The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Designer Babies!  (Read 2439 times)

paul.fr

Designer Babies!
« on: 23/02/2007 07:53:49 »
OK, a single, attractive and well educated woman selects a similar male to donate his sperm. Is artificially inseminated and goes on to give birth to a child.

Does this give any "guarantee" that she will have the attractive, intelligent child she wanted?

Offline Karen W.

• Naked Science Forum GOD!
  • "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Designer Babies!
« Reply #1 on: 01/03/2007 08:43:07 »
I think there are no gaurantees, But I have never seen an unattractive person. Frankly beauty is in the eye of the beholder.Intelligence now that just depends on what you mean? Humans are intelligent, but as to booksmart I guess that depends on societies roll in education as well as parents ability to teach said child in a manner to peak his interest to want to learn and question the world around him or herself! I think their are many factors to the question and many if's and and's!

Offline Karen W.

• Naked Science Forum GOD!
  • "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Designer Babies!
« Reply #2 on: 01/03/2007 08:48:13 »
OK, a single, attractive and well educated woman selects a similar male to donate his sperm. Is artificially inseminated and goes on to give birth to a child.

Does this give any "guarantee" that she will have the attractive, intelligent child she wanted?

I wonder if that is why she really picked the Donner in the first place..??? It did not state those were her reasons for picking the father. LOL I am being facetious.. sorry! LOL

The Naked Scientists Forum

Designer Babies!
« Reply #2 on: 01/03/2007 08:48:13 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums

Login
Login with username, password and session length