The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: could black holes be an observer illusion?  (Read 438 times)

Offline the5thforce

• View Profile
could black holes be an observer illusion?
« on: 21/02/2016 13:01:41 »
this is probably not the case, but is it possible black holes warp spacetime so rapidly that they only actually exist very briefly? perhaps an observer could never actually get closer to a black hole without changing its state to the point that it would evaporate upon arrival, or as you attempt to go towards it you somehow pass around it each time until it did fully evaporate

if scientists believe the universe expanded much faster than light during the big bang, perhaps black holes experience the reverse in that at some point they begin to evaporate much faster than light

Offline Thebox

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Re: could black holes be an observer illusion?
« Reply #1 on: 21/02/2016 16:06:01 »
this is probably not the case, but is it possible black holes warp spacetime so rapidly that they only actually exist very briefly? perhaps an observer could never actually get closer to a black hole without changing its state to the point that it would evaporate upon arrival, or as you attempt to go towards it you somehow pass around it each time until it did fully evaporate

if scientists believe the universe expanded much faster than light during the big bang, perhaps black holes experience the reverse in that at some point they begin to evaporate much faster than light

Well, I do not think science has yet directly observed a black hole like a black sphere., they have some evidence of observation of the affect of black holes, I viewed a photo once of some light being affected in the ''middle of nowhere''. I personally though see a black hole to be plausible, if you can imagine light filling a void, then somehow a point in the light filled void was to become a void again , then in some way expand, I could imagine a void within the lit space.

The Naked Scientists Forum

Re: could black holes be an observer illusion?
« Reply #1 on: 21/02/2016 16:06:01 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums