The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome (POIS)  (Read 6445733 times)

Offline martin88

• View Profile
Re: Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome (POIS)
« Reply #700 on: 14/06/2008 07:31:46 »
One thing I am absolutely secure, when I have an orgasm I feel almost inmediately that something weird happens in my stomach. I feel like my organism whants to sweep stomach contents to intestine, and that get manifested with fatigue and bad mood. I think that may be some substance poured inside by the orgasm mechanism produce this effect. The process I described it last few days and it is acompanied by other common Pois symthoms that I think are result of that process. And not necessarly having diarrea, it is not my case, I start to get very constipated, wich it helps to get worse others symthomps, like to much fatigue, headaches, swollen nose, greasy nose, sweats, get hungry, specially need for sugar foods somethimes or big meals, little of acne, hard hair hard to comb, among many others.
Hi Solution, i do not feel anything in the stomach, we are all differents except for fatigue. Try to eat slowly and masticate your food for a long time perhaps this can help a bit.

Offline Counterpoints

• View Profile
« Reply #701 on: 15/06/2008 09:03:11 »
But this Forum, to me, is an incredible breakthrough. Prior to the Forum, we had absolutely nothing. Now we have hundreds of focused pages chock full of fascinating personal history and even some successes in the cure department. To some degree, I attribute my partial cure to this Forum in that it raised my awareness of possible contributors and alleviants of POIS.

Yes, I'm also really happy to have found this forum; it's nice to know that there are other people who understand this experience and that we aren't alone in searching for treatment.  This is by far the best place I've found in about 10 years of many google searches.

(PS.  I aim to have the form up and accessible for us this week.  I think it will be a great way to quickly organize and compile our information for researchers).
« Last Edit: 15/06/2008 09:06:24 by Counterpoints »

Offline martin88

• View Profile
« Reply #702 on: 15/06/2008 15:34:04 »

Offline pyropeach

• View Profile
« Reply #703 on: 15/06/2008 22:43:13 »
Aight people, I just sent the letter for OHSU, so cross your fingers.

Offline girlwind

• View Profile
« Reply #704 on: 16/06/2008 04:22:18 »
I am really impressed by us! We are so wonderfully relentless.  ;D ;D ;D

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #705 on: 16/06/2008 06:22:44 »

Aight people, I just sent the letter for OHSU, so cross your fingers.

PYROPEACH, THANK YOU! GREAT GOING. Crossing fingers AND toes!!

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: 16/06/2008 06:26:28 »

(PS.  I aim to have the form up and accessible for us this week.  I think it will be a great way to quickly organize and compile our information for researchers).

This is great. Please keep in mind that we also have much valuable information posted here from people who posted but haven't returned to the Forum.

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: 16/06/2008 06:39:46 »

This is by far the best place I've found in about 10 years of many google searches.

Counterpoints, thank you very much for that great compliment!

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: 16/06/2008 06:42:20 »
I am really impressed by us! We are so wonderfully relentless.  ;D ;D ;D

Girlwind, your great spirit shines through ;D

Offline martin88

• View Profile
« Reply #709 on: 16/06/2008 12:53:09 »
Yes it is a GREAT place here. I hope all the people who left the forum come back sometimes . They will be able to fill the form(s)or to give us details about treatments if they are healed. We should add in the form if we are ready to give some blood samples. Possible but not easy to post blood in ice pack . I can't imagine an endocrinologist working and finding something without lab tests. (however he can be able to find a special technic to give pois to rats ! ::)  Power of science...). 

Offline martin88

• View Profile
« Reply #710 on: 17/06/2008 15:40:41 »
when i was 23 my cortisol level was too high (pois day 10) . I was taking multivitamin at this time (with C and B5 in it). I have never done any other test after that but perhaps it's still high because i often wake up very early (3am).

When i was 35 i have done a bioavailable testosterone test pois day 15 and the result was 5 (normal range 4 - 15). I wasn't doing sport at all at this time. I wasn't very tired before the test.

2 years later i have done an other one for testosterone, pois day 1, exactly the same test, same hour. I was very tired before the test. Result 8 (normal 4 - 15) .
I was surprised because i red  this study  : http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11760788
(about this study my doc say it's not a problem because testosterone stay in the range)
I was playing tennis 2h00/week at this time(for the second test). Perhaps this could have changed the result . I have never played tennis before in my life, i'm not very sports oriented since pois, however at 26 i was able to run non stop for two hours every day, only with total sexual abstinence and good nutrition. If i had a wet dream i could only run (not easily) 15-20 min which is not a lot with the training i had at this time.

Hope this helps. For me it's only confusion.
« Last Edit: 12/11/2008 16:47:22 by martin88 »

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: 18/06/2008 03:48:32 »

Hope this helps. For me it's only confusion.

Martin88, your posts are very valuable. Thank you.
« Last Edit: 19/06/2008 16:43:32 by demografx »

Offline hk1979

• View Profile
« Reply #712 on: 18/06/2008 21:14:12 »
martin88

I feel the same as you, almost exactly the same kind of problem. I am an athlete, and POIS takes my performance down to about 20% of my abillity. Very annoying!

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: 19/06/2008 00:23:53 »
martin88

I feel the same as you, almost exactly the same kind of problem. I am an athlete, and POIS takes my performance down to about 20% of my abillity. Very annoying!

You must have much patience and tolerance. "Very annoying"? I would call 20% effectiveness devastating!

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
  • Naked Science Forum GOD!
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: 19/06/2008 02:00:22 »
martin88

I agree....20% deficit in performance  as an athlete IS frustratingly annoying. (mild understatement !!!! )

As an Ex-Athlete myself....... this would have been devastating !!

Offline Counterpoints

• View Profile
« Reply #715 on: 19/06/2008 06:34:24 »
I'm curious: has anyone here had a glucose tolerance test?

Offline Counterpoints

• View Profile
« Reply #716 on: 19/06/2008 08:17:57 »
Also: for those with irritated bowel symptoms (I do not have these), have you tried a gluten free diet?
I was just reading this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coeliac_disease

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: 19/06/2008 16:36:05 »
Why can't I just have peanut butter and jelly sandwiches? They cured _everything_ when I was a kid.

Offline neilep

• Withdrawnmist
  • Naked Science Forum GOD!
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: 19/06/2008 17:23:18 »
Why can't I just have peanut butter and jelly sandwiches? They cured _everything_ when I was a kid.

Yummy !!!...Thank Ewe America for Peanut Butter and Jelly Sarnies !!.........

Offline girlwind

• View Profile
« Reply #719 on: 19/06/2008 19:44:08 »
If you all want a good general information health website, here's one I recommend. I've found many answers to  questions on diet
and supplements. http://www.mercola.com/

I've not posted a question about POIS. Since I've posted several other questions, maybe one of you could do that... ?   It's a thought.

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #720 on: 20/06/2008 19:17:28 »
OUR ENDOCRINOLOGIST SEARCH

Pyropeach has been working hard on finding someone at OHSU (Oregon Health) but it doesn't look like they can help in the immediate future.

If everyone here can find out the email address of your local university/medical contact (ask for the email address of the Chief Endocrinologist), we have letter templates that were posted by me and B_Jim and Counterpoints.

If you can send the letter, great. If not just give one of us the email address and we'll take it from there!

Your phone call to find the email address of your local endocrinologist might be the next step to a POIS cure!

Many thanks for all your efforts!

Offline hk1979

• View Profile
« Reply #721 on: 20/06/2008 20:29:35 »
just a note from my side. I changed the L-Tyrosine to L-Phenylalanine, my POIS has lots to do with Dopamine and Glucose. Therefor these are the only supplements I nowadays will never skip in a day:

1) L-Phenylalanine 100mg on an empty stomach when I wake up
2) Alpha Lipoic Acid and Brewers Yeast with breakfast a little bit later

I found that increasing the ATP energy in my body, things are getting much better. Brewers Yeast has a lot of Ribose and B Vitamins, and Alpha Lipoic Acid helps with glucose transport and insulin tolerance.

THE ABOVE SUPPLEMENTS WERE A VERY GOOD FIND FOR ME. I HAVE BEEN TAKING IT SINCE 1 JUNE, AND LIFE IS GETTING BETTER.

I stopped taking the DHEA. I sometimes take probiotics for the stomach, some rye bread now and then.

To demografx, I recommend L-Phenylalanine and Alpha Lipoic Acid (250mg per day) to you, since my erections also got better.

Offline hk1979

• View Profile
« Reply #722 on: 20/06/2008 20:53:53 »
demografx

I have sent the letter to Dr. Murdock:

http://hisandherhealth.com/contact-dr.-murdock.html [nofollow]

let's see what happens

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: 21/06/2008 01:20:42 »
demografx

I have sent the letter to Dr. Murdock:

http://hisandherhealth.com/contact-dr.-murdock.html

let's see what happens

hk1979, THANK YOU! He's a urologist, let's see what he thinks.
« Last Edit: 21/06/2008 02:15:38 by demografx »

Offline Counterpoints

• View Profile
« Reply #724 on: 21/06/2008 07:06:17 »
I think it will be a lot easier to get a positive response once we have the forms filled out.  It may be worth mentioning that all of the information is in the process of being compiled in an organized way.

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #724 on: 21/06/2008 07:06:17 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums