The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome (POIS)  (Read 6450708 times)

Offline Limejuice

• View Profile
Re: Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome (POIS)
« Reply #7025 on: 17/03/2010 19:29:14 »
My status:

For about 5 days I've been testing this:

- Gluten free
- Aluminum free
- Alexander Technique (about 8 lessons over 3 months)

Today I visited an allergy doctor who tested for food allergies.  The results were negative - not allergic to any foods tested.  This is interesting because I feel that gluten free foods make me feel better...  I haven't O'd after testing this gluten free diet yet.

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7026 on: 17/03/2010 20:52:58 »

No pois after orgasm. zero 0%  [ after "a diet of only meat, raw vegetables, rice, and potatoes." ] 

ophicus, best wishes, I hope it continues to hold true over the next few months! Please keep us posted.

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7027 on: 17/03/2010 22:59:54 »
My POIS Testosterone treatment continues, post-open heart surgery. For those of you interested in my treatment:

I'm still on 15mg/day Androderm patch. Continues to work after more than a year of treatment. Cardiac/GP team is ok with it.

Test                       Result      Units      Reference Interval

Testosterone, Serum    376       ng/dL           280 - 800

Free Testosterone       10.2      pg/mL           6.6  - 18.1
(Direct)

PSA, Serum                0.9        ng/mL            0.0 - 4.0
    Roche ECLIA methodology.

« Last Edit: 17/03/2010 23:05:04 by demografx »

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7028 on: 17/03/2010 23:03:49 »

...testing this gluten free diet...

Limejuice, best wishes on gluten free test!

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7029 on: 17/03/2010 23:08:04 »

sure i read that some taoits [sic] belive [sic] that , masturbation/sex can compromise your immune system

I doubt that they have any evidence to back it up.

Offline GoingCrazy

• View Profile
« Reply #7030 on: 18/03/2010 00:39:46 »
I've been celibate for about 5 weeks now and feel great.  Though not at my best in the mornings.  The strange thing that I have noticed though is that right now I can eat loads of candy and still feel great, but in POIS it would tend to tip off my mood.

I've also been getting crazy weird dreams?  Like I can feel my body but can't move it before I'm actually dreaming... and in this state what's really strange is that I always hear some person talking to me as if a person was right next to me talking and saying strange, scary and weird things... sometimes yelling my name.  Am i being haunted by a POIS Demon?  Lol

Offline GoingCrazy

• View Profile
« Reply #7031 on: 18/03/2010 00:48:01 »
P.S.   has anyone had an exorcism?  lol   ...  I mean we talk about eating our own semen so I thought this was appropriate    :)

Offline CertainlyPOIS

• View Profile
« Reply #7032 on: 18/03/2010 02:22:03 »
I've been celibate for about 5 weeks now and feel great.  Though not at my best in the mornings.  The strange thing that I have noticed though is that right now I can eat loads of candy and still feel great, but in POIS it would tend to tip off my mood.

I've also been getting crazy weird dreams?  Like I can feel my body but can't move it before I'm actually dreaming... and in this state what's really strange is that I always hear some person talking to me as if a person was right next to me talking and saying strange, scary and weird things... sometimes yelling my name.  Am i being haunted by a POIS Demon?  Lol

I have those dreams where i am awake but am still asleep, i litearelly have to tell my body to wake up. Everybody gets those though, i had a conversation about that with my coworkers.

Offline John21

• View Profile
« Reply #7033 on: 18/03/2010 09:10:24 »
i know why you called yourself 'goingcrazy'.

i dont wanna sound mean, but why would you jump to an extreme/irrational measure like exorcism (if thats what you meant) when i doubt you've gone through all the sensible options such as

I'm thinking maybe, just maybe... he was joking.  :)

Offline poised

• View Profile
« Reply #7034 on: 18/03/2010 19:20:36 »
Quote from: B_Jim
Sperm is rich in catecholamine compared to blood : 19 times more noradrenaline and 2 times more Dopac. Is it enough to create an unbalance with such a little volume ? I don't know.
From my own experience, I think that the cause of POIS in my case can be ejaculation, not orgasm. I noticed that the less semen I lose the less severe POIS I have after. One guy on this forum proved that it is a possible cause of POIS for some by having orgasm without ejaculation.
So I think it's possible.
Maybe, are there any additional compounds (absent in sperm) in the prostrate fluid which begin accumulate after ejaculation causing POIS?

Offline CertainlyPOIS

• View Profile
« Reply #7035 on: 18/03/2010 19:59:11 »
am i crazy or what, because i havnt lost hope in progesterone yet. There are different types of pregesterone out there and there are those more powerful than norethisterone, like noregestrel( it is has more powere progestenic and androgenic effects.  Am thinking of trying "plan b medicine"  which is basically over the counter noregestrel for women, after i am able to test progesterone in and out of pois.  I will ask endo(finally found one that dosent require referal) whether it is safe to try or not.

am doing this because that paper is the closest to pois ad it can possibly be without the headache.

Offline CertainlyPOIS

• View Profile
« Reply #7036 on: 18/03/2010 20:01:01 »
Ophicus/anyonel; what is the difference between testing for food sensiivites and allergy. those looking at sensitivity require more powerfull test or reading lab results different from a conventional doctor.

Offline CertainlyPOIS

• View Profile
« Reply #7037 on: 18/03/2010 20:33:27 »
CC:
What about progesterone patches?
I guess it depends if you are low on progesterone.

Are you definitely low on progesterone?
Are you low on testosterone? have you tried those patches?

am not sure yet but i am taking test of progesterone in pois wont know results till march 29
i need to heal but that never happens and try progesterone when normal
testosterone i have conflicting results so  i need to try when am normal, but that i am lucky when i dont get struck by NE or brain orgasm.

Offline GoingCrazy

• View Profile
« Reply #7038 on: 19/03/2010 00:39:53 »
i know why you called yourself 'goingcrazy'.

Is there any other appropriate name to use that is being affected by this disease ? 

And... I was joking I'm not about to go to my mom and tell her I need an exorcism to cure this disease.   :D
« Last Edit: 19/03/2010 00:51:32 by goingcrazy »

Offline GoingCrazy

• View Profile
« Reply #7039 on: 19/03/2010 00:50:56 »
Anyone catch the latest South Park on sex addiction?

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7040 on: 19/03/2010 16:35:01 »

And... I was joking I'm not about to go to my mom and tell her I need an exorcism to cure this disease.   :D

Joking??? Dang!!! Now you tell me!!! I went to 10 different priests (ordained, at eBay) and bought all their exorcism manuals!!!

Out, Out, POIS!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: 19/03/2010 16:38:43 by demografx »

Offline RhythmSpring

• View Profile
« Reply #7041 on: 19/03/2010 17:15:20 »
So... When is this thread going to become its own POIS forum so we can have lots of topics going at once?

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7042 on: 19/03/2010 18:49:46 »

It is already, RS, it is. :)

...but feel free to start an entire new thread(s) here at NSF.

When the #_active_, daily participants in 1+ topics  increases to the point of justifying a multi-topic forum, you're right, we should then re-consider.

edit - interesting point: Yahoo! Forums are extremely successful, with no topic sub-groups. And they have fewer capabilities than we do here, actually.
« Last Edit: 20/03/2010 03:41:01 by demografx »

Offline GoingCrazy

• View Profile
« Reply #7043 on: 20/03/2010 00:27:30 »

And... I was joking I'm not about to go to my mom and tell her I need an exorcism to cure this disease.   :D

Joking??? Dang!!! Now you tell me!!! I went to 10 different priests (ordained, at eBay) and bought all their exorcism manuals!!!

Out, Out, POIS!!!!!!!!!!

Did it work???

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7044 on: 20/03/2010 03:38:18 »

Yes, except for some of Day Zero...wait, what's IN that testosterone???? ;D

Offline John21

• View Profile
« Reply #7045 on: 20/03/2010 16:31:37 »

John,vitamin B9 (spinach) must reduce allergies :

http://www.jacionline.org/article/S0091-6749%2809%2900387-X/abstract

Thanks for that BJim.

I wonder if pesticides, etc in grains could cause a reaction? I'm going to try some organic grains, starting with spelt bread.

Offline Defsync

• View Profile
« Reply #7046 on: 20/03/2010 23:27:09 »
im posting the lyrics to a song from one of my favorite artists, Klayton Scott and his band Celldweller. Song is called "Frozen" and although its about other things lines like "A fading memory, when my mind is frozen" LOL are dead on for my mental POIS

Celldweller Frozen lyrics

Inside this fantasy
It seems so real to me
Synthetic ecstasy, when her legs are open
True Love behind a wall
Where men and angels fall
A fading memory, when my mind is frozen
I can see a frozen point in time
Where her figure still awaits
Tongue of fire tracing lips outline
Where frozen breath originates
With one motion of her waiting eyes
She strips everything away
This one moment is intensified
And colors all fade to grey
I am in the only place that i want to be
Though we know that it ends eventually
But it's alright because right now we're frozen
I want to forget mistakes they've helped me make
It's better to be broken than to break
Inside this fantasy
It seems so real to me
True Love behind a wall
I can see a frozen point in time
That is easy to retrace
Light and darkness are both intertwined
The elements are in their place with
One motion of her wanting mind
The real world begins to fade
And all the hateful things I have become
Temporarily go away
Inside this fantasy
It seems so real to me
True Love behind a wall
When my mind's frozen:
I'll take you anwhere you want to go
Far from anything that feels like home (lets go)
You are anyone I want to be (it's here and now, and now it's only you and me)
It's never enough (mmm that's true)
I want to stay here (yeah, and I do too)
Breakin' it down(takin' it down)
With smell(smell), touch(touch, taste(taste), sight(sight), and sound(sound)
How long will I be here without you near because I'm so cold
Break them first or I'll get broken is not what I was told, now I'm so cold
I'm so cold
So cold
Inside this fantasy
It seems so real to me
True Love behind a wall
Inside this fantasy
It seems so real to me
True Love behind a wall

Offline Merrilee

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #7047 on: 21/03/2010 14:07:54 »
Iam very interested in the discussion as it relates to diet and food sensitities. Here are several comments relating to the last week of posts.

Please note that OATS are not necessarily gluten free as they are generally cross-contaminated during processing and shipping. Specially grown and packaged Gluten Free oats are available for purchase at the usual Gluten Free prices - ie spendy.

Allergies are food reactions involving IgE. These reactions are swift and can be severe, requiring epi-pens and hospitalization. Think E for emergency. Allergists do these tests with patch/pricks.  In other words, knowing you aren’t allergic to gluten is not the point. If you were allergic, you would almost certainly know that by now. (wheezing, hives, etc.) Are you sensitive is the question?  Limejuice,  you may well be right – eating GF may make you feel better even if every single test you take is negative (plenty of people over at celiac.com report this.)

Food sensitivities can take up to 72 hours to show up. They can be subtle and cumulative. The tests for these tend to be IgG but there are more tests being developed all the time, particularly for gluten as it relates to neurological damage. All of these tests have flaws. The gluten tests tend to have false negatives. The general food sensitivity tests tend to have false positives; some people test positive for foods that they have never eaten.

Anyone interested in a possible link between POIS and diet would do well to try the Paleo diet. (very similar to Ophicus – congrats to you, sir!) The PaNu blog is the best source of info. This diet is also an easy way to eliminate foods temporarily so that you can “challenge” them to determine a food sensitivity. The Joneja book is helpful for this.

Anyone who suspects gluten intolerance should read up on celiac testing before changing their diet and before seeing their doctor. Otherwise, it is very likely that your doctor will not do all the correct tests. When you get the results post them and the reference ranges at celiac.com. This is important not only for your health, but for others in your family.

John21, I don’t doubt your efforts, but it is very unlikely that your diet is indeed GF, because it is unlikely that your kitchen is gluten free (wooden spoons, cutting boards, etc, etc.). Regardless, your reaction to carbs is very telling. The fatigue could be occurring when you are re-exposed to very small amounts of gluten. Please continue your investigations in diet area.  Just curious, did your sleep change while eating GF? Many reports of insomnia improvements over at celiac.com

opiates - gluten, casein are considered to have opiate like action and there are some interesting posts about wheat being "addictive" over at the Heartscan blog. Spinach also has an opiate type component. newbielink:http://www.plantpoisonsandrottenstuff.info/content/elimination-diet/gluten-casein.aspx [nonactive]

The root cause is out there.
« Last Edit: 21/03/2010 14:14:42 by Merrilee »

Offline Defsync

• View Profile
« Reply #7048 on: 21/03/2010 16:50:28 »

Out, Out, POIS!!!!!!!!!!

ROFLZ

love the picture n caption

Offline John21

• View Profile
« Reply #7049 on: 21/03/2010 17:23:32 »

John21, I don’t doubt your efforts, but it is very unlikely that your diet is indeed GF, because it is unlikely that your kitchen is gluten free (wooden spoons, cutting boards, etc, etc.). Regardless, your reaction to carbs is very telling. The fatigue could be occurring when you are re-exposed to very small amounts of gluten. Please continue your investigations in diet area.  Just curious, did your sleep change while eating GF? Many reports of insomnia improvements over at celiac.com

There was no improvement in my insomnia with the GF diet, and I believe that it was even aggravated by it. Last week I had relaxed back to including some wheat bread. Then I had an NE early in the week. I didn't have severe symptoms but I noticed the definite change in my mental chemistry. I immediately stopped eating the small amount of bread I was eating daily (and also temporarily quit yogurt) and in a couple of days I felt great. What's more, I had one of the best sleeps I have had in a long time. Then after another day or two my insomnia came back with a vengeance, as my mental chemistry oscillated back to it's norm. I am not drawing any conclusions but I feel that a problem relating to gluten/casein is an avenue worth exploring. It will be taxing to give up bread and milk products entirely to test this, I almost hope the opioid peptide theory is wrong. :o)

opiates - gluten, casein are considered to have opiate like action and there are some interesting posts about wheat being "addictive" over at the Heartscan blog. Spinach also has an opiate type component. http://www.plantpoisonsandrottenstuff.info/content/elimination-diet/gluten-casein.aspx

Yes, and so I find it strange that spinach would help me if I were to have a problem with opioid peptides, unless the spinach ones were non reactive and blocked the effects of the others.

The root cause is out there.

Amen, this I live for!

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #7049 on: 21/03/2010 17:23:32 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums