The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome (POIS)  (Read 6431974 times)

Offline Z_one

• View Profile
Re: Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome (POIS)
« Reply #6325 on: 08/12/2009 20:40:37 »
congratulation z one on your success.   
I have question about your regime.

what do  you mean by you used the products separately. Also what brand did you use and how much you used in a day.

Thank you CConfusion.

To answer your question :

What i mean by separately is : Do not take them together!

As to my diet I take :

2 pills of Rhodiola first thing in the morning on empty stomach , 2hrs before breakfast (DO NOT TAKE IT WITH FOOD!)

2 pills of Sasparilla afternoon 2 hours after lunch.

2 pills pf Damiana 3 hrs before sleeping (WITHOUT FOOD!)

One large spoon of black cumin oil prior to each meal.

Brandnames : ALL GNC!

Black cumin oil (Nigella sativa) can be bought from middle eastern grocery stores or through the internet....  

P:S Now it is possible that one herb out of the four might be doing the whole job by itself... But more trial and error is needed to confirm.... Since combination & synergy is the most logical response so far.....again combining MAIOs with certain types of food that contain Tyramine might be dangerous and even fatal! So plz be careful if want to try!

Hope this helps...
« Last Edit: 08/12/2009 20:46:38 by Z_one »

Offline Z_one

• View Profile
« Reply #6326 on: 08/12/2009 21:00:01 »
I was just wondering what you guys know of symbrax, psychiatrist told me to try that. I am only going to try just to prove it dont work. HOpefully it reduces nocturnal emission.

Just a thought....

Nocturnal emissions are suppose to be a natural way for your body to get rid of extra accumulated semen and if kept for too long will harm your body through constant arousal and therefore floating sexual hormones ....Actually I never use to be in POIS after nocturnal but well on the contrary used to feel like a horse the next day.....Only masturbation used to cause me POIS.,,,,Being in POIS after a nocturnal emission is far from normal....and that's purely my opinion of course....

Offline Limejuice

• View Profile
« Reply #6327 on: 08/12/2009 21:58:36 »
Z_one,

How long did you follow this plan before you noticed results?  How long have you experiemented with these supplements?

Thanks in advance.

Offline prism

• View Profile
« Reply #6328 on: 08/12/2009 22:12:08 »
The potential solution hinted at in my previous post is Autogenic Training - see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autogenic_training.
Autogenic Training (AT) is a way of teaching yourself to control parts of your autonomic nervous system.

I'd be really interested in hearing from anybody else on the forum that
might have tried AT either for POIS or any other problems.

I have recently been talking about the brilliant Alexander Technique which I abbrievated to A.T which might get confusing for people if another AT comes into discussion (although you may have been first to it! heehee).

Ironically, Alexander Technique is a technique which gets you conscious control of your nervous system, full muscular release. I personally couldnt imagine a better technique to do that than Alexander but i everyone's got their own views and things they prefer.
I say always keep interested in that avenue. (read my all 10 posts starting on page 265 to see if you relate to what i say about my experiences?)

POIS is caused by 'inhibition'(/or lack of control over 'inhibition') during an orgasm.
But yes, 'flight' instead of 'fight' is absolutely crucial.

Sigmund Freud's protege Wilhelm Reich wrote about inhibition in
'The Function of The Orgasm' and it is the key feature of the Alexander Technique.
If you're interested in finding out what inhibition means and how to control it, alexander technique is for you, takes time though, try different teachers.

An expert in Alexander Technique doesnt suffer from POIS,
because the two cant co-exist.

« Last Edit: 09/12/2009 03:56:14 by daveyboy »

Offline martin88

• View Profile
« Reply #6329 on: 09/12/2009 03:59:29 »
Thanks to the newcomers for their wonderful posts , orgasm without ejaculation, sperm reabsorption is an interesting fact , Alexander Technique, Nigella oil, new case cured with T.

Also I can confirm magnesium was very helpful for POIS and for PE when I was younger, but now I really don't feel ok after I take it (renal pb, low phosphorus, low B6, ... I can't explain why.) . The reason why it could be effective is eventually because it's necessary for the conversion of dopamine to noradrenaline (sympathetic nervous system).

If I speak for myself aphrodisiacs (I'm referring to damiana and sarsaparilla, I tried them a long time ago) are a temporary cure, eventually aggravating POIS after a while. I would like to be informed if the cure is permanent so I can try again more intensively and with other brand.

B_Jim it's the same for me, sport before orgasm aggravates POIS. Low T or low endorphins after exercise, or both.. (?)
« Last Edit: 10/12/2009 00:05:58 by martin88 »

Offline Defsync

• View Profile
« Reply #6330 on: 09/12/2009 11:26:38 »
it has occurred to me that any correspondence i have sent out to local health organizations concerning POIS have probably been ignored due to the fact im sending them from a HOTMAIL or GMAIL account. is there any legitimate way to get a .EDU email address without having to pay for it?

Offline CertainlyPOIS

• View Profile
« Reply #6331 on: 10/12/2009 03:11:11 »
it has occurred to me that any correspondence i have sent out to local health organizations concerning POIS have probably been ignored due to the fact im sending them from a HOTMAIL or GMAIL account. is there any legitimate way to get a .EDU email address without having to pay for it?

You can try going through someone you know that is in college.  I will suggest my self but i am taking a break for right now.

Offline CertainlyPOIS

• View Profile
« Reply #6332 on: 10/12/2009 03:12:46 »
I was just wondering what you guys know of symbrax, psychiatrist told me to try that. I am only going to try just to prove it dont work. HOpefully it reduces nocturnal emission.

i have nothing against nocturnal emissions but it always occurs about a day right after i recover, so basically am always in pois, and am just getting sick of that.

Just a thought....

Nocturnal emissions are suppose to be a natural way for your body to get rid of extra accumulated semen and if kept for too long will harm your body through constant arousal and therefore floating sexual hormones ....Actually I never use to be in POIS after nocturnal but well on the contrary used to feel like a horse the next day.....Only masturbation used to cause me POIS.,,,,Being in POIS after a nocturnal emission is far from normal....and that's purely my opinion of course....

Offline CertainlyPOIS

• View Profile
« Reply #6333 on: 10/12/2009 03:13:32 »
on using vitamins and stuff you guys ever consider wholefood forms of multavitamins it supposed to be better for body since it is form it is used to.

Offline POIS-SUFFERER

• View Profile
« Reply #6334 on: 10/12/2009 05:35:44 »
One more thing, slightly tongue in cheek. For a scientific theory to be valid, it must have predictive power. One of the bodily functions that is triggered by the sympathetic nervous system is secretion from the sebaceous glands. So, I'd guess that maybe pois sufferers tend to have slightly oily noses/a propensity to blocked pores. Any takers? :)

Well interesting, I have always had zits (I am 44 now! with acne) my nose is crazy oily..... I am always congested, and my mouth is dry and I am not thirsty.......

PS.

« Last Edit: 10/12/2009 05:38:18 by POIS-SUFFERER »

Offline CertainlyPOIS

• View Profile
« Reply #6335 on: 10/12/2009 06:28:50 »
No to sidetrack. But what do you guys think of checking up on some of the people who are no moe posting inorder to make sure no body has gotten stressed to the limit  by this problem

Offline Defsync

• View Profile
« Reply #6336 on: 10/12/2009 09:40:35 »
okay Defsync coming at you with another theory:

First Im basing this off of my experiences with Adderall and cigarettes, both which increase Norepinephrine in the brain. Both of these seem to give me an undesirable pseudo-POIS effect, hence why I dont do either.

So, orgasm increases blood plasma levels of norepinephrine (see link to article). What if POIS sufferers are those you already have WAY too much norepinephrine in them already, and something like an orgasm sends their body into severe overload, taking the body days to bring the levels back DOWN.

http://www.psychosomaticmedicine.org/cgi/content/full/61/3/290

Problem is finding a prescription that does nothing but lower epinephrine levels without zonking you out.

Offline Z_one

• View Profile
« Reply #6337 on: 10/12/2009 12:59:46 »
Z_one,

How long did you follow this plan before you noticed results?  How long have you experiemented with these supplements?

Thanks in advance.

Tried it twice so far.....since it is still at its infant stage...more trial and error is definitely needed....

Thx.

Offline JJGuy

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #6338 on: 10/12/2009 18:12:57 »
Hi i am new here , just found this forum yesterday and glad to read up on alot of your findings and trials with finding what has help some of you with POIS

this is my story,

I have never had an issue close to this, I am a personal fitness trainer and body builder, i have been very sexually active in my life, i could have sex 3 to 4 times a day without issues, just the usual tired and relaxed feeling but fresh the next day

at the age of 38 i became to feel ill with something that i could not figure out, and searched for a diagnose for 2 years, my sex life was still decent a bit less active and tired feeling after orgasm but nothing i couldnt handle, so at 40 i was diagnosed with "Lyme Disease", where i got it from was unknown, well Lyme is usually caught from a bite of an infected tick, mostly deer ticks, i began to treat with antibiotics, at 41 still treating Lyme i developed POIS , I would get increased symptoms of Lyme , Lyme symptoms are similar to CFS ones, so I was already fatigued from having Lyme but after an orgasm it would incraese symptoms dramatically at times, from increased headaches, sore glands in my throat, vision promblems, memory, brain fog, fatigue,muscle and joint aches,etc. but i still went on with my day that help make my symptoms a bit more tolerable, 2nd day seemed to be worse but with having Lyme and POIS i still went to work and carried out the whole day , if I just slept in it would make me more depressed and my symptoms would worsen, this went on anywhere from 2 days of recovery time to 3 weeks it varied for me, what has helped me a bit in the past is testoserone, I cant get precsiption for it at the moment but would definetly go back on it, it increased my strength,moods, and a sense of well being and helped out with POIS, but was not a cure, so sufferring from an Autoimmune disease seemed to trigger this for me and might have something to do with POIS

I spoke with my LLMD ( Lyme Literate Medical Doctor) yesterday, as she is aware of my issue POIS and has been searching for an answer and solution for me in this matter for about 1 yr now,she wrote to me about a new found discovery that could be helpful to us, I am not able to post this new findings as yet, as it is confidential information , a paper is being published soon and i will be able to share it with all of you,new discovery has been isolated from tissues of prostate cancer patients with impaired RNase L activity  and that is found in many of CFS patients, so if it is a postive discovery or not is yet to be seen and tested, tests are still not good that are producing alot false negatives she stated

i have a question in regards to testoserone that my doctor asked me to post to all of you that could be of help on some information on this matter below and get back to her on it
-What happens to testosterone levels before, during and after ejaculation?

Thanks John

Offline Pantaloon

• View Profile
« Reply #6339 on: 10/12/2009 20:19:45 »
One more thing, slightly tongue in cheek. For a scientific theory to be valid, it must have predictive power. One of the bodily functions that is triggered by the sympathetic nervous system is secretion from the sebaceous glands. So, I'd guess that maybe pois sufferers tend to have slightly oily noses/a propensity to blocked pores. Any takers? :)

Well interesting, I have always had zits (I am 44 now! with acne) my nose is crazy oily..... I am always congested, and my mouth is dry and I am not thirsty.......

PS.

Hi PS

A dry mouth is definitely a sympathetic (fight or flight) symptom. Who needs saliva when being chased by a lion?
I guess the interesting question is whether the nose gets worse in POIS?
I have a similar symptom and I'd say it probably does, but then I'm looking for evidence to back up my theory:-)

Anyway, why not give the Autogenic Training a try? It's not a controlled trial if there's just one person!

I've been doing it for about a week now and feel great. Whilst I'm wise enough to know this may be largely, possibly even wholly the placebo effect, I'm still hopeful.  I'm also steering clear of orgasm at the moment so as not to hamper the training and this clearly has an effect.

Regards

Pantaloon

Offline CertainlyPOIS

• View Profile
« Reply #6340 on: 10/12/2009 21:22:22 »

Interesting post, john . Do you know how long it will take before paper published.

Closest i have to your question. 
During two day high- am basically recovering by being super hyper. 
My tesosterone was aroung 613ng/dl
three days after after orgasm it is 292 ng/dl

Offline CertainlyPOIS

• View Profile
« Reply #6341 on: 10/12/2009 21:29:06 »
going with jjguy's post.  It seems the Rnase l activity is activated during virus infection.  And jjguy's symptoms were activated after getting lyme. It made me think, when i was younger i had measles, which i just found out is a virus infection, could this activated this  enzyme. Just wondering what other dieaseases we have contacted in this forum.

Offline JJGuy

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #6342 on: 10/12/2009 23:33:46 »
CCconfucius i dont have a date on this letter but as per my doctor there is some research going on right now and a paper will be published soon and she will send me the a copy as soon as its relaesed and i will post it, hopefully its sooner then later, there is more info to add on this new discovery that she told me a bit more about what the name of the findings were, but im not able to fully share all info as yet before its relaesed and it becomes avaliable to the public

i have been a super healthy person before lyme and never had any family history of serious genetic illness's that would trigger POIS, and POIS followed during my lyme episode, in the beginning stages of my lyme it wasnt a real bother, after 1 yr into my treatment i have developed POIS, im hoping when i rid myself of lyme this will go aswell, but i know that lyme was definetly a contributor for me in developing POIS , and yes it makes me also wonder if its triggered by a viral infection

CCconfucius when did you notice POIS started for you, was it during or after your bout with the measles? can you pinpoint a time when it started for you?

thanks for your reply inregards to the testoserone question,i will share that with my dr, she is very helpful,knowledgeable,and responds usually the same day, the more info we share especially with the medical field makes for more findings on what triggers POIS, so we can better treat ourselfs

the saying goes if we dont know what we are treating its like a wild goose chase of trial and error's, if we can established what triggers POIS or causes it then we have a target we can attack, hopefully these new findings can shed some new light on this matter
« Last Edit: 10/12/2009 23:36:04 by JJGuy »

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
  • Naked Science Forum GOD!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6343 on: 11/12/2009 03:59:02 »
Hi All,

Demografx has given me permission to let you all know that he will be away for a little while.

He is actually having a quadruple bypass tomorrow and I am sure that with me, we all send him our fondest wishes and look forward to his speedy return.

Get well soon demo !

Offline Limejuice

• View Profile
« Reply #6344 on: 11/12/2009 05:11:14 »
Good luck Demo.  I will pray for you.

Offline John21

• View Profile
« Reply #6345 on: 11/12/2009 10:36:08 »
We will miss you while you are away Demo, good luck getting the ticker tuned. 

I don't have any knowledge of being bitten by a tick but I was raised in a rural area and spent plenty time in the woods, I suppose Lyme is possible.

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6346 on: 11/12/2009 16:34:25 »
I'll update you all as soon I hear anything about Demo.

Offline JJGuy

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #6347 on: 11/12/2009 17:10:44 »
Thank you B_Jim

Also best wishes goes out to Demo as I did read many of his posts from the beginning of this group

I can say yes that Lyme did cause POIS with me, wondering if it is caused by a viral infection that triggers POIS, i do see there are a few on here that have ossociated Lyme with POIS,HMMMM!

Lyme D is very wide spread and it does mimmic alot of diffrent conditions , such as MS, Fibro,CFS, Depression, i know of many that have recieved diagnoses of MS later found out to have Lyme not MS, also CFS, LYME again, with me aswell i recieved the diagnose of  CFS,Depression, it turned out to be Lyme, Lyme is an epedemic in north america and around the world its the fastest growing disease and the largest more then aids and cancer, it is the most political aswell because of its long and very expensive antibiotic treatments some LYME suffers have been 10 yrs in treatments, so insurance companies are also involved in the political part of LYME and not being recognized as an epedemic, I am canadian and in Canada we have alot of Lyme cases that we know about more that we dont , but in the USA you guys are full of Lyme infected Ticks, whole familes have fallen ill to Lyme, many of whom are in my chat group, also they are now saying that Misquitos can also infect us with Lyme, sexual contact aswell,it is still being studied, and when you get bite by a tick you can get you to 4  strains bacterias infecting you at once so we treat all 4 together , its pretty messed up stuff when u go into it

B_Jim you have mentioned you have been bitten 10 times and John states he hads no knowledge of being bite, well I have Lyme and i dont recall a time that i have been bite over 50% of suffurers never recall a time of being bitten, so B_Jim you can recall on 10 occassions that you have been bitten,  but there might have been many more, dont want to freak anybody out but this is the truth,the size of this period .  is about the actual size of most adult ticks,very hard to spot
B_Jim do you ever recall a rash after being bitten? or feeling ill days later?have you any daily symptoms other then after orgasms? Lyme can go doormant for 2-5- 10- 20 or more yrs and come out in a trauma situation such as operation, car accident, bad flu, depression,etc, mine came out after a bad bout of food poisioning on vacation

there are good tests for it and only at 1 or 2 reputable labs in america , other ones will not detect lyme or your routine labs, I tested Negative in Canada and positive at Igenex the most reputal lab in the world for Tick bourne illness

Offline martin88

• View Profile
« Reply #6348 on: 11/12/2009 21:38:05 »
Demo, I wish you a prompt recovery. I'm looking forward to see you back. 
Thanks a lot Neilep for your updates.

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6349 on: 12/12/2009 00:37:55 »
Hi All,

Demo is now out of surgery and is doing really well !

Thanks for all your kind wishes

It'll probably be a while before we hear from him directly but I thought I'd let you all know that he seems to have done really well.

Best Wishes

Neil

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #6349 on: 12/12/2009 00:37:55 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums