The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: "self-driving-cars-must-be-programmed-to-kill"  (Read 701 times)

Offline RD

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
"self-driving-cars-must-be-programmed-to-kill"
« on: 14/03/2016 12:57:36 »
Quote from: technologyreview.com
How should the [self-driving] car be programmed to act in the event of an unavoidable accident? Should it minimize the loss of life, even if it means sacrificing the occupants, or should it protect the occupants at all costs?
https://www.technologyreview.com/s/542626/why-self-driving-cars-must-be-programmed-to-kill/
« Last Edit: 14/03/2016 13:01:14 by RD »

Offline Jolly

• View Profile
Re: "self-driving-cars-must-be-programmed-to-kill"
« Reply #1 on: 14/03/2016 16:34:22 »
Quote from: technologyreview.com
How should the [self-driving] car be programmed to act in the event of an unavoidable accident? Should it minimize the loss of life, even if it means sacrificing the occupants, or should it protect the occupants at all costs?
https://www.technologyreview.com/s/542626/why-self-driving-cars-must-be-programmed-to-kill/

Just do the mobs work for them why dont you.

"Angry mob comming with bats" "Yes please crash me"

"No your honor me and mi fifteen friends had no idea that there was a car comming, we were just having a quiet night out drinking near the bridge, again"

"You have failed the value to society compasion test, air bags might infalt on impact"

"Do you want to buy the prime service package, or wait another 6 hours in traffic?"

"Do you want to buy the prime service package or wait another 5 hour 50 minutes in traffic?"

"Fire wall breach..... the first rule of fight club is you don't talk about fight club"

"I had to kill Bob Morton coz he made a mistake, now its time to erase that mistake"

"NO! I do not want to join the rally!" "thankyou for choosing to Join the rally"

« Last Edit: 14/03/2016 17:24:12 by Jolly »

Offline Jolly

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 19/03/2016 01:45:22 »
 DOC, DOC....

"Here you go, you just need to take these pills for the rest of your life".

"Are there any side-effects to this medication Doctor?"

"No, No side-effects, it's really new stuff you know, oh wait, wait, there is one side-effect"

"Oh, what's that?"

"Nothing really, you'll just become an idiot (short uncomfortable silence) do you have sat nav?"

"No"

"Welll, I suppose it doesn't matter, in a few days you're unlikely to even remember your post code. OK here's your prescription and I'll see you when I see you"

"OH OK"

"Don't forget to shut the door on your way out, I know you won't, ok bye"
-----------

All makes sense, auto matic cars. Ofcourse

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #2 on: 19/03/2016 01:45:22 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums

Login
Login with username, password and session length