The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Box singularity and is the range of electromagentic radiation limited?  (Read 550 times)

Offline Thebox

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
  Given this the only wavelengths of interest must have finite dimensions.

Are you saying that unless light is interacting with matter, that there is no dimension to light and the light propagating through space is a singularity like I have suggested?

added - I know you like maths

L=X

X=Y

X=Z

+ve=c

-ve=c

t net difference = 0

0=causality.

« Last Edit: 19/03/2016 21:58:01 by Colin2B »

Offline jeffreyH

• Global Moderator
  • Neilep Level Member
  • The graviton sucks
    • View Profile
  Given this the only wavelengths of interest must have finite dimensions.

Are you saying that unless light is interacting with matter, that there is no dimension to light and the light propagating through space is a singularity like I have suggested?

added - I know you like maths

L=X

X=Y

X=Z

+ve=c

-ve=c

t net difference = 0

0=causality.

I have no idea how you inferred that from what I said. What makes you think that light is a singularity? Is it simply the fact that it has no mass? I really want to know and in plain English please.

Offline Thebox

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile

I have no idea how you inferred that from what I said. What makes you think that light is a singularity? Is it simply the fact that it has no mass? I really want to know and in plain English please.

Because the light propagating through space has no ''width'' in either direction of vision until it hits something. If an object moves away from you the area relatively contracts to a 0 point and no dimension, it becomes a singularity with no ''width'' visually in any direction.

Imagine you and I looking at a double sided projector screen, one either side, the screen represents the inverse square law. We walk backwards keeping our vision on the screen, the screen gets smaller and smaller the greater the radius we move away. eventually the screen has no X,y dimension, a total collapse to a zero point .

Ok?

Offline evan_au

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Quote from: TheBox
the area relatively contracts to a 0 point and no dimension, it becomes a singularity with no ''width'' visually in any direction
Here is another instance where you take something which is a mundane, quite comprehensible and finite zero, and call it a singularity.

This use of "singularity" to mean "zero" is singularly unhelpful to your readers or your cause.

Please, Mr Box, if you mean "zero", say "zero". If you mean "infinity", say "infinity". Don't say "singularity", at all.

Because when you say "singularity", we can't tell if you mean zero or infinity (which are opposites).

Offline Thebox

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Quote from: TheBox
the area relatively contracts to a 0 point and no dimension, it becomes a singularity with no ''width'' visually in any direction
Here is another instance where you take something which is a mundane, quite comprehensible and finite zero, and call it a singularity.

This use of "singularity" to mean "zero" is singularly unhelpful to your readers or your cause.

Please, Mr Box, if you mean "zero", say "zero". If you mean "infinity", say "infinity". Don't say "singularity", at all.

Because when you say "singularity", we can't tell if you mean zero or infinity (which are opposites).

Don't forget the singularity is n-dimensional zero

and also don't forget it is about light and gives us an accurate universal model.

n(r=1)(2r=4)(3r=8)(4r=16)(5r=32)(4r=16)(3r=8)(2r=4)(r=1)n

I am stating the frequency of light propagating through space is zero and has no dimensions, light only gains a frequency from its polymorphic zero state when interacting with mass creating 3 dimensional light that we observe of objects.

I am also stating that when an object relatively moves away from you, in connection with the Lorentz transformations, the area of the object visual contracts. An object close up to you that you can see in 3 dimensional form at distance ?   loses it visual xyz and becomes an xy 2 dimensional area relatively to sight.

The inverse square law by considering both observers perspective collapses to a zero dimension that is also a dimensional whole in the space where  there is no mass interaction to create 3 d light

Simple experiments show this to be true.

Courtesy of google

So why are you still pretending you don't know what I am talking about.

In the above picture and in reality if we were observing the scene, we are observing a relative quantum tunnel that collapses to a point of zero the greater the r.

« Last Edit: 20/03/2016 08:03:11 by Thebox »

The Naked Scientists Forum

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums