The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: TheBox on black holes  (Read 16164 times)

Offline Thebox

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Re: TheBox on black holes
« Reply #300 on: 28/03/2016 18:01:46 »

I'm not suggesting science is wrong, that's for sure. The science is right.

It's all the people here talking about it that are wrong, especially you.

I like how you add the ''especially you'' part, trying to in some way personally attack me and specify a significance in my direction, quite hilarious, you claim you want to discuss science and are the all knowing ''eye'', so bless me please with your ability, tell me how we can measure time?

Anything after 0 is instantaneous history, in ''ten minutes'' time it will still be 0, so please tell us oh wise one?

p.s You are clearly a professional troll, but I could out troll you any day of the week, go find some forum that gives a ..........

Keep up the good work , one day you may move on become a crackpot like me,instead of a troll,  then eventually you might move on and become normal...  YOU are stuck in the first stage of your delusions of grandeur. YOU are  becoming irate because you are in a narcissi relationship and need to escape reality by trying to control who you talk to in the virtual world.

Get well soon.
« Last Edit: 28/03/2016 18:10:49 by Thebox »

Offline Craig W. Thomson

• View Profile
« Reply #301 on: 29/03/2016 14:26:44 »

I like how you add the ''especially you'' part, trying to in some way personally attack me and specify a significance in my direction, quite hilarious, you claim you want to discuss science and are the all knowing ''eye'', so bless me please with your ability, tell me how we can measure time?

p.s You are clearly a professional troll, but I could out troll you any day of the week, go find some forum that gives a ..........

Keep up the good work , one day you may move on become a crackpot like me,instead of a troll,  then eventually you might move on and become normal...  YOU are stuck in the first stage of your delusions of grandeur. YOU are  becoming irate because you are in a narcissi relationship and need to escape reality by trying to control who you talk to in the virtual world.

Get well soon.
Piss poor diagnosis, doctor. I am a professional artist and a science hobbyist that stands up for himself when literally 100% of you jokers
tell me I am wrong no matter what I say.

And yes, that's irritating.

Offline Craig W. Thomson

• View Profile
« Reply #302 on: 29/03/2016 14:33:09 »
I didn't start the BS. You did.
False. I just showed up recently. You've been pulling this crap for at least a few thousand comments.

The only black hole in this thread is the apparent gap in scientific knowledge between your ears.

Offline Thebox

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: 29/03/2016 14:58:23 »

Piss poor diagnosis, doctor.

Then contradictory:

I am a professional artist and a science hobbyist that stands up for himself

Science is your hobby, so obviously you do not know everything about science, you are presently attempting to learn calculus, yet you think in some way you have any sort of authority to tell any one they are wrong?

How can you say you do not have issues with your mental health  when you are not an expert but are trying proclaim to be?

when literally 100% of you jokers
tell me I am wrong no matter what I say.

Tell you , you are wrong on what exactly?

What exactly are you claiming is your own work?  don't you mean some people do not agree with some present theories , so when you defend this as if a religion they tell you to shut up and don't listen to you because of that reason of sounding like a preacher?

Do you not think other people have access to Wiki?

Accept you are ill my friend and you will soon get better, I did.

Here is some links to help you understand your illness.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning%E2%80%93Kruger_effect

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grandiose_delusions

http://www.mind.org.uk/information-support/a-z-mental-health/

Offline Craig W. Thomson

• View Profile
« Reply #304 on: 29/03/2016 15:50:41 »
Science is your hobby, so obviously you do not know everything about science, you are presently attempting to learn calculus, yet you think in some way you have any sort of authority to tell any one they are wrong?

How can you say you do not have issues with your mental health  when you are not an expert but are trying proclaim to be?

Tell you , you are wrong on what exactly?

What exactly are you claiming is your own work?  don't you mean some people do not agree with some present theories , so when you defend this as if a religion they tell you to shut up and don't listen to you because of that reason of sounding like a preacher?

Do you not think other people have access to Wiki?

Accept you are ill my friend and you will soon get better, I did.

Here is some links to help you understand your illness.
That's weird, the mental illness thing. People at physforum.com were fond of calling me schizophrenic for some reason. I don't have mental illness. I am a reasonably well adjusted human, I have had the same job for almost 9 years straight, I've lived at the same address for almost as long, my last relationship lasted almost 4 1/2 years, I made it all the way through an accredited university degree program, I have managed three businesses, owned two others, and I donate money to buy disadvantaged kids art supplies. None of this is indicative of a person who is mentally unstable.

I don't know how to be any more plain than this. Last time I checked, I had a 155 IQ. Last time I checked, I got good grades in science in college. Last time I checked, I tutored Algebra briefly in college. Last time I checked, I did all these things as Craig W. Thomson, and it can all be verified, "TheBox."

So, when I learn stuff correctly, and graduate with honors, then come to a forum, and some anonymous guy tells me I don't understand physics or math, that I am ignorant and hard-headed for not listening when he's contradicting what I already learned from someone who was actually qualified to teach me, that gets on my nerves. I'm not an authority on everything, but I AM an authority on the bits I have actually learned.

You want a specific example? Let's start here. You came to physforum.com specifically to troll waitedavid137 with pmb (that sounds like professional trolling to me, hypocrite), so I'm pretty sure you remember him. Waite says there is no such thing as centrifugal force. That contradicts what one of my Stellar Physics professor in college said, and he worked for NASA for almost three decades. I agree with him, and with Peter Fong, who has a doctorate, and wrote this excerpt from a college textbook for quantum mechanics students:

Okay, that's annoying, Flickr is a "blacklisted" term, I can't post the link because of a forum robot. I can't change my Flickr profile because I got locked out by more "smart" technology, ugh. Sorry, all I can do is ask you to do a Google key word search for " craig w thomson flickr ", click on the result "Craig Thomson | Flickr - Photo Sharing!". When you get to my photostream, near the top, one of the last things I posted before they changed hands and I got locked out were two pages from a textbook with a lot of equations on it with the words "Central Force Problems" at the top of the page. Be so kind as to take a look at those two pages.

Do you agree with Fong, or with waitedavid? I have a Bachelor of Arts. Waite is a Master of Physics. Fong has a PhD. I know enough to trust Fong, or even a retired NASA guy from the 60's, over some crackpot in a public forum.

Do you even know what those pages are saying?

If you do, you have room to talk.

If you don't, you're the one who needs help, and like almost everyone else in forums like these, you could show a little bit more respect for my scholarship. I'm not your typical forum pretender. I actually have some scholarship.

Yes, you post a lot of nonsense. I know you have been told that by far more people than just me.
« Last Edit: 29/03/2016 16:01:14 by Craig W. Thomson »

Offline Thebox

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: 29/03/2016 16:09:41 »

That's weird, the mental illness thing. People at physforum.com were fond of calling me schizophrenic for some reason. I don't have mental illness. I am a reasonably well adjusted human, I have had the same job for almost 9 years straight, I've lived at the same address for almost as long, my last relationship lasted almost 4 1/2 years, I made it all the way through an accredited university degree program, I have managed three businesses, owned two others, and I donate money to buy disadvantaged kids art supplies. None of this is indicative of a person who is mentally unstable.

I don't know how to be any more plain than this. Last time I checked, I had a 155 IQ. Last time I checked, I got good grades in science in college. Last time I checked, I tutored Algebra briefly in college. Last time I checked, I did all these things as Craig W. Thomson, and it can all be verified, "TheBox."

So, when I learn stuff correctly, and graduate with honors, then come to a forum, and some anonymous guy tells me I don't understand physics or math, that I am ignorant and hard-headed for not listening when he's contradicting what I already learned from someone who was actually qualified to teach me, that gets on my nerves. I'm not an authority on everything, but I AM an authority on the bits I have actually learned.

You want a specific example? Let's start here. You came to physforum.com specifically to troll waitedavid137 with pmb (that sounds like professional trolling to me, hypocrite), so I'm pretty sure you remember him. Waite says there is no such thing as centrifugal force. That contradicts what one of my Stellar Physics professor in college said, and he worked for NASA for almost three decades. I agree with him, and with Peter Fong, who has a doctorate, and wrote this excerpt from a college textbook for quantum mechanics students:

Okay, that's annoying, Flickr is a "blacklisted" term, I can't post the link because of a forum robot. I can't change my Flickr profile because I got locked out by more "smart" technology, ugh. Sorry, all I can do is ask you to do a Google key word search for "craig w thomson flickr". When you get to my photostream, one of the last things I posted before they changed hands and I got locked out were two pages from a textbook with a lot of equations on it with the words "Central Force Problems" at the top of the page. Be so kind as to take a look at those two pages.

Do you agree with Fong, or with waitedavid? I have a Bachelor of Arts. Waite is a Master of Physics. Fong has a PhD. I know enough to trust Fong, or even a retired NASA guy from the 60's, over some crackpot in a public forum.

Do you even know what those pages are saying?

If you do, you have room to talk.

If you don't, you're the one who needs help, and like almost everyone else in forums like these, you could show a little bit more respect for my scholarship. I'm not your typical forum pretender. I actually have some scholarship.

Yes, you post a lot of nonsense. I know you have been told that by far more people than just me.

I am not questioning whether you are smart or not, there is no need to defend yourself, if you  say you have this , that and the other, I believe you.   However you have problems about trust and it is obvious to anyone your 4 and half year relationship that ended has affected your life in some way unknowing to you perhaps on the sub conscious level.  You would have not mentioned it otherwise revealing your personal life.

There is all sort of mental illness, some so mild they would not be called a mental illness but they still affect the mind and thinking.   

I think you just need a good friend, a good talk and  a laugh.   

So centrifugal force, it cant be measured but it exists according to Wiki, people may have opinions it does not exist and is not actually a force, but I consider even gas expansion is centrifugal , gas contraction is centripetal,

p.s dont be so uptight and you will get on , on this forum fine , they are quite a cool forum to be honest and do let us get on with it in new theories.  Ignore the haters and watch a film called cyber bully, you  have the choice to close the  lid on the laptop.

Offline Craig W. Thomson

• View Profile
« Reply #306 on: 29/03/2016 16:41:20 »
However you have problems about trust and it is obvious to anyone your 4 and half year relationship that ended has affected your life in some way unknowing to you perhaps on the sub conscious level.  You would have not mentioned it otherwise revealing your personal life.

There is all sort of mental illness, some so mild they would not be called a mental illness but they still affect the mind and thinking.   

So centrifugal force, it cant be measured but it exists according to Wiki, people may have opinions it does not exist and is not actually a force, but I consider even gas expansion is centrifugal , gas contraction is centripetal,

p.s dont be so uptight and you will get on , on this forum fine , they are quite a cool forum to be honest and do let us get on with it in new theories.  Ignore the haters and watch a film called cyber bully, you  have the choice to close the  lid on the laptop.
My trust issues go way farther back than that, and are way deeper than the wounds inflicted by any adult relationship I've had. All those have done is reinforce my trust issues. Yes, I DO need a good friend, a laugh and a talk. I'm pretty hard on people. I let bad apples spoil the bunch, that's my problem. I have a stereotype: people are pretty crappy in general, they lie about what they've done, what they can do, what they will do, and just when you think you can trust somebody, they do something to betray it. So, I generally keep to myself and try to stay out of everybody's way.

That's about as close to a mental illness as I get. One thing I've discovered as I've gotten older is that there is no such thing as a 100% sane person anyway. Everybody labors with some kind of dysfunction, even reasonably well-adjusted people. Anyone who claims to be sane is only partially correct in my estimation.

Getting back to science, you've already done again what I said you do. Expanding gas has nothing to do with centrifugal force. If you open a bottle full of pressurized gas, it expands whether or not the bottle is rotating. To suggest otherwise is nonsense.

Centrifugal force, as explained by my Stellar Physics professor, and which makes sense to me, is sort of a manifestation of Newton's idea that for every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction. In this case, when you accelerate something toward a center (centripetal force), you are going to get an equal and opposite reaction to that (centrifugal force). You can't have one without the other. These two "opposing" forces are a bit like yin and yang (that's my analogy, not the professor's) because they are like two faces of the same coin. To me, this an example of gauge symmetry, like the positive/negative symmetry of an electromagnetic field.

If you push something, you get a reaction, so if you spin something, there should be a reaction to that as well. Basically, waitedavid says that's not true because he has an equation where he imagined that he was the only thing in the universe not in motion, and used that frame of reference for his observations. That's more Ptolemaic than Ptolemy's point of view. Using a fictitious frame of reference doesn't turn a real force into a fictitious one, whether or not some guy on the internet has a Master of Physics degree and a bunch of videos full of still equations with no operations being performed on them.

And I'm not "uptight." I smoke weed. I hug trees. I am an artist by profession, and I play guitar like Eddie Van Halen for a hobby. I came to a physics forum armed with a college degree seeking friendly conversation and a learning experience, and got told by about a bazillion people that I am stupid and ignorant. What you are seeing is merely a reaction to that action. Me in this forum doesn't tell the whole story. You've heard the expression "don't judge a book by its cover," right? How about, "don't jump to conclusions"?

Or the "scientific method"? LOL
« Last Edit: 29/03/2016 17:16:34 by Craig W. Thomson »

Offline Thebox

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: 29/03/2016 18:48:49 »
However you have problems about trust and it is obvious to anyone your 4 and half year relationship that ended has affected your life in some way unknowing to you perhaps on the sub conscious level.  You would have not mentioned it otherwise revealing your personal life.

My trust issues go way farther back than that, and are way deeper than the wounds inflicted by any adult relationship I've had. All those have done is reinforce my trust issues. Yes, I DO need a good friend, a laugh and a talk. I'm pretty hard on people. I let bad apples spoil the bunch, that's my problem. I have a stereotype: people are pretty crappy in general, they lie about what they've done, what they can do, what they will do, and just when you think you can trust somebody, they do something to betray it. So, I generally keep to myself and try to stay out of everybody's way.

That's about as close to a mental illness as I get. One thing I've discovered as I've gotten older is that there is no such thing as a 100% sane person anyway. Everybody labors with some kind of dysfunction, even reasonably well-adjusted people. Anyone who claims to be sane is only partially correct in my estimation.

Getting back to science, you've already done again what I said you do. Expanding gas has nothing to do with centrifugal force. If you open a bottle full of pressurized gas, it expands whether or not the bottle is rotating. To suggest otherwise is nonsense.

Centrifugal force, as explained by my Stellar Physics professor, and which makes sense to me, is sort of a manifestation of Newton's idea that for every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction. In this case, when you accelerate something toward a center (centripetal force), you are going to get an equal and opposite reaction to that (centrifugal force). You can't have one without the other. These two "opposing" forces are a bit like yin and yang (that's my analogy, not the professor's) because they are like two faces of the same coin. To me, this an example of gauge symmetry, like the positive/negative symmetry of an electromagnetic field.

If you push something, you get a reaction, so if you spin something, there should be a reaction to that as well. Basically, waitedavid says that's not true because he has an equation where he imagined that he was the only thing in the universe not in motion, and used that frame of reference for his observations. That's more Ptolemaic than Ptolemy's point of view. Using a fictitious frame of reference doesn't turn a real force into a fictitious one, whether or not some guy on the internet has a Master of Physics degree and a bunch of videos full of still equations with no operations being performed on them.

And I'm not "uptight." I smoke weed. I hug trees. I am an artist by profession, and I play guitar like Eddie Van Halen for a hobby. I came to a physics forum armed with a college degree seeking friendly conversation and a learning experience, and got told by about a bazillion people that I am stupid and ignorant. What you are seeing is merely a reaction to that action. Me in this forum doesn't tell the whole story. You've heard the expression "don't judge a book by its cover," right? How about, "don't jump to conclusions"?

Or the "scientific method"? LOL

Well you certainly are honest,  we are lucky in life if we can count our true friends with five fingers, most friends are really only acquaintances .   You consider you  have had a hard time on science forums, you want try being me and trying to have new ideas.   

You instantly dismissed me when I said about gases, why?    did you not realise  the relationship and comparison to directive force and the force being outwards?  i.e ''centrifugal''

You even explained it yourself as ''in and out''.   

Now if you like the idea of a centrifugal force, how would you suggest we measure it? 

I would suggest there is rather a centrifugal flow and a centripetal flow like a Maelstrom. (maybe)

Maybe the spin one way creates a positive expanding field and the opposite spin creates a negative contracting field. 

Offline Craig W. Thomson

• View Profile
« Reply #308 on: 30/03/2016 15:58:26 »
You consider you  have had a hard time on science forums, you want try being me and trying to have new ideas.   
Hilarious. I can't even have a discussion about anthropogenic climate change without being told I'm wrong about pretty much everything I say, and that's something I've gone out of my way to study and understand correctly. I'm probably as close to being an "expert" on that subject as anyone after almost 30 years, dozens of books and a handful of college science credits.

The only "new ideas" I am interested in are ones that simplify what I already know. Some Relativity and QM processes seem pretty confusing, but I think we have pretty much all the information we need to understand these processes and how they work, if we can only come up with better, more accurate models that fit all the facts. I think QM and Relativity can be unified, we just need the right particle models and such. That's what I'm looking for. Not new theories, not new explanations, just new models that fit our present knowledge and clarify what we already know.

I like that you use your brain and think outside the box. That's good. But I don't agree with you. I think you are TOO original in your way of thinking, and deviate from true science.
« Last Edit: 30/03/2016 16:05:02 by Craig W. Thomson »

Offline Thebox

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: 30/03/2016 17:25:50 »
You consider you  have had a hard time on science forums, you want try being me and trying to have new ideas.   
Hilarious. I can't even have a discussion about anthropogenic climate change without being told I'm wrong about pretty much everything I say, and that's something I've gone out of my way to study and understand correctly. I'm probably as close to being an "expert" on that subject as anyone after almost 30 years, dozens of books and a handful of college science credits.

The only "new ideas" I am interested in are ones that simplify what I already know. Some Relativity and QM processes seem pretty confusing, but I think we have pretty much all the information we need to understand these processes and how they work, if we can only come up with better, more accurate models that fit all the facts. I think QM and Relativity can be unified, we just need the right particle models and such. That's what I'm looking for. Not new theories, not new explanations, just new models that fit our present knowledge and clarify what we already know.

I like that you use your brain and think outside the box. That's good. But I don't agree with you. I think you are TOO original in your way of thinking, and deviate from true science.

I don't deviate from present knowledge, I expand this knowledge to what it is telling us.   In my singularity theory I use the inverse square law, how is that not using present knowledge exactly?

In my idea of negative is attracted to negative , I use the present model to define this model and the facts we know about like positive charges repel each other. If you took an handful of positive in one hand and an handful of positive in your other hand, you could not possibly squeeze the two together.

A quark not possibly adjoin a quark if they was positive. They will discover in time that only a single particle exists, and this particle is negative that absorbs light and then emits light .  Not an attached electron an emitted photon electrical field.

« Last Edit: 30/03/2016 17:31:09 by Thebox »

Offline IAMREALITY

• View Profile
« Reply #310 on: 16/06/2016 16:53:28 »
I didn't start the BS. You did.
False. I just showed up recently. You've been pulling this crap for at least a few thousand comments.

The only black hole in this thread is the apparent gap in scientific knowledge between your ears.

I laughed out loud with that!  I couldn't agree with you more...  I'm astounded by just how warped, distorted and flat out wrong some's perception here have been, and to see how strongly they believe in their nonsense... just... wow...

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #310 on: 16/06/2016 16:53:28 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums

Login
Login with username, password and session length