The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome (POIS)  (Read 6441495 times)

Offline CertainlyPOIS

• View Profile
Re: Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome (POIS)
« Reply #5750 on: 08/10/2009 20:29:33 »
I looked at old test result and saw that my free testosterone is way below normal for any age.
19 pg/ml   35- 155pg/ml  I dismissed it because urologist told me my total was to high then
but that that i took that blood test i started recovery faster than usual.

2nd test free testosterone is low but not out of range but total T very close to lower range.

if put these these two test together, do you guys think it will warrant some attention.

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5751 on: 08/10/2009 22:22:17 »

demografx, I don't know why you were taking reglan (metochlopramide)[sic] daily, which is very good accompanied with acetaminophen to treat headaches with nausea by the way, but it's a secret to no one that metochlopramide increases prolactin level. Why? because it's a dopamine antagonist. Even a fist [sic] year med student would know that. And this prolactin stimulating effect has precisely been used to induce lactation in women!

Again, I said it's not well known or studied in men, not women. As I mentioned earlier, prolactin's role in women is widespread common knowledge.

And I have indeed talked to endocrinologists and some bright med school students who confirm it's rarely studied. In men, prolactin is basically ignored.

Yes, I heard all about the reglan/dopamine antagonist scenario from one expert...who had to look it up. The rest basically were not concerned about hyperprolactinemia. Except for prolactin partially being responsible for the low libido. But that was being treated very well.

I cured the high prolactin count and went from 90 to 9.

Paulrx, it's a highly specialized world we live in, and I don't fault the physicians and others I consulted for not knowing more about prolactin.

I'm sure you'll agree that it's impossible for any one physician or health care provider to keep up with the explosive growth in worldwide data, studies, treatments, etc. My endo, for example, specializes, as many do, in this case diabetes.

The miracle is that my endo was politically brave enough to take on POIS!

All the drugs I mentioned [including bromocriptine] have [a] very safe profile.

Bromocriptine - - Combined with MAO inhibitors:  Dangerous rise in blood pressure; When driving: Danger increases if you drink alcohol or take medicine affecting alertness and reflexes, such as antihistamines, tranquilizers, sedatives, pain medicine, narcotics and mind-altering drugs. (From MD Advice).

I don't often see the word "danger" when side effects are mentioned.

Prolonged use:

May lead to uncontrolled movements of head, face, mouth, tongue, arms or legs. (same source)

Bromocriptine is an anti-Parkinson's disease drug. That alone scares me. Even if taken once a year.

Back to the medical world's knowledge base, read up on this forum's history with health care providers, and you'll see the decades long struggle of getting ANY doctor to take notice of our POIS! And when they do, they often just refer us to shrinks...because "it's all in our heads"!

What I'm saying is that, until serious scientific research happens, we have some very primitive problems to deal with.
« Last Edit: 09/10/2009 17:53:07 by demografx »

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5752 on: 08/10/2009 22:33:11 »

Your friend is a biochemist, not a biophysicist.

Ph.D. in Biophysics from the University of Chicago.

(1) POIS is obviously a major neuro-endocrine anomaly...(2) POIS is not due to a serotonin imbalance...(3) (prolactin) just initiate(s) a cascade when the prolactin spike is above a certain threshold...

Not proven!

Besides, we have found in our 3 years here that there are many varieties of POIS, as different as night from day.

To conclude, 5-HTP would not be a cure for POIS.

Which type of POIS?

Paulrx, I respectfully urge you to review at least some of the massive history we've accumulated here. Some of your statements reflect a gap. We have worked with an impressive group of medical/technical people both within and outside this forum, such as my Harvard friend.

Learn what we have found.

But you do have some ideas to add to our growing list of plausible ideas, perhaps for future testing. Thank you for that.
« Last Edit: 10/10/2009 08:34:16 by demografx »

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5753 on: 08/10/2009 23:50:29 »

I looked at old test result and saw that my free testosterone is way below normal for any age.
19 pg/ml   35- 155pg/ml  I dismissed it because urologist told me my total was to high then
but that that i took that blood test i started recovery faster than usual.

2nd test free testosterone is low but not out of range but total T very close to lower range.

if put these these two test together, do you guys think it will warrant some attention?

Definitely, CC!

My endo and a previous urologist and a previous GP, all had no problem (eventually, when I promised to stop screaming  ;D) to increase my dose, even when my T was "normal". But I emphatically urged that I wanted this treatment for POIS and not for insufficient testosterone. And I kept insisting! And some of this insistence was back in the day when fear was widespread about T and cancer. So I just agreed to any kind of monitoring they wanted to do. And yes, I told them I was desperate. But without a wild gleam in my eye. :)

And I also cited the internationally well-respected Czech researcher whom I found and consulted with, after 20-30 years of dark, dead-end alleys, and his firm conclusion was: testosterone-for-POIS! This was around the time that Dr Waldinger's study first came out in 2002.

I worried that "Professor Czech" was possibly crazy but I-just-didn't-care! If someone told me cyanide.....no, forget that :D
« Last Edit: 09/10/2009 00:18:45 by demografx »

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5754 on: 09/10/2009 00:12:46 »

I believe most the POIS sufferers are wrongly assuming that orgasm is the culprit, it's more likely the ejaculation [is].

So we'll have to change our name to PEIS? Won't that offend the PENIS people??? ;D
« Last Edit: 09/10/2009 00:19:49 by demografx »

Offline GoingCrazy

• View Profile
« Reply #5755 on: 09/10/2009 01:18:17 »

I believe most the POIS sufferers are wrongly assuming that orgasm is the culprit, it's more likely the ejaculation [is].

So we'll have to change our name to PEIS? Won't that offend the PENIS people??? ;D

Like some others on here, POIS arises from the good feeling of sex, whether orgasmic or not for me.

I also think that POIS is not relatively a new condition.  Maybe even people thousands of years ago had this disease.  Maybe even 50 years ago, internet sites like this were unavailable.  But I think that some people actually cured their POIS without using sites such as these.  Say if you had this disease for 5 years and cured it, say abstinence was the main cause to slow healing, would you than search the internet about post orgasmic illness if you didn't have it anymore?  Certainly for me the more POIS I have the more I am on this site.  I just can't believe this would be a new condition

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5756 on: 09/10/2009 17:23:54 »

Like some others on here, POIS arises from the good feeling of sex, whether orgasmic or not for me.

I also think that POIS is not relatively a new condition.  Maybe even people thousands of years ago had this disease.  Maybe even 50 years ago, internet sites like this were unavailable.  But I think that some people actually cured their POIS without using sites such as these.  Say if you had this disease for 5 years and cured it, say abstinence was the main cause to slow healing, would you than search the internet about post orgasmic illness if you didn't have it anymore?  Certainly for me the more POIS I have the more I am on this site.  I just can't believe this would be a new condition

Asian populations were writing about "POIS" 5,000 years ago! (as postorgasmic, serious loss of energy and poor physical/mental state).

One thing that puzzles me is that from reading about Asian medicine, "POIS" symptoms seem to be widespread, but here in the U.S. and in Western countries, POIS seems to be rare.

Anyone have an idea, why is POIS rare here but widespread over there? Is it our embarrassment over sex, preventing us from talking about it?

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5757 on: 09/10/2009 21:58:04 »

I asked my psychiatrist today what she thought of the fact that Asian populations have seemingly enormous writing and discussion and symptom-description on "POIS" compared to us here in the West. She thinks that Asian populations just might be more genetically susceptible to POIS. Makes sense to me: there are illnesses that are disproportionately found in other populations; African-American, Ashkenazi Jewish, etc.

Perhaps we here would do well to find out what mainstream Asian medicine (not the naturopathic, "chi" alternative therapies which have not shown us much)  has to say about POIS!

Anyone have a thought about that?

« Last Edit: 09/10/2009 22:08:44 by demografx »

Offline Dean93

• View Profile
« Reply #5758 on: 10/10/2009 03:25:54 »
That was my thought Demo, but although POIS may be similar, or identical, to its equivalent in Asia, their names are certainly not the same. Does anyone have any knowledge that could help bridge the gap? Search terms perhaps?

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5759 on: 10/10/2009 05:30:46 »

Thanks, Dean! Search terms, yes, excellent idea. I just emailed Pyropeach, who is in China, to see if he can help.

FWIW, Google in China is http://www.google.cn
« Last Edit: 10/10/2009 06:07:35 by demografx »

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5760 on: 10/10/2009 06:02:53 »
Just ran across these articles, interesting POIS reference material from 2005 and 2006 that I haven't seen before.

Co-edited by the "Founder of POIS", Dr. Marcel Waldinger. It's a special issue on Ejaculatory Disorders: 14 articles. From the World Journal of Urology: http://www.springerlink.com/content/v575n5775g64/?p=e663345222fb416bb3dd0f785fcc8eb9&pi=27

Another World Journal of Urology article of interest:
"Endocrine response to masturbation-induced orgasm in healthy men following a 3-week sexual abstinence"
http://www.springerlink.com/content/1elxf861chc5p9jv/?p=ae214cf7feac435cb19b25ee60ae15c1&pi=0

I'll send these to Counterpoints for possible POIS Wikipedia inclusion.
« Last Edit: 10/10/2009 06:09:01 by demografx »

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5761 on: 10/10/2009 06:41:07 »

Would anyone here be interested in my approaching a testosterone manufacturer (like Androderm/Watson Pharmaceuticals) to see if they would be interested in conducting research, clinical trials into the use of testosterone as a way to alleviate POIS - for low- testosterone and normal-testosterone POIS sufferers alike? Feel free to post your answer here or to send me a Private Message.

Today I initiated contact with Watson Pharmaceuticals (WP). No email, just a cold telephone call. Friday afternoon is not an ideal time to do that, but I just felt like "let's do it already!".

I left one message (to return my call), but I tried calling back several times.

So far, it seems like we have 4-5 people here interested if I can get them interested. If you are (see the quote above from my earlier post), let me know if you haven't already! Thanks.

Will keep you posted on progress (or lack thereof) with WP.
« Last Edit: 10/10/2009 08:23:53 by demografx »

Offline Defsync

• View Profile
« Reply #5762 on: 10/10/2009 14:48:24 »

I asked my psychiatrist today what she thought of the fact that Asian populations have seemingly enormous writing and discussion and symptom-description on "POIS" compared to us here in the West. She thinks that Asian populations just might be more genetically susceptible to POIS. Makes sense to me: there are illnesses that are disproportionately found in other populations; African-American, Ashkenazi Jewish, etc.

Perhaps we here would do well to find out what mainstream Asian medicine (not the naturopathic, "chi" alternative therapies which have not shown us much)  has to say about POIS!

Anyone have a thought about that?

To be honest i think it has to do with the asians (more specifically chinese) historically being able to detect very slight balances and functions within the body that western medicine seems to have skipped over. Now I dont believe in chi or anything, but I do believe their take on chi is a slight metaphysical interpretation of concrete nervous structures and relations within the human body. For example, they say they can feel your palm/hand and know where "distress" is in your body. Some organs can be in distress without conscious pain registering, though there may be other painless nerve signals being sent that manifest themselves in small almost imperceptible clenching of muscles in the hand.

Thousands of years ago Chinese monks were able to figure out that even in a normal person, by not having any sex, a male can have a slight increase in his intellectual function. When a monkish order has a few millennium to sit around and think about crap, you'd be surprised what revelations they can come up with =P

Offline John21

• View Profile
« Reply #5763 on: 10/10/2009 17:02:17 »
Update

I had an NE early in the week and again I had no immediate cognative changes, yet later in the week I did have some loss of function plus emotional irritation (what I have referred to as Phase B)

(As I have previously explained my typical POIS episodes consisted of severe cognative changes which lasted several days to a week, followed by days of feeling "burnt out". By burnt out I mean mentally degraded, like my mind is slowed down and I therefore can't perform mentally as well and feel quite stupid. This state is quite different from the state of emotional burn out, in which a person is emotionally exhausted. In my "Phase B" I am simply slow on the draw and struggle because of it.)

The bacterial/virus ideas now sound doubtful in light of my continuing symptoms, mild as they may be. It has been suggested that my chastity could be responsible for healing my system such that the severity is reduced, and this does sound plausible to me. But still I won't rule anything out.

Again I am wondering whether my current tamer form of POIS is actually more widespread than is recognized. If it wasn't for my years and years of suffering severely in the days following sex I don't think that I would make the association between my mental ability and emotional state five days afterward. Maybe some people's "bad days" are similar to my Phase B.  Maybe this is what the Chinese monks figured out.

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5764 on: 10/10/2009 20:34:37 »
John, what a coincidence, I just spoke yesterday to my shrink about the difficulty of connecting the dots between sex and symptoms, ESPECIALLY when symptoms are delayed.  I know it took me  and others here, YEARS to recognize!

Our relationship-expert-forum-member "reuniting" also feels that "tamer POIS" might be more widespread.

That bodes well for our getting research funding!

Offline bruxe

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #5765 on: 10/10/2009 21:52:12 »
hi
i'm new here
i'm so happy  to join you
i'm  from belgium 27y male  (sorry my english isn't so good)
yes, i 'm a Pois sufferer, it caused me many probleme in my life (separation,depression,weaknes....)
this syndrome destroyed me life, i live alone no girlfriend no wife  no masturbation ...

Symptoms:
1)normal sexual life with woman "orgasme" every day or 4 at 5 time per week

-Strong fatigue
-Low mental energy
-very low motivation
-big anxiety and social phobia
-headache
-feeling little hot
-many Muscular cramp...i can't stretch
-lose my haire
-backache
-prostate ache when i piss
- kidney ache
-my skin pricks me  everywhere and any time
-probleme with my eyes i cant open its morning i must use my hand
-nightmare
-big brain fog non stop 24/24 7/7 
-my hand and my body shake like a mini "parkinson syndrome"
-palpitation
-weak blood pressure
-ache in testicles
-no erection after orgasme
-premature ejaculation
-I feel hungry all the time
-probleme digestivea "gas"
-articulation probleme "knee"
2-- alone abstinence 1 week

-nightmare  still 2 day after orgasme
-I feel hungry 1day
-palpitation  1day
-Strong fatigue 3day
-very low motivation 3day
-my skin pricks me  everywhere and anytime  4day
-big brain fog non stop 24/24  6day 
-feeling little hot 1 day
-headache 4 day

3-- alone abstinence 2 weeks

-nightmare  still 1 day after orgasme
-I feel hungry  1day
-palpitation  1day
-Strong fatigue 1day
-very low motivation 2day
-my skin pricks me  everywhere and any time  2day
-big brain fog non stop 24/24  2day 

3-- alone abstinence3 weeks

-I feel hungry  1day
-palpitation  1day
-not Strong fatigue
-low motivation
-not big brain fog non stop 24/24  1day 

4--never tried 4 weeks abstinence

solution
i never found a solution of my probleme
but
i do sport for increase level  dopamine an testosterone
café and salt for more blood presure

i will begin two treatments next week  "Phosphatidylserine" and  "Magnesium chloride"
I hope it will works for me.

Thank you
« Last Edit: 10/10/2009 22:27:14 by bruxe »

Offline Finally

• View Profile
« Reply #5766 on: 10/10/2009 22:14:02 »
Hello guys,

I think I have solution not to cure POIS but to totally bypass it. It's called male multiple orgasm. There're techniques out there to achieve what's often referred as to dry orgasm. In other words, by learning how to have orgasm without ejaculation, you would totally bypass POIS.
I encourage you to visit a board called www.malemultiple.org where all the techniques and experiences are discussed freely. I'll also ask the moderators there if we can start a specific thread on POIS and MMO.
I truly believe that this is the way to go to combat this awful POIS!

Paul

yeah i can do that but it doesnt work for me, as i've stated before whatever causes the "feel good" sensation, with or without ejac, causes my POIS

I have found that although reaching ejaculation results in the most severe POIs symptoms sexual stimulation will cause a moderate amoun of symptoms lasting a shorter time but over a length of time will form a cumulative effect.
Since taking herbal and other natural  supplements I have reduced the severity and duration(from about 4 days to 1).

Temperature:  I noticed about 1-1.5 degree F increase in body temperature both under the toungue and underarm.  Testing the groin area it was the same in and put of POIS.

I am looking into the possible effect of Quercetin(on order) on POIs symptoms.  I was wondering if anyone has tried this?

Another Thing I have noticed.  I bought some Dried Ginger(coated with sugar) basically as a snack and noticed some positive reults with muscle stifness and fatigue.

Offline GoingCrazy

• View Profile
« Reply #5767 on: 10/10/2009 22:18:18 »
hey guys, anybody think that POIS could just be a symptom of depression?  I feel like the more abstinent I am and the more I live my life the more non-depressed I am, and I just had 2 orgasms without the POIS that I used to have, probably half times as better.  I think that the depressed brain cannot handle sex, this is what causes POIS.  Plus there is a lot of correlation between depression and not wanting sex.  Maybe we can think ourselves out of this.  My parents were telling me that by just adjusting the way you think can have a great deal of changes on your body chemistry.  Just an idea.  The addiction thing is still in my mind.
« Last Edit: 10/10/2009 22:51:26 by goingcrazy »

Offline Counterpoints

• View Profile
« Reply #5768 on: 10/10/2009 23:12:11 »
hi
i'm new here
i'm so happy  to join you
i'm  from belgium 27y male  (sorry my english isn't so good)
yes, i 'm a Pois sufferer, it caused me many probleme in my life (separation,depression,weaknes....)
this syndrome destroyed me life, i live alone no girlfriend no wife  no masturbation ...

Symptoms:
1)normal sexual life with woman "orgasme" every day or 4 at 5 time per week

-Strong fatigue
-Low mental energy
-very low motivation
-big anxiety and social phobia
-headache
-feeling little hot
-many Muscular cramp...i can't stretch
-lose my haire
-backache
-prostate ache when i piss
- kidney ache
-my skin pricks me  everywhere and any time
-probleme with my eyes i cant open its morning i must use my hand
-nightmare
-big brain fog non stop 24/24 7/7 
-my hand and my body shake like a mini "parkinson syndrome"
-palpitation
-weak blood pressure
-ache in testicles
-no erection after orgasme
-premature ejaculation
-I feel hungry all the time
-probleme digestivea "gas"
-articulation probleme "knee"
2-- alone abstinence 1 week

-nightmare  still 2 day after orgasme
-I feel hungry 1day
-palpitation  1day
-Strong fatigue 3day
-very low motivation 3day
-my skin pricks me  everywhere and anytime  4day
-big brain fog non stop 24/24  6day 
-feeling little hot 1 day
-headache 4 day

3-- alone abstinence 2 weeks

-I feel hungry  1day
-palpitation  1day
-Strong fatigue 1day
-very low motivation 2day
-my skin pricks me  everywhere and any time  2day
-big brain fog non stop 24/24  2day 

3-- alone abstinence3 weeks

-I feel hungry  1day
-palpitation  1day
-not Strong fatigue
-low motivation
-not big brain fog non stop 24/24  1day 

4--never tried 4 weeks abstinence

solution
i never found a solution of my probleme
but
i do sport for increase level  dopamine an testosterone
café and salt for more blood presure

i will begin two treatments next week  "Phosphatidylserine" and  "Magnesium chloride"
I hope it will works for me.

Thank you

bruxe,

Welcome.  You may want to get a pituitary MRI, with contrast.  It seems that a pituitary adenoma/abnormality might be the cause of these symptoms. 

Several people here have reported one.

Offline martin88

• View Profile
« Reply #5769 on: 11/10/2009 00:09:36 »
Hi Bruxe, I can feel your stress! Social phobia + solitude, I don't know how you can deal with this.

About asian debate, I think pois was also mentionned in western countries. Hippocrates (the father of medicine), Aristotle, and more recently Tissot and very probably a lot more were all convinced of a disease caused by orgasm or semen loss. Without mentionning the catholic religion.. and now us!

Demo, nice job with the pharm company.
I spent 15 years making theories, talking to MDs, trying supplements to cure POIS, with results but not enough. After 15 years I stopped and accepted the fact.. till I found this forum.
Even the famous people mentionned above knew POIS was real but couldn't prove it. That's why I think we absolutely need to be more dedicated to find researchers, otherwise we'll stay in darkness for the rest of our life, like other had been in the past.
All theories mentionned here are very welcome, and I like a lot to read them, but we'll NEVER know for sure without a good research.
« Last Edit: 02/11/2009 23:01:29 by martin88 »

Offline hurray

• View Profile
« Reply #5770 on: 11/10/2009 01:57:12 »

Paulrx, your ideas are very interesting. Was it just the post-ejac solo-neurochemical-manifestation or something else that brought you to the prolactin theory? Your idea caught my attention because I panicked for months about my sky-high prolactin (10X reference range) and found myself to be my own doctor because no one knows anything about prolactin in men! I cured it by quitting reglan, which I found in wikipedia to often cause prolactin increase. Amazingly, none of my top physicians were aware of that. Again, male prolactin sdeems to be ignored by the medical community.

Do you think an (f)MRI at orgasm could reveal an abnormally high prolactin spike? Or maybe we just need to do a routine hormonal lab test immediately after orgasm to tell the story. Then perhaps we can do a comparison of those results with a non-POIS "normal" individual also at orgasm. Statistical reliability would of course require more than just 2 individuals.

I think that there could well be some truth in the prolactin theory.

The main wikipedia entry on dopamine suggests that there may well be a balance between dopamine and prolactin - more dopamine means less prolactin, more prolactin means less dopamine.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dopamine#Regulating_prolactin_secretion

Regulating prolactin secretion
Dopamine is the primary neuroendocrine inhibitor of the secretion of prolactin from the anterior pituitary gland. [12] Dopamine produced by neurons in the arcuate nucleus of the hypothalamus is secreted into the hypothalamo-hypophysial blood vessels of the median eminence, which supply the pituitary gland. The lactotrope cells that produce prolactin, in the absence of dopamine, secrete prolactin continuously; dopamine inhibits this secretion. Thus, in the context of regulating prolactin secretion, dopamine is occasionally called prolactin-inhibiting factor (PIF), prolactin-inhibiting hormone (PIH), or prolactostatin. Prolactin also seems to inhibit dopamine release, such as after orgasm, and is chiefly responsible for the refractory period.

This goes back to a theory about POIS that we've discussed - the better the "quality" of orgasm, the less severe the symptoms of POIS are.

It stands to reason that better quality orgasms release more dopamine, which in turn inhibits the prolactin release, and possibly neutralises the symptoms of POIS.

Anybody think there may be something in this?

Offline hurray

• View Profile
« Reply #5771 on: 11/10/2009 02:15:44 »
This article suggests a link between increased testosterone and increased dopamine!

http://linkinghub.elsevier.com/retrieve/pii/S0361923097002116

Therefore, one means by which testosterone may promote copulation is by upregulating nitric oxide synthesis in the MPOA, which in turn enhances dopamine release.

Could this be why testosterone works for you, demografx?

Good work with Watson Pharmaceuticals Demo, hope you can make a breakthrough!
« Last Edit: 11/10/2009 02:24:06 by hurray »

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5772 on: 11/10/2009 03:18:35 »

Just ran across these articles, interesting POIS reference material from 2005 and 2006 that I haven't seen before.

(1)  ...

(2) Another World Journal of Urology article of interest:
"Endocrine response to masturbation-induced orgasm in healthy men following a 3-week sexual abstinence"
http://www.springerlink.com/content/1elxf861chc5p9jv/?p=ae214cf7feac435cb19b25ee60ae15c1&pi=0

I'll send these to Counterpoints for possible POIS Wikipedia inclusion.

My mistake! The 2nd reference (listed above) of the two WJU references that I mentioned in my earlier post, was posted by Martin here...twice!

Martin has also added the research physician's email address to our database for POIS funding/research outreach for this forum.

Sorry, Martin, and thanks very much for all your help!

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5773 on: 11/10/2009 03:26:53 »

This article suggests a link between increased testosterone and increased dopamine!

http://linkinghub.elsevier.com/retrieve/pii/S0361923097002116

Therefore, one means by which testosterone may promote copulation is by upregulating nitric oxide synthesis in the MPOA, which in turn enhances dopamine release.

Could this be why testosterone works for you, demografx?

Good work with Watson Pharmaceuticals Demo, hope you can make a breakthrough!

THANX, hurray! This makes perfect sense!

Offline martin88

• View Profile
« Reply #5774 on: 11/10/2009 14:11:51 »
Sorry, Martin, and thanks very much for all your help!
No problem!

Maybe promising for POIS, a new form of antidepressant without sexual side effect :
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agomelatine

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #5774 on: 11/10/2009 14:11:51 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums