The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome (POIS)  (Read 6441152 times)

Offline CertainlyPOIS

• View Profile
Re: Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome (POIS)
« Reply #6450 on: 30/12/2009 18:41:29 »
I was going to say i dont get runner's high during pois, is this true for every one.  
CC, I can't run for a very long time in POIS, so there's no high...

I agree with B_Jim for catecholamines test, maybe it's not reflecting what's happening elsewhere in the body. Has it been done in POIS?

For magnesium, even when my blood tests came normal I could feel a good effect from taking a supplement.

I pushed myself because am trying to loose weight to get accurate reading on testosterone. And i do my exercise at night. During pois i go to bed nicely but out of pois i basically couldnt sleep the night.  But i am thinking i should experiment again.

Offline CertainlyPOIS

• View Profile
« Reply #6451 on: 30/12/2009 18:43:17 »

if you talking about that tuberculosis it needs to go back.

??

The tuberculosis  that only one case in america, a form of tuberculosis that is resistant to almost all drugs. It was on aol and i thought that is what you are talking about.

Offline Dean93

• View Profile
« Reply #6452 on: 30/12/2009 18:49:24 »
With Demo's permission, I'm planning on setting up a separate forum for our topic. Please pm me with suggestions. Thank you.

mod edit - I've asked Dean to elaborate more with a new post on the why and how of this new proposed effort - Demo
« Last Edit: 31/12/2009 08:14:35 by Dean93 »

Offline CertainlyPOIS

• View Profile
« Reply #6453 on: 30/12/2009 18:54:05 »
With Demo's permission, I'm planning on setting up a separate for for our topic. Please pm me with suggestions. Thank you.

sperparte what?

what topic

Offline CertainlyPOIS

• View Profile
« Reply #6454 on: 30/12/2009 18:56:12 »
Thisforumrocks, i am going back and looking through forum for things used for reducing NE and there are couple i will post on what i find.
I think on pois website, we should have solutions for nocturnal Emissions.

Offline CertainlyPOIS

• View Profile
« Reply #6455 on: 30/12/2009 18:58:02 »
I was going to say i dont get runner's high during pois, is this true for every one.  
CC, I can't run for a very long time in POIS, so there's no high...

I agree with B_Jim for catecholamines test, maybe it's not reflecting what's happening elsewhere in the body. Has it been done in POIS?

For magnesium, even when my blood tests came normal I could feel a good effect from taking a supplement.
Catechlomine test was two days into pois, definately had all the symptoms.

I slep better but didnt really feel better, but i also only used for two days.
According to what i have read there is another test to accurately determing if magnesium is low but that will require a doctor.
all test was done two days into pois
« Last Edit: 31/12/2009 00:22:57 by CCconfucius »

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6456 on: 30/12/2009 18:58:28 »

??

CC, please expain your comment above. Thanks!

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6457 on: 30/12/2009 19:59:59 »

Happy New Year! Wishing For All Of Us To Have A
                  POIS Breakthrough Year in 2010!

Offline THISFORUMROCKS!

• View Profile
« Reply #6458 on: 30/12/2009 21:07:00 »
Happy New Year All! HAHA NICE one DEMO!

I feel like I found a potential breakthrough just recently!

I found an article on "Natural GABA (Gamma-aminobutyric acid" and GABA deficiency.

"The importance of GABA is underscored by the frequency in which it is a pharmaceutical target and how many commonly used drugs affect its function e.g. Xanax, Klonapin, Valium, Neurontin."
http://www.integrativepsychiatry.net/natural_gaba.html [nofollow]

I'm in the process of trying a GABA supplement now. I tried it a few nights ago and slept really well, then felt great the next day. It seems to have done something good but too soon to say if it will help pois.

« Last Edit: 30/12/2009 21:10:01 by THISFORUMROCKS! »

Offline CertainlyPOIS

• View Profile
« Reply #6459 on: 31/12/2009 00:18:10 »

??

CC, please expain your comment above. Thanks!

The tuberculosis  that only one case in america, a form of tuberculosis that is resistant to almost all drugs. It was on aol and i thought that is what you are talking about.

Offline CertainlyPOIS

• View Profile
« Reply #6460 on: 31/12/2009 00:26:27 »
Name of test i did are: Weschler adult intelligence scale -III,  wechsler individiual achievement test II,  Stroop Color Test, Trails A&B, and Personality Assesment Inventory. 

Offline prism

• View Profile
« Reply #6461 on: 31/12/2009 00:31:05 »
demo, that post about removing your testicles to lessen the effect of pois, that was pretty radical.  i guess you could just replace them with plastic nuts and knowone would know the difference.

NOOO.
Removing the testicles wont work!!
Totally absurd, and it will ruin your life.
You'll still do the same bad muscular habits, like removing a leg because of leg pain wont work, you'll get phantom pain.

He meant chemical castration anyway- dont do this either!!!
It wont work, because it will cause depression and because
we are ALWAYS having orgasms:

WATCH THE 3D ANIMATION OF AN ORGASM AT
http://hotprivatelives.com/

It explains how we have 'orgasms' all the time.
Pois is caused by 'inhibition' or 'holding' your muscles during a main orgasm. To learn about fight or flight and how not to hold your muscles requires a learning a technique like Alexander Technique.
I had POIS for 15 years until i became an expert in the Alexander Technique, now cured, the natural way. Stops NE too. NE is also about loss of control, not as some people have wrote 'normal' to get rid of excess fluid, thats rubbish.

One more thing
-How many people have red blotches on your tongue?? and where?? I used to have a very red tip of my tongue, when that goes you're free from it.

« Last Edit: 31/12/2009 12:46:55 by daveyboy »

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6462 on: 31/12/2009 00:57:45 »

With Demo's permission, I'm planning on setting up a separate for for our topic. Please pm me with suggestions. Thank you.

mod edit - I've asked Dean to elaborate more with a new post on the why and how of this new proposed effort - Demo

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6463 on: 31/12/2009 01:00:07 »

separate what?

what topic?

CC, please note my post directly above this one. Thanks.

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6464 on: 31/12/2009 01:02:53 »

Pois is caused by 'inhibition' or 'holding' your muscles during a main orgasm. 

What??? Where is the evidence for this???
« Last Edit: 31/12/2009 01:08:07 by demografx »

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6465 on: 31/12/2009 01:28:21 »
if you [are] talking about that tuberculosis it needs to go back.
??
CC, please explain your comment above. Thanks!

The tuberculosis  [is] that only one case in [A]merica, a form of tuberculosis that is resistant to almost all drugs. It was on aol and thought that is what you are talking about.

CC, no, sorry, but it had nothing to do with the the tuberculosis story.

Let me clarify.

My post was about the public's appetite for newsworthy publicity relating to the headline words in "Rare Illness Appears in US for First Time".

I'm more interested at this time in the headline words of that article as having translatable appeal to mass media, newspapers, TV, radio, etc...for POIS.

Based on similar headlines, I see POIS as having "publicity desirability"...because it's "rare", it's an "illness", and it's "not yet discovered in the U.S." as I'm sure you'll agree, 99%+ of all doctors here are clueless as to POIS.

So, looking at a "successful publicity blueprint", I was only trying to convey my enthusiasm for similarly "getting the word out [to the world] about POIS", which in turn should help us to more easily find researchers who can help us.

Unfortunately, as bad a story as the one on tuberculosis is, the headline obviously appealed enough to Senior Editors at AOL, who compete fiercely with all media for the readers' attention!

So I see this as getting FREE terriffic publicity/advertising consulting for POIS that can aid our future endeavors!
« Last Edit: 31/12/2009 01:35:36 by demografx »

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6466 on: 31/12/2009 01:37:26 »

Happy New Year! Wishing For All Of Us To Have A
             Major POIS Breakthrough Year in 2010!

« Last Edit: 31/12/2009 01:39:51 by demografx »

Offline Chemistry4me

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6467 on: 31/12/2009 01:40:02 »
You too demografx, nice to see ya back :) 

Offline Dean93

• View Profile
« Reply #6468 on: 31/12/2009 03:48:24 »

Sorry everyone about my rushed last post. I'm going to make an attempt to explain it a lot better.

What I'm proposing is creating a whole forum, specifically for POIS. This thread has gotten huge, and it's about time we get a better way to organize our discussion. Instead of just having one large thread where ideas get mixed and washed over, at our own forum, of course, we could organize the topics so that they all got their due attention and focus. We could make our own announcements, and generally have more control over our own forum.

An online forum would be easy to create, (I would do the work on it, in conjunction with other forum members, if any volunteer). It's also free, so raising money (for the forum anyway) won't be an issue.

Like many other groups have done when they "graduate" to a full-fledged forum, we wouldn't have to abandon this thread entirely. We have great resources as a result of it, the Pyropeach's compendium, BJim's summary's, Girlwind's Video, and Counterpoints survey. In addition to that, we could archive the forum as it is, posting it at the new one for reference. Leaving it active is debatable.

Aside from all of that though, I think the biggest reason that I want to create this forum is so that members could talk amongst themselves about their experiences. While we do that here, having only one thread, it's a bit limited. We could have an open forum where members could converse without worrying about cluttering up the informational threads. It's pretty hard, almost impossible, for a lot of members to find someone to talk to about their POIS, especially someone who understands. A "Just Talk" section and and a chatroom would be great to serve this purpose.

So again, I apologize for my first post. Please respond with comments, questions, arguments, etc. Thanks, and sorry again about my lack of explanation.

Looking forward to ideas,
Dean

Offline RhythmSpring

• View Profile
« Reply #6469 on: 31/12/2009 06:49:03 »
Has anyone ever tried the herb Yohimbe for their POIS symptoms?

It's a strong vasodialator, slight euphoriant, and aphrodesiac. It's effects profile seem to counter POIS complaints very well.

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6470 on: 31/12/2009 08:02:13 »

Chemistry4Me, thank you very much. How pleasant to hear from you!

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6471 on: 31/12/2009 08:13:42 »

Has anyone ever tried the herb Yohimbe for their POIS symptoms?

It's a strong vasodialator, slight euphoriant, and aphrodesiac. It's effects profile seem to counter POIS complaints very well.

Previous forum discussions re Yohimbe:
http://www.google.com/search?q=yohimbe+pois+site:http://thenakedscientists.com&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&client=safari

Offline prism

• View Profile
« Reply #6472 on: 31/12/2009 12:38:09 »

Read up on the 'Function of the Orgasm', 'Orgasm Reflex', 'muscle rigidity and body armour', 'Concerning Specific Forms of Masturbation' - all by Wilhelm Reich.
and 'The use of the self' FM Alexander, 'Alexander Principle' Wilfred Barlow.

During an orgasm a POIS sufferer will habitually experience the 'startle pattern'- dropping the head backwards and downwards in relationship to the spine needlessly disrupting efficient overall body alignment. Smell and senses will shut down causing sinuses to be blocked/in discomfort for days. During thoses days hips will protrude forward and walking occurs too much on the front of the foot- heels become harder to relax into to.
To be in the 'startle pattern' whilst all thoses contractions of an orgasm happen is what causes POIS.

No drugs can correct this unfortunately, only by un-learning muscular habits.
« Last Edit: 31/12/2009 13:07:12 by daveyboy »

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6473 on: 31/12/2009 15:29:04 »
Read up on the 'Function of the Orgasm', 'Orgasm Reflex', 'muscle rigidity and body armour', 'Concerning Specific Forms of Masturbation' - all by Wilhelm Reich...

Wilhelm Reich, best known for his claims of a cosmic life force associated with sexual orgasm, died in federal prison.

Reich died on Nov. 3, 1957, in a federal prison in Lewisburg, Pa., where he was sent for ignoring an injunction obtained by the Food and Drug Administration that outlawed a device he called an orgone energy accumulator. Reich believed it could charge the body with essential life energy, heightening vitality and potentially helping to heal disease.

The 'cosmic life force' has been invalidated many times here. It is the same as Eastern "chi".

There is Zero Evidence for this "phenomenon".

And Reich does not address modern knowledge of POIS in the least.

This is a science forum, please respect it accordingly. I understand there is a handful of some supportive Reich speculators, credentials unknown, but this is not the forum for far-flung, unproven ideas. If you can present some solid scientific evidence (studies, academic papers from respectable organizations, etc.) of POIS and Reich, specifically, we'll listen.

daveyboy, the problem started when this speculation was stated as factual, e.g., "POIS is caused by inhibition, etc." It is far from "fact".

I appreciate your cooperation.
« Last Edit: 31/12/2009 15:58:39 by demografx »

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6474 on: 31/12/2009 16:01:18 »

This morning, I was surprised to see Dean's first crack at the alternate forum. So.........here it is:
http://pois.freeforums.org/

Comments, please!

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #6474 on: 31/12/2009 16:01:18 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums

Login
Login with username, password and session length