The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome (POIS)  (Read 6439847 times)

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Re: Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome (POIS)
« Reply #7300 on: 10/04/2010 19:20:56 »

That study is an excellent idea. If we approach research as you suggested our insurance would cover most the costs. It would also provide credibility
When seeing a doctor.

I live in Denver Colorado and would be willing to drive 2 hours for such an ongoing research.

THANK YOU AGAIN, LIMEJUICE! And I forgot about insurance! With this recent show of support I think we're finally getting somewhere!

BTW, with Limejuice's recent upping of a pledge, we have approx. $6,000 committed to initiating  POIS medical research.

« Last Edit: 10/04/2010 19:42:55 by demografx »

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7301 on: 11/04/2010 06:04:00 »
daveyboy, let's just start over, ok? If eating broiled snails can provably  cure POIS, I'm sure everyone in the forum would be thrilled. But there has been a method to our madness, evident in our 7,000 post pattern.

Many thanks again. 
« Last Edit: 11/04/2010 06:10:00 by demografx »

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7302 on: 11/04/2010 06:41:46 »

B_Jim, don't run away, I'll join you! (my iPhone won't connect, only PC).

BTW, everyone, Chat Room, again is at:
http://forums.delphiforums.com/POIS/chat

« Last Edit: 11/04/2010 06:48:30 by demografx »

Offline Ironyman

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #7303 on: 11/04/2010 07:04:14 »
WOW what a crazy month i had...ok let me start by saying im good and life is good.

Ive ben haveing sex for the past 10 days every day twice a day!!! Its a cuddling  miracle people.....

Extrime Fatigue:Gone

Low Energy Levels:Gone

Brain Fog:I still have it but it dosint bother me cuz im used to it

Depression:Gone
---------------------

Confidence:Back

Libido:Back but not at 100% mabe 80%

I can enjoy sex now!!!

The only complains i have is that i have a sore penis now..i dont know if it in my head but ive ben taking this newbielink:http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001G7QHN0/ref=oss_product [nonactive] i hope the link works

That stuff is great, but sadly i wont be able to see how great it is cuz i cant get past 1 day b4 i have sex!!

I know its not a cure and once i run out of that stuff i might go back to POIS town but hey it was one hell of a month.....I dont knwo wahts in that stuff but its making me feel like a man again.

Offline daveman

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7304 on: 11/04/2010 13:34:11 »

If this is this case, it would be nearly the opposite of the 'semen loss' theory of POIS.  That is, the 'semen loss' theory hypothesizes that POIS stems from a problematic depletion of semen, whereas the 'semen retrograde' theory hypothesizes that POIS stems from a problematic retention of semen!  

a retrograde is considered depletion not retention.
but i dont think pois is much about semen anyway.

In daveman's theory, though, retrograde (or some variation on it) would be rentention in the sense that the semen stays in your system and could therefore cause an allergic or autoimmune reaction.  So it may be a depletion of semen in terms of 'semen reservoirs' but still a retention in terms one's overall system.

I agree with you that, in my opinion, POIS does not seem to be connected to the 'amount' of semen that is 'lost.'  However, I do think it is possible that a biochemical cascade may be set off by something in the *substance* or *chemical makeup* of semen and the effect that that has on the body.  (On the other hand, it is also possible that it could be connected to other chemical reactions linked with orgasm, and not necessarily with semen per se.)

There has been this confusion, at least for me, in the meaning of retention. In the normal sense of retention as you all know it, retrograde is as much a depletion as is a normal ejaculation. The body expells, and therefore must replenish it's sperm, in both cases.

So the case for POIS symptoms during the process of replacement holds equally well for both. That is, retrograde or not, one should have POIS symptoms as a result of sperm replenishment.

I'm not sure how that would work for my particular case, which may or may not be different than the sperm replacement case. Perhaps someone can help me with the logic.

On the other hand, there seems to be another hypothisis, one of algergies or immune system responses to components generated or disposed of in the orgasmic process. My feeling is that such is my case.

And I cannot deny the amazing effects in symptom reduction that I have when I resist retrograde, which obviously does NOT reduce depletion effects.

Can anyone see a logic to how forced ejection could reduce depletion???? That isn't a sarcastic question, I'd really like to see something I may be missing.

During POIS, the first day, I have swelling around the tops and back of the testicles, the epididymis I think it's called.

It's very strange, it's like if it backs up, a lazy ejaculation, my symptoms are much worse. I don't think that goes against the replacement theory, because I'm fairly sure that the reproductive system ejects the sperm, it just stays in some other part of the body. I feel as though it transfuses through the damaged epididymis and thus the immune reaction.

When I force I expell. So it doesn't back up and less enters the blood.

Well that's the theory.

Offline daveman

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7305 on: 11/04/2010 13:37:08 »

How'd y'all make out in the forum? Sorry I wasn't around!

Offline daveman

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7306 on: 11/04/2010 13:38:06 »
Yeay I've got two stars!

Offline GoingCrazy

• View Profile
« Reply #7307 on: 11/04/2010 19:34:59 »
IM REALLY not a big fan of boasting about a potential cure, like demo has said, there is a method to our madness, but I think its better to talk about it than not.

Right now I feel like I am 100% cured from POIS, but this was not the first time I have said that, leaving me only to be disappointed after the "placebo affect" was gone.

2 nights ago and last night I have ingested something that seemed to have "cleared" the "pathways" in my brain, I have no brain fog, no "brain pain" and depression during an erection and following that erection, feel energised and actually alive currently.  The things that I ate, I will write them in order starting from 1 being the highest probable cure.

1)  Strawberries.  I bought 2 packs of Naturipe farms strawberries, @ a deal of $3 per 2 lbs.  I ate a total of 4 lbs of strawberries.  I did some research on strawberries and one of the things that it said was that it promotes normal brain functioning, or something along those lines.  I ate the first 2 lbs of strawberries without sugar, and the last 2 lbs the night after with sugar.

2)  Ester C,  vitamin C tablets to promote a healthy immune system

3)  Acidophilus.  Probably not the cure because I've been taking this   off and on for a while now.

Yet again I'm not saying that this IS %100 the cure, but I encourage you to buy some and try it out, especially the strawberries, because I rarely eat strawberries and let alone, a lot of them.  I'd say forget about the acidophilus and just go straight for strawberries and Ester C.  I know this sounds like a lot of the whole cranberry phase, but if it is than it'll just be another way of encouragement to try new things.
« Last Edit: 11/04/2010 19:36:41 by goingcrazy »

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7308 on: 11/04/2010 21:30:15 »

How'd y'all make out in the forum? Sorry I wasn't around!

We don't make out in the forum ;D Sorry, I couldn't resist!

Seriously, it was GREAT FUN! B_Jim is a teriffic guy to chat with, we got a much clearer understanding of "flulike symptoms" in POIS (which I see that he wrote about very nicely)...and we had a funtime educating a couple of visitors about POIS!
« Last Edit: 12/04/2010 00:22:56 by demografx »

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7309 on: 11/04/2010 21:39:16 »

dont know if it in my head but ive ben taking this http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001G7QHN0/ref=oss_product

That stuff is great

Very interesting! I just noticed, though, that they said the product was currently unavailable at the Amazon link u posted.

But I do see that it's available at Target Stores, and drugstore.com

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7310 on: 11/04/2010 21:43:45 »

Yeay I've got two stars!

daveman, here's one more for being a nice guy!

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7311 on: 11/04/2010 21:55:37 »

Can anyone see a logic to how forced ejection could reduce depletion????

daveman, in the Name Of Science ;D I tried it a few times, and sad to report, but I didn't see a difference. But that's only ME...just one person. Everyone's different. I'm not trying to discourage this at all! I hope it can work for some people!
« Last Edit: 11/04/2010 21:57:15 by demografx »

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7312 on: 11/04/2010 23:52:44 »
Hi, all. Anyone wanna chat? It's 9:00 PM Sunday evening, Pacific Time, USA - C'mon over, we can just have fun getting to know each other better, trade POIS horror stories and solve other World Mysteries;D - demo
JUST CLICK ON:

« Last Edit: 12/04/2010 05:05:26 by demografx »

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7313 on: 12/04/2010 13:35:47 »
daveyboy, let's just start over, ok? If eating broiled snails can provably  cure POIS, I'm sure everyone in the forum would be thrilled. But there has been a method to our madness, evident in our 7,000 post pattern.
Many thanks again. 

Reply from daveyboy today via PM:

"no, i agree
+ this forum is great

I deleted a posts [sic] (they [sic] didnt make sense) on 304 and made changes all [sic] on two on 304 & two on 309
take care
db
feel free to delete the 'quotes' that came from regarding [sic] semen etc.
cheers"
« Last Edit: 12/04/2010 17:33:23 by demografx »

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7314 on: 12/04/2010 17:27:57 »

Right now I feel like I am 100% cured from POIS, [but there's always the] "placebo affect" [to wonder about].

2 nights ago and last night I have ingested something that seemed to have "cleared" the "pathways" in my brain, I have no brain fog, no "brain pain" and depression during an erection and following that erection, feel energised and actually alive currently.  The things that I ate, I will write them in order starting from 1 being the highest probable cure.

1)  Strawberries.
2)  Ester C
3)  Acidophilus

goingcrazy, this is my Scientific Reply to Strawberries/Ester C/Acidophilus regimen's POIS Prognosis.

Best wishes for continued success!!!

Offline RhythmSpring

• View Profile
« Reply #7315 on: 12/04/2010 19:05:46 »
WOW what a crazy month i had...ok let me start by saying im good and life is good.

Ive ben haveing sex for the past 10 days every day twice a day!!! Its a cuddling  miracle people.....

---------------------

I can enjoy sex now!!!

The only complains i have is that i have a sore penis now..i dont know if it in my head but ive ben taking this http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001G7QHN0/ref=oss_product i hope the link works

That stuff is great, but sadly i wont be able to see how great it is cuz i cant get past 1 day b4 i have sex!!

I know its not a cure and once i run out of that stuff i might go back to POIS town but hey it was one hell of a month.....I dont knwo wahts in that stuff but its making me feel like a man again.

Wait, please explain this. Please find out what is in the stuff. It should be somewhere on the package/label.

Also, what happens when you take it? Do you always get an erection? Or can you just take it to cure pois?

More info Please! :)

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7316 on: 12/04/2010 20:16:56 »

Libido Max Capsules

(Ironyman's post and RhythmSpring's reply above)

Anyone:

By coincidence, one of the key manufacturers' headquarters are 5 minutes away from me.

Should I go there and check them out?

Detective Demo
« Last Edit: 12/04/2010 23:22:16 by demografx »

Offline Ironyman

• First timers
    • View Profile
« Reply #7317 on: 12/04/2010 21:11:21 »

Ive ben haveing sex for the past 10 days every day twice a day!!! Its a cuddling  miracle people.....

---------------------

I can enjoy sex now!!!

The only complains i have is that i have a sore penis now..i dont know if it in my head but ive ben taking this newbielink:http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001G7QHN0/ref=oss_product [nonactive] i hope the link works

Wait, please explain this. Please find out what is in the stuff. It should be somewhere on the package/label.

Also, what happens when you take it? Do you always get an erection? Or can you just take it to cure pois?

More info Please! :)

Well, it puts me in the mood and it makes me forget that i have pois, well i never had problems with erections actualy wile in POIS mode i had erections, sometimes all the time but the problem was that if i had sex or masterbate i would get physicaly sick and mentaly drained.

But with the new stuff that im takeing it kinda lowers the effects of POIS and it boosts my sex dive and i actualy enjoy sex now.

Dont get me wrong, its not a cure...but it sure feels like it!!! im still kinda skeptical tho, i need to buy it again but this time do the hole month with out haveing sex/masterbation and see how it makes me feel...i encourage others to try it to and see if it works for yall.

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7318 on: 12/04/2010 23:26:02 »

Ironyman, this is my Scientific Reply to Libido Max Capsules' POIS Prognosis.

Best wishes for continued success!!!

Offline Dean93

• View Profile
« Reply #7319 on: 13/04/2010 17:41:21 »

---------------------

I can enjoy sex now!!!

The only complains i have is that i have a sore penis now..i dont know if it in my head but ive ben taking this http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001G7QHN0/ref=oss_product i hope the link works

That sounds great Ironyman, let us know how things go

Libido Max Ingredients here:

http://www.appliednutrition.com/product.asp?prod_id=1245
« Last Edit: 13/04/2010 21:45:54 by Dean93 »

Offline GoingCrazy

• View Profile
« Reply #7320 on: 14/04/2010 03:20:17 »
First Orgasm today (10 minutes ago) = totally relaxed and normal, unlike the 'crazy' feeling i usually get during POIS

Offline daveman

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7321 on: 14/04/2010 04:22:07 »
First Orgasm today (10 minutes ago) = totally relaxed and normal, unlike the 'crazy' feeling i usually get during POIS

Strawberry fields forever! I hope.

Offline demografx

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7322 on: 14/04/2010 05:56:27 »

Thanks, Dean! Personally, I'm glad to see the Usage Warnings above. They confirm what my nephrologist (a member of my cardiac surgery team) just recently advised me about avoiding all supplements (for me) because of the unknowns in effects, ingredients, and interactions. For example, Libido-Max, as stated above, "may affect blood pressure and/or heart conditions. Check with your doctor...if you have heart disease, high blood pressure or other medical conditions."

As some of you know, I recently had open heart surgery, and I have been on medications for many years for high blood pressure and cholesterol, so I need to be very careful.

And if you're taking prescription medications, it's very difficult, if not impossible, for a pharmacist or a physician to know how some (not all) supplements interact with other medications, and/or other supplements that you're taking.

I'm not trying to discourage this product or any other supplement for others, I'm simply recommending caution and further study before you put something in your system that's not well researched. Here's one source that's very good for researching supplements and alternative therapies:
http://www.pdrhealth.com/drugs/altmed/altmed-a-z.aspx
« Last Edit: 14/04/2010 06:38:36 by demografx »

Offline martin88

• View Profile
« Reply #7323 on: 14/04/2010 14:08:27 »
Taking a lot of fruits or vegetables, it seems there's too much pesticides specially for strawberries. Please see this link :
http://www.foodnews.org/fulllist.php

However, as far as I remember I always felt a positive effect when eating strawberries. I didn't test this immediately after orgasm for POIS, but most of the time I still have residual POIS effects, my POIS is long to go away completely. As I said before I'm also well with watermelon (eaten with seeds).

About blueberries, it's for sure a very good food with lot of antioxydant activity. Just one thing to check is antithiamine factors (same for beets, coffee, tea, red cabbage, blackcurrant...) I'm very intolerant (I feel depressed, OCD, fatigue) to refined cereals which contain a lot less thiamine (and others) than unrefined. Sometimes when I want to avoid NEs I eat refined cereals and it works, with side effects.

John, since you said garlic can kill bacteria (H pylori) I'm wondering if it can kill good bacterias as well.. I think it's good to take some breaks for all foods.
« Last Edit: 14/04/2010 14:13:02 by martin88 »

Offline daveman

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7324 on: 14/04/2010 16:38:46 »
I'm very intolerant (I feel depressed, OCD, fatigue) to refined cereals which contain a lot less thiamine (and others) than unrefined. Sometimes when I want to avoid NEs I eat refined cereals and it works, with side effects.

What happens with boxed breakfast type cereals? Those have tons of additives, including the good, thiamine and the bad, sugars, preservatives etc. Do you avoid those cereals?

Also, how do vitamin complexes and or combinations work for you? For instance could you not eat regular refined cereals and take vitamin supplements to boost the lack?

It's funny, everytime I make notes about foods it seems I am trying to promote pill popping over just eating the natural foods. But on the other hand, one capsule, if well selected, can have the effect of overeating many natural foods with the same or similar ingredients.

Because we have an ailment which is caused by an unatural balance, perhaps it's a little like Demo says, that he finds it is better to be on the high side with his testosterone.

For that reason it seems more reasonable to me that it would be better to take a capsule that has a more concentrated level of someting that helps.

Obviously, we still need to avoid foods that have antagonistic properties. And in this case it seems that it is more natural to stick to natural lesser processed foods. (with selected additives of our own choosing)

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #7324 on: 14/04/2010 16:38:46 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums