The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Why has the physics forum got sexier topics than the chemistry forum?  (Read 30839 times)

Offline Damo the Optics Monkey

• Spectroradiometry rulz!
    • View Profile
I always drove the Head of Math mad with the statement:

Physics gives us an excuse to have Math

Offline Democritus

• View Profile
Prime your search engine with "Rutherford physics stamp collecting" and watch the feathers fly!

Offline Chemistry4me

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Eh?

Offline Democritus

• View Profile
Quote Details: Ernest Rutherford: All science is either... - The ...All science is either physics or stamp collecting. Ernest Rutherford, in J. B. Birks "Rutherford at Manchester" (1962) British chemist & physicist (1871 ...
www.quotationspage.com/quote/26219.html [nofollow] - 9k - Cached - Similar pages
Ernest Rutherford Quotes - The Quotations PageAll science is either physics or stamp collecting. [info] · [add] · [mail]. Ernest Rutherford, in J. B. Birks "Rutherford at Manchester" (1962) ...
www.quotationspage.com/quotes/Ernest_Rutherford/ [nofollow] - 10k - Cached - Similar pages
E. Rutherford quotesE. Rutherford All science is either physics or stamp collecting. ... E. Rutherford quotes. I Like this quote I dislike this quote ...
thinkexist.com/quotation/all_science_is_either_physics_or_stamp_collecting/204295.html - 22k - Cached - Similar pages
Stamp collecting and science Text - Physics Forums Library2 posts
I am sure you know about the Ernest Rutherford quote "All science is either physics or stamp collecting", which was mentioned in a response to one of my ...
www.physicsforums.com/archive/index.php/t-152517.html [nofollow] - 6k - Cached - Similar pages
Ernest Rutherford - Wikiquote10 Feb 2009 ... All science is either physics or stamp collecting. Ernest Rutherford, 1st Baron Rutherford of Nelson, OM PC FRS (30 August 1871 – 19 October ...
en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Ernest_Rutherford - 27k - Cached - Similar pages
A Science Odyssey: People and Discoveries: Ernest RutherfordErnest Rutherford's family emigrated from England to New Zealand before he was ... "All science is either physics or stamp collecting." Related Features ...
www.pbs.org/wgbh/aso/databank/entries/bpruth.html [nofollow] - 11k - Cached - Similar pages
[PDF] "All science is either physics or stamp collecting”. - Ernest ...File Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat - View as HTML
"All science is either physics or stamp collecting”. - Ernest Rutherford. THE WEPS NEWSLETTER. West Essex Philatelic Society, Inc…Established 1930 ...
wepsonline.org/200801newsletter.pdf - Similar pages
Uncertain Principles: Dorky Poll: Physics or Stamp Collecting?18 Jan 2008 ... I prefer physics to stamp collecting, but if I had to choose between Rutherford's physics and Rutherford's "stamp collecting", ...
scienceblogs.com/principles/2008/01/dorky_poll_physics_or_stamp_co.php - 81k - Cached - Similar pages

Just a few :)

Offline Chemistry4me

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Why do I need more Rutherford stamps?
I've got enough of Rutherford at my house already! ;)

Offline Chemistry4me

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Haven't you ever seen a $100 NZ note? :D

Offline Democritus

• View Profile
Yep, have seen the NZ$100 note. It's worth about two flat rocks hereabouts. Little wonder Earnest left for sterling, and appears notably earnest. ;)

Offline Chemistry4me

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Enough of that!

Offline Democritus

• View Profile
I agree :)
But before I go here's a little something connecting your Rutherford with my Oliphant. (Not my own work.)

"Australian physicist Mark Oliphant worked with Ernest Rutherford, in their co-discovery of new forms of hydrogen (deuterium and tritium) and helium (helion, the stable helium-3 nucleus). He oversaw the development of the cavity magnetron, worked on the team that developed microwave radar, then was assigned to the Manhattan Project that developed the atomic bomb. He later became an outspoken activist against militarization of the atom, spoke out against the Vietnam war, and publicly supported American nuclear scientist Robert Oppenheimer when he was savaged by McCarthyism. Oliphant was on the founding faculty of Australian National University, the first President of the Australian Academy of Science, and served five years as the Governor of the state of South Australia."

Perhaps there's a little chemistry there. By the way if Oliphant should ever feature on the Oz $100 note it would be worth a lot more than two flat rocks...possibly as much as five!

Cya
Been fun and interesting ;)

ScientificBoysClub

cos physics is more sexy than other subjects hahhaha ....

and all most some of awesome sexy questions posted by me SBC and other cool ppl

- ScientificBoysClub

Offline Chemistry4me

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Sheesh! ::)

Offline Chemistry4me

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Do you EVER SEARCH the forum before posting new topics?!?!

The Naked Scientists Forum

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums