol i think it is possible alcohol is the final stress on our sensitive endocrine system. I notice problem during college when my drinking skyrocketed. I also remeber micheal mentioning alchol in relation to his problem. But there is always the argument that why arent others complaining about this.

Interesting point, CC. NakedDynamo believes that POIS isn't rare, that more people are out there.

I would add that many are simply afraid to speak up, or have experienced the same repeated rejection as we all have by the medical community, or don't know they have it (many of us didn't connect sex-to-symptoms for a long time until we put 2 + 2 together), and some may assume that everyone has POIS.

The other possibility is that excessive intake over a long period (such as Michael, me in the past, and I'm sure others here)can be somehow implicated in POIS, but in combination with other factors. To vastly oversimplify, if Alcohol + Factor B + Factor C = POIS and if the majority of drinkers don't have B + C, then we're back to a minority of POIS-afflicted in the population.

Maybe B_Jim and Pyropeach can add this (history of excessive alcohol/drug intake) to their databases.
« Last Edit: 06/07/2009 04:57:28 by demografx »

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4780 on: 05/07/2009 05:39:34 »

I just finished a rough draft of the compendium.

Congratulations, Pyro! And many thanks.

Please send me a copy.
« Last Edit: 05/07/2009 05:56:36 by demografx »

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4781 on: 05/07/2009 06:07:47 »
Testosterone treatment update

Today is Day Zero and probably the best day zero I've had yet since starting treatment last January. (1) I've been taking Relora but honestly can't pinpoint it's role. (2) For the first time, I also experimented with keeping on 2 T-patches from yesterday in addition to the 2 new T-patches today. (3) I also increased the Rx stimulants, with psychiatrist approval. Anyway, after 30+ years of POIS-agony, something's working.  :)
« Last Edit: 05/07/2009 06:11:32 by demografx »

Offline GoingCrazy

• View Profile
« Reply #4782 on: 05/07/2009 07:15:57 »
This disease is just terrible.  It is quite impossible to give good first impressions while in POIS.  My god if this would just go away.  Does anyone experience a high POIS response during social occasions?

Offline daisi_sufferer

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #4783 on: 05/07/2009 15:43:40 »
Just wanted to share that I belong to South Asia (India/Pakistan/Bangladesh) and, like TCM, POIS symptoms are very well accepted among local medicine system and they relate it to too much ejaculation. But I believe this was not the reason in my case. I have even tried quite few local medicines but no success.

I posed a question few days back, are there any remedies for PE other than anti-depressants? I have not got any response yet  :). I am suffering from PE alot.

Offline daisi_sufferer

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #4784 on: 05/07/2009 15:56:11 »

Today is Day Zero and probably the best day zero I've had yet since starting treatment last January. (1) I've been taking Relora but honestly can't pinpoint it's role. (2) For the first time, I also experimented with keeping on 2 T-patches from yesterday in addition to the 2 new T-patches today. (3) I also increased the Rx stimulants, with psychiatrist approval. Anyway, after 30+ years of POIS-agony, something's working.  :)

Demo, couple of years back when male hormones test was done, I was told that every thing was normal except low testosterone. Urologist told me he would prescribe some capsule for low T. But he also mentioned that this was not the reason for POIS and he refered me to neorologist. But I disontinue the consultation. Now after having heard you saying that it has helped you, I am thinking it might help me. Can I ask if there any tablets or capsules that I can get over-the-counter to increase my T?

Offline POIS Noise

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #4785 on: 05/07/2009 22:04:54 »
I have no PE.
I think that I have a normal or even good timing.
POIS is so [mod edit] harsh, man.
I just met a new girl.
first few phone calls, I'm still excited, sexy on the phone, she wants to come over and what not...
than i slip one time, and look who it is - my old friend POIS!
I suddenly have no guts to even call her, cause I can feel when my game is Lame.
and It is lame.
am I the only weirdo in the world that does such things?
waiting a whole week to call a girl you met, just because you know that while in Pois, you're an Untalanted, boring, zombie like [mod edit].
hmmm...
is there any substance in this world that can make you instantly horny?
« Last Edit: 06/07/2009 05:18:38 by demografx »

Offline Pronobis

• View Profile
« Reply #4786 on: 05/07/2009 22:43:36 »

Who said that there is no treatment :)))) Congratulations Demo. I wish same results for everyone

Offline Guthrie

• View Profile
« Reply #4787 on: 05/07/2009 23:24:24 »
I have no PE.
I think that I have a normal or even good timing.
POIS is so [mod edit] harsh, man.
I just met a new girl.
first few phone calls, I'm still excited, sexy on the phone, she wants to come over and what not...
than i slip one time, and look who it is - my old friend POIS!
I suddenly have no guts to even call her, cause I can feel when my game is Lame.
and It is lame.
waiting a whole week to call a girl you met, just because you know that while in Pois, you're an Untalanted, boring, zombie like [mod edit].
hmmm...

POIS Noise--

If it is any comfort to you, whenever I am in POIS-state, I always feel boring and zombie-like--however, my girlfriend says that she can never notice a difference (i.e. she doesn't that think I'm zombie-like in POIS).  So, some of it could be more of a subjective feeling (obviously not 100% though), and other people might not notice as much as we might tend to think. 
« Last Edit: 06/07/2009 04:35:56 by demografx »

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4788 on: 06/07/2009 03:42:05 »

Who said that there is no treatment :)))) Congratulations Demo. I wish same results for everyone

Pronobis, hold on to your congratulations  :)

Today is Day One, and it was not good  :(

Yesterday, I went out with my wife, was much more active than usual, was in the sun quite a bit, and initiated social contact with musicians who were performing at an outdoor plaza.

I was elated, I thought I finally beat POIS 100%! But when I awoke this morning, I was "in POIS"! Not terrible, but enough to tell my wife that I wouldn't join her going out today.

My 75% to 90% per POIS-episode cure has been achieved in a low physical activity milieu.

Martin has theorized that POIS cures can come to a stop when we're challenged with high stress. I think he's right. My endocrinologist said the same thing when I had a bad POIS episode (but not like before treatment) on May 29, accompanied by high stress.

Since January, my "cure" has been surprising in a number of ways, mostly pleasant. It is a new world most definitely!
« Last Edit: 06/07/2009 05:31:15 by demografx »

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4789 on: 06/07/2009 04:16:01 »

Just wanted to share that I belong to South Asia (India/Pakistan/Bangladesh) and, like TCM, POIS symptoms are very well accepted among local medicine system and they relate it to too much ejaculation. But I believe this was not the reason in my case. I have even tried quite few local medicines but no success.

We have discussed some TCM and Taoist theory before. I'm still curious, even though I haven't seen much success.

Daisi, can you please tell us the name(s) of any "expert(s)" or institutions in India/Paki etc. in this field that we can look up on the Internet?

I posed a question few days back, are there any remedies for PE other than anti-depressants? I have not got any response yet  :). I am suffering from PE alot.

Daisi, the focus here is POIS, not PE although a few have it.

I Googled premature ejaculation treatment, and Mayo Clinic - a reputable medical facility - comes up as #2 (#1 was about antidepressants)
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/premature-ejaculation/ds00578/dsection=treatments-and-drugs

The Google reference is
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=premature+ejaculation+treatment&aq=f&oq=&aqi=g10
« Last Edit: 06/07/2009 05:16:35 by demografx »

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4790 on: 06/07/2009 04:28:59 »

This disease is just terrible.  It is quite impossible to give good first impressions while in POIS.  My god if this would just go away.  Does anyone experience a high POIS response during social occasions?

GC, yes, it is terrible, but you have lots of company!

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4791 on: 06/07/2009 04:47:39 »

Aphrodisiacs. Can be extremely dangerous (as in fatal).
« Last Edit: 06/07/2009 05:42:53 by demografx »

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4792 on: 06/07/2009 04:54:32 »

POIS Noise--

If it is any comfort to you, whenever I am in POIS-state, I always feel boring and zombie-like--however, my girlfriend says that she can never notice a difference (i.e. she doesn't that think I'm zombie-like in POIS).  So, some of it could be more of a subjective feeling (obviously not 100% though), and other people might not notice as much as we might tend to think. 

Guthrie, excellent point!

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4793 on: 06/07/2009 05:11:55 »

Demo, couple of years back when male hormones test was done, I was told that every thing was normal except low testosterone. Urologist told me he would prescribe some capsule for low T. But he also mentioned that this was not the reason for POIS and he refered me to neorologist. But I disontinue the consultation. Now after having heard you saying that it has helped you, I am thinking it might help me. Can I ask if there any tablets or capsules that I can get over-the-counter to increase my T?

I can only tell you what I did. Based on a recommendation from a friend who has done important research in biophysics, I sought out a university-based endocrinologist, who bloodtested me for a number of hormones. Testosterone was low, so he put me on testosterone patches, 10 mg daily, based on my test results. I was told that patches work best because they simulate the body's natural, steady flow of testosterone.

I wouldn't recommend any over the counter treatment, without physician guidance and testing. My testing in the past with urologists and GP's were insufficient; diagnosis and treatment by an endocrinologist seems to be the best route according to a consensus in this forum.
« Last Edit: 06/07/2009 05:36:21 by demografx »

Offline daisi_sufferer

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #4794 on: 06/07/2009 07:41:52 »

POIS Noise--

Guthrie, excellent point!

In my case, it is different, I have exprienced that my office colleagues pointed it out quite few times that I looked very tired and fatigued very next morning. Some people asked me if I had not have enough sleep last night.

Offline John21

• View Profile
« Reply #4795 on: 06/07/2009 21:51:59 »
I have experienced another zero POIS symptom episode, without taking any supplement. I am wondering more if the yogurt I have been eating daily for over half a year is the reason for the relief. The Candida theory always sounded suspect to me, but could the problem be bacterial in general? Does anyone have a slightest clue of how an orgasm's effects could cascade into changes in the intestines? Others may wish to give this a try. It is a long term test, but it is also yummy.  :)

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4796 on: 06/07/2009 23:28:37 »
John, congratulations, regardless of how you achieved it!!

Wouldn't it be great if we were all forced to have yummy daily treats, say bye-bye POIS and all go home!

Offline GoingCrazy

• View Profile
« Reply #4797 on: 07/07/2009 00:48:23 »
I have experienced another zero POIS symptom episode, without taking any supplement. I am wondering more if the yogurt I have been eating daily for over half a year is the reason for the relief. The Candida theory always sounded suspect to me, but could the problem be bacterial in general? Does anyone have a slightest clue of how an orgasm's effects could cascade into changes in the intestines? Others may wish to give this a try. It is a long term test, but it is also yummy.  :)

I've posted about this before, I've been pretty upbeat about the candida theory, but only until about 2 weeks ago when I spiraled into POIS.  If it possibly is candida, than maybe it still is in my system.  If I could recall a quote I found on some internet site a while ago..."Orgasm allegedly helps break down glucose and prevents it from being stored as fat,"  hence, candida feeds on glucose.  candida + sugar/die-off = POIS  ?  Still doubtable, but very much possible.

Offline GoingCrazy

• View Profile
« Reply #4798 on: 07/07/2009 00:53:02 »
I'm also experiencing some variance of POIS right now (this one with headaches, i never get headaches while in POIS).  Even though i had orgasmed almost about 2 weeks ago... could I be experiencing die off? or could I just be experiencing some random POIS episode?

Offline pyropeach

• View Profile
« Reply #4799 on: 07/07/2009 02:18:45 »
There is maybe a link between dopamine deficiency and these damn Pois-fevers I have (often 8 to 10 hours later).There is a syndrome called NMS (neuroleptic Malignant syndrome) which seems linked to dopamine deficiency and symptoms are : rigidity and tremor, high fever, altered consciousness including coma, autonomic instability, and chemical imbalances...
I will have a look.

B_Jim, I think you ought to take a look at the main theory in the compendium as it attributes dopamine depletion with POIS - it even addresses dopamine depletion as the cause of reported muscle tremors after O and your feedback would be extremely useful.

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #4799 on: 07/07/2009 02:18:45 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums