The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome (POIS)  (Read 6454529 times)

Offline Z_one

• View Profile
Re: Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome (POIS)
« Reply #6200 on: 28/11/2009 13:08:46 »
I feel like my whole life is being wasted in front of my eyes, and no body in my family knows how much I suffer because of this.     

I fully agree with you...and trust me you're not more desperate than anyone on this forum.....and the threads speak for themselves....we're just all working hard as much as we can to try getting out of this misery.......and welcome aboard...
« Last Edit: 28/11/2009 14:21:58 by Z_one »

Offline mental

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #6201 on: 28/11/2009 13:57:46 »
guys I just saw this video on youtube
The video mentions something about brain activity during orgasm, so maybe we have something wrong when it comes to the anxiety part of the brain not being deactivated or something.
and guys is it possible to do something similar to the experiment in the video, maybe someone can volunteer or can contact the university in Holland.   

Offline Mr_Canadian

• View Profile
« Reply #6202 on: 28/11/2009 20:28:47 »
Magnesium Theory

Hello everyone - I'd like to share some observations and a theory regarding the cause (and possible treatment) for POIS. Having read through a zillion pages of this thread, I noticed many connected items that could provide some insight.

1) John21's solution involved eliminating milk products, which of course are sources of abundant calcium. Calcium burns through magnesium (it's required to process the calcium), to the point where one can be loaded with calcium and still face calcium deficiency.

2) Demografx's solution may in fact be twofold. His testosterone patches seemed to seal the deal, and magnesium is directly related with T-levels in the blood. Additionally, Adderall and other amphetamines raise Mg serum levels, and interestingly, Mg supplementation supposedly decreases amph. tolerance - likely not due to the medication, but because the amph. is masking the original deficiency.

3) There are common themes among many of the members here - depression, anxiety, attention deficit disorders, and especially premature ejaculation, the latter of which is a distinct indication of magnesium deficiency. There are many papers floating around that attach the other symptoms to lackluster Mg levels as well.

4) Neurotransmitters require Mg for the production and regulation. More interesting is that in a test with male rats and hypertension, high doses of Mg not only relieved the hypertension, but caused a surge of dopamine at the top of the brain stem - precisely where male dopamine release stems from according to the video posted by mental.

5) At least two posters I've come across here (and whose names elude me) reported improvement of POIS symptoms with Mg supplementation. One went on to say it worked in his youth, but not now. Mineral absorption decreases with age - perhaps the type of Mg and dosage have large impacts on replenishment.

6) A female poster, whose name also eludes me, reported that she took an Advil before and an antacid after and experienced relief. One can guess what one of the primary ingredients of antacids are due to its alkalizing effect - magnesium.

7) Histamine production raises in the absence of purposefully Mg-starved rats.

8) Mg regulates unnatural neurotransmitter production in the brain center of rats due to oxygen starvation.

9) Mg regulates blood sugar levels - the more sugar one eats, the more Mg is likely burnt through such regulation.

10) Mg is burnt through stress and any sort of activity, especially strenuous activity.

11) Every POIS symptom - every single one - could be lined up with an Mg-deficiency symptom list.
« Last Edit: 28/11/2009 23:33:53 by Mr_Canadian »

Offline Pablo445

• View Profile
« Reply #6203 on: 28/11/2009 21:30:33 »
The video mentions something about brain activity during orgasm, so maybe we have something wrong when it comes to the anxiety part of the brain not being deactivated or something.
and guys is it possible to do something similar to the experiment in the video, maybe someone can volunteer or can contact the university in Holland.  

Thanks Mental - this is interesting. First the scientist will want to understand what a "normal" orgasm represents. Then they might want to look at the "not-normal" orgasm. It is nice to see people researching this topic with modern tools. The part that really interested me though is the part where you see people getting ready to jump off the cliff. It got my attention because the few times I did para-sailing I had a POIS like episode afterward! Same kind of symptoms. First the excitement and euphoria followed by several days of fatigue, mind fog, anxiety, feeling depleted,  etc. Same pattern - not as strong as with an orgasm but same pattern. It happens with any big stress for me - whether it is a positive fun stress like parasailing or a tragic incident. Similar hormonal response. So to me that says it is clearly a neurotransmitters disorder. At least for my POIS. And I will look at healing strategies with this conclusion in mind.

Offline John21

• View Profile
« Reply #6204 on: 28/11/2009 23:01:08 »
Mr_CDN,

Thanks for this info. I am quite sure I have been down that road before, but I can not recall. Perhaps magnesium supplementation is a good idea to try, the idea fits nicely with my chronic insomnia. Also maybe my POIS back pains (my first POIS symptoms) were due to low magnesium. 

From this site.

Magnesium Deficiency Symptoms
Some of the common symptoms of magnesium deficiency include:[27,40,41]

Chronic fatigue, weakness and exhaustion
Excessive noise and pain sensitivity
High blood pressure
Headaches
Irritability, nervousness, anxiety
Depression and apathy
Muscle spasms, tics, cramps, tremors (especially of hands, feet, or facial muscles)
Difficulty with memory and concentration
Insomnia
Chronic constipation
Chronic excessive muscle tension
Confusion and disorientation
Anorexia (poor appetite)
Emotional instability/overreaction
Ataxia (an impaired ability to coordinate movement)
Irregular or rapid heartbeat

My diet has improved over the years, could an improvement in magnesium absorption be the reason for my lack of POIS (at times)? Woo-hoo, another supplement to throw money at! :)

Offline Mr_Canadian

• View Profile
« Reply #6205 on: 28/11/2009 23:55:43 »
I suppose "magnesium deficiency" is actually a misnomer - it would be like calling an immobile car "gas deficient", and I realize now it sounds sort of corny because the term is tossed around so much.

I guess my main point is that there is a strange connection between what everyone is experiencing here and Mg. I became particularly interested when I was reading papers about Mg and depression, and a fellow who had supplemented with Mg was not only able to reestablish his mental state - but also mysteriously correct another problem he had suffered for some time, which was PE.

Mg seems almost like a sort of fuel that keeps us going through stress, activity and bodily function, and once it's down too low, processes start to go haywire.

Even take Pablo's comment - anything stressful puts him in a "POIS" state, and I'm willing to bet money that POIS is yet another huge indicator that there is something lacking in the body, especially since while it feels good, sex is incredibly stressful. Is it that we're driving on empty?

I think the road to take would be to eat a diet that offers enough Mg, but also cuts out Mg depleting foods such as sugar, milk and anything processed. Basically the garbage we stuff ourselves with every day.

The second step would be to stay away from that which uses up the fuel quicker than it can be replenished until one is healthy again - including excessive stress, activity and so on. Adding more Mg is pointless if it's always being drained.

A pill once a day on top of that wouldn't hurt, but one needs to take into account the type of Mg and the duration for which they're taking it, both of which are incredibly important beyond measure.

Mr_CDN,

Thanks for this info. I am quite sure I have been down that road before, but I can not recall. Perhaps magnesium supplementation is a good idea to try, the idea fits nicely with my chronic insomnia. Also maybe my POIS back pains (my first POIS symptoms) were due to low magnesium. 

From newbielink:http://intelegen.com/nutrients/magnesium.htm [nonactive]
Magnesium Deficiency Symptoms
Some of the common symptoms of magnesium deficiency include:[27,40,41]

Chronic fatigue, weakness and exhaustion
Excessive noise and pain sensitivity
High blood pressure
Headaches
Irritability, nervousness, anxiety
Depression and apathy
Muscle spasms, tics, cramps, tremors (especially of hands, feet, or facial muscles)
Difficulty with memory and concentration
Insomnia
Chronic constipation
Chronic excessive muscle tension
Confusion and disorientation
Anorexia (poor appetite)
Emotional instability/overreaction
Ataxia (an impaired ability to coordinate movement)
Irregular or rapid heartbeat

My diet has improved over the years, could an improvement in magnesium absorption be the reason for my lack of POIS (at times)? Woo-hoo, another supplement to throw money at! :)

Offline Limejuice

• View Profile
« Reply #6206 on: 29/11/2009 00:41:46 »
EDS, how does the supplemented T continue to work for you?  At the same success as before, better, or worst?  Thanks!

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6207 on: 29/11/2009 04:14:54 »

Thanks Mental - this is interesting. First the scientist will want to understand what a "normal" orgasm represents. Then they might want to look at the "not-normal" orgasm. It is nice to see people researching this topic with modern tools. The part that really interested me though is the part where you see people getting ready to jump off the cliff. It got my attention because the few times I did para-sailing I had a POIS like episode afterward! Same kind of symptoms. First the excitement and euphoria followed by several days of fatigue, mind fog, anxiety, feeling depleted,  etc. Same pattern - not as strong as with an orgasm but same pattern. It happens with any big stress for me - whether it is a positive fun stress like parasailing or a tragic incident. Similar hormonal response. So to me that says it is clearly a neurotransmitters disorder. At least for my POIS. And I will look at healing strategies with this conclusion in mind.

BRAIN SCAN OF ORGASM

Thanks, "mental" and Pablo! This is an interesting video on Sex and the Brain, which includes Dr. Gert Holstege, a pioneer of scanning during orgasm. One of our members has already been in touch with him. I'll repeat mental's video link:

Dr. Holstege's paper, "Brain Activation during Human Male Ejaculation"
http://www.jneurosci.org/cgi/content/full/23/27/9185

We could approach Dr Holstege to see if he has interest in studying our postorgasmic data (realtime via fMRI) and POIS?

He's in the Netherlands.

Some of us in the forum are near the Netherlands. OR Holstege might be interested in working with U.S. counterparts? (Other researchers he could recommend here who could carry out the mechanics of scanning volunteers from this forum).

Any other thoughts?
« Last Edit: 29/11/2009 05:19:05 by demografx »

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6208 on: 29/11/2009 04:17:07 »

Mr_Canadian, welcome to the POIS thread of The Naked Science Forum.

Here are some POIS resources which may be helpful to you:

Our new POIS Information Website, built by "mat780", is here:
http://sites.google.com/site/POISwebsite/

Please see "B_Jim"'s POIS Summary of All Cases, here as well as others on the Web. This includes remedies that we have tested, and results.
http://www.thenakedscientists.com/forum/index.php?topic=6576.msg149009#msg149009

"Girlwind" has created an excellent POIS Video:

And filling out the POIS survey created by "Counterpoints" will enable you to share POIS information and details with others here. This will also enable us to work more easily with outside researchers by having more organized data available about us:
http://pois.olympe-network.com/

POIS Research Study

We have a copy of the first and only study on POIS by Dr. Marcel Waldinger,MD and Dr. David Schweitzer, MD.

If you want a copy (PDF), send me a Private Message with your regular email address (use "AT" instead of "@" ) and I'll send you back the PDF.

To send a Private Message, click on "Messages" at the top of this page. At the Messages page, click on "New Message". From that point on, it works just like posting a message here, except that it only goes to the person(s) you designate.

Remember to put a quote around my name, i.e., "demografx".

New York Times article,

January 20, 2009
Mind
Sex and Depression: In the Brain, if Not the Mind
By RICHARD A. FRIEDMAN, M.D.
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/20/health/views/20mind.html?_r=1&scp=1&sq=friedman%20sexual%20January%2020&st=cse

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

In addition to serving our own informational interests, the resources listed above can be useful for you to show the medical world - which often shows little understanding and is sometimes skeptical of our condition - that POIS has scientific underpinnings and that POIS is not "just another psychological problem" related to sex - to be treated by the psychiatric/psychotherapist community. This can help fight the immediate reaction of some: IT'S NOT "ALL IN OUR HEADS"!

Also, it can be helpful when dealing with medical professionals to point out the successful existence of our rapidly growing forum for nearly 3 years, which has attracted over 150 POIS sufferers worldwide who have posted here, plus nearly 500,000 page visits. Not bad for a rare malady!

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6209 on: 29/11/2009 04:18:03 »

Mr_Canadian, this post will help you find information about POIS that we have already discussed, by tailoring a Google search to this forum:

SEARCH THE FORUM WITH GOOGLE

We have an overwhelming amount of data: over 2 years' worth of posts from 150+ Forum members, and an additional 150 POIS sufferers found on the Internet, but not on this forum.

In the Google search box, type
whatever-it-is-you're-interested-in-finding-out[space]POIS[space]site:http://www.thenakedscientists.com/

for example, I tried
demografx POIS site:http://www.thenakedscientists.com/

and 1,000+ results came up for "demografx" within the Forum.

be careful with spaces (you can use them before the word "site") and no-spaces (everything after the word "site")

Google even provides you results with the Message# for each result. But Message #'s do change, so be patient and look for the approximate Message#.

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6210 on: 29/11/2009 04:38:23 »
Dr. Helen Fisher, human behavior researcher

I just sent her a POIS outreach letter.

Dr. Fisher can be seen at the beginning of the video that "mental" just posted above, 3 posts back. She seems to be a leader in the area of human sexuality and evolution of the brain.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helen_Fisher_(anthropologist)

Her book: Why We Love: The Nature and Chemistry of Romantic Love                [emphasis mine - demo]

Hopefully, she will reply with some pointers!
« Last Edit: 29/11/2009 05:21:09 by demografx »

Offline Z_one

• View Profile
« Reply #6211 on: 29/11/2009 11:10:32 »

Wow! Wonderful, Z_one! 3!!! ;D

Thx for the laughters... But Iam still going to see three endos and three immunos and will let you know how it goes... :D

May I suggest something? It helped me a lot when meeting and establishing credibility with a top endocrinologist, who I am now working with:

For medical credibility, show the original POIS paper written by Dr Waldinger, (MD) and importantly, his co-author, Dr Dave Schweitzer, who is an endocrinologist(!)

I think it's difficult for an endocrinologist to outright dismiss another endocrinologist!

I can only email you a copy of it, PDF's don't attach to PM's here at the forum.

At least, here is an Abstract
http://cat.inist.fr/?aModele=afficheN&cpsidt=13719471

With all respect to Dr. Waldinger which I personally have no doubt about, that doesn't refrain me from seeking other venues especially that there is no definite cure yet! Besides,,,,a top doctor is always relative to each and every case and patient...while doctors from various backgrounds often dismiss each others, which is why there are always various contradicting theories with regard to various diseases !

Plz go ahead and send me his PDF letter...I will PM you my email.....

Thx,
« Last Edit: 29/11/2009 14:11:12 by Z_one »

Offline Z_one

• View Profile
« Reply #6212 on: 29/11/2009 11:19:23 »
I am going to see three endos in a row this week..in an aim to put an end to this misery....

Cant wait to see what you find. Good luck

Thx Porke...if anything relevant pops up...will post it out....

Offline Z_one

• View Profile
« Reply #6213 on: 29/11/2009 11:28:10 »
Could POIS simply be a severe symptom of Adrenal exhaustion or adrenal disease rather than being a disease itself?

Some causes of adrenal disorders are Cushing's syndrome, hypothalamic disorders, pituitary gland disorders, pheochromocytoma and benign and cancerous adrenal tumours.

The reason why Iam thinking of that is because sexual exhaustion and adrenal fatigue are suppose to be very much interrelated ...and with very common symptoms....

Also last month I totally abstained  for 3 weeks in a row...after which I noticed that POIS was 90% cured after the first time....When my sexual activity resumed and increased in frequency ( Four times and above within the fourth week)...POIS was back....I guess it was an false early Hurray....but apparently with a pause, my overall body & metabolism have dramaticaly improved....

By the way, I had done a complete blood test including Hormonal & Immune system check three weeks ago,,,both my Endo & Generalist doctors think that all test are normal,,,,which only makes me shift again my focus to the adrenal fatigue theory,,,since apparently unless adrenal fatigue is severe..it is hard to detect with routine tests....

On the other hand, I am also considering a hypothalamus/pituitary gland disorder which only gets manifested during release of sexual hormones....I am still inquiring & researching with regard to that,,,,

B_Jim sorry for not replying to ur PM earlier...I was inactive for a while...as to answer u..my symptoms are similar to everybody else but without the flu symptoms ( I thankfully never got those). Therefore I beleive those who have flu symptoms are more or less dealing with an auto-immune disorder such as Addison disease or others...

My symptoms are mainly:

1- Excessive fatigue (Impossible to wake up early the next day!)
2- Fast heart palpitations
3- Weight & muscle loss
4- Eating disorder/ Cravings.
5- Brain fog
6- All senses get confused.
7- Low blood pressure.
8- Anti-social mood.

If I would to put a title I would choose: " The 72hrs body crash!"

Hope this helps.....Also with regard to Black seed oil or Nigella Sativa..it personally helps me alot....it is a general tonic and cure all for the body and works well with Ginseng and Tribulus....

In addition, at a certain stage , Maca worked like magic for me,,,somehow after 2 weeks of use it appears to have completely lost its effectiveness...like a reverse effect or something from overuse....

Tribulus & Ginseng has proven the most effective for me, while Fenugreek, Zinc & Garlic were useless....

I still have not tried Relora nor Rhodiola.....ordered them from the US.

Hope this helps....

Peace.

Wishing you the best on your success with Rhodiola . . . I've had some great results using a US-brand of Rhodiola (Mind Body & Spirit). I combine it with an adaptogens blend called ENERGY RESERVES, which works great to supplement the Rhodiola.

Thx JonJen...actually believe it or not my package has till no arrived ! The shippers claim that they have no mean of tracking my package after 40 days of ordering now.....hard to believe in the 21st century....hey! ::)

By the way Rhodiola is one of the most powerful adaptogens ....it was used by the KGB for years to confront harsh conditions....as well as by the soviet Olympic team....no wonder you felt the punch,,, [8D]

Iam glad you have improved....hope it works out for me as well....

Offline Z_one

• View Profile
« Reply #6214 on: 29/11/2009 11:33:58 »

Demografx, I'm quite suprised with your results of this practice. Did you really achieve orgasm without ejaculation?

That was the promise, and it certainly looked like one without the other (it was "dry"), but it turned out to simply be a fluid diversion to the bladder. I used Mantak Chia's method on Page 120:
http://www.scribd.com/doc/2656200/Mantak-Chia-Taoist-Secrets-Of-Love-Cultivating-the-Male-Sexual-Energy

Demografx, let me know if I can write more details on how to begin the process and how I did it step by step.

Please do. Your second post was reassuring. Thank you.

I personally don't believe that dry orgasms are healthy at all! It's unnatural and might lead to serious undermined biological problems on the long run,,.,,,perhaps the only benefit for those who succeed is to avoid POIS ! Again that's purely my opinion....
« Last Edit: 29/11/2009 14:12:44 by Z_one »

Offline Z_one

• View Profile
« Reply #6215 on: 29/11/2009 12:46:52 »

I've had some great results using a US-brand of Rhodiola (Mind Body & Spirit). I combine it with an adaptogens blend called ENERGY RESERVES, which works great to supplement the Rhodiola.

JonJen, congrats!

Can you please tell us more about how Rhodiola affected your POIS? (Before and after would be nice)

Before: my POIS actually made me afraid to have sex. I didn't want what would happen afterwards. I became an expert in the intercourse part, and always faked (yes, I am sure others do this) the orgasm part and put it away without actually having the joy of it. I tried Rhodiola and some other herbs before, with no result. Then, I changed brands and bought something more expensive that I had read about. Ten days or two weeks later I went "all the way" and found that I wasn't getting the same POIS reactions afterwards. I was actually recovering in an hour or two. While I still have some very big issues to work out, I am more confident now as well. And I believe that the herb has also increased my desire. I thought that was a bad side effect at first, but with diminished POIS, desire is not a bad thing.

Again Iam glad you're having improvements....but Iam affraid that adaptogens and testosterone could most probably mask POIS symptoms rather than being a direct cure to the core problem.....however yes it's still better than nothing,,,,

Offline Z_one

• View Profile
« Reply #6216 on: 29/11/2009 12:55:32 »
Magnesium Theory

Hello everyone - I'd like to share some observations and a theory regarding the cause (and possible treatment) for POIS. Having read through a zillion pages of this thread, I noticed many connected items that could provide some insight.

1) John21's solution involved eliminating milk products, which of course are sources of abundant calcium. Calcium burns through magnesium (it's required to process the calcium), to the point where one can be loaded with calcium and still face calcium deficiency.

2) Demografx's solution may in fact be twofold. His testosterone patches seemed to seal the deal, and magnesium is directly related with T-levels in the blood. Additionally, Adderall and other amphetamines raise Mg serum levels, and interestingly, Mg supplementation supposedly decreases amph. tolerance - likely not due to the medication, but because the amph. is masking the original deficiency.

3) There are common themes among many of the members here - depression, anxiety, attention deficit disorders, and especially premature ejaculation, the latter of which is a distinct indication of magnesium deficiency. There are many papers floating around that attach the other symptoms to lackluster Mg levels as well.

4) Neurotransmitters require Mg for the production and regulation. More interesting is that in a test with male rats and hypertension, high doses of Mg not only relieved the hypertension, but caused a surge of dopamine at the top of the brain stem - precisely where male dopamine release stems from according to the video posted by mental.

5) At least two posters I've come across here (and whose names elude me) reported improvement of POIS symptoms with Mg supplementation. One went on to say it worked in his youth, but not now. Mineral absorption decreases with age - perhaps the type of Mg and dosage have large impacts on replenishment.

6) A female poster, whose name also eludes me, reported that she took an Advil before and an antacid after and experienced relief. One can guess what one of the primary ingredients of antacids are due to its alkalizing effect - magnesium.

7) Histamine production raises in the absence of purposefully Mg-starved rats.

8) Mg regulates unnatural neurotransmitter production in the brain center of rats due to oxygen starvation.

9) Mg regulates blood sugar levels - the more sugar one eats, the more Mg is likely burnt through such regulation.

10) Mg is burnt through stress and any sort of activity, especially strenuous activity.

11) Every POIS symptom - every single one - could be lined up with an Mg-deficiency symptom list.

Very interesting Mr. Canadian and very well thought off....in fact by googling with Magnesium deficiency and autoimmune disease....it seems both are very much correlated...now the challenge we are faced off....is try figure out wether it is a deficiency in a (vitamin, mineral, transmitter or other,,,,) that it causing an autoimmune reaction or vice versa....I guess that's very hard to prove since every POIS sufferer is different in a a way or another....

Offline Z_one

• View Profile
« Reply #6217 on: 29/11/2009 13:00:03 »

Until I finish my full diagnosis.....

Just wanted to report a noticeable improvement after intentionally drinking Chamomile tea! After doing some research it seems Chamomile is a very powerful anti-histamine...now my next post is going to be ever more interesting with regard to anti-histamines....

Offline Z_one

• View Profile
« Reply #6218 on: 29/11/2009 13:32:26 »
All POIS cases

A] TNS Forum :

(colors : improvement in orange   healed in red )

Note : sometimes the indicated page has changed, please look the next or previous page. 

1/ John21 (p1) Improvement with Garlic ! (p42-p47)

2/ Bjim (p1)   60-70% better Diet to reduce flulike symptoms (p45) theory DHEA/Cortisol => derealisation (p33)   Dopamine sumary and DHEA/IL-6 (p163)
3/ Demografx (p1)  >90% healed with combination of Levitra and Testosterone patch (p1)   Demografx talk about "small adrenal glands" (p29) A physical problem on adrenals or HPA axis is possible
4/ Cox (p1)
5/ Mellirova (p1)
great article :
http://content.karger.com/ProdukteDB/produkte.asp?Aktion=ShowAbstract&ArtikelNr=99840&Ausgabe=232878&ProduktNr=223864
6/ Bobsie (p2)
7/ TracyST (p2)
8/ JPLewin (p2)
9/ Nathan (p3)
10/ Dave23 (p4) Healed with his complex protocol (testosterone, Relora...) (p16)
11/ Imre1 (p6) 100% Healed with betablocker
12/ ChrisB (p6)
13/ Agjchs (p8) 100% Healed with 12.g mg of DHEA after orgasm (p8)
14/ Antman (p9)
15/ Gonzo (p10)
16/ Porke (p10) Limited improvement and talk about heavy metals (p29) Good improvement with Fenugreek (p88)
17/ Bizzy (p10)
18/ Wowsawow (p10)
19/ E.J. (p11)
20/ Ultraka (p11)
21/Guthrie (p11) Guthrie has vitamin-D deficiency (p188). He's starting supplement .
22/ Tate (p12)
23/ Interested's boy friend (p12)
24/ El Stonio (p12)  Improvment with zinc (p36)
25/ Ender (p13)
26/ Jo58 (p13)
27/ Nobody007 (p14)
28/ HK1979 (p15)
29/ Wikkid (p16) Very light case.
30/ Bosseflambe's boyfriend (p16)
31/ Living 30 (p16)
32/ Solution (p17)
33/ Sokovan (p17)
34/ Fiddlerpaul (p17)
35/ Pdawg (p19) Light
36/ Nopoison (p19)
37/ Cdma77 (p19)
38/ Pyropeach (p20)
39/ Netherlands2008 (p20)
40/ Curtis19786 (p22)
41/ Deloun (p22) Deloun great post on catecholamines (p146)
42/ Uh-clem (p23)
43/ Rapidgaming (p23)
44/ Jerobam (p24)
45/ Girlwind (p25). Great Video on youtube (What is POIS ?). Improvement with 'adrenal fatigue' supplement (p47) [7Keto Dhea, Maca, Siberian Giseng, B5, B100, Fish Oil, Transdermal magnesium, Triptophan] + (p55) Thyroid supplement? (p63) : Girlwind improvement CFS/POIS with seaweeds.
46/ Geo (p26)
47/ Counterpoints (p26)
48/ Rock27 (p28) Rock27 has low testosterone level Day 3 (p173)
49/ Jamie_wood888 (p28)
50/ Martin88 (p31)_ Martin and Finally talk about Guaiafesin and its effect on ATP for fibromyalgia. (P 109)
51/ Sparx (p33)
52/ Michael8028 (p34) Intersting posts about ATP and sexual neurasthenia (1800's) (p42)
* Healed with treatment (hormones, supplements)
53/ Yukka (p40-41) (2 Interesting posts about hormones after masturbation)
54/ Cookie87  (p42)
55/ Bola-bola (p42)
56/ ollecrev (p43)
57/ Coreman (p44) Improvement with protocol . Alpha 20C quickly heals his brainfog, mood, and physical strenght ( p110 ) IMMUNITY
58/ Nick_B_85 (p45)
59/ goodoleboy55 (p45)
60/ Longwalkhome (p46)
61/ Questforlife (p48)
62/ prosodye (p48)
63/ Animus (p49)
64/ Finally (p51) Little succes with enzymes + ...
65/ Aloha (p51)
66/ William (p53)
67/ Stilkus (p53)
68/ CCconfucius (p54)
69/ DigitalMac (p54)
70/ Hurray (p55) Possible improvement with oxytocin (fenugreek)(p71) Hurray talk about fenugreek and effect on sociability (p75)
71/ tacabrighe (p57)
72/ Chewbacca (p69)
73/ Whoaa (p71) Levitra succes Testosterone optimization and diet/sport(p167)
74/ Tarkington (p62)  Healed with Relora* (cortisol regulation)(p72)
75/ Shahnameh (p73) Succes with Fenugreek
76/ Reater (p74)  Diet
77/ Limejuice (p74) Pray, exercice, fish oil   Healed with Phosphatidylserine (p152)
78/ Andreas_F (p88)
79/ Laroux's girlfriend (p92) Healed with 1/2 teaspoon of celtic salt (non-iodized) after orgasm. Interesting theory of hyponatrenia
80/ Gement (p93)
81/ Underwater (p99) Anti-histamine seem to block the allergic symptoms just after orgasm (P170).
82/ Phasian (p100)
83/ MattJ (p56)
84/ Davep007 (p103)
85/ SteveD (p106)
86/ Jasmine07 (p121)
87/ SickLifeSaver (p127)
88/ Pro (p127) Good description of mental confusion
89/ Fellow sufferer (p127)
90/ Richargear (p130)
91/ Londonchap (p133)
92/ Jack D (p134)
93/ mister_z (p135)
94/ goingcrazy (p140)
95/ Jiddu5 (p139)
96/ Rob58 (p143)
97/ Pantaloon (p174) Demo accidentaly deletes his post :)
98/ Nsf (p150)
99/ Jidmiddleton (p150)
100/ Ambient123 (p152) (L-Tyrosine improvement p163) Very good improvement with 5HTP (p188)
101/ Neverstop (p159)  (L-Tyrosine)
102/ Defsync (p160) "chemo-brain" p137
103/ Aaronchi (p161)
104/ Staystrong (p168)
105/ Welness (p169)
106/ nTonic (p170)
107/ EDS (p171)  => EDS lab test show a normal cortisol level and a low cortisol level 24 hours later (after ejaculation). + hypotestosteronemia. (=> P 210)
108/ ajs (p174)
109/ POIS-SUFFERER (p174)
110/ Deniseamonalisa (p175)
111/ RhythmSpring (p177) RythmSpring has Pois AND lyme disease. He's currently  following antibiotic treatment for lyme. We'll see if antibiotics and meds for lyme have an effect on his Pois symptoms. (p228)
112/ antimorbit (p178)
113/ Dean93 (p181)
114/ zaaria (p182)
115/ Jdubs (p183)
116/ Pronobis (p185)
117/ Botbot (p190)
118/ beyondfrustrated (p191)
119/ David_S (p192)
120/ Langjahr (p198)
121/ NakedDynamo (p198)
122/ Chipdouglas (p202)
123/ daisi_sufferer (p203)
124/ Claret88 (P206)
125/ Green (p207)
126/ mat780 (p214)
127/ helpimsad (p217)
128/ Danny_Boy (p217) Copper toxicity theory_ "chelation" with molybdium and other minerals
129/ THISFORUMROCKS! (p217)
130/ lauracostis (p220)
131/ Bill12 (p220)
132/ johnl3 (p220)
133/ sclover49 (p221)
134/ tazdas  (p222)
135/ JonJen99 (p223)
136/ Pois_is_hell (p226)
137/ CrazyFox (p227)
138/ Wooder (p227)
139/ Tom2009 (p230)
140/ Pauliebaby61 (p235)
141/ Taz (p236)
142/ Z_One (P236) symptoms (p252) + help with Black seed oil or Nigella Sativa.
143/ Itsmebutwho? (p236)
144/ devastated (p238)
145/ bruxe (p245)
146/ Looking_for_answer (p246)
147/ ophicus1213 (p248)
148/ Pablo445 (p254)
149/ exponent (p257)
150/ tazzy (p258) RELORA
151/ Holden F. Anmar-Dey (p261)
152/ PRZ (p261)
153/ europe (p261)
154/ greg44 (p262)
155/ Mental (p262)
156/ Mr_Canadian (p263) Magnesium

To be continued

Send me a private message if i forgot something or if you want to add an important post.

* Relora is a phytotherapy supplement with Magnolia and Phellodendron.
It is supposed to regulate cortisol and balance steroid (DHEA). The scientific value of  this supplement seems to be proved by a study.

Relora and Fenugreek results for our forum

B]Cases found on the Web

The underlying anti-histamine theory:

1) Garlic is one of nature's most powerful anti-histamines....
2) DHEA beneficial since converts to Testosterone....---->
3) Testosterone has proven to be very effective in buffering autoimmune symptoms throughout the years...but again is it acting like a Mask to the symptoms rather than a cure?
4)Not only does Relora balances DHEA/ Cortisol ratio but it has also anti-histamines properties!
5) Zinc is a vital nutrient for proper immune system functioning....and therefore boosts anti-histamines!
6) Fish oil or Omega 3 have both anti-inflamatory and anti-histamine properties....
5) Fenugreek is a natural anti-histamine!
6) Celtic salt is a very strong natural anti-histamine!
7) Nigella sativa boosts the endocrine system and is a powerful anti-histamine!
8) Last but not least,,,,Magnesium is a powerful anti-histamine!
9) One more...Vitamin D plays a role in regulation of both the "infectious" immune system and the "inflammatory" immune system and yes helps anti-histamines! Less vitamin D = Equal more Flus & Colds.
10)...and I just noticed,...Alpha 20C is loaded with Vitamin C which is a very powerful natural anti-histamine!
11) AND why do I feel better after drinking 2 cups of 100% pure coffee...is because Coffee increases adrenaline...and adrenaline blocks histamines!
12) ....and to close it up.,,,you can add Chamomille to the list which is also loaded with.... ,,I think you have guessed....

Hope this helps,,,,,
« Last Edit: 29/11/2009 19:50:36 by Z_one »

Offline Z_one

• View Profile
« Reply #6219 on: 29/11/2009 13:55:26 »
Demo,

Was your T low before using T-pacthes? And has it increased your sexual urges since using them?

Are you aware of the possible long term side effects of using T-pacthes?

Acne; bitter or strange taste in mouth; change in sex drive; fatigue; gum or mouth irritation; gum pain; gum tenderness or swelling; hair loss; headache.

SEVERE side effects may occur when using Testosterone Patch:

Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); breast growth or pain; change in the size or shape of the testicles; dark urine or light-colored bowel movements; depression or mood changes; dizziness; gingivitis; interrupted breathing while sleeping; loss of appetite; nausea; painful or prolonged erection; stomach pain; swelling of the ankles or legs; urination problems; weight gain; yellowing of the skin or eyes.

Offline Z_one

• View Profile
« Reply #6220 on: 29/11/2009 13:57:01 »
PRZ & europe ...welcome!

Offline Mr_Canadian

• View Profile
« Reply #6221 on: 29/11/2009 14:53:32 »
I have a question - does anyone's symptoms actually become worse as the days progress, until the day they finally disappear?

Offline Z_one

• View Profile
« Reply #6222 on: 29/11/2009 15:02:07 »
I have a question - does anyone's symptoms actually become worse as the days progress, until the day they finally disappear?

Yup...and Iam definitely one of them....

Offline PRZ

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #6223 on: 29/11/2009 16:01:13 »
Quote from: demografx
PRZ, thank you very much for posting this. It's a fascinating idea and we can all learn from this even though we might pursue different avenues.

Hey

I am really glad I can share this. I can sense that most of you are still too sceptical to even try this.

Quote from: Z_one
I personally don't believe that dry orgasms are healthy at all! It's unnatural and might lead to serious undermined biological problems on the long run,,.,,,perhaps the only benefit for those who succeed is to avoid POIS ! Again that's purely my opinion....

Hello Z_one
Can you tell me why do you think so? Because I had the same belief and discovered that it was only social and religious conditioning, that made me believe anything besides ejaculation is UNNATURAL. It was just a prejudice.

Anyway, I've never felt more healthy in my life and that's why I am quite confident it doesn't do any harm, though I can't guarantee this (didn't find any research).

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6224 on: 29/11/2009 18:51:14 »

Demografx : Thanks again for emails to scientists. I think you are right : brain scan is the only solution if Pois is caused by neurotransmitters. But can this current technology show deficiency/excess in different areas ? And what about receptors ?

B_Jim, you're welcome. You're absolutely right, it is only one area. But my frustration is that we need to start somewhere...anywhere. Do you have a better suggestion? Thanks again!

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #6224 on: 29/11/2009 18:51:14 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums