The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome (POIS)  (Read 6440763 times)

Offline Limejuice

• View Profile
Re: Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome (POIS)
« Reply #5425 on: 29/08/2009 00:48:44 »
'One capsule of concentrated cranberry juice extract (400 mg) can be taken two times per day. Several 16-ounce (500 ml) glasses of high-quality unsweetened cranberry juice from concentrate each day approximate the effect of the cranberry extract. Cranberry tincture, 1/21 teaspoon (35 ml) three times per day, can also be taken.'

Offline John21

• View Profile
« Reply #5426 on: 29/08/2009 01:08:32 »
Bottles of 100% cranberry juice are available in most health food stores and even many grocery stores in my country. If you go with juice I would recommend using this type. You can water it down if you wish, and/or add some sugar. Drinking the typical juice isle "cranberry juice" is disgustingly sugary and will have much less actual cranberry juice in it. The cranberry supplements mentioned may be worth a shot as well.

If it is the cranberries that are helping me then maybe other forms would work for me as well, but I kind of like eating the whole berry.
« Last Edit: 29/08/2009 01:13:10 by John21 »

Offline GoingCrazy

• View Profile
« Reply #5427 on: 29/08/2009 01:34:59 »
If it is the cranberries that are helping me then maybe other forms would work for me as well, but I kind of like eating the whole berry.

Keep going on your same path, I'm only drinking cranberry juice because I can't find cranberries to eat, only the sun-dried kind.

And Limejuice, what your suggesting is that i keep drinking a container a day?

Whoevers trying this, I would prepare for some prolonged toilet time, I just had a new experience today. [O8)]
« Last Edit: 29/08/2009 01:42:23 by goingcrazy »

Offline Limejuice

• View Profile
« Reply #5428 on: 29/08/2009 02:02:28 »
Drinking cranberry juice in large quantities can cause diarrhea and stomach upset...thats not what I'm suggesting.  Try the supplement.

Offline CertainlyPOIS

• View Profile
« Reply #5429 on: 29/08/2009 03:49:47 »
I have succeded in ejaculating without orgasm, but i did it after already in pois. But is very difficult to do.

do cranberry extract quality compare with real cranberries.

Offline martin88

• View Profile
« Reply #5430 on: 29/08/2009 05:04:22 »
I tried the cranberry extract (with bluberries and grape) and felt an annoying side effect (metallic taste and irritated tongue). Maybe because I was taking it out of meals. I reduced the dosage and will switch to the fruit soon.

About the cause of POIS (ejaculation vs orgasm):
I don't think it's possible to make the conclusion "ejaculation is not the cause"
based on "I had ejaculation without orgasm and had no pois". Eventually ejaculation can be renewed very quickly (or we have a good reserve) so we feel no POIS. But maybe you're right to think this. Or both can be the cause.

I'm wondering how sufferers here can sometimes be cured so quickly only with one supplement or food. Why not... When I think that only a glass of water has an incredible and almost immediate effect on me, be sure it's not placebo,  (this effect is thirsty to ok!..)

« Last Edit: 29/08/2009 05:23:30 by martin88 »

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5431 on: 29/08/2009 05:45:58 »
I do believe that POIS is caused by orgasm and orgasm alone, as I have occasionally ejaculated while successfully stopping orgasm from occurring and found no POIS aggravation, as well as staying erect and being able to continue sex. 

Wait, really? You've ejaculated while stopping orgasm? Or do you mean that you've orgasmed while stopping ejaculation. How do you ejaculate without orgasming??

If this is the same technique as we discussed on the previous page, it prevents the ejaculate from ejecting from the penis. Instead, it diverts it to the bladder and is emptied in urination.

From my experience at least, it accomplishes nothing. POIS still ravages on its usual, merry path of mind-body destruction.

Edit - upon re-reading, I see that I misunderstood. Nonorgasmic ejaculation sounds fascinating! CrazyFox, can you please tell us more?
« Last Edit: 29/08/2009 08:38:07 by demografx »

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5432 on: 29/08/2009 05:50:33 »

Limejuice, thanks much for that cautionary note on excessive cranberry consumption. BTW, do you recall the source? (Sounds like a good one for us to have).

B_Jim, or anyone else, should I try cranberry juice to augment my testosterone? Or is it meant mostly for the viral/inflammatory theory of POIS?

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5433 on: 29/08/2009 06:01:32 »

[John21 writes:]"Can you provide details on this study? In my understanding there has historically been no association between incidence of prostate cancer and celibacy."

Maybe it was just an urban myth....I could have read just the wrong thing and been influenced by it...it would possibly make sense that if one was having sexual thoughts and prostatic fluid was accumulating and not being released that it could cause problems.  I only found one study that looked into this and it found no relationship.  Perhaps it all depends on the level of true celibacy - after all one can be physically celibate, but not mentally.

I've run across a number of references over time that seem to indicate not a direct cancer/celibacy link, but more of a reverse, indirect association, i.e., ejaculation might help protect the prostate from cancer. One example:
http://www.webmd.com/prostate-cancer/news/20040406/frequent-ejaculation-prostate
« Last Edit: 29/08/2009 06:06:06 by demografx »

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5434 on: 29/08/2009 08:48:59 »

how much does it cost to get tested for lyme disease? without insurance?

If you call a hospital, ask for the laboratory for blood tests, they might help you.

Offline pyropeach

• View Profile
« Reply #5435 on: 29/08/2009 10:23:02 »
Pyro, will you still be able to connect to this forum from China?

Yes, in fact I'm currently typing this in China!  :D   

Offline John21

• View Profile
« Reply #5436 on: 29/08/2009 10:50:30 »
Demo,
I've run across a number of references over time that seem to indicate not a direct cancer/celibacy link, but more of a reverse, indirect association, i.e., ejaculation might help protect the prostate from cancer. One example:
http://www.webmd.com/prostate-cancer/news/20040406/frequent-ejaculation-prostate

I don't think that this research should necessarily be interpreted that celibacy is unhealthy for the prostate. It compares prostate cancer rates with sexual frequency among sexually active people. One possible explanation is that healthier people simply have more sex!

Offline CrazyFox

• View Profile
« Reply #5437 on: 29/08/2009 20:57:44 »
"Wait, really? You've ejaculated while stopping orgasm? Or do you mean that you've orgasmed while stopping ejaculation. How do you ejaculate without orgasming??"

-yeah, I only did it twice, but what can be done even once can be done a thousand times, and it was half by accident, and to do it upon command would take years of practice...as you may know, there are three sets of muscles down there that can possibly effect withholding (or not withholding as may be the case) ejaculate.  When it happened to me, i could tell that orgasm was immanent, so i stopped all movement, and there was one large muscle spasm which ejected a significant amount of semen, but no orgasmic release as I didn't pass the threshold, and I stayed still until I felt safe to move and then moved slowly so as not to orgasm, and then there were a few smaller spasms with more ejaculate, and I made sure to keep under the orgasm threshold, and then when I knew it was safe (moving super slow), I began a series of muscle contractions to move out whatever semen was left over and kept my erection and then just kept going for the rest of my session.  The release of pressure from the fluid being ejected gave me better control power after that for the rest of the session.  No POIS either.

Orgasm is the physiological response, and ejaculation is for the most part a mere physical response and the two can be separated.

FYI I never practiced inejaculation into the bladder...I was not a fan of that, as I never believed that the "life essence is contained within the semen," I always believed that orgasm was the culprit and that its better to remove fluid buildup whenever possible.

EDIT: oh yeah, I was practicing muscle control exercises often during the time period that this occurred, and when I felt orgasm coming, I would shift my attention away from the penis to my breathe and brain to remove excess neural energy away from the genitals...where concentration goes, energy goes, and orgasm will happen the easiest when you are focusing on the genitals and thinking thoughts of orgasm.
« Last Edit: 29/08/2009 21:01:39 by CrazyFox »

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5438 on: 30/08/2009 04:13:18 »

Pyro, will you still be able to connect to this forum from China?

Yes, in fact I'm currently typing this in China!  :D  

Pyro, it's amazing! Your typing comes across in English!! :)
« Last Edit: 30/08/2009 05:23:31 by demografx »

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5439 on: 30/08/2009 04:17:02 »

Demo : test it [Cranberry] but it seems impossible to substitute t-patch.

Thanks, B_Jim, I wasn't thinking of substituting my t-patch, just to augment it and see if I can boost my 75% to higher levels (after 30+ years of POIS, I'm now greedy!!!) :)

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5440 on: 30/08/2009 04:30:30 »
[Demo writes:] "I've run across a number of references over time that seem to indicate not a direct cancer/celibacy link, but more of a reverse, indirect association, i.e., ejaculation might help protect the prostate from cancer. One example:
http://www.webmd.com/prostate-cancer/news/20040406/frequent-ejaculation-prostate  "

Demo,
I don't think that this research should necessarily be interpreted that celibacy is unhealthy for the prostate. It compares prostate cancer rates with sexual frequency among sexually active people. One possible explanation is that healthier people simply have more sex!

John, thanks for that clarification: I wasn't quite sure how to interpret that, or even whether to post it. But prostate cancer statements in relation to sex have piqued my curiosity, ever since I started testosterone therapy (TRT), which at one time got the medical community up in arms when it was thought that TRT might instigate prostate cancer. It's since been disproven, at least according to the medical people I've been seeing.
« Last Edit: 30/08/2009 04:34:01 by demografx »

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5441 on: 30/08/2009 04:40:45 »

If cranberry is in fact a wonderful agent, I wonder if there is something "lost" in drinking the juice vs. eating the berry? Here is some relevant research:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18057874/
« Last Edit: 30/08/2009 04:46:09 by demografx »

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5442 on: 30/08/2009 05:10:58 »

« Last Edit: 30/08/2009 21:04:32 by demografx »

Offline GoingCrazy

• View Profile
« Reply #5443 on: 31/08/2009 04:11:24 »

If cranberry is in fact a wonderful agent, I wonder if there is something "lost" in drinking the juice vs. eating the berry? Here is some relevant research:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18057874/

But I think at least something in the cranberry is conserved when they convert it to cranberry juice because of these non-pois affects.

I've never been through what I went through a couple of nights ago when my brain decided to let half of it come back to life.  Right now I just feel smarter and in a better mood every day.  Tried "O-ing" like I said before and successfully did them with no pois.  Im praying to god for no placebo affect. 

From now on,
I'm resisting orgasm until my body lets me have one on my own.  100% mood right now, feel like I did before I had the infection/hormone imbalance/bacterial/tumor/chi/testosterone/sleep/mood problem                                               :)

I think the right side of my head came back to life except that it was less "shocking" to me.  I don't feel any of these POIS "moods", it was like I never had them.
« Last Edit: 31/08/2009 04:13:34 by goingcrazy »

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5444 on: 31/08/2009 05:41:56 »

how much does it cost to get tested for lyme disease? without insurance?

If you call a hospital, ask for the laboratory for blood tests, they might help you.

CrazyFox, these sources may be useful:
from http://www.canlyme.com/links.html

Lyme Testing
Igenex Labs
Sao Palto, California

Clongen Labs,
Germantown, Maryland

Stony Brook University Medical laboratory,
Stony Brook, New York

Medical Diagnostic Laboratories (MDL)
Mt. Laurel, NJ

Specialty Laboratories (Test tick also)
Santa Monica, CA

Laboratory Corporation of America
Burlington, NC

Sunrise Medical Laboratories
Hauppauge, NY

Borreliose Centrum (labor und Klinik)
Augsburg, Germany

Tick Testing (for Lyme disease)
Connecticut Pathology Laboratories, Inc. (CPL)
Laboratory Manager
1320 Main St., Ste. 24
Willimantic, CT, 06226
860 450-1823
860 450-0174 (fax)

Offline CertainlyPOIS

• View Profile
« Reply #5445 on: 31/08/2009 06:50:41 »
I just want to say, if these cranberries ends up been what we are looking for am going to be beyond hot, something so easy to get for something so debillitating.

Oh yeah after getting used to craberries sour effect, they are not that bad.

Offline CertainlyPOIS

• View Profile
« Reply #5446 on: 31/08/2009 07:32:33 »
Phytochemicals in fruits and vegetables can have complementary and overlapping effects on oxidative stress, the immune system, gene expression in cell proliferation and apoptosis, and hormone metabolism, and they can have direct antibacterial and antiviral activities

http://pubs.acs.org/doi/full/10.1021/jf0352778?cookieSet=1

according  cranberries and vegetables are connected to the whole enchilads

Offline GoingCrazy

• View Profile
« Reply #5447 on: 31/08/2009 19:20:00 »
I just want to say, if these cranberries ends up been what we are looking for am going to be beyond hot, something so easy to get for something so debillitating.

I feel you, than again, im happy we actually found something

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5448 on: 31/08/2009 23:10:30 »

...as it is for cranberries :)
« Last Edit: 31/08/2009 23:22:46 by demografx »

Offline GoingCrazy

• View Profile
« Reply #5449 on: 01/09/2009 00:04:32 »

...as it is for cranberries :)

Hey, you never know.  It's only been less than a week for some people (me).  I hope you guys have similar experiences as I.
« Last Edit: 01/09/2009 00:17:09 by goingcrazy »

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #5449 on: 01/09/2009 00:04:32 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums