The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome (POIS)  (Read 6429226 times)

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Re: Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome (POIS)
« Reply #4800 on: 07/07/2009 03:18:22 »

I have experienced that my office colleagues pointed it out quite a few times that I looked very tired and fatigued next morning. Some people asked me if I had not have enough sleep last night.

Daisi, I remember one business photo of mine, a professional group shot of my small company, and for years afterwards I would look at the picture and see this drained, pasty-looking, unemotional/"dead" face and instantly recognize the POIS that started the night before!

Offline NakedDynamo

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #4801 on: 07/07/2009 03:46:42 »
Demografx...Re: Contacting TCM doctors. Thats a great idea...I did a quick google search and came up with these dr's that answer tcm questions.

newbielink:http://www.chinainstitute.com/askdrren.asp [nonactive]
newbielink:http://www.acubalance.ca/content/question-post-dc [nonactive]
newbielink:http://www.chusaulei.com/ [nonactive]

I am very interested in the TCM side myself, and was thinking of going to see a TCM Dr here locally in the next month or so. From my brief internet search - It seems that in TCM POIS is related to 'Kidney Energy'. Will let you know if I find out anything from the TCM Dr.

FYI to those interested - I received my Relora pills and have been taking those with little effect. There was one time I had severe headaches/head fogginess, and I took a Relora pill and it seemed to alleviate those symptoms. Ongoing, I don't think its helping me too much. In fact, I took some Relora when not in POIS - and it seemed to bring back some of the POIS Symptoms, drowsiness, lethargy etc..

Unfortunately, Relora and fenugreek are probably not the answer for me. I may need to bite the bullet and see an Endo if tcm fails me.

ND.

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4802 on: 07/07/2009 03:49:55 »
PYROPEACH'S POIS FORUM COMPENDIUM

I'm sorry that I only had time to do a quick, cursory overview, but my first impression is that it's brilliant!. Thank you, Pyro, this is an incredible, wonderful effort on your part. We are on a faster path to credibility with this and other efforts here.

Offline NakedDynamo

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #4803 on: 07/07/2009 03:56:31 »
Demografx, I'm trying to send you a PM to ask for a copy of the Waldinger PDF, but doesn't seem to be working.
Pyropeach, I'm also trying to PM you to ask for a read of the draft Compendium....

For some reason I can't PM...bizarre...

Could I kindly ask that you send it to my email address in my profile.

Thanks in Advance Gents

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4804 on: 07/07/2009 03:59:45 »
ND, perhaps my post wasn't clear: I'm skeptical about TCM, but interested from Daisi to see who the top "experts" are in South Asia (India/Pakistan/Bangladesh).

Several people at the forum here (including myself) have reported initial excitement about TCM, invested heavily in time and money, but in the end found no success for POIS:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=TCM+POIS+site%3Ahttp%3A%2F%2Fthenakedscientists.com&btnG=Search&aq=f&oq=&aqi=

Still, if some convincing concrete studies can be discovered and brought forward, it would seem certainly worthwhile.

Purportedly, the Asian world has been dealing with "POIS" for 5,000 years. Perhaps there are effective practitioners there.

ps - ND, Waldinger study sent to you 8 minutes after your request.

Please send me by return email a brief description of the PM problems you've had. Thanks!
« Last Edit: 07/07/2009 04:11:51 by demografx »

Offline Dean93

• View Profile
« Reply #4805 on: 07/07/2009 08:59:11 »
Hey Everyone,

I recently had a few week of POIS, and I tried relora. I was having an unusually high frequency of NE's and orgasms in general (7 in 6 days, 3 were wet dreams). For the first 5 of those days I took about two capsules (250 mg each, Harvest Moon Natural Foods, taken after orgasm). They completely took away the brain fog, which was good, but I still had fatigue and didn't want to do anything at all and felt depressed, even to the point of suicidal thoughts, which are over now. The absence of the usual brain fog during POIS was comparable to doing a surgery without anesthesia. It ended after 2 weeks.

I think that it is important to note that I experienced the "loss of fluency" that some do after a certain period of abstinence. For a whole week I was playing music all day and I felt like I could express whatever I wanted. After a long mind-numbing day of Saturday chores, which could very well also be the cause of the "loss of fluency", I couldn't do the same thing anymore. My actions lacked confidence and conviction, and my head felt out of place. I don't know what that means to the effectiveness this trial with relora. I may try again under different circumstances.

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4806 on: 07/07/2009 17:30:35 »
Pyropeach's document is excellent. No doubt this is the second real doc about Pois in the world after Dr Waldinger's study (2002).

I agree, B_Jim!

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4807 on: 08/07/2009 00:38:44 »

Hey Everyone,

I recently had a few week of POIS, and I tried relora. I was having an unusually high frequency of NE's and orgasms in general (7 in 6 days, 3 were wet dreams). For the first 5 of those days I took about two capsules (250 mg each, Harvest Moon Natural Foods, taken after orgasm). They completely took away the brain fog, which was good, but I still had fatigue and didn't want to do anything at all and felt depressed, even to the point of suicidal thoughts, which are over now. The absence of the usual brain fog during POIS was comparable to doing a surgery without anesthesia. It ended after 2 weeks.

I think that it is important to note that I experienced the "loss of fluency" that some do after a certain period of abstinence. For a whole week I was playing music all day and I felt like I could express whatever I wanted. After a long mind-numbing day of Saturday chores, which could very well also be the cause of the "loss of fluency", I couldn't do the same thing anymore. My actions lacked confidence and conviction, and my head felt out of place. I don't know what that means to the effectiveness this trial with relora. I may try again under different circumstances.

Dean, I have no suggestions, but I wanted to write and just say I feel badly that you've been going through this, especially with the severe depression.

Best wishes going forward!

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4808 on: 08/07/2009 00:54:47 »
Dean, I'm not completely sure what "loss of fluency" really means, can you elaborate just a little?

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4809 on: 08/07/2009 01:03:56 »

I just finished a rough draft of the compendium.

I love the description of POIS, with "crippling symptoms"!

That should get the "mild headache" crowd off our backs :)

Offline Dean93

• View Profile
« Reply #4810 on: 08/07/2009 01:42:39 »
Dean, I'm not completely sure what "loss of fluency" really means, can you elaborate just a little?

I was refering to the POIS-like feelings that some experience after some period of abstinence. Counterpoints discusses it in his second post on page 200

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4811 on: 08/07/2009 02:24:50 »
OK, thanks, Dean. I'll go look.

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4812 on: 08/07/2009 02:27:29 »
Many people have heard from outsiders that POIS is "all in our heads".

I thought it was amusing to see this about chronic pain in WebMD:

"In past generations, people often heard that chronic pain was "all in their heads," says Rollin M. Gallagher, MD, MPH, director of pain management at the Philadelphia VA Medical Center."

Human nature....arrggghhh! :)
« Last Edit: 08/07/2009 02:30:44 by demografx »

Offline berdano32

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #4813 on: 08/07/2009 15:15:57 »
did you check the chronic prostatitis case ?

Offline Dean93

• View Profile
« Reply #4814 on: 08/07/2009 16:28:07 »

Hey Everyone,

Dean, I have no suggestions, but I wanted to write and just say I feel badly that you've been going through this, especially with the severe depression.

Best wishes going forward!

Thank you Demo. I'm looking forward to the study.

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4815 on: 08/07/2009 20:41:11 »
Dean, as I've posted, the show of hands is simply to get a headcount that we can tell researchers that we are proposing to do a study.  It won't happen overnight.

Many thanks for your contributions, Dean!

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4816 on: 08/07/2009 20:43:57 »

did you check the chronic prostatitis case ?

berdano32, please introduce yourself.
« Last Edit: 09/07/2009 03:48:42 by demografx »

Offline Dean93

• View Profile
« Reply #4817 on: 08/07/2009 22:06:58 »
Dean, as I've posted, the show of hands is simply to get a headcount that we can tell researchers that we are proposing to do a study.  It won't happen overnight.

Many thanks for your contributions, Dean!

Oh, sorry I misunderstood. Thanks for clearing that up for me.
« Last Edit: 08/07/2009 22:13:04 by Dean93 »

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4818 on: 09/07/2009 00:52:04 »
Dean, thank you very much for bringing that up, 1 - 2 others here weren't clear about the same thing.

Offline POIS-SUFFERER

• View Profile
« Reply #4819 on: 09/07/2009 01:04:05 »
I have experienced another zero POIS symptom episode, without taking any supplement. I am wondering more if the yogurt I have been eating daily for over half a year is the reason for the relief. The Candida theory always sounded suspect to me, but could the problem be bacterial in general? Does anyone have a slightest clue of how an orgasm's effects could cascade into changes in the intestines? Others may wish to give this a try. It is a long term test, but it is also yummy.  :)

I've posted about this before, I've been pretty upbeat about the candida theory, but only until about 2 weeks ago when I spiraled into POIS.  If it possibly is candida, than maybe it still is in my system.  If I could recall a quote I found on some internet site a while ago..."Orgasm allegedly helps break down glucose and prevents it from being stored as fat,"  hence, candida feeds on glucose.  candida + sugar/die-off = POIS  ?  Still doubtable, but very much possible.

I am affect almost right away with the POIS symptoms, maybe 5 minutes after release, do within these 5 minutes I killed enough Candida for it to do this to me?? Seems unlikely, maybe people with a Candida connection might feel things get worse in 24/48 hours.... it just seems to quick for my case.

PS

Offline pyropeach

• View Profile
« Reply #4820 on: 09/07/2009 01:43:38 »
Pyropeach's document is excellent. No doubt this is the second real doc about Pois in the world after Dr Waldinger's study (2002).

I agree, B_Jim!

Thank you all for the compliments! :)  I look forward to seeing you're guys' edits as there is still much work to be done on it!
« Last Edit: 09/07/2009 01:48:36 by demografx »

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4821 on: 10/07/2009 06:14:14 »
Pyro, I hope you have your Acceptance Speech ready!.......

The POIS Award! A totally original design!!!

Maybe we can buy these in bulk...John21, B_Jim, Counterpoints, Martin, Neil..............................................
« Last Edit: 10/07/2009 06:18:51 by demografx »

Offline GoingCrazy

• View Profile
« Reply #4822 on: 10/07/2009 07:08:45 »
I have experienced another zero POIS symptom episode, without taking any supplement. I am wondering more if the yogurt I have been eating daily for over half a year is the reason for the relief. The Candida theory always sounded suspect to me, but could the problem be bacterial in general? Does anyone have a slightest clue of how an orgasm's effects could cascade into changes in the intestines? Others may wish to give this a try. It is a long term test, but it is also yummy.  :)

I've posted about this before, I've been pretty upbeat about the candida theory, but only until about 2 weeks ago when I spiraled into POIS.  If it possibly is candida, than maybe it still is in my system.  If I could recall a quote I found on some internet site a while ago..."Orgasm allegedly helps break down glucose and prevents it from being stored as fat,"  hence, candida feeds on glucose.  candida + sugar/die-off = POIS  ?  Still doubtable, but very much possible.

I am affect almost right away with the POIS symptoms, maybe 5 minutes after release, do within these 5 minutes I killed enough Candida for it to do this to me?? Seems unlikely, maybe people with a Candida connection might feel things get worse in 24/48 hours.... it just seems to quick for my case.

PS

I think you've misunderstood.  Well, obviously if candida died off when we had an orgasm they're would be no problem with pois if candida was the cause.  What I was saying was that orgasm feeds candida immediately.  Like putting fuel to a fire.

Offline POIS-SUFFERER

• View Profile
« Reply #4823 on: 10/07/2009 15:26:43 »
I think you've misunderstood.  Well, obviously if candida died off when we had an orgasm they're would be no problem with pois if candida was the cause.  What I was saying was that orgasm feeds candida immediately.  Like putting fuel to a fire.

WOW missed that one by a long shot! Sorry. Still you think it possible in my case to have Candida problem and have a servere response in only minutes..... I did do the spit test and it showed positive.... not done much to start a Candida treatment as I am still not convinced.... 2 doctors tell me if you do not show outwared signs, like athlete foot, jock itch, etc.... you really do not have.... I am off to a Naturopath soon....

PS.

Offline GoingCrazy

• View Profile
« Reply #4824 on: 10/07/2009 17:20:27 »

WOW missed that one by a long shot! Sorry. Still you think it possible in my case to have Candida problem and have a servere response in only minutes..... I did do the spit test and it showed positive.... not done much to start a Candida treatment as I am still not convinced.... 2 doctors tell me if you do not show outwared signs, like athlete foot, jock itch, etc.... you really do not have.... I am off to a Naturopath soon....

PS.

Well I am no doctor or anything, but i guess there is some possibility candida will enter the brain without it becoming a problem in other areas.

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #4824 on: 10/07/2009 17:20:27 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums