The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome (POIS)  (Read 6433416 times)

Offline lauracostis

• View Profile
Re: Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome (POIS)
« Reply #6675 on: 04/02/2010 22:54:00 »
pedro05 i would love to give cerebrolysin a go around but the online pharmacies that i am lookin at are very sketchy.

Offline lauracostis

• View Profile
« Reply #6676 on: 04/02/2010 23:05:48 »
wow interesting matsado, so I just take olive extract right after orgasm, and the symptoms disappear?
seems too good to be true.
Regarding my pois history, I'm not sure when it began, maybe about 5 years ago? I just started taking notice like 2 years ago, I was never too sure though until I found this sight.  I went to my doctor claiming thyroid problems, but that was dismissed.  My pois symptoms hit the day after orgasm.  My hands feel weird, head feels really cloudy, and really sensitive to stuff.  By that I mean sound, pain, taste.  Its really hard to tolerate stuff.  It last about a week, then it slowly fades.  I'm not sure if i experienced complete healing before, because the longest I've abstained from masturbation is like 1 month.  I don't think thats enough time for a full heal, but who knows.
matsoda says he is taking the 50 mls of extract every day! no matter what.  he then says he is taking an extra 30 mls after o. olive leaf complex is one of the most potent antioxidants on the planet. it is also the only non prescription drug that can fight retro virusus.

Offline lauracostis

• View Profile
« Reply #6677 on: 04/02/2010 23:18:57 »
Hi all,

I have suffered from delibatating POIS symptoms as described on this forum for almost 20 years now. It's been a long road and i have tried just about everything to understand it and find relief with very little effect. I ended up avoiding any sexual stimulation altogether.

For what it's worth, i recently found that my POIS symptoms have all but disappeared! It seems that when i consume 50mls of Olive Leaf Extract daily, and extra taken slowly (for 1-2hrs) post orgasm.. my symptoms have all gone. The relief has been consistant and 100% repeatable.

This is my genuine personal experience. Maybe it can help somebody else here.

Kind regards
Darren

PS. Anything liquid you can get from your local health food store should do fine. The recommended dose for the brand i am using is 5ml taken 3x Daily, but my results have come from taking 50ml (mixed in 500ml of pure water) consumed over the day. I also consume another 30mls with water post orgasm. It's not that hard to put it in your water bottle. It's totally natural and from what i have read there is no risk of overdosing, but please do you own research to check that it's safe at these doses.
matsoda, can you tell me how long it took to see results, did you not have results with the normal dosage of 15mls.

Offline hazey

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #6678 on: 05/02/2010 06:09:51 »
matsoda can you please provide more detail for us
1) what type of symptoms you had
2) how long it took to see results as 50ml dosage from 500ml bottle would only last 10days. Can be expensive...

Offline silverandcol

• View Profile
« Reply #6679 on: 05/02/2010 09:05:22 »
anyone else have mild stomach aches after orgasm?

Offline pedro05

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #6680 on: 05/02/2010 12:58:42 »
lauracostis:

if there's anything i can do to help...

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6681 on: 05/02/2010 21:11:18 »

Hi all,

I have suffered from delibatating POIS symptoms as described on this forum for almost 20 years now. It's been a long road and i have tried just about everything to understand it and find relief with very little effect. I ended up avoiding any sexual stimulation altogether.

For what it's worth, i recently found that my POIS symptoms have all but disappeared! It seems that when i consume 50mls of Olive Leaf Extract daily, and extra taken slowly (for 1-2hrs) post orgasm.. my symptoms have all gone. The relief has been consistant and 100% repeatable.

This is my genuine personal experience. Maybe it can help somebody else here.

Kind regards
Darren

PS. Anything liquid you can get from your local health food store should do fine. The recommended dose for the brand i am using is 5ml taken 3x Daily, but my results have come from taking 50ml (mixed in 500ml of pure water) consumed over the day. I also consume another 30mls with water post orgasm. It's not that hard to put it in your water bottle. It's totally natural and from what i have read there is no risk of overdosing, but please do you own research to check that it's safe at these doses.

Darren, thank you!

Please tell us when you started this treatment?

Many of us have been tremendously excited with a new "cure" (including me). But then (far too often, it seems), something happens after a while: it stops working.

My treatment cure has worked for a year, which now makes me feel RELATIVELY satisfied that it's "the real thing". But I continue to be cautious, so as to not be devastated by a reversal somewhere down the line!

We do hope you will stay connected and let us know periodically how you're doing.

Very best wishes,

Demo
« Last Edit: 06/02/2010 06:18:30 by demografx »

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6682 on: 05/02/2010 21:15:19 »

anyone else have mild stomach aches after orgasm?

silver, yes, combined with mild nausea. Thanks for bringing it up!

Offline sweden

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #6683 on: 06/02/2010 00:12:19 »
I would just like to report that I tried Relora for a while but I can not really say that it helped.

I will keep looking. Any suggestions on what to try next? What has helped the most?

/Sweden

Offline artosophy

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #6684 on: 06/02/2010 01:07:23 »
I just want to post an update on my status. My POIS, has improved from lasting about 7 days to now lasting about one or two days at the most. It is also less severe. I don't know why this improvement has happened. Perhaps I am slowly growing out of it. I am twenty three years old now, and my POIS first started when I was around 12 or 13. The brain fog is almost non-existent now. The only severe symptom is a decrease in my ability to speak. It becomes hard to speak/sound out words at a normal rate of speed. Although my POIS has become less severe it is still disruptive to my day to day functioning. I am trying to eat less salt, and exercise, to decrease my blood pressure to see if that may help elliminate what remains of my pois.   

Offline georgesteve

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #6685 on: 06/02/2010 06:08:08 »
Hello i am new to this and i found this site by accident. But i quickly found out that i had POIS. Ihave had several trips to the doctor and had all sorts of tests including a cat scan but everything came out good. It feels good to know that am not going crazy. I just have one question about the olive leaf extract. All i can find is capsules i just wanted to know if this will work or if someone could tell me were they got theirs i would really appreciate it. THANKS

Offline Guthrie

• View Profile
« Reply #6686 on: 06/02/2010 06:20:58 »
According to a recent study, vitamin D is linked to testosterone:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20050857

I have to say I'm taking fish oil since 1 month without effect on Pois.
Guthrie was testing vitamin D, I hope he's fine now.

Nope, still not fine, although I would say that there has been improvement.  However, I'm not sure if my vitamin D levels are back in the 'normal' range yet--last time I had them checked (5 months ago), they were still low.  I should get them tested again soon.

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6687 on: 06/02/2010 06:22:37 »

Any suggestions on what to try next [for POIS]? What has helped the most?

Sweden, some of the sources of possibilities that you're looking for can be found in your welcome post, such as B_Jim's summary, and the new website.
« Last Edit: 06/02/2010 06:27:45 by demografx »

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6688 on: 06/02/2010 06:23:49 »

georgesteve, welcome to the POIS thread of The Naked Science Forum!

Here are some POIS resources which may be helpful to you:

Our new POIS Information Website, built by "mat780", is here:
http://sites.google.com/site/POISwebsite/

Please see "B_Jim"'s POIS Summary of All Cases, here as well as others on the Web. This includes remedies that we have tested, and results.
http://www.thenakedscientists.com/forum/index.php?topic=6576.msg149009#msg149009

"Girlwind" has created an excellent POIS Video:

And filling out the POIS survey created by "Counterpoints" will enable you to share POIS information and details with others here. This will also enable us to work more easily with outside researchers by having more organized data available about us:
http://pois.olympe-network.com/

POIS Research Study

We have a copy of the first and only formal medical investigation on POIS by Dr. Marcel Waldinger,MD and Dr. Dave Schweitzer, MD.

There are 2 ways to get it: (1) if you want a PDF copy, send me a Private Message (PM) with your regular email address (use "AT" instead of "@" ) and I'll send you back the PDF. Or, if you prefer, (2) I can simply reply with a Private Message (no regular email needed) and provide you with a simple text version embedded in your PM.

To send a Private Message, click on "Messages" at the top of this page. At the Messages page, click on "New Message". From that point on, it works just like posting a message here, except that it only goes to the person(s) you designate.

Remember to put a quote around my name, i.e., "demografx".

New York Times article,

January 20, 2009
Mind
Sex and Depression: In the Brain, if Not the Mind
By RICHARD A. FRIEDMAN, M.D.
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/20/health/views/20mind.html?_r=1&scp=1&sq=friedman%20sexual%20January%2020&st=cse

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

In addition to serving our own informational interests, the resources listed above can be useful for you to show the medical world - which often shows little understanding and is sometimes skeptical of our condition - that POIS has scientific underpinnings and that POIS is not "just another psychological problem" related to sex - to be treated by the psychiatric/psychotherapist community. This can help fight the immediate reaction of some: IT'S NOT "ALL IN OUR HEADS"!

Also, it can be helpful when dealing with medical professionals to point out the successful existence of our rapidly growing forum for nearly 3 years, which has attracted over 150 POIS sufferers worldwide who have posted here, plus well over 500,000 page visits. Not bad for a rare malady!

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6689 on: 06/02/2010 06:25:07 »

georgesteve, this post will help you find information about POIS that we have already discussed, by tailoring a Google search to this forum:

SEARCH THE FORUM WITH GOOGLE

We have an overwhelming amount of data: almost 3 years' worth of posts (nearly 7,000 posts!) from 150+ Forum members, and an additional 150 POIS sufferers found elsewhere on the Internet by Member B_Jim.

In the Google search box, type
whatever-it-is-you're-interested-in-finding-out[space]POIS[space]site:http://thenakedscientists.com/

for example, I tried
demografx POIS site:http://thenakedscientists.com/

and 1,000+ results came up for "demografx" within the Forum.

be careful with spaces (you can use them before the word "site") and no-spaces (everything after the word "site")

Google even provides you results with the Message# for each result. But Message #'s do change, so be patient and look for the approximate Message#.

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6690 on: 06/02/2010 06:33:54 »

...my POIS symptoms have all but disappeared...when i consume 50mls of Olive Leaf Extract daily, and extra taken slowly (for 1-2hrs) post orgasm...

Darren, if I may I ask, what prompted you in the first place to try this remedy?

Offline CertainlyPOIS

• View Profile
« Reply #6691 on: 06/02/2010 22:54:20 »
sweeden, on page 10 bjim has a post on every thing that has been tried so you can used that list to determine what next. 

personally am going to try .
testosterone - hopefully urologist am going to see lets me try it.
olive extract
vitamin b12
nigella sativa
fenugreek - i already tried didnt seem to work i will try again.
vitamins metioned in forum that are said to have work
Low dose naltroxene
Cerebrolysin, if i can get my hands on it.

I am going to try each one by themselves. One has to help.

« Last Edit: 06/02/2010 23:01:40 by CCconfucius »

Offline CertainlyPOIS

• View Profile
« Reply #6692 on: 06/02/2010 22:57:00 »
Hello i am new to this and i found this site by accident. But i quickly found out that i had POIS. Ihave had several trips to the doctor and had all sorts of tests including a cat scan but everything came out good. It feels good to know that am not going crazy. I just have one question about the olive leaf extract. All i can find is capsules i just wanted to know if this will work or if someone could tell me were they got theirs i would really appreciate it. THANKS

wholefoods market, or an organic food store with vitamin section, drug emporium, gnc, will be stores that prolly have the product.  I go to drug emporium they have everything we have mensured in this forum. 

To find a store that specializes in alternative stuff. You can go to solgar website and look for a store in your neighbourhood that carries their product. I bet a store that carries their product will also have alot for you to choose from.

Offline POIS-SUFFERER

• View Profile
« Reply #6693 on: 08/02/2010 06:00:23 »
Yep me too, testicle was stuck in the up position at birth, was lowered.... somehow.....

Maybe this is just a common occurance for males? We need to look at the #'s....

PS.

Hope it doesn't annoy demo too much!, but I never did explain myself too fully why I think the writings Wilhelm Reich, in my opinon, applies to POIS.

Nope, not annoyed at all. I appreciate your fleshing out the argument, actually.

OK, I don't know if this supports your argument or not, I had an undescended testicle corrected (possibly at birth) - and recall no trauma (but I suppose that it's possible).

My 30+ years of agonizing POIS has been hugely reversed by TRT, testosterone replacement therapy, a daily dose of 15mg. In addition, I think the stimulant meds I take help.

POIS is usually relieved about 90%.

Offline prism

• View Profile
« Reply #6694 on: 08/02/2010 09:20:24 »
Yep me too, testicle was stuck in the up position at birth, was lowered.... somehow.....

Maybe this is just a common occurance for males? We need to look at the #'s....

PS.

[/quote]

How old were you?
I was 6 which was quite old (discovered late).
Old enough to recall the raw pain this procedure gives you.
If you were younger then the this fear could be more imbedded????

'common' no, i think its 1 in 100 - maybe wrong.

I definitely blocked out this pain growing up- I couldnt even touch the scarring or testicle without wincing (on scrotum - didnt even know until I was 27 that is what it was!!!)
but thought feeling uneasy touching that area was normal.
My POIS was 100% definitely caused by this fear.
I started to release this fear. - touching the problem area (left testicle & scrotum)
without trying to flinch would leave me shaking and a pool of sweat.
It would feel cold to touch, I would lock my neck.
But I slowly got over it - NO muscle rigidity now when touching my testicle!!
There should be no pain or fear of pain around the testicle area for anyone.

Id be really interested if people do or dont relate to this, either way.
« Last Edit: 08/02/2010 18:34:07 by daveyboy »

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile

Offline CertainlyPOIS

• View Profile
« Reply #6696 on: 08/02/2010 20:30:30 »
John did you take 1000mg b12 or 1000mcg, i was looking for b12 supplements online and did not find b12 supplement as high as 1000mg.

Offline John21

• View Profile
« Reply #6697 on: 08/02/2010 21:27:29 »
Cconfucius,
Insert Quote
John did you take 1000mg b12 or 1000mcg, i was looking for b12 supplements online and did not find b12 supplement as high as 1000mg.

Sorry my mistake, I said 1000mg but I meant 1000mcg. It is available at this dosage but I bought it at 100mcg and took 10. I think I also saw it was available at 500mg. I corrected the error on the original post.
« Last Edit: 08/02/2010 21:32:29 by John21 »

Offline pedro05

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #6698 on: 08/02/2010 22:44:29 »
lauracostis:

you have a good review of cerebrolysin here
newbielink:http://wiseyoung.wordpress.com/2009/02/10/271/ [nonactive] (the same site i posted before)
it's a very good all around drug for brain/neurological problems

it's an injectable solution. if you want information on how to inject yourself i can give you,
or you can go to nursing center pay for a shot, everyday.
i took cerebrolysin for 15 days at 5ml then i increased it to 10ml for a week. Then i did the withdrawal.
5ml is enough for a healthy person. For us, i recommend begin with 10ml.
A 15/20 days cycle will be enough. It wont cure you but it will definitely improve
your condition.
I'm so satisfied with cerebrolysin that i'm going for another round!
i simply dont want to wait the de-habituation period.
i have habituation to the drug so im going to increase the dosage and kill my POIS right now once and forever.
i will post my results here.
By the way, cerebrolysin also gives you an overall increase in your brain capability, intelligence if you want to call it, nice side effect ;)

Best regards everyone

Offline lauracostis

• View Profile
« Reply #6699 on: 08/02/2010 23:19:16 »
lauracostis:

you have a good review of cerebrolysin here
http://wiseyoung.wordpress.com/2009/02/10/271/ (the same site i posted before)
it's a very good all around drug for brain/neurological problems

it's an injectable solution. if you want information on how to inject yourself i can give you,
or you can go to nursing center pay for a shot, everyday.
i took cerebrolysin for 15 days at 5ml then i increased it to 10ml for a week. Then i did the withdrawal.
5ml is enough for a healthy person. For us, i recommend begin with 10ml.
A 15/20 days cycle will be enough. It wont cure you but it will definitely improve
your condition.
I'm so satisfied with cerebrolysin that i'm going for another round!
i simply dont want to wait the de-habituation period.
i have habituation to the drug so im going to increase the dosage and kill my POIS right now once and forever.
i will post my results here.
By the way, cerebrolysin also gives you an overall increase in your brain capability, intelligence if you want to call it, nice side effect ;)

Best regards everyone

thanks pedro,
i already read that article, and have done my research. you cant get it in the usa so, drugspro is a pharmacy out of eastern europe, but i want to get a prepaid visa card first to use there. i also may never know if the injections are legitimate cerebrolysin or fake pirated medication.

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #6699 on: 08/02/2010 23:19:16 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums