The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Aerodynamic modeling  (Read 1211 times)

Offline Tim the Plumber

• View Profile
Aerodynamic modeling
« on: 01/04/2016 08:47:09 »
Hi, I would like to find a simple modeling tool for aerodynamic modeling of a new wind turbine system idea I have.

I might need help to get it sorted.

I would also appreciate any help with gettint the product from my head to market! Plumber, not experienced product desinger and financier!

Offline Thebox

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
Re: Aerodynamic modeling
« Reply #1 on: 01/04/2016 10:48:51 »
Hi, I would like to find a simple modeling tool for aerodynamic modeling of a new wind turbine system idea I have.

I might need help to get it sorted.

I would also appreciate any help with gettint the product from my head to market! Plumber, not experienced product desinger and financier!

Without knowing your new wind turbine system design, it would be hard to put in the aerodynamics, however to put in aero dynamics, you only need you brain and a few arrows.

Offline alancalverd

• Global Moderator
  • Neilep Level Member
  • life is too short to drink instant coffee
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 01/04/2016 17:48:10 »
Always happy to look at a novel design - PM me with your nondisclosure agreement. If the sketch looks sane I can put you in touch with a prototype engineer who has a lot of experience in aerodynamic design. Then we can look at the economics.

Offline RD

• Neilep Level Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 01/04/2016 19:04:09 »
« Last Edit: 01/04/2016 19:23:24 by RD »

Offline Tim the Plumber

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 04/04/2016 17:09:52 »
Always happy to look at a novel design - PM me with your nondisclosure agreement. If the sketch looks sane I can put you in touch with a prototype engineer who has a lot of experience in aerodynamic design. Then we can look at the economics.

I have PMed you with my email address because I think it would be better to be able to attach the MDA to it. I think it has not got to you for some reason. It's probably better to make sure that you are a real person for purposes of the NDA being legal as well.

90% chance that it is a bad idea but on the off chance....

Offline alancalverd

• Global Moderator
  • Neilep Level Member
  • life is too short to drink instant coffee
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 04/04/2016 17:43:47 »
No PM received so far. Best if you choose the NDA - you can find free drafts online, and you can make it appropriate to your legislature. I'm generally happy with European, North American and Anzac NDAs but I might be a bit more careful reading anything binding me under some legal systems I can think of!

Offline Tim the Plumber

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 08/04/2016 20:16:47 »
No PM received so far. Best if you choose the NDA - you can find free drafts online, and you can make it appropriate to your legislature. I'm generally happy with European, North American and Anzac NDAs but I might be a bit more careful reading anything binding me under some legal systems I can think of!

Right! Since I cannot get the PM thingy to work I have set up a new email address so I can post it here.

I thought about sending you my normal one but thought people would shout at me for doing so in public.

its;  TimtoAlan at mail.com     the site is doing it's best to stop us talking and will not accept it as a proper email address!

I hope this works because you sound like either the best person to talk to about it or that you will know the best person personally!

Thanks

Tim.

Offline Tim the Plumber

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 10/04/2016 16:57:12 »
If anybody else who understands turbines can help please talk to me.

It will probably by a bad idea (90%) but then again it might just make us millionars.

The Naked Scientists Forum

« Reply #7 on: 10/04/2016 16:57:12 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums