The Naked Scientists

The Naked Scientists Forum

Author Topic: Remembering Names  (Read 4807 times)

paul.fr

Remembering Names
« on: 27/02/2007 03:22:55 »
Why is it that some people can not remember other peoples names? I for one have trouble with my two sisters, i do know their names but have trouble remembering which name belongs to which sister.

Offline Karen W.

• Naked Science Forum GOD!
  • "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Remembering Names
« Reply #1 on: 27/02/2007 05:41:12 »
ARE YOU SERIOUS???I have a hard time with names but I am better these days because of being a teacher and having to memorise all their names and the new ones and the class next door so aroune 55 kids I suspect in total! But I still have a hard time with the new kids.. LOLbut more with adults..

paul.fr

Remembering Names
« Reply #2 on: 27/02/2007 07:12:09 »

ARE YOU SERIOUS???

Yep, i would guess i can not remember 50% of the names of people i know. The only way  find to remember is by giving people nicknames based on their name and apperance. a few years back i was contacted by some people i went to school with and i could not remember who most of them were, even when told of the antics we used to get up to. which i could also not remember.

I had epilepsy in my late teens and was on a heavy dose of medication for 2 years, i have had no epileptic attacks or medication for 17 years now and wonder if the meds or epilepsy may be a factor?

when i was on the meds they made me so spaced out that it was like i had no control over anything and stopped taking them for that reason.

both my long and short term memory is realy screwy, from not remembering names to going places and then not having a clue why i went there on arriving.

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Remembering Names
« Reply #3 on: 27/02/2007 07:20:04 »
I have had medicine that do that to me , have no control..  I hate it.. I have made a trip into one room specifically to get something get there and can't remember what I went for, so I go back, but then I can't remember what I was doing or where I was sitting or anything. Thats so weird it is worse with all my medication.. which is just frustrating as all get out!

paul.fr

Remembering Names
« Reply #4 on: 27/02/2007 07:34:02 »
Yes, its rather frustrating. getting on a bus or train and arriving at your destination only to not know why you went there!

The name thing though is terrible, even girlfriends names i forget. Friends at work . lolalways ring me and tell me that this or that person likes me and that is realy annoying as i can not put a name to the persons face. lol , i think they do it becase i can not remember who the person is...

Offline Karen W.

• "come fly with me"
    • View Profile
Remembering Names
« Reply #5 on: 27/02/2007 07:43:43 »
LOL thats funny, but it's not! I have been there.. I have more trouble with names, but remember faces really well usually!

The Naked Scientists Forum

Remembering Names
« Reply #5 on: 27/02/2007 07:43:43 »

SMF 2.0.10 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines
SMFAds for Free Forums