The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome (POIS)  (Read 6447797 times)

Offline Dean93

• View Profile
Re: Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome (POIS)
« Reply #5375 on: 25/08/2009 07:57:50 »
I just realized that POIS symptoms closely resemble Lyme's disease symptoms: fevers, fatigue, brain fog, vision trouble, depression, and if I recall correctly some of you have inflammation problems. Consider the facts.
Eating carbs and sugar worsens symptoms. Carbs and sugar is what bacteria like Lyme eats.
Orgasms boost/strengthen the immune system. Lyme symptoms are mainly the over-activation of the immune system. Activated immune system therefore makes symptoms worse.

Just up for consideration.

-A POIS and Lyme sufferer

I know you don't want to give any medical advice or anything, because no one but medical doctors are..."qualified" to do so. But would you say taking Vitamin C for POIS would be a bad idea? I just purchased some in the hopes of boosting my immune system fight whatever is causing POIS, but you post made me think twice. Can you say anything else about that?

Note: This time around, I'm going to try relora on a daily basis, working up eventually to 3 a day. I'm also adding exercise after a NE. I'll report back on how it goes.

Hmm... I took vitamin C, didn't seem to benefit me or be unbeneficial.

Dean, Do you recommend exercise after an NE? Does it help you?

I was planning on taking Vitamic C as part of an anti candida regimen, I know not everyone wants to hear about that but I think every cure is worth a try.

There were 2 consecutive NE's after which I did some fast carido (on a treadmill). This really reduced my POIS to the point of where I don't even think I had it! I just felt very "chill" and relaxed, not very intense. After those two times I was foolish enough to masturbate, and that set me into the POIS spiral.

Haha, you picked a good time to ask, GC, because tonight, I had an NE. During the 4 days (what a rip-off!) I've had out of POIS, I've taken 1, 2, 2, and 3 capsules of relora 250 mg each. John advised me to work up to the dosage (Thank you John, it was a little hasty but apparently it had to be) << [should that be edited leaing Johns name out of it? I dont want to get anyone in trouble.] Anyway, I ran for sixteen minutes at 6 miles per hour and a ten inch incline. I hope that will be enough to fend off the symptoms like the last times (I think this is more that usual.)

Well, it's back off to bed with me now. I'll report back. I made plans tomorrow, wish me luck!

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5376 on: 25/08/2009 07:58:46 »
CrazyFox, I lean towards introversion. But I do have periods when I can be a "supersalesman"

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5377 on: 25/08/2009 08:00:12 »

Good Luck, Dean!

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5378 on: 25/08/2009 08:02:04 »

I am really just freaking out.  There would have to be no way that hormones can cause this feeling I am experiencing right now.

GC, why not?

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5379 on: 25/08/2009 08:05:27 »

"Introverts have reactions to two neurotransmitters. They have a low tolerance to dopamine, the thrill-seeking neurotransmitter. Essentially, introverts need way less of this than do extroverts, and too much dopamine makes them anxious and eventually drained. For introverts, outside stimulation which increases dopamine levels is much like being tickled: not so bad at first, but it can escalate and become very stressful and uncomfortable. Introverts prefer the neurotransmitter acetylcholine, which produces a feeling of calm and wellbeing. This neurotransmitter is raised during calm, reflective activities like reading or drawing."

Maybe this explains why all my life I've inexplicably had a VERY LOUSY reaction to exercise! (20 minutes of "appropriate cardio level" feels like someone poured a gallon of coffee down my throat!!!).
« Last Edit: 25/08/2009 08:29:30 by demografx »

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5380 on: 25/08/2009 08:19:28 »

I remember hearing that many people who have had had psychotic breaks and ended up going on killing sprees were found to be chronic carb addicts, eating tons and tons of carbs as a way of life....just curious who else has/had this issue....just thining about it makes me want to go get some twizzlers :)

Dan White shot and killed the Mayor of San Francisco, and the defense trotted out the now infamous "The Twinkie Defense". 'Sugar made him do it'.

Twizzlers? I'm pre-diabetic, but don't know how to live without 'em!

« Last Edit: 25/08/2009 08:30:14 by demografx »

Offline wooder

• View Profile
« Reply #5381 on: 25/08/2009 16:58:49 »
does anyone get the nervousness in hands and feet/rawness kinda feeling

I read somwewhere that this was pre parkinsons which is bit much

Offline GoingCrazy

• View Profile
« Reply #5382 on: 25/08/2009 17:11:25 »

I am really just freaking out.  There would have to be no way that hormones can cause this feeling I am experiencing right now.

GC, why not?

Hmm maybe because I just can't believe my body would concoct something so harmful and debilitating to my system.  This is where I started to believe that these hormones were released in the wrong location.

I was wondering if everybody could take a look at this picture, https://www.bcbsri.com/BCBSRIWeb/images/image_popup/ww5rn89.jpg ,and say specifically where and how they feel POIS.

For me I would say it starts off at it's worst in the cerebellum (bottom right) (worst anxiety), and then slowly works its way up from there into the cerebrum (top right, top) (more headache, less anxiety), than slowly  making its way a bit to the front of my brain (headache. This is when I experience blurry vision, maybe how it leaves my brain?)  And it slowly dissipates from there.  The time it takes for this to complete from beginning to end would be approximately  2-3 straight nights of sleep, around 2-3 days after the day of my initial orgasm.  The blurry vision i would say currently lasts til the 4th day.  This whole process is twice as worse followed by the # of times I orgasm.  1 O = 1x, 2 O = 2x, 3 O= 3x, etc.  Not worse as in time, but in POIS pain.

Maybe exercise speeds up this process?
« Last Edit: 25/08/2009 21:15:39 by goingcrazy »

Offline GoingCrazy

• View Profile
« Reply #5383 on: 25/08/2009 17:12:59 »
does anyone get the nervousness in hands and feet/rawness kinda feeling

I read somwewhere that this was pre parkinsons which is bit much

As long as you get it in POIS I would say don't worry about it.  Do you mean like shaky?

Offline Limejuice

• View Profile
« Reply #5384 on: 25/08/2009 18:25:12 »
My update - I took John's 'solution' (yogurt, blueberries, and cranberries) and broke out each food to test individually.  The purpose is to identify which food is the possible solution.

Yogurt Test - I ate yogurt with suggested brand and bacteria for 3 weeks.  I NE'd and felt normal POIS.  ***Note: John ate the yogurt mix for 3 months (right?) before cured.

Thats the first test.  I am now trying cranberries.  Thanks Demo, John, and the team for keeping hope.

EDIT - I'm excited to find out cranberries are low in carbs!
« Last Edit: 25/08/2009 18:39:53 by Limejuice »

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5385 on: 25/08/2009 18:29:48 »
GC, no way can I assign POIS agony to any one location. It is actually as John famously described in his very first post in 2007, an indescribable mental illness. The one thing I can describe is the utter desolation of being totally disconnected from the world around me. As someone else said, if the world's best joke were told in POIS, the reaction would be a DULL "...yeah..."
« Last Edit: 25/08/2009 18:32:08 by demografx »

Offline GoingCrazy

• View Profile
« Reply #5386 on: 25/08/2009 21:12:40 »
As someone else said, if the world's best joke were told in POIS, the reaction would be a DULL "...yeah..."

Hahaha, that is exactly how it is.  I literally cannot laugh in POIS.  It feels like hell but that statement totally describes it.  You really cannot assign POIS a location?  I always feel the same reaction every time in the back of my head.

Offline GoingCrazy

• View Profile
« Reply #5387 on: 25/08/2009 21:13:53 »
My update - I took John's 'solution' (yogurt, blueberries, and cranberries) and broke out each food to test individually.  The purpose is to identify which food is the possible solution.

Yogurt Test - I ate yogurt with suggested brand and bacteria for 3 weeks.  I NE'd and felt normal POIS.  ***Note: John ate the yogurt mix for 3 months (right?) before cured.

Thats the first test.  I am now trying cranberries.  Thanks Demo, John, and the team for keeping hope.

If not the cranberries or anything else, maybe it is just his prolonged celibacy?

parrotseatemall

« Reply #5388 on: 25/08/2009 22:06:14 »

If not the cranberries or anything else, maybe it is just his prolonged celibacy?

Have you tried apples?
As they say; an apple a day keeps the pois away.

Offline Limejuice

• View Profile
« Reply #5389 on: 25/08/2009 23:46:57 »

Have you tried apples?

Who says that?  Actually, I hope we all do real soon.

Offline GoingCrazy

• View Profile
« Reply #5390 on: 26/08/2009 03:35:57 »

Have you tried apples?

Haha, I'm pretty sure "they" do

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5391 on: 26/08/2009 06:09:07 »

Today is my 3rd nearly POIS-free time in recent months. Very strange. Maybe the lower frequency? Maybe the testosterone? Maybe the mood? On the other hand, I've had some nightmarish POIS recently, but it could also be attributed to the 3 variables mentioned.

Offline GoingCrazy

• View Profile
« Reply #5392 on: 26/08/2009 06:10:44 »
I was just on this website.  More incite to Lyme Disease.

http://www.mentalhealthandillness.com/Articles/SexAndLymeDisease.htm

"Orgasm induced migraine headaches:
Although uncommon, this is seen in chronic Lyme disease patients."

But haven't people on this site been tested before for Lyme Disease?

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5393 on: 26/08/2009 06:14:39 »

goingcrazy's picture: interesting pic of the pituitary gland, the seat of many POIS problems?

According to CP, 3 people here have had pituitary anomalies. My endo sent me to get an MRI of my pituitary, found a partially empty sella, not enough for him to worry about.
« Last Edit: 26/08/2009 06:18:35 by demografx »

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5394 on: 26/08/2009 06:21:16 »

I hope we all [get rid of POIS] real soon.

I second Limejuice's motion!

Offline Dean93

• View Profile
« Reply #5395 on: 26/08/2009 10:53:34 »

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5396 on: 26/08/2009 17:46:30 »

Quercetin seems good but only 4mg per apple is not suffisant to block Pois effects :)

B_Jim, if I eat 1,000 apples I'll get sick!! :)

« Last Edit: 26/08/2009 17:52:41 by demografx »

Offline Limejuice

• View Profile
« Reply #5397 on: 26/08/2009 18:14:11 »
Agreed! Sick of apples for sure and perhaps more sick than standard POIS.

Offline CrazyFox

• View Profile
« Reply #5398 on: 26/08/2009 20:16:14 »
how much does it cost to get tested for lyme disease? without insurance?

Offline GoingCrazy

• View Profile
« Reply #5399 on: 27/08/2009 00:41:27 »
I hate how NE's produce POIS symptoms  >:(... it gives you no control over the illness.  My best bet so far is to follow Johns plan for cranberries, blueberries, and yogurt.  Maybe a little "honey on toast" :D.  What's really hard is not to "give up" after an NE.  That is what I did last time and I've learned not to do that again.

Any good methods that help avoid NE's?
« Last Edit: 27/08/2009 00:44:05 by goingcrazy »

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #5399 on: 27/08/2009 00:41:27 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums